Hey Yea Forums, I asked about NJPW a few weeks ago and got a chance to really get into it...

Hey Yea Forums, I asked about NJPW a few weeks ago and got a chance to really get into it. I wanted to thank you guys for giving me the google docs links with all of the worth while matches. Now, I am enjoying cozy comedy shows of Taguchi Japan, and Will Ospreay being irl anime.

Thanks Yea Forums

Attached: NANI.jpg (1878x897, 146K)

Also Tanahashi has to be one of the best faces I've seen in a long time.

Attached: 4e6.jpg (640x638, 116K)

Nobody ding-dong diddly cares!

Glad you are enjoying it user. I properly started following every show only at the G1, and it's been a blast.

The biggest surprise was that the whole "No big personalities unlike WWE, only workrate" thing couldn't be further from the truth. Everyone on that main NJPW roster has their own character, they are all so larger than life and bombastic, and the appeal of each show is just seeing how they are going to be thrown together this week.

It really is cozy user

NJPW is in the shitter now. I'm afraid you've joined after it was red hot and is now the number 3 promotion. Glad you enjoy though

New Beginning Tour was weak, but the Anniversary Tour was fun and the The New Japan Cup has been absolutely based.

Attached: fantasticamania2019.webm (800x448, 2.51M)

There is such a high amount of charisma in every match and match high light I've seen so far. I feel bad about Naito, I really enjoy L.i.J antics like a shit ton, but Naito just keeps getting shat on by titans. Really fucking good charisma, like 10/10 Charisma.

Also I'm pretty excited about El Phantasmo being in Switchblade Era Bullet Club. Hopefully he keeps his shades gimmick.

Attached: kyle.png (635x355, 170K)

>The biggest surprise was that the whole "No big personalities unlike WWE, only workrate" thing couldn't be further from the truth. Everyone on that main NJPW roster has their own character, they are all so larger than life and bombastic, and the appeal of each show is just seeing how they are going to be thrown together this week.
People who kept saying that never really watched. They only looked at highlights and some good sequences. That's all.
Like the Ospreay vs. Ricochet gif. It's ridiculous on surface. But it makes sense in terms of their characters and in terms of story of the match. And then they build on that first match and made next ones different from the first one with callbacks and shit like that.
And main eventers? Okada is godlike workrate guy. But if anyone thinks he is some charisma-less void that needs flips? They have never tried watching any match of his.

I remember that thread. Real happy to hear you're getting into it. NJPW is super fun.

Attached: 1544941364739.png (960x960, 1.08M)

Glad you took that leap of faith.

Attached: toru3.gif (365x205, 1.72M)

Attached: toru.gif (364x242, 1.78M)

What I love is just how different they are all. Tanahashi, Makabe, Okada, Goto, Fale, Naito, Ishii, Suzuki, Yano, White. Even less prominent guys like the Killer Elite Squad play their characters really strongly, and everyone is different. Or someone like YOSHI-HASHI, who is a jobber to the stars who acts like a curtain-jerker local jobber, he stands out complete and his matches are different to anyone else's, or Taichi who spends every match just trying to absolutely limit the amount of excitement or wrestling that happens, you absolutely believe his character and everything that he does is what Taichi would do.

I think it's mostly just the vanilla midget indie meme. A lot of guys in the indie scene suck at character work and try to get over with flips. NJPW seems to be the other way around, everyone has really solid training in being workrate machines, so their character work and having unique styles and personalities in the ring is what separates them.

>Couldn't get PAC
>KUSHIDA leaves
>Brings shitters like Eagles and Phantasmo
Desperation mode.

>>Couldn't get PAC
I still think he is coming.

KUSHIDA will get exposed as the shitter everyone suspected he was the minute he appears in WWE. He was carried start to finish.

>Dragon Gate champion
>Signed to AEW for the future shows
lol no

How many defenses in DG will he get before BoSJ starts?

these shows are so underrated and nobody ever seems to watch them

He has one coming up during Mania weekend

It's hard to care about luchadors that had no significance in the build up to WK, or will ever be seen again until next year's FM. Especially so close after WK.

I recently got into NJPW too
I started watching Wrestle Kingdom 13 and I loved it and started following the big shows whenever I could
I'm still a huge casual but I thought the lack of story and characters would be a problem but I couldn't be more wrong, I actually prefer this type of storytelling to the hokey forced shit WWE does

hiding this /wew/ shit

just kidding, i love new japan. i'm glad they have new fans who aren't just gonna push them towards being inclusive and progressive like a silicon valley startup.

OP here. Yeah, it’s gr8. There are some matches that stick out for pure entertainment though, like Colt Cabana vs Tory Yano or anything from Taguchi Japan.

I like comedy wrestlers as much as I do the super stars in NJWP. Lord Taichi is another one who’s growing on me.

Attached: D90D0D84-5E2A-4628-9C92-47641FFD4214.jpg (650x400, 198K)

Bless this wholesome thread

It's just difficult to get invested in guys that only show up once a year and aren't actually fighting any NJPW guys but are just fighting each other. It's like a different version of the problem people have with the NJPW US cards being loaded up with generic indie and RoH guys. You wanna watch NJPW to see NJPW guys.

Based blobfish.

Attached: 373ea955fd65ac87f2cfee189737bd5d32cb2b95_hq.gif (235x132, 668K)

One nice thing in NJPW is the comedy guys are allowed to bump shoulders with the main stars and sometimes even beat them.

Attached: dvdman.gif (365x243, 1.42M)

Attached: 332eddd0b8ae33c0bcf426fa8cd043560e5590af_hq.gif (367x206, 1.64M)

I know, I'm rooting for my boy TaGOATchi against Tana
69th hebby q champion bois

>We never got Yano vs. Omega for the hebbyq
Fuck you, Harold.

Attached: kaz and yano.gif (498x280, 3.33M)

So is Chris Jericho working with NJPW and AEW now?

Yes. Gedo is one of Jericho's best friend and as Jericho said on his podcast he's not going to stab him in the back and they have talked about plans.

AEW. He and Kenny both have it in their contracts that they can also work NJPW as long as the schedules don't overlap. It just depends on NJPW bringing them on.

Double Or Nothing is during the BOSJ tour japanlet.

90s jap wrestling is kino

Woah, I had no idea that the Japanese guy running with Switchblade was a booker.

entire thread is cringe

>Tanahashi
>One of...
Based Ace is the best my dude.

Attached: C0684700-BF85-44DF-8748-53BF5FDF6A1C.jpg (752x908, 176K)