/esg/-eternal skatebarding general long live the editor edition

THE EDITOR IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE EDITOR

THE WORLD ERA IS OFFICIALLY OVER
THE SAN FRANSISCO CLANS HAVE BEEN DEALT WITH THEIR SECOND MASSIVE BLOW SINCE THE EXPOSURE OF JASON "100% SKATEBOARDER" JESSE

Basic brand information for beginners: pastebin.com/CxdBGA6W

Shoe reviews: docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0
Submit a shoe review: docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

SKATEBOARDING IS 90% MIND, 10% BODY

YOU' RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
YOU 'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

OLD THREAD: archived.moe/asp/thread/6355990/#6355990

youtube.com/watch?v=Yu3vwtxYI2k

Attached: skateburnett.jpg (620x413, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XYQEl0Hh9IE
youtube.com/watch?v=tSiEyKouaOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lbeLJApGSoI
youtu.be/tfJ0__o7qaA
youtube.com/watch?v=GuHs_mhg9Nk
skatenewswire.com/jesse-vieira-black-rock-security-guard-assault/
quora.com/How-do-skateboarders-avoid-falling-every-time-a-skateboard-wheel-hits-a-crack-on-the-road
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2dy7Cg36qfY
youtube.com/watch?v=0I6wEL4g7ks
youtube.com/watch?v=Hbl6CYkZ6L8
youtube.com/watch?v=jYnMFovY0Kg
youtu.be/HEKqcTi4cDI
youtube.com/watch?v=vAYEbnvYtfw
youtube.com/watch?v=qM7-n3gEuJo
youtube.com/watch?v=EApXhO0Tx-8
youtu.be/JnrHW16ilzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cross country skiing is better

Attached: skiing.jpg (1100x733, 171K)

post funny moments of the Phelper

youtube.com/watch?v=XYQEl0Hh9IE

Nice

Ride in paradise

can't wait to end work and start skating more often

>can't wait to end work and start skating more often
Cool

Based

No one was going to tell me that there's a new Frog video out this month?

fuck man, just seeing this now. Visited my local shop today, and I believe the owner is close with the thrasher team. He was out today. Guess this might be why. RIP

start a thread

What's up niggas? I don't know shit about skateboarding. How much should I pay for my first board?

If you're in the US, $100+. In the neighborhood of 130.
Deck - 60 (40 for shop decks around here)
Trucks - 20-30 for standard Indies. Can get up to 60 for special trucks,
Wheels - 20-40
Bearings - 18ish, I say get Bones Reds or Bronsons
Hardware - Couple bucks

You'll pay more in a shop , but also have someone to help you out. At the least you can get a shop deck there which is generally cheaper.

This is not a tweaked-out list for an ideal board. Generally, if you see a setup for half the price, it's not a real board. Think about it like sports equipment. The above list is the going rate for what actually qualifies as equipment, and below that is generally kids toys to imitate it, like a mini soccerball or a plastic basketball hoop.

Thanks man. Another thing, I think I have atrocious balance, like, newborn baby tier. Are there any gay little secrets to improving your balance, or do you just have to ride and get familiar?

Generally, keep your knees slightly bent and think of them like shock absorbers. this probably holds for most sports where balance is key.

Specific to skateboarding, pushing will be hard to pick up. I recommend tightening your trucks when you learn to push, and loosening them later. Counter-intuitively, It becomes harder to balance on tight trucks once you're more comfortable on the board.

Rad, thanks for the tips.

Sure thing. Shred on and bump /esg/

Based

don't mongo push even though it seems easier at first, it's important to get your front foot to be the balance point that steers the board while pushing

Can somebody help this man

by ekin

You can't escape the Spectacle bro. You can only fight against it.

youtube.com/watch?v=tSiEyKouaOQ

>haven't skated in ~10 years
>snap my deck because it's too old
>go the local skateshop
>they don't stock decks smaller than 8's anymore
>they barely have any of the good known brands
>they barely have any variety whatsoever

Does everyone skate an 8.5 now? And what the fuck is Antiz? Hope this randomass brand deck doesn't snap in the first week.

where are you user?

Third world, where the communists are also now giving tickets for skating at one of the most iconic and best spots in the city.

Spain?

Even third worlder.

Be more specific

I can't, I'm anonymous.

you will still be, I'm sure there's more than 3 people in your country

Anyways, Antiz is a good brand from Lyon, France.

You are probably not aware of the newer brands that sprang up since the last time you rode.
All skatebrands have an average success span of 10 years so it's pretty expected that you won't see the exact same brands you used to see in your store.

>All skatebrands have an average success span of 10 years so it's pretty expected that you won't see the exact same brands you used to see in your store.

