Big Dick Dave stirring that pot even further

Big Dick Dave stirring that pot even further

Attached: Annotation 2019-04-01 115002.jpg (352x578, 56K)

WWE
>h-he said he likes wrestling!
>s-s-send him free tickets!
they shouldnt have responded
they see vince is shook
also vince gave more spotlight to his empire
unless...
unless vince is actually changing
but its most likely cunter and steph that will change the shit to benefit the wrestlers since gaytch has said before that hes a wrestler before hes an entertainer

>meltzer guys
TAKE A WALK BRO

Attached: 1543366491340.webm (640x360, 148K)

>russonettys
ohnonononono

I don't get it. Why are wrestling fans so worked by this?
Wrestling is dumb as shit and anyone offended by this Millhouse looking simp needs to just do themselves in already.

Maybe Meltz should hire wrestlers to write for his mag and pay them health care. I doubt he would, despite the money he's made off of the industry

wwe fucked up by responding in the first place

Meltz is right though, (You) can have a like from me brother

He's got a point, to be honest. Yes, WWE tends to pay the highest. However...

> Can't claim travel expense
> Can't claim overnight stay expense
> They expect you to be at the venue from 12pm up to 11pm yet they only provide one meal at catering
> No employee rights, such as character input
> No pension scheme
> No guaranteed pay scaling with inflation
> Merch dividends are on a 6 month delay and don't scale
> No paid leave
> WWE only provide healthcare through their own providers, proven to be in Vinces pocket
> They even own you for 3 months AFTER you leave

Pretty insane in all honesty. It would take a lot of upheaval, but it COULD be fixed.

the saddest part is that wwe COULD fix it if they really wanted to and wouldn't put a dent to their bottom line overall

no they didn't
vince is a carny, he'll take the publicity and move on. this isn't even that bad compared to the steroid trial, benoit, or even the saudi stuff

Upheaval and a lot of lost jobs. I don't know why you retards think you can give things away for free and it comes at no cost

>lot of lost jobs
And? If those jobs aren't required what's the fucking problem?

"If those jobs aren't required"
Who is deciding whether they're required or not?

Healthcare for adults, who are well-paid to buy their own health care, is not required

Ooh nooooo PR drone #67 won't be around to post hashtags. That suuuucks

The idea is this shit should have been organically woven in to the company years ago, Vince has been robbing Peter to pay Paul and now the company is bloated. I'd be willing to bet his guys at corporate have all those benefits included

Lol @ thinking you'll kill admin but admin is a lot of retired wrestlers.

>Healthcare for adults, who are well-paid to buy their own health care, is not required
Actually more like
>health-care for adults in a sport that often gets you injured should be provided by the company that often gets you injured

Also fucking hell user, do you have any idea of the health-care costs of a world travelling wrestler with no off season? Several grand a month, easy.

>look at the date
>everyone getting worked

heh

Attached: smug-pepe2.jpg (400x400, 43K)

The company didn't get you injured. you don't have to do anything.

wwe is everything that is wrong with drumpf america

big carny companies owned by old white man who is even racist to his minority talent

fuck the wwe,fuck vince and most important fuck white people!

DAVE

Attached: adf.png (307x277, 62K)

So this is the power of the big leagues.

Attached: 1522909996438.jpg (500x625, 48K)

Do professional theatre companies offer healthcare and pensions? What about football?

Big Dick Dave waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike back at wwe after that peyton Royce and roman cancer thing

Kek also

>You have to work 5 days, 50 weeks a year
>You're not allowed to take any kind of outside work despite being a contractor

it's all about timing, notice that Nia is fucking silent even though John Oliver told that Roman pedo joke

>If comedian John Oliver doesn't want to attend a wrestling show, all wrestlers should be doomed to dying before 50
What the fuck are you getting at with this, Meltz?

and on the flipside Ryan Satin went full on wwe shill on Collider Live just a few minutes ago

what'd lyin ratin have to say?

that bootlicker wants the WWE access so not even remotely surprised, all of those guys for the exception of Meltzer, The Bix and Mike Johnson just want to suck at the WWE tit for as long as they can

the best part of all of this is that Brutus HOF announcement got completely btfo cause no one even remotely cares

>post-career injury care
WWE has done more than their part by taking care of guys who had to retire due to injury

Otherwise why else would Edge & Christian have 2 seasons of their own show?

Only listened for a little bit but he was saying how Savage died in a car accident, the life expectancy graph was from 2013, jake roberts problems were basically because he kept wrestling after wwe, wwe has a great drug policy with how they test and any former wrestler can go to rehab on the wwe's dime, chyna's death was because of drugs

Dave is right though.

