Did you enjoy any aspect of it?

Did you enjoy any aspect of it?

Attached: 220px-Wwfwcwecwinvasion.jpg (220x297, 18K)

I was like 12 so I just ate up everything they put out at this time

Booker T
that's about it

The PPV? It's pretty good up until Austin's heel turn at the end. That's legitimately one of the stupidest things they've ever done, weeks building up to him turning face again just to immediately trash it and drop ratings even further. The storyline itself? Garbage, but some of the interpromotional matches were cool like RVD V. Jeff.

It could've been good, but Vince's ego got in the way. The Invasion should've been led by the top WCW and ECW guys, not fucking Billy Kidman and Shawn Stasiak

Yeah. In retrospect they should've just waited until November when they could get Flair, Hogan, Nash and Hall and built to the next WM from there.

This 1000%. Imagine having access to every single prominent wrestler in North America and literally no competition to impede you in any way...and you botch it because you blow your load too early.

You could have had an alliance of Flair, the NWO, RVD & Sabu, Booker T, Goldberg, Sandman, etc. but you cheap out and have third string shitters leading the “invasion.”

Torrie and Stacy getting nekkid was a highlight.

Attached: ezgif-5-0dabc05fd844.gif (350x280, 3.49M)

People say this but it wouldn't have solved anything. Cramming in more and more big names leads to a huge diminishing returns affect. The Invasion by itself was a big enough deal that they could've easily run it well with the roster they brought in, then kept things fresh with the steady drip-feed of top WCW guys like Flair, followed by the nWo, followed by Steiner, followed by Goldberg. The problem with the Invasion was that it wasn't WWF vs. WCW/ ECW, it was McMahon vs. McMahon with all the actual wrestlers being treated like interchangeable clowns because they weren't "muh loyal WWF shitters."

>wasting away again in margaritaville

Attached: bd4ab159.png (1054x526, 39K)

One of the reasons it failed was because Vince realized there were no stars on the Invasion side, so he put WWE wrestlers Austin and Angle on the invaders side muddying the whole thing into disrepair.

Jeff Hardy v RVD was a nice match, fuck everything else.

The problem back then was that the timing just fucked them over along with the plans change meme. Austin/Triple H was supposed to be the major feud going into the Fall but Haitch blew his quads, along with lower tier faces like Benoit getting surgeries that kept them out of the picture as well.

Meanwhile WCW was supposed to get a Saturday night show and tour independently before they would attempt an invasion angle, then they changed it to rebranding one of the existing shows to WCW, then it was meant to be the original brand extension plan before they just nuked the name out of existence at Survivor Series. They tossed a bunch of broken eggs into one basket to salvage something and blew it completely.

I unironically got ANGRY when Austin turned heel again after watching the entire main event.

At the VERY start, I was curious.
Then it got terrible really fast.
For me the Attitude Era ended the day of the Invasion PPV.

The beginning with Shane buying WCW was cool. The few run ins with Lance Storm and Hugh Morris were cool as were the initial interactions with Booker T. I remember Booker T and Shane McMahon cutting a promo at "WWF New York" or whatever that place was called during a raw and the crowd chanting "WCW" while the commentators seemed legit pissed off lol. After that ECW briefly returning (before they retardedly joined with WCW to form the dreadful "Alliance") and some decent matches like RVD vs. Jeff Hardy. But by and large it was a disaster. Wrestling never truly recovered from it.

yeah there was a lot of great stuff
angle's face run
austin's heel work
RVD
the RVD v hardy matches
the hurricane
just the overall WWF vs WCW angle sucked for many reasons outlined in this thread

>The rise of Kurt Angle
>Austins heel run actually making sense in this context
>Booker T
>Heyman shooting on Vince
>Based Regal getting some screen time as corrupt commissioner sympathetic to the alliance

>That C-tier movie screaming/panic face
Still hot though

Actually, even from a canon standpoint, The Invasion PPV to Survivor Series is the final chapter of the Attitude Era.

It pretty much single-handedly killed my interest in wrestling for years, but there were some cool moments. I was a huge ECW mark and at the time it seemed like they did a reasonably good job integrating Heyman and some of the former ECW guys into the show. The timing would have been right for an ECW angle in early 2001 with Heyman as the vengeful cult leader, plus ECW had a completely different identity and mystique so there would have actually been credible motivations and shit to fight over. The WCW “invasion” was always a blatantly shit idea to begin with.

Vince probably thought an ECW invasion would never draw but I thought that was by far the coolest part as a kid. They already had a huge chunk of alumni combined with guys newly brought in like RVD, Dreamer, Mike Awesome, you had all the names you'd need and it was all set up tied in a bow for them. It would have been so easy to make ECW the focal point of the Invasion PPV and reintroduce WCW when they had more guys a short time later.

Yeah because soon after you got Batista, Brock, Cena and Orton debuting and that was basically the change.
The Cena Vs. Angle "RUTHLESS, AGRESSION" bit was the point of change.

Attached: 1B42F733-654C-41E1-8D48-C2F32CCC9AF6.gif (400x315, 3.32M)

Agree completely. A lot of people forget that ECW’s PPV buyrates were surpassing WCW’s towards the end. ECW chants would break out at WWF shows all the time. Even if you had never seen an ECW show, you still have this cult leader leading a bunch of dangerous-looking guys from this supposedly super-violent outlaw wrestling company just showing up and smashing people.

I don’t think I’ll ever not be angry about the way they handled this, and I question the intelligence of anyone who defends it.

The Invasion could have been the biggest blockbuster event in professional wrestling history, but Vince is an egomaniac and and shit all over it.

Imagine if they had of waited a few months:

Team WWF
>Austin
>Rock
>Foley
>Taker
>Triple H
>Kurt Angle
>Kane
>Shawn Michaels
>Chris Jericho
>Big Show

Team WCW/ECW
>Hogan
>Nash
>Hall
>Goldberg
>Sting
>RVD
>Booker T
>DDP
>Ric Flair
>Sandman
>Steiner
>Mr Perfect

Vince couldn’t bare to put his ego aside and actually put together a great angle that could have taken the wrestling business into its 3rd boom.

Parts were cool.