LIVE AND LEARN

LIVE AND LEARN

HANGING ON THE EDGE OF TOMORROW

Attached: images (43).jpg (306x164, 15K)

LIVE AND LEARN

ON THE WORDS OF YESTERDAYHEY

So is Okada gonna take the strap back at MSG or is it too early in the arc?

After watching him in the NJC, I think it's the perfect timing.

if the plan was okada to always win the belt and omega fucked off. Gedo found a good time to put the belt on jay shortly to elevate him.

Yeah Okada probably would have beaten Jay at WK, but it's much more interesting this way, because if he wins at MSG, Chadblade is still 2-1.

hard to say
you'd think they would want to give a happy ending at the end of the MSG show
on the other hand, i do think it's too early, both in jay's reign and okada's arc. i would have thought wrestle kingdom would be the time to do it.
so yeah. unlike most iwgp title matches, it could go either way, which makes it very interesting.

BREATHE WITH THE CHADBLADE!!!
THEN.
NOW.
F O R E V E R!

Attached: chadblade6.jpg (650x400, 213K)

Cringeblade. Jay White was better.

man, i could not give a single shit about this match, it makes you feel like the last 10 months were a complete waste of time

Attached: 48172405_326770184832876_7538896351673712640_n.jpg (540x720, 28K)

>it makes you feel like the last 10 months were a complete waste of time
How?
There was a longterm story of Okada loosing his mojo, building up Jay in G1, Gedo betrays Okada. And Jay beats Okada in the Dome and then gets Tana's title.
And Okada has to go through the rest of his buddies in CHAOS and SANADA to challenge for the belt at MSG.
Last year, we had still unbeatable champion Okada and upstart Jay White. And we were looking forward Okada's defense against ZSJ.

>longterm
Its been 6 months

Dominion to June is not six months.
It's 11. 11 Months for a wrestling story is long-term.

This is the 3rd Okada redemption story they've done and none of them have ever lasted a year.
Everyone who's been watching since at least the Bushiroad era is sick of it.

He's the Ace, he needs to loose sometime, but he needs to climb back onto his mountain-top
That's how Aces work. The top guy is top guy for a reason.
You may not like it and if you do not, I suggest switching companies periodically, when the Ace on top starts to feel stale for you.

>Everyone who's been watching since at least the Bushiroad era is sick of it.

He's the most over person in the company so you're an outlier.

Imagine you're New Japan and you're running your biggest US show ever that every wrestling fan in the country will be paying attention to. You have the opportunity to do Okada vs Tanahashi in the US for the first time, the signature rivalry and matches that defined New Japan this decade and made it popular again. The match already has diminishing terms as a draw in Japan so it would be perfectly fine to waste it here on a sold out US show. Instead they give us Okada vs......Jay White. What were they thinking How could they not call an audible when Kenny left and ruined their plans instead of just plugging in someone who's not ready or over in his spot?

4th most tops. Everyone would be rooting for Naito, Tana or Ibushi against him. Probably even Sanada too at this point

>plugging in someone who's not ready or over in his spot?
To make him. He will now be ex-champion. He is a heel and he needed that win over Tanahashi. He is now a made man, who will be in at least semi-main, maybe even main event of one of the Dome shows next january.
They wanted to make their top heel and they did it.

Attached: 1552238900812.png (668x758, 151K)

The reaction he gets from live crowds disagrees with your detached conjecture. It's stronger than anyone else's.

i was referring to the iwgp in general, not okada
kenny and tana has meaningless reigns and jay's would end up the same if it ended so soon

either way
>There was a longterm story of Okada loosing his mojo
which went nowhere and was honestly kinda lame
>Gedo betrays Okada
that was kino yeah
>And Okada has to go through the rest of his buddies in CHAOS and SANADA to challenge for the belt at MSG.
in the laziest (not bad, laziest) booking trope there is and winning against a guy i didnt even like that much but who i preferred over okada winning the title again

not really impressed by new japan's late booking

>kenny and tana has meaningless reigns and jay's would end up the same if it ended so soon
So.
let me ask you
Do you want another year long reign? Do you want Jay White sitting on the top and having matches with challengers?
We just had 2 years worth of Okada's reign. We had 6 months of Kenny's reign, with not good matches, until Tana match.
Tana cannot have another long reign, I think it was a good move to gvie the belt to Jay.
But.
Okada is the Ace. He is the measuring stick.
I am so sorry, you dislike this. I love Okada and I am happy he will be champion again.
This is good with Jay testing the waters if he looks good with this belt around his waist. But I am more than happy for Okada to beat him.
Also if you don't like Okada, I really, really suggest you find something else to watch.

Losing the belt after your first defense is basically tradition for all first time Heavyweight champions

Hashimoto wasn't like this

Not everyone is into the "King's Road" type of booking , honestly they oversaturated it , even during Misawa's Run in the 90's his matches weren't always an hour long like Okada's

>Do you want another year long reign? Do you want Jay White sitting on the top and having matches with challengers?
yes?
>We just had 2 years worth of Okada's reign. We had 6 months of Kenny's reign, with not good matches, until Tana match.
thats on them, so?
>I am so sorry, you dislike this. I love Okada and I am happy he will be champion again.
thats not the point, i dont dislike okada nor the idea he'll be champion again, but in these months it feels like all the reigns have been booked very poorly and jay is the guy who could change things up for a little
plus, i dont see okada standing against jay as believable because of how many times he's been bitched out