RusOHNONO

Savage died of a heart attack before the car even touched the tree, his wife was in the car too and barely got scrapped by the crash. The coroner's office said his heart was enlarged, 90% clogged and he had a fuckload of painkillers in his system. As for "wrestling elsewhere", Oliver even addressed this by saying the old timers have no choice to make ends meet.

Can somebody explain to me how someone who's making well over 6 figures a year can't afford their own health insurance?

>old timers have no choice to make ends meet
it's WWE's fault that wrestlers are bad with money?...

>wwe has a great drug policy with how they test and any former wrestler can go to rehab on the wwe's dime

most of that is two faced but this is outright bullshit wwe guys know when they're getting tested it's why coke is the number on drug instead of weed in the lockerroom

>WWE gives a great salary
>GED having wrestler lives like he will be making that money forever
>lives beyond means
>buys cars and blows it on drugs
>buys an expensive house that he only gets to see 2 days a week due to being on the road.
>gets fired
>has nothing to show for it
>has to now work Greg Valentine for a hotdog & a handshake for the rest of his life until he decides to be an hero
>"..fu...fuck WWE they're the reason why I'm broke!"
tale as old as time

This is the same shit as teachers whining.
You want to become a teacher.
You study to become a teacher.
You graduate.
You accept a job.
You then bitch about terms you agreed to.
When does the personal responsibility come in?

Tell me a wrestler who retired comfortably from the WWE and never had to work elsewhere or within WWE itself.

>WWE gives a great salary
3/4 of the current roster gets paid fucking crumbs.

Kane

I didn't know retiring to comfort was a necessity. my grandfather is 80 and still works.

Most wrestlers careers end around 45, should Vince babysit them forever? That's absolute bullshit.

How is becoming a radio host, politician and realtor "not having to work"?

>I didn't know retiring to comfort was a necessity. my grandfather is 80 and still works.
If you think that's normal or even acceptable you're living in a hell of your own design.

>"wanting to negotiate terms and conditions with an employer is bad"

Why does this shit only happen in America? Has your working & middle class been fucked over so much that even the concept of striking/protesting/unionizing is scary to you?

at least they get paid decently

Elsewhere you are lucky if you get your check on time every month

>>They even own you for 3 months AFTER you leave
No, they don't. CM Punk proved it to be an empty threat with no legal backing when he challenged it in court and they instantly waived the no-compete clauses.

Wait what, can't claim travel expense? I thought this was the fucking law - either the company pays for rental cars and air tickets or they pay the standard mile driven to persons vehicle?

Because they are probably the only western nation that wasn't completely fucked in the ass by the commies.

He's retired. But what should he do? Sit around waiting to die?

People don't always work because they're hurting for money.

If the working class was smart they'd know unions and the min wage is what ruined their lives and cost them jobs

that's the irony. we were fucked by the cold war to an even larger degree. now worker's rights and every other form of public policy are falsely equivocated with soviet russia.

are you implying that, because a wrestler retires from in-ring, that he should turn down loads of easy money for guest appearances? Why should they not be allowed to make money in a manner that doesn't involve them bumping their necks even more into sawdust?

when guys like Edge & Christian can retire from the ring at 40 and stay retired, then it shows it can be done. it's called they're smart with their money. Look at Kane, too. All 3 of these guys had hobbies after retired, and they turned into a paying gigs (Edge pursued acting as hobby, got a role on Vikings. Christian pursued voice acting as hobby, now hosts a show on History, Kane liked politics, now he's a goddamed mayor)

Those are the guys every wrestler should try to be. 99% will not make top guy money and it is not attainable. However, if you make +/- 1 million a year, stay for 10+ years, live within means, pay your taxes quarterly, don't be stupid... you should be able to retire with comfort and not have to take bumps at 55.

Most wrestlers are GED having mongoloids that think the ride will never end and don't even pay their taxes quarterly and that's how they get in deep shit.

It's more a psychological threat. Most wrestlers won't have the balls to start working before the 90 days.

Russetty looks like shit in this vid.

>Has your working & middle class been fucked over so much
yeah, pretty much. You'd have a hoot reading about work at will states.

this is basically confirming AEW will be on one of Warner's TV stations. think about it.

>John Oliver is on HBO
>HBO is owned by Warner
>Warner also owns TBS and TNT
>HBO also did a documentary on Kenny Omega
>John Oliver produced a hit piece on WWE a week before Wrestlemania
>Billionaire Ted is back to run Vince out of business

Attached: 101077746-112544005.jpg (700x466, 29K)

Real gotdamn talk.
WWE pays dudes enough for them to live comfortably for the rest of their lives.