Ok, but thunder, indy, bones and mob to name a few can't be dead.

those aren't deck brands, you mentioned decks.

Are you from Greece?

Not in Greece, and I meant brands for all parts in general. I bought antiz bearings lmao, who the fuck skates those? I was gonna buy new trucks so I can go up a size with my board, but all they had was iron, whatever the fuck those are, and venture, which I don't fuck with.

check'd

Indies still exist of course, thunders too and Mob griptape.

Didn't you ask them why aren't they bringing your brands of choice anymore or if they are waiting for a delivery?

Are you from Cuba or Venezuela?

Attached: checkflip.jpg (271x400, 25K)

No, I just went with what they had, since I really don't care what I skate to be honest as long as it's an actual skate brand. It was just surprising.

Again with the ding-dong diddly bart simpson? I thought you guys left asp

Many brands known for an item also produce other items as well, I had to buy Indy bearings for example.
Especially when it comes to bushings and bearings, people buy whatever's in the store usually

SO WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

Anonymous.

youtube.com/watch?v=lbeLJApGSoI

>my literal 11 year old indies bearings spin better than the brand new antiz I got

Pretty depressing.

you need time to break them in

did you put them in properly?

>bearings need to be broken in

Uhhh, hello???

yes, they need some rolling for the oil and the metal to be properly adjusted

Ok I'll hit you up in a week then.

keep coming back and bump the thread though

If you want another bump, these antiz bearings look exactly the same as bones reds, so I'm willing to bet they're made by bones, but sold as antiz.

I don't know the deal man, but Antiz is legit

look them up on youtube

inb4 I snap the board on a 3 stair like last time

not their fault you're heavy-footed, lel

How do we get more Yea Forums neckbeards to skate and to join these threads? There's no need for this thread to be so dead considering how popular skateboarding is.

people just think Yea Forums is for wrestling the the likes, so they would probably never bother to check its here

yeah for the last two years its only really been us and the airsoft general

Attached: 1546485383150.png (495x500, 31K)

>skated around town for three hours straight
I bought soft wheels because I was spending half of my skating time just carrying the board to my spot and I need to clock the fuck in. It's a dream now, I can ride around with very few interruptions and even around busier streets with a good amount of confidence. I am enjoying this so much bros, no longer just making circles around an empty lot.

Attached: 1466260724439.jpg (640x426, 37K)

pretty fucking nice

hav a pepe

Attached: suicidal pepe.png (825x480, 340K)

To be honest I found the thread on accident. I ironically opened Yea Forums for no reason at all and saw a skate thread on the first page.

tfw friend gave me a set of indies

Feeling to set up a cruiser deck

make a balance board, and use it everyday for an hour.

>cruiser

youtu.be/tfJ0__o7qaA

banter

but really, i want something with bigger wheels that i can still ollie curbs with but get around faster on

>I want bigger dicks to jump faster on

All I read.

Yeah, 8s are small now, and decks over 9 are in fashion. Boards have gotten lot lighter these days though, so big boards make more sense today than they used to.

After searching for a skateboarding general on /sp I found this "alternative" thing board with an /esg surrounded by wrestling freaks.

Attached: 4chanads.jpg (899x428, 103K)

my friend you need some ad blockers in your life

yeah. This board used to be all kinds of alternative sports before they greenlit wrestling shitposting here. Hiro doesn't care about this board or the now-decimated alternative sport community so it's not likely to change.

Hey man, life gets busy sometimes so I can't always bump when it's most needed. I'm as bummed as any reg.

*smashes head into desk*
For filming...

Well boys, winter appears to be finally over in my part of Canuckistan, started chipping out and shivelling out the local park of ice and snow, still a lot of work to be done. Been skating wood all winter and I miss concrete. I've been jonesing for the 'crete bad. Fuckin' snapped a board recently too, kinda a bummer because I wanted to keep the grip art, oh well.

Attached: tumblr_ouwka6HKGi1vbcnq8o1_500.gif (480x360, 1.11M)

Thought my heel (lead foot) was healed up enough to enjoy a gorgeous spring day at the park. First thing I did was bail in the bowl and stomp right on it. I tried my best to ride through the pain but couldn't even do my regular tricks. I'll probably have to not skate for two weeks at least for it to heal properly but I don't think I have the discipline. God, riding back home on a smooth sidewalk, every tiny crack felt like a hammer blow.

stonerplank

Anyone remember tfw poser pepe

>stonerplank
This

Shitty dude.

Bumpin

swich stance,
faceplant

Trying to get my girlfriend to go to the skatepark with me. I'm nearly 30 so I'll look boarderline pedo if I go by myself.

