Bloodsport Discussion/Speculation

What did you think of this years show?
What matches would you like to see next year?
Who should GCW ask to curate next years card?

Personally I think next years show should be "Minoru Suzuki's Bloodsport" and the main event should be Suzuki versus ZSJ because I've always wanted to see ZSJ get slapped around by Suzuki.

Attached: bloodsport.jpg (1024x683, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SwjhHQgtgwc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was the best show this week in my opinion. Unsure if Barnett/M. Suzuki or Thatcher/H. Suzuki had the best match. But really everything except Mir/Severn was at least entertaining to me, and even that wasn't terrible or anything. I kind of want them to do at least one freakshow sort of match next year though. No Legs vs. Baroni or something. Or have Virgil get heem'd.

Jay White vs Barnett needs to happen.

I'm down for Suzuki v ZSJ, but something more like "Suzuki-gun Bloodsport ICHIBAN" would be dope. I mean, you have DBS, Suzuki, and ZSJ to rep, so why not. And Barnett and Suzuki are buddy-buddy now.

Thatcher was fucking brilliant in his work, particularly the way he sold everything. The knockout sell was the fucking cherry on top. Hideki was amazing as well. Gresham and whoever was fucking aces. Kind crazy how much of Bryan Danielson you can see in Gresham.

As long as they preserve the whole feeling of "yeah someone might just get knocked out or tap to a lucky submission out of nowhere" they could put any tough-looking guys in there. More deathmatch guys, more mma guys. Simon Gotch getting knocked the fuck out was hysterical, fuck that kid. If they adopted a more "kumite" like arena with a little more room to fight, but keep the really intimate atmosphere, that'd be killer.

Can Don Frye still go? Would love to see him. Get some young collegiate guys. Jack Swagger would be fucking perfect.

Call me a fucking faggot retardo all YOU want, but were these shoot por worked fights? Only watched a bit of minoru and the other guy

worked shoot, these guys are mostly real fighters or guys with training and experience, so they kinda just got to get loose and fuck around, make it look good, but not really fuck each other up

Attached: durrrrrrrr.jpg (625x773, 60K)

Yeah its what I was thinking, sounds lame

i don't think NJPW would give away Zack vs Suzuki.
also don't know if they would even let Zack do it

It's pretty good, it's what wrestling should be

youtube.com/watch?v=SwjhHQgtgwc

I wish they would run something like this once a month

I hope they book John Claude Van Damme to make an appearance

They should book him to fight if they can, just let him squash some indie shitter

Why don't you watch it and make up your own mind? It's on YouTube.

>Simon Gotch getting knocked the fuck out was hysterical,
I think Gotch looked better in the Bloodsport environment than he ever did in WWE as the style suits him better. I usually hate Davey Boy Smith Jr but he looked great on this show.

Penis Party was better.

I think they might run ZSJ/Suzuki in a G1 block this year. Maybe on the final block night so its in the budokan. Zack will stop Suzuki from making the finals or something.

>More deathmatch guys
Especially ones who can work. Masashi Takeda in particular was fucking great.

i want to see ishii vs barnett and suzuki vs zack saber jr

Really enjoyed it.

I'm getting really sick of the indie flips and piledrivers and no selling mentality. This was all about wrestling and storytelling in ring, where one suplex or big hit meant a lot. The crowd definitely helped sell the wrestling style too.

Next year would like to see Yuu or Miyu Yamashita get a shot. They did a match last year for TJPW that had a lot of shootstyle wrestling and came #55 in the VOW moty.

Really enjoyed the show, H.Suzuki vs Thatcher was MOTN for me. Everything they did looked brutal and Thatcher’s selling was on point. Hideki getting annoyed throughout the match anytime Thatcher slipped out of a hold was on point even after the match ended.

Hopefully next year, in addition to bringing back Hideki, they get Takuya Nomura to attend. Gresham vs Nomura would be fantastic.

I wonder if they could convince Hideki and Minoru to face each other? Also, would be nice if they could bring in a lucha wrestler with mat skill like Blue Panther or something.

Attached: 16D9BE85-BF95-4C5B-A736-D6D2A83B4329.jpg (480x480, 64K)

Are you actually asking this?

ishii would be awesome to see on this type of show

Most of the matches were nobody vs nobody and I didn't care. Most of the matches barely got started before they were done, too.

It was some safe stuff.

That said, I did enjoy Smith vs Kross, and Suzuki vs Barnett. i watched Mir vs Severn but it was literally nothing. Most of the card was boring fake tough guy shit.