These people don't understand what they're calling for.
>increased discrimination on hiring. Anyone with a significant surgery on their sheet will not get a job (they already do this)
>Discrimination based on age. Performers older than 30 probably won't get a second look.
>Mass layoffs in production and agent roles, which tend to be retired wrestlers.
>Layoffs in the lower card, guys on the Apollo Crews-tier will lose a comfy job with a downside guarantee.
>Far more strict wellness and fitness. Overweight talent will really be in a bind.
>Slashes to NXT and the Performance Center
>Increased tix prices, merch costs and Network subs for the fans

Its ridiculous and a bunch of people who don't know what they're talking about want this because "it makes me feel..."

the average wrestler is like Buff Bagwell

from an interview he did
>was making $1,000,000 per year when WCW closed
>WWE wants him, but offering him $250,000 per
>Buff says "How am I going to afford my mortgage? My cars?"
>Buff was dumb with his money and thought the ride would never end
>No matter, Buff gets fired from WWE quickly
>Buff loses house & cars
>Buff has nothing
>Buff becomes a male prostitutes and has to eat out hairy fat old Italian grandmas to make ends meet

Don't be like Buff Bagwell. Be like Edge, Christian, Kane, Jericho etc. Fuck, even be like Lance Storm.... but don't be like Buff Bagwell.

I want them to give all the wrestlers complete healthcare and post-career coverage without doing any of that stuff because they're making a bajillion dollars with their Saudi blood money and they should invest it in the people that make their company exist.

Most of the writers don't get paid, it's one of the reasons why Bix left. I think only the podcast hosts get some money.

Meltzer isn't saying anything different than he always does when it comes to providing benefits and possibilities of unions.

>post-career coverage
what kind of coverage? financial? medical? both?

and when should this post-career coverage kick in? What age? After how many years of service should it take for a wrestler to be entitled? What happens if a guy can't help himself and gets back in the ring after he "retires" like happens 99% of the time? Does he forfeit future coverage? Does he have to pay back money paid to him because he breached by returning to the ring?

for reference, the NFL's pension each player is entitled to $43,000 annually at age 55. NBA's avg is 100k but it becomes available at 62. So in every other athletic league, the individual is on their own from the time they retire until they get into late-50s. It's not up to the NFL or NBA or NHL or WWE to babysit their players once they're no longer employees.

WWE's form of pension is a legends contract which is probably in that same ballpark of the NFL's pension.

The median is probably close to 75K a year

based

I'm not a fucking financial professional, dude, I don't have a ten-point presentation for you, I just want the people that are entertaining me to have their medical expenses covered and be able to live comfortably after they retire. The other leagues should do that too. WWE and these sports leagues make insane amounts of money off of these guys destroying their bodies for our entertainment, they should cover them from the second they leave the business until they're dead. Period. No conditions. No forfeiture. Just give the guys money.

>I'm not a fucking financial professional, dude, I don't have a ten-point presentation for you
so you don't have the slightest fucking idea what you're talking about?

They make enough money. Investing would cover the rest of their lives, but most are too retarded not to blow all the money in 5 years

Not as an "independant contractor."

prime example
>Ryder talking with his literal childhood hero's and adult mentors Edge & Christian
>Ryder aka 10-year WWE employee
>Ryder bragging to them that he spent 20k on wrestling dolls and almost spent 15k on a Lex Luger toy
>they tell him "when we told you to invest your money 10-years ago, dolls were not exactly what we meant you mark. think of how better off you would've been."
>Ryder is shamed and has to say "..well I guess maybe these dolls are like my stocks/bonds?"
Knowing Ryder, he'll wait too long to sell his toys and will never actually get return on investment. He'll be like some of those dopes that have attics full of Beanie Babies.

Tell me one person who went back to the ring for the business. Not a single fucking one. All were because they needed fucking money, wanted to promote some bullshit or because they were addicted like Kurt. Not a single one said "Oh, I miss the sawdust bumping. Let's go back."

Here's my slightest fucking idea. Without these athletes, all of the McMahons would be living in a fucking box under an overpass in Connecticut together, so they should cover them, completely and totally.

So what. The fact that some of them are bad with money doesn't change the fact that they're shredding their bodies to make Vince billions of dollars.

>Not a single one said "Oh, I miss the sawdust bumping. Let's go back."

Attached: hi anon.jpg (504x337, 82K)

Hi Phil!