What's some basic stuff for first times on ramps and halfpipes etc

Attached: 1550892244931.jpg (733x720, 45K)

1. roll switch
2. drop in
3. rock to fakie

youtube.com/watch?v=GuHs_mhg9Nk
Go surf the street you guys!

why in gods name would you look like a pedo if you went to the skatepark by yourself?

Nice

haha

Nice just getting back into skating didn’t think I’d see a skate thread on the wrestling board.
Any better tips for learning to not be a shitter than just skating all the time cause that was my plan?

Attached: d8j0ysa-53656555-3941-478e-bf1a-a7427f70c087.jpg (930x500, 108K)

I used to have the same problem but would heel up pretty fast stretching by putting tennis balls under my feet wearing socks and rolling them around while sitting. Google it

Nice

just skate bro

This

Thats the plan boys guess I can’t go wrong with it cheers

bumps

Good job user.

also newbie skater
i practice balancing by pushing around in my house (on carpet)
the extra resistance keeps me from falling flat on my ass as soon as i step on, and i can push back and forth a little with the space i have

kissing the snowboard life goodbye and re-embracing the skaterat months with the coming weather

it's a sign

we live in a world where we never got a soap x heelys shoe

Attached: redwings2.png (400x400, 103K)

I do!

hahaha, it's nice that I'm not the only one

>TFW we can't Lose For Hughes

designated heely foot. Designated soap foot
Using 2 feet for anything is wack

Newfag here I'm from Ireland and I'm gonna get a new skateboard this Friday anything I should know beforehand?

Found an old deck today. Should I fix it up and start trick skating again?

no
yes

Yo whatever happened with that whole GX1000 security guard fiasco?

skatenewswire.com/jesse-vieira-black-rock-security-guard-assault/

if you're going to a skate shop, you will probably get all the help you need there. maybe just consider where you will be skating because it may decide what kind of wheels will work the best for you. like maybe roads and sidewalks in your area are real shitty so getting normal hard wheels that most people and pros use is going to be very limiting. unless you're only going to skate smooth lots or skate parks, going soft like 80A is something worth considering. I learned this the hard way, got 99A and anywhere slightly bumpy/irregular was either extremely uncomfortable and hard on the feet or borderline impossible to skate.

if you're only starting out, you want to spend as much time on the board as possible in order to gain confidence, ideally also using it to get around. and soft wheels would be very helpful with that. it kind of goes against common wisdom, but really consider hybrid technical/cruiser wheels like Spitfire 80HD's. that's what made the most difference for me when I started.

When thinking about filming parts do you guys set the music to the skating or skate to the music? Sometimes I'll be listening to some music and just start seeing lines in my head and start tweaking them

yes, be prepared to dust it a lot since with so much rain on your island you will barely skate.

Anyone know how oj plain janes compare to ricta clouds? I've already got the 87a, 54mm clouds, but I'm wondering if the plain janes will help me skate over cracked/raised sidewalks and especially pic related. These fuckers are at the end of every sidewalk in Chicago and, unlike the picture, there's never any room to go around them. Skating the streets sucks now too because at every bus stop (i.e the end of every other block), they've replaced the asphalt with a bus sized strip of rippled concrete that makes it hard to keep rolling over.

I mainly want the plain jane's because they're still supposed to let you ollie (not that I can, but I like the option) and because the smaller wheel size is a bit more fun than my older 60+mm cruiser wheels.

Any suggestions?

Attached: sidewalk-blind-bumps-full.jpg (640x480, 42K)

you can either try to ollie over, or, which is what you'll want to do 98% of the time, go fast and unweight over them.

>unweight
As in, reduce how hard you're pressing against the board with both feet? Or that thing where you're supposed to lightly hop with your back foot over the obstacle?

>Or that thing where you're supposed to lightly hop with your back foot over the obstacle?

I beg your pardon?

Attached: skatpenny.gif (510x462, 1.07M)

Bro just Ollie over or ride off the curb lmao

Read it on quora a long time ago, but always have trouble implementing it irl

quora.com/How-do-skateboarders-avoid-falling-every-time-a-skateboard-wheel-hits-a-crack-on-the-road

Attached: be-patient-i-have-autism-cat-jazz-20599114.png (500x522, 145K)

Hey /esg/, how long did it take you to learn how to Ollie?

