How was THIS the top guy for years?

How was THIS the top guy for years?

Attached: bob_backlund.jpg (299x390, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-2yRchbOk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That nigga look like he got retard strength. I bet he could crush a skull with one hand.

Based Backlund was big dimes ya zoomer simp

Bitch. Backlund was the Danial Bryan of his time and a legit shooter. This is only his old form when he was washed up.

I got worked so fucking hard as a kid when this random old geek beat Bret for the title, only for Nash to then take it from him in literally 8 seconds

Dude, Snapped Backlund was based. In the New Generation Era, the gimmick was great. Better than your TL Hoppers of the day.

it's insulting to compare him to Daniel Bryan since Bryan couldn't lace his boots, but it's a good enough analogy.

Bryan is far better than any wrestler of the 90's (of wwe and wcw) maybe Bret Hart

he's a poor man's Benoit

This, but unironically

Back in the day your champion had to be a legit shooter. Otherwise champs from other territories could shoot on you and take the belt.

Bryan in the 90’s would have definitely been more jacked and part of the Hart foundation plus he probably would have trained with Stu in the dungeon. Fuck that would have been cool lol

are you me? god I'm old

Funny how wrestling evolved. It's weird for us to think a guy who won the belt for the first time in 1978 won it again in 1994. Lesnar got it for the first time in 2002 and is a world champ right now, having won it in 2018. The same 16 year gap, but we don't even bat an eye on that.

Because that was at the end of Vince Sr.'s time as owner of the company, and he was very conservative in terms of wanting a bread-and-butter All-American blue chipper as his top babyface champion. Billy Graham was absolutely more popular, but his Superstar gimmick was considered "counter-cultural" and therefore Vince Sr. refused to let him turn face. Then when Vince Jr. bought the company one of the first things he did was poach Graham-ripoff Hulk Hogan, someone else Vince Sr. kept as a heel, as his new top guy.

I heard backstage stories of him coming in the back and showing off his amateur background. I heard he once tied up Ryback like a pretzel and all Ryback could do was cry. Backlund is kind of like Stu Hart, only without the sex dungeon and the sexual molestation of grown men.

Was Stu actually banging his students or is that just a meme?

It's as true as anything off of that dirtsheet

time moved differently in the 80s and 90s.

Thanks for the insight Vince

you mean THAT dirtsheet?

Alfred E. Neuman was always a draw

Based Backlund Asuka-Locking Bret Fart to oblivion

Crazy Bob Backlud was more over than Shitman Hart when I was a little kid. No one liked boring Bret. Crossface Chicken wing was the most over move

He would also have massive brain damage and possibly kill his family

I got a boner when Helen threw in the towel for the Shitman because she couldn't bare to see her boy suffer more brain damage then he already got from based Bob. Words cannot describe the sheer insanity and violence Backlund unleashed on Drek Fart that Survivor Series. It was getting to the point the refs would of had to stop the match because the Shitman was unresponsive and eternally bleeding due to Backlund.

Its too bad that Bobs reign wasn't longer and he lost the belt two days later in two seconds to Big Daddy Cool Diesel

He was an interesting character, but would have been a weird choice for the face of the company. Diesel at least looked good in stills and replays of his moves, as long as you didn't watch his actual matches.

Steph raped Macho man in '86

They just needed to have him hold it on for a month or two while they do promos and interviews with him and Diesel where Diesel talks about how he is the leader of the New Generation and how he will beat his old ass and then they have their match where he beats Bob in two seconds

FUN FACT: That title change against Nash was the last time the WWE Title was changed at a house show.

Also Nash was raped in the summer of 92.

...holy fuck, suddenly it all makes sense. No wonder we had so many legit tough guys back in the day as champions.

Based
youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-2yRchbOk

Not only that, but would also be embarassing and credibilty losing to have your champion get his ass kicked by a nobody in a bar fight. Boys had to be tough

Attached: images (30).jpg (480x360, 15K)

haha wtf

anybody who lost to a civilian in any altercation would be blacklisted from the entire territory.

no joke

even better

shake his hand and you'll find out why

Vince senior wanted a jabroni retard he could control