To be fair, Ryder doesn't have to worry about lasting injuries or medical bills. He never wrestles.

based

/russo/chads report in

Attached: Ryback-Closeup-435x580.jpg (435x580, 41K)

Mick needed hip replacement surgery a couple years ago and had to go get his own medical insurance to get it. Tell me exactly why WWE couldn't have covered that for him.

>15k on a Lex Luger toy

How? Why?

Because he can afford it and he's a multi millionaire

shut the fuck up you mewling rat kike

muh medico
muh minority runs
muh inequality
muh welfare

>the one fighting for corporations and the billionaires who run them to do their part to help their employees even if it means losing a few million is the kike
you are literally fighting for the elites to keep getting an ez mode life, faggot
mick's only a millionaire from the book deals, I doubt he even made $500,000 a year at his peak in wwe

because WWE are not a charity, user.
Would it have been cool if WWE would've done that out of the goodness? Sure.

Should they be mandated to do it? Fuck that.

Mick Foley *should* be able to afford it. Know why? Cause he saved every single dime he made. Now, Foley being the cheap mother fucker he is saw that his hip was gonna cost $60,000... so of course being cheap he will say "fuck that noise, I'll simply just live with the pain" until he bit the bullet and got it done.

>mick's only a millionaire from the book deals, I doubt he even made $500,000 a year at his peak in wwe
he was high six figures in 98 99 2000

Well someone had to say it, I just didn't expect it to be an Yea Forums user

>Cause he saved every single dime he made.
You can't assume this from anyone simp. Everyone owns their money and should be able to do whatever the fuck they want with it, that in no way frees the company from taking care of their workers after so many years of destroying their body for them.

Imagine thinking a guy who programed with Undertaker, Rock, & Austin during the biggest financial years in WWF history to that point was capped at 500k

He was likely making +500k to just be the on screen Commissioner in 2001 and just goof off backstage.

>Should they be mandated to do it?
Yes.

He needed the hip replacement because of work he did for WWE. Work that they trot out every single year to promote their Hell in a Cell PPVs. They sell the Hell in a Cell PPV off of the bumps Mick Foley took in that match, they should absolutely have to pay for the surgery he needed as a result of that match and others like it.

Foley may be a cheap motherfucker who is fine just living with the pain until he could get insurance that can cover it, but that never should've been the case and it never should've been a choice he had to make. WWE should've covered it, full stop, so the choice to live with it or pay for it himself was never even on Mick's radar.

yea, but you realize if you are an independent contractor, the salary doesn't consider all the taxes they have to pay that don't come out automatically plus travel expense, health insurance...after that, he probably only took home $500,000 if that

>that in no way frees the company from taking care of their workers after so many years of destroying their body for them
umm yes it does ayy lmao

Foley is the extreme case. Let's look at the average case of a WWE wrestler. Someone like Sabu.

Sabu can't afford medical care. Sabu wrestled for 6-months in WWE. By the time Sabu got to WWE, he was an addict and had 10-years of damaging himself.
So WWE should be on the hook for babysitting and taking care Sabu for life?... because he worked 6-months for WWE?
Fuck that noise

Foley had 2 summer homes before he even wrote his first book. The books got him 2 more. I'm sick of this idea everyone needs to be coddled and taken care of even when it's obvious in the case of a Mick Foley that they don't. Save those points for the true dumbfucks of the industry not a guy who just wrestled like one.

nah

I recognize WWE as a white owned and operated empire with inherent conservative values. I will protect their monopoly based on racial lines and respect for their business acumen alone.

You are not one of these people so stop pretending to be. They are not your friends and you don't need to "help" by whining that you hate how much bigger every other nigger's dick is compared to yours.

But one of those summer homes burned down a few years ago have a heart!

>this is your brain on conservativism
How the fuck you guys make fun of libtards when you keep help shoehorning in references to nigger dick in every argument you make while applauding shady kike-based business tactics that don't benefit them in any way...at least libtards aren't proud shiteaters living in the closet like you and other people with your beliefs

>No employee rights, such as character input
Oh my god, boo fucking hoo. There should never exist a time where all talent gets character input.

can't help shoehorning*

But we missed out on the legendary Bob Holly run this way

football does, and they have a fund for injured retired players to pay for hospital stuff

They're independent contractors. As an example, imagine your plumbing is fucked and you get a plumber from 2 towns over. If he agrees to take the job, he's expected to cover costs to and from the job.

The independent contractor thing only works if there's a set base, but WWE has it applied to worldwide travel.

He's featured on house shows with Hawkins and has been for years