>quora.com/How-do-skateboarders-avoid-falling-every-time-a-skateboard-wheel-hits-a-crack-on-the-road

wtf am I reading

just roll a lot, you'll figure it out for yourself in time friend

Attached: platoon.jpg (600x328, 11K)

>"No!"
Can't ollie and there's no room to ride off the curb

Attached: Screenshot_20190319-224644~2.png (480x410, 148K)

POP YOUR MOTHERFUCKING TAIL

IT'S NOT WORK
IT'S NOT SCIENCE

IT'S A TOY

I thought 2+ years would've been long enough, but I guess we still need more time! Thanks m8

it's hard to ride over those bumpy plates, but it can be done with enough speed and unweighting and yes, unweighting is the first thing you mentioned here

Skate footy to the music. Makes editing easy. The other way around is convoluted and foolish.

Attached: e5751c6cf8a24ab424cdd3d0dde67cd4.jpg (373x372, 35K)

Why THIS curb you fucking weirdo?!? Just find any fucking curb, jesus christ.

Nevermind I read the original post. You can ride over that shit easy as fuck. Don't overthink it.

Attached: 1517252299171.jpg (584x759, 123K)

Switching back and forth is always bitter sweet.

I plan on shredding into April at some of the resorts that stay open that late. Got my season pass all paid off for next winter and it works for late season so I can use it now. You should shop around for a good pass before prices go up.

Any other snowbros out here? What are you riding on? Board, boots, bindings
>DC PBJ 144
>32 Exit
>Burton Mission

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2dy7Cg36qfY

Attached: 1550530589715.jpg (256x256, 14K)

About a month to land it, but im still learning and improving (started about 8 months ago). Im getting boned ollies consistent now, because they are superior when it comes to clearing shit. Just be consistent, that is the key.

right now I'm riding
>Ride Agenda '16 156cm
>DC Mutiny lace ups
>Burton Re:flex
this is my first setup and I'm pretty happy with it, I just wanna try out different board shapes next season to see how different they feel

Attached: VMHdwwz.jpg (2804x1717, 293K)

Attached: bootleg-skateboards-safe-skate-2002.jpg (625x800, 73K)

The streets around me are complete shit and there's no parks.
What are some good soft cruiser wheels to throw on my board, OJ/Clouds?

Attached: 1546152144608.png (1024x1448, 808K)

>how popular skateboarding is.

It isn't 1999 anymore.

big thread

Attached: 1526053154035.png (1000x1000, 77K)

>such potential wasted

we could be bigger than Slap, I won't stop saying this

i skated a skatepark for 5 hours with lots of smoke breaks and drinking some coffee for more energy...
I brought my bluetooth speaker and nobody liked my gangsta rap mp3's lol

But one person liked the Mobb Deep songs playing from my device, so that was cool

that's how it is

I'm thinking of changing the OP quote into "SKATEBOARDING IS 90% GOOD VIBES, 10% BODY", what do you think?

Hot damn just learned some more shit on the miniramp:
Fakie FS Feeble, Nose Pick to Rock, Switch Blunt/Noseblunt, FS 5-0 Disaster, FS Judo 5-0 Disaster, BS 5-0 to BS Smith, BS Pivot to Fakie and FS Pivot to Fakie.
And the snow is melting rapidly and all the parks have locals chipping and clearing the ice and snow. This is gonna be a great year, fellas.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x288, 271K)

That legitimately is an excellent thread. Some of those .webm's, even just the tricks, are hitting me right in the feels.

Will the olympics kill core skateboarding?

Kickflips and FS 180s on lock I will replace Andrew Reynolds soon

godspeed user

Attached: 1550531030316.jpg (716x724, 52K)

youtube.com/watch?v=0I6wEL4g7ks

last run

What are your skate dreams like anons?

Advanced. In dreams I have perfect balance and I usually land a trick in my dream before even trying it irl.
I guess I' training muscle memory but honestly it just happens.

sounds fucking amazing. do you ever dream of skateboarding at the dream street spots on earth

people who think they are the authority on the skatepark because they are "better" should get lynched.

Who knows why Stalefish's are called like that?

Hawk couldn't think of name. Ate some funky tasting fish later and landed on stalefish as the name.

You looked that up

Attached: skaterplease.png (204x189, 81K)

>it's another scooter kids and bike fags take over the manny pad and throw all their shit on it episode

Attached: 1455602729651.png (480x480, 215K)

It's not hard to remember. Stalefish is named after eating a stalefish. Tony hawk was my first guess. But yes I did check. Didn't want to get the name wrong.

City Council filled all the cracks in my local park with some kind of smooth concrete/gap filler and now my wheels can’t move on it without the board sliding out from me and leaving me on my ass

Attached: 8EC7B5FB-D4B0-4578-B89F-0C5E116BE887.jpg (480x360, 25K)

It’s everywhere. Have to make an effort not move my board through most of my favourite lines now

just post some Hookups product on Yea Forums.

I learned how to stall inverts while tripping on shrooms. Anyone here ever skated while tripping out on psychedelics?

skate down from the castle to the river

first time ive skated a deck down without fucking the nose or tail somehow

skated on acid before, got too distracted by the ground to skate

It really is amazing, but I am working towards lucid dreams skating, then I can really use it's potential.
Sometimes I skate spots from irl, and sometimes completely made up ones, but never a spot I've actually skated.
Bear in mind I've been skating for less than a year so that may change.

your turn

That's on my to do list.
Now I just have to find shrooms in my country which is fucking hard

Attached: 20190321_151044.jpg (1440x1985, 1.13M)

So i started skating about a month and a bit ago; and i've finally got my ollie down to the point where i'm confident in doing it.
What are some good tricks to move onto?
Also, should i finally go to the park and try to do some easy ramp stuff already?

Attached: 1545982075076.jpg (650x1065, 398K)

>What are some good tricks to move onto?

that's for you to decide

for fuck's sake, it's not a sport

Start trying rotations because those are super easy and if your confident with your ollies you're already half way there. Also they get you used to landing and riding switch

Shuv it, Nollie Shuv it, Fakie Bigspin. In my opinion, those are the easiest flatground tricks. Get Nollie and Fakie ollies down early, trust me. Learn to ride switch without pushing mongo. Learn ollies into manuals.
But perhaps the most useful: learn transition skating early. Learn to drop in and Rock to Fakie in the very least. Transition teaches you how to be light and quick on your feet and how to not fear speed.
Combine all these things and practice all of it equally (equal parts flatground, equal parts ledge, equal parts transition etc etc) and you will learn very rapidly.

jump over and down 1 curb, 2 curbs 3 curbs etc until infinite curbs

That sounds like it'd be awful, unless you're good enough to basically skate by muscle memory.

Do a little hop so that your weight is floating a little, but with enough pressure still on the board to keep it under you. I do this in conjunction with a little manual over those things. Feels really good once you're confident with it.

Please don't do this. I hate it when people bring speakers to the skatepark and I can even hear it over my earbuds. Music is personal, and what gets you amped is probably fucking with someone else's session. Be considerate.

Snow finally melted and I was able to go for a full sesh for the first time this year. Even pulled an old plan b deck out for the first time since high school. I fucking love it bros.

Attached: 1453249250923.gif (342x342, 404K)

Attached: skateplanB.png (435x355, 20K)

fuck work

Attached: skateawesome.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

Based

meet at wilson?

Bumped

Yeah sorry dude, but please dont.
I like to listen to denpa and lolicore when skating, but i dont think anyone else would appreciate that.

Dream skating is underrated as fuck. I only started last year and I had a lot of dreams this winter of just pushing around, and when the snow finally melted a month ago, I stepped on the board and was immediately better than when I stopped in November. It legitimately helps with muscle memory.

This

Never really skateboarded before but I'm a juggler. Should I get a skateboard to ride around with this spring/summer? Is it hard to pick up? I'm almost 30...i just want to juggle and maybe do some easy Rodney Mullen stuff lol

Attached: 1553221633050.jpg (1024x1012, 89K)

Fuk u switch mongo4lyfe

>easy Rodney Mullen stuff
does not compute

I need to try this now

Think of skateboarding like a performing art like juggling. Its up to you how you want to express yourself.

jej

YOU' RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

That's what I'm telling to people! It really helps with visualising tricks before even landing irl. And tfw the dream level of comfort starts matching with reality... damn

youtube.com/watch?v=Hbl6CYkZ6L8

This will never not be the raddest skateboard commercial ever

youtube.com/watch?v=jYnMFovY0Kg

Attached: skateplant2.gif (240x180, 709K)

There was a video that came out recently, I think within the last year, that had the song Give it Up by KC and the Sunshine band in it and I can't for the life of me remember what video it was. Please help.

who was skating in it?

I honestly can't remember. I heard the song on the radio today and I remembered it was in a video and that's it

Cool

it sucks bro
i hope next time you masturbate you can't find a good vid and give up and go to sleep without cumming you piece of human mediocrity

it's allright

I understand you

You have trouble expressing your feelings of enthusiasm and intimacy, I get it.

Appreciated.

love how the thread is staying up

Get a deathwish 8.25 and some thunder 149s.

You quit skating for 10 years because you were skating a 7.75.

me too!

Okay, i'm going to the local indoor for the last time before I go to concrete parks. There is an 8ft round rail that has a pole jam mount. I'm going to spend AT LEAST one full hour locking into 50-50 grinds, and then I am going to learn ollying into 50-50's grinds. Like, I have before, and know how too, but I still roll out toe or heel side pretty regularly. i want to get comfy with rails. I'm dedicated to learning this. I will report back with advice if I am successful.
Also, saved from page 10.

20+ threads with zero replies

you know what to do...

Attached: skatechin.gif (493x379, 481K)

b

Feels like a night where I should skateboard

Here is what I have learned:
I found that pole jamming into the rail gave me the confidence I needed to understand the balancing. I tried all three ways of locking in: both back wheels, both front wheels and back heel side and front toeside. Locking with both back wheels felt the comfiest, but was the hardest to lock in from an ollie. When I moved onto ollying into it i found that even having a slight angle when approaching will mess you up. You quite literally have to be riding perfectly straight and parallel. I found that keeping your back upright and straight, shoulders squared with rail, knees bent and loose and weight on heel/toe being equal provided perfect balance. I ate shit a couple times rolling out toeside but fuck it blood must be shed to learn. Dunno if this'll help or make sense to my anons but thought i'd give thoughts. Still shakey, still learning, but hey, I can get into 50's on a round rail now so i'm stoked!

Very nice

Nice. I can already pole jam. Guess it's time to eat some shit on the nearest flat bar. I'll need to clean my ledge 50's. I approach my backsides at a wicked angle.

Bump.

as far as grinds go, I'm a newbie as shit

but

I am holding my switch manuals to legit call them switch manuals now

plus I spun some sweet 360s straight from the 80s to impress a small crew of girls at the park, lel

FREESTYLE PAYS

New Jim Greco film
youtu.be/HEKqcTi4cDI

It's ok, user. I don't have many grinds either

>fs & bs 50
>fs 5-0
>slappies
>fs nose on small ledges only. For now

I really want to get smith and krooks. Soon. What 360's did you throw down for the ladies?

you know, Kevin Harris style baby

youtube.com/watch?v=vAYEbnvYtfw

Attached: skateharris.jpg (500x375, 94K)

indy 139's or 149's on an 8.25 deck?

Attached: 1393787834436.jpg (800x609, 273K)

144 :^)
all seriousness I skate 8.25 on 139, feels pretty good

I skate transition and am going to go to an 8.25 from an 8.125. would the smaller 139's really decrease stability very much on a wider board? i saw the sizing charts an 8.25 is on the fringe of being acceptable for 139's so im kinda iffy, but at the same time i dont want to have to buy new trucks if i dont have to.

Idk man, I once went to an indoor park near me and at 25 I was the only one there over 15. Got some looks from parents coming to pick up their kids.

just try it desu and switch back to 8.125 if you ain't feeling it

I ain't no tony hawk pro skater or nothin, but that's what I ride and it feels nice.

They don't think you're a pedo. They are most likely surprised that an olderish dude is at the park skating. Not all parents realize that their kids share skateparks with adults.
But this'll change in the near future. 30y/o Skater boomer parents are starting to have kids.

dont skate transition with trucks less wide than your board

doing that is beneficial for flatground flip tricks though

poetry

Thanks for the input, frens. Im the same user who asked about FA/hockey decks a thread or two ago. Went ahead and got a Hockey Kadow 8.25 and some indy stage 11 149’s. I do a lot of powerslide/revert shit so the extra width and the squished nose and tail really help with board feel and control. Really digging the new setup (and grip job i did for it). Had a good first sesh

Attached: 5C8BCFE4-6106-4E64-9548-6FFBEAE9F22E.jpg (1536x2048, 1.19M)

I want to skate but be safe. Will children mand teenagers make fun of me if I wear a helmet and pads. I don't want to be made fun of by children and teenagers.

I like your grip, sadly my time around is ugly. Unfortunate.

Attached: 20190321_151416~2.jpg (1323x4431, 1.51M)

i mean, children and teens are gonna make fun of any one regardless

thanks. i also frequent /p/ and got the photo in the middle from a print swap. superglued it to the deck then put some clear grip over it. its a little crooked but i think it still looks alright.

i kinda like yours. does the paint marker decrease grip at all, especially on the bottom half?

why'd you get it? Did it look nice in the online shots?

Not at all. Grip is the exact same. There many be variation but it is so miniscule to me that I could dismiss it as negligible entirely.
Not sure I understand, elaborate?

Bump

dolp! I've been skating old school shapes recently. I enjoy them more.

Attached: 53531770_399807084178583_1183684043907593471_n.jpg (1080x1350, 361K)

Nobody gives a shit when I wear helmet and wristguards

super comfy

yeha I literally Googled Yea Forums skateboarding to find Yea Forums

>sadness covers me like a blanket
>nothing interests me
>envied skaters since child
>retard sense of balance, afraid of falling
>dude left skateboard behind when they moved out
>take it outside and stand on it for shits and giggles
>push
>holy shit I'm moving!
>decide to take it on campus and ride it around in between campus
>fuck me, i'm having fun!
>buy my own board, put it together
>this is even better!
>practicing on shit side walk one day
>stumble off board and land with too much weight on my right foot
>sprain the joint in the ball of my foot
>hurts to push

fuck

Attached: IVMnheg.jpg (733x1091, 204K)

The virgin Ed Templeton vs the CHAD Muska

you called your griptape ugly. I'm asking why you got it

welcome

I painted it

small bruises happen all the time. give it two days and start slow.

*reverts back to page one*

it's been a week since it happened and it feels no better. I read this shit can take 1-2 weeks to heal. it's not the end of the world but I'm already chomping at the bit to get back on the board, but my dumb nigger foot isn't having any of it.

Get some ointments and shit. Bandage up.

Is riding to the spot on soft wheels and changing to hard wheels there a kooky thing to do?

fuck
absolutely this

I never thought I'd hear a child asking their dad "did you ollie that?". It happened in front of me.

hahaha

niceeeeeeeee

can't speak to those you mentioned but I absolutely adore my spitfire 80hd's. at 56mm they are kind of a technical/cruiser hybrid that hits the perfect sweet spot for me. but if it's strictly transportation you're looking for then some big ass OJs may be more your speed.

>kept telling myself I need to get real comfortable on the board before starting to learn tricks
>skate around for weeks, recently realized that it feels pretty natural 98% of the time
>realize it's time to start commiting to my shuvits and ollies
Imma put on them big boy pants, bros

whoa, understood

just do it punk!

test

are you from argentina, user?

Attached: d3600.png (600x457, 330K)

This

Hana Bumping

Attached: 1553449958640.jpg (768x1024, 297K)

Fs shuv to bs crook be hitting

Thank you.

Attached: 1486BB4D-CEAE-4AEA-8625-31F029B24AD6.jpg (1000x1000, 83K)

Fs shuvs are dope even by themselves.

Scooped an effortless one yesterday. Think I'm finally dialling in on the proper weight distribution.

What is the trick you're most confident you could land if you were blind-folded?

FS Shuvs for me.

Fs 180s or Fakie flips

fakie shove it

fakie ollie north, it's ma jam.

frontside half cab

Attached: 19756576_255008468326726_5844484530766675710_n.png (444x444, 322K)

>big spin
I don't know why, but it's like the easiest move for me

>frontside
>half cab

Attached: skategus.gif (320x180, 535K)

That's called a fakie frontside 1. Bump

fucking nine club, sometimes giving me the interview immediately, others not loading at all, fuck you Chris. How am I supposed to watch the Vallely episode now?

3 most influentials skaters, go.

Mine.

1. Stacy Peralta
2.Rodney Mullen
3. Who cares at this point?

*ollies back to page one*

34 year old ex-skater here. Not been on my board since early 20s, and was never very good. Been watching [spoiler]braille skateboarding[/spoiler] recently and got the urge to skate again...

Need to get a new deck though, my old board is in bad shape

my board keeps moving alone to one side and I'm sure the trucks got some problem :(

Attached: 1506381132806.jpg (744x402, 236K)

change bushings

just did

Attached: 1506381186921.jpg (400x300, 21K)

I know it can be frustrating, but it will get better the more you skate

Make sure your trucks are bolted tight AND square onto the board, its common for shit to come loose whan you slam it against the concrete all day. If its still just ignore it and keep riding and you will notice it less and less each day unless its super fucked for some reason.

Is your deck warped?

That's normal. Mine always goes left.
Every time you see someone pushing their trucks at the skatepark they are correcting that lil angle you get from slamming your skate continuously.

yo

Attached: Rabbit-On-Skateboarding.jpg (600x450, 51K)

tested 2 decks Idk

What's your guy's goal trick? I wanna get bs flip to fakie manny because it looks steezy af

I just wanna fly

Switch tres like AVE in the DC video

Thoughts on building a mini ramp?

I wanna start my own little wood working project and my dads good with wood crafting.

How hard is it? What sort of material should i get? I used to have a thrasher book on it but my dumbass ex burned that shit.

I hope you guys are preparing the next thread

you can find the backyard ramp issue on their online archive

heelflip frontside noseslide
half-cab flip to manny
mute grab

DONUT STEEL

Attached: doge.jpg (640x470, 42K)

It's very expensive to build a good one. You need quite a bit of space too, more than you think you need. Ultimatepy worth it. Get buddies to chip in labour or money if they can. I'll have to ask my buddy how much he spent on his, he spent a lot though. There are tons of tutorials online and on youtube.

t. I helped build a mini ramp.

I 'll tell you one thing, if there's anything you can take from surfing to skateboarding, it's loosing the fear of dropping in.

Attached: sk8strpl2.jpg (612x612, 156K)

man, I don't know...the way he was kind of accepting X-Games and how he talked about "people who entered skateboarding later...some of them really nice people"...Is Mike compromised?

youtube.com/watch?v=qM7-n3gEuJo

lel, apparently the guy who was asking about drill patterns in decks here last thread, went and asked rad rat

Do you think Rad Rat visits? I bet he does.

Free Lennie Kirk

Pray Always...Get to know the Lord

youtube.com/watch?v=EApXhO0Tx-8

Cool

corporate shilling aside, this was one of the most historic rides in a vert competition ever and the funny part is, I doubt more than half of the audience was aware that he was skating switch.

Rad rat is the cringiest melvin. I can't even make it further than a minute before wanting to kill my dog and headbutt a fucking knife.

He was once one of the top trick tip channel on YouTube, most likely one of the first. Shit, was that a decade ago now??

I'll agree though, he's cringy hell. Especially his newer stuff. Guarantee that he's been lurking. Bump

youtu.be/JnrHW16ilzA
please have a look at some oulu skateboarding

I am the guy who asked about drill patterns, I have no idea what a rad rat is.

Hardflips

I love Rad Rat. Huge dweeb but he loves skateboarding so much. I was super sad to hear his wife just walked out on him.

Thats actually metal af and the lyrics aren't cringy

me too

oh come on man, he's actually very educational I would say

Hey guys I need some help. I somehow managed to lose this bushing from my independent 159s (I have no idea how this happened, or how this is even physically possible) and I want to have a long (probably 6-7 hour) session tomorrow. Is this a problem? If so is there something I can use as a bushing for the time being? I dont have money for bushings so idk what to do.
Thanks guys.

Attached: IMAG0341.jpg (4224x2368, 2.76M)

the pivot cup can be ripped at the sides and just slide off. It's like mixing pouré in a pot, the longer you stir, the more goo will rise to the lip and fall outside.

Spray in some silicon edging stuff. Experiment for science

>first session on hard wheels after weeks of just cruising on soft
>feel unprecedented levels of control immediately upon stepping on the board
>the board feels light for the first time ever and I actually feel somewhat nimble despite being a complete newbie
>build up courage to do 90 degree kickturns because I was looking to learn new ways of stopping quickly, feels great immediately
>think to myself I could perhaps do a manual
>end up holding one for two seconds or so
>feels great and trying it is a lot of fun
>try shuvits again, feels weird, ah well
>starting to get shitty rocketed ollies somewhat consistent so I might graduate to real ones relatively soon
Stepping on hard from soft was such a cool learning experience, I had a lot of goddamn fun. This is gonna be a good year, bros.

I'm a complete beginner.

I've noticed when pushing some people have their forward foot at a slight angle on their board while mine feels most comfortable straight forward.

Is there a right or wrong in this?

Also unless my forward foot is directly over the midline of the board when pushing, I will either turn left or right.

Are my trucks too loose or will I learn to make slight adjustments as I get more comfortable?

First off, general advice from when I was learning to push - the less you think about it, the better you do it. When you focus too much, you overthink. Just keep trying and your front foot will start getting into the right position by itself. I'm no pushing scientist but it seems to me that the more of an angle you got in your front foot, the harder it will be to push - and especially turn. That's for a little later on when you'll be doing one legged turns. This is one of those things that's gonna come naturally when you do what you find comfortable, don't sweat it.

I have asked a similar question, I've taken to alternating my foot between straight when pushing and diagonal when riding. I figure this is the correct thing to do because the youtube dorks I watch who can actually skateboard do this.

I've been told the board veering to the left or right is just poor balance, which will correct itself as your muscles get stronger. I've tightened my trucks a bit to help stability and plan to loosen them incrementally the more I ride

well, if you don't put your foot in the midline, you will put it on the side of the concave which is gonna feels all kinds of bad

2nd

don't take them serious. He's far from cringy so they're probably just, for lack of a better word, autists. I have my negative views on him but cringy doesn't define them unless I'm an autist who exaggerates

is anybody making a new?

Trying to find footy of a fs 360 into fs noseblunt and I'm having trouble. I'm assuming it's been done before

Nope. This is the last /esg/.

SOMEONE MAKE NEW BREAD

Attached: fuck.png (1040x932, 599K)

>Nope. This is the last /esg/.
No

noo thred

Cool