So uh whats going on with AEW?

So uh whats going on with AEW?
Everyone was super hyped a few months ago and now it's been extremely quiet regarding news about them.

Attached: 43913140369.jpg (417x312, 13K)

Because doing news now makes no sense when WWE is building towards the biggest show of the year.
Anything from WWE would drown AEW news.
That makes sense, user, doesn't it?

theyre a joke fed trying to scare vince into giving them money

They are working on new t-shirts.

I'll definitely watch double or nothing out of interest, and to be let down by CAWdy's mystery opponent, but I've not got high hopes since it looks like they're just appealing to smarks at this point.

I don't think they have much to talk about at this stage. Unless they get Goldberg, Batista of he doesn't have a non compete or Carder for the event there's no point announcing anything.

You're wrong.
Indie promotions always use mania season to get attention because wrestling is more relevant during this period.
Why do you think so many indies do shows during mania week in the same city?

>AEWmarks only get excited if a WWE guy is joining.
Just watch WWE then smfh.

Not even an AE dubya mark, I just want a reason to watch. Why should I give a shit about CAWdy Vs Omega 2 or bucks Vs generic flippy midgets 6?

>Not even an AE dubya mark
Clearly, since you appear to have no interest in what they will be giving you.
Which is a bunchof random indie shitters with a sprinkle of jericho and muh elite

stop being smart it scares thr drones n marks

I'm fine with Kenny and Jericho. I liked omega from njpw and Jericho brings some star power even if it's a little bit. Everyone else I don't care.
But I will watch because I'll give it a chance, failing that for the memes here. I just hope they try for real stars to pick them up and get new people over and ultimately to generate interest, me included.

they don't need WWE's leftovers to get new wrestlers over or generate interest, they've been doing just fine at that by themselves

Lol they've only generated interest because of the assumption that disgruntled wwe employees will switch over with the fans.

I'm sure they are, and will. But at the end of the day that'll only get them so far.

ALL IN?
Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks' careers in general?

Niche and not big enough on its own to gather enough interest to build a company around.

but that's exactly what happened you fucking retard

This. Yes they have buzz and yes there is a market, but until they find a way to differentiate themselves from everyone else and attract casuals they can't grow. Big fish in a small pond that is a puddle made by WWE's river.

No, they're actively trying to sign stars like jericho to build the company around.
As is, they're just wet cement.

They're quietly living rent free in your head

they are basically a T-shirt company that does wrestling events on the side to drum up interest

To answer directly.
They specifically don't want to appear to be leeching off WWE's success.
Bucks have been saying now for months, that they won't be in New York for WM week.
They are the only "indy" that is able to sell as many tickets as WWE, without WWE's history and machine behind it.
Wouldn't you be saying that they are just mooching off WWE's success if they have run a show in NY while WM is happening. I would be.

To add to my point in Yes, indies use that, because there is so many wrestling fans from all over the world. Wrestlers are already in town, why not run shows. And over the years it escalated into this giant week full of shows, wrestlers takaing more than one booking per day.
But AEW doesn't want to be seen as an indy. And they are not. Indy means that you cannot book your talent exclusively, that you have backing of some big company or something like that.
AEW is not an indy. Not right now. Maybe when they are in freefall mode in 2 years time, yes they will become an indy. But right now, they are flexing their financial muscles.

>I just hope they try for real stars
Who are these real stars people are talking about? Tell me who is the star that would draw people?
Someone who you can book in a wrestling match. And use him on multiple shows as a draw. An attraction.

(also please before you think I am being facetious, trust me, I am not, it's just that there are no more stars, because WWE made sure to sap star potential from the market, either by signing people to longterm contracts, when there was no other competetion or by beating the wrestlers over and over and over again)

>but until they find a way to differentiate themselves from everyone else and attract casuals they can't grow
And that is a question they need to answer in a year. Not right now. They cannot answer that question. They do not have how. How would you draw in casuals? By doing a YT series? No. They do not have means, right now, to do so.
And people who want them to do it, because they want them to succeed, they want them to make wrestling cool again to talk with friends and not be seen as this ultra super nerdy hobby for fucking dweebs are not realistic enough.

Goldberg, Carder, Sting, Punk, Ryback, Batista, Brock. And pretty much anyone signed to WWE with a non compete clause who's been exposed to casual fans on a worldwide platform. There's your attraction.

Why do you think they and NJPW signed Jericho?

I imagine they are spacing out their announcements with the intention of staying in the news for the maximum possible amount of time. They've already revealed most(?) of their roster as well as the locations and dates of their first few PPV's. Other than new major signings their last big story is their TV deal, if they can get one. I would imagine that being announced a month or so before Double or Nothing.

Cody got AIDS

Attached: csqdnl4n6cy_4.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

you got any younger than 50 years old?

Attached: 1552240122745.png (1024x766, 282K)

Attached: tmg-article_default_mobile_2x.jpg (960x650, 39K)

Let's pick apart people you have named.
>Goldberg
That would be fun, but I do not think that is really possible, I'd think Goldberg would have come to WWE and told them - here is offer from AEW, give me like half of it and I won't sign with them, I don't want to wrestle
>Carder
Listen to him talk. He is loyalist, he is just finding ways to make money without actually wrestling, he is a broken down old man.
>Sting
He'd be a health risk to put him in the ring.
>Punk
Guy who burned too many bridges. They are buddies with Cabana, they'd probably hear how he is in real life and he would be a liability.
>Ryback
That is a possibility
>Batista
He wants a WM match with HHH nothing more. And that is all he wanted and all he ever talked about
>Brock
Guy would use their interest to get more money out of WWE. But yes, that is also a possibility.
But out of thsoe possible, do you think it would be smart to hire them now? Before running and kind of show?

And to be honest, I agree with you, you picked good people and names with value.
The thing is... They would be useless now in my opinion. They cannot get any casual eyes on them right now. If they hire them now, there will be 48 hours news cycle that would maybe catch eyes of some casual fan, but they'd forget about it within 14 days.
If you want to hire someone like those names you listed, you need to wait until TV or some big event covered by news outlets, just before the event, during it or immediatly after.
Not now.

>WWE bringing back Batista for nothing
>WCW bringing in Hogan etc for nothing
Why does that even matter? The whole point of hiring a star who's well known is to get eyes on your own guys, and get them over.

Just wait till May

He's saying that WWE marks were clamoring for WWE to sign them from NJPW, now WWE marks are lambasting AEW fans for wanting them to sign WWE guys. Pot/kettle situation.

>Goldberg
Money talks. And he's a draw.

>Carder
Yea Forums memes aside, he's a name and people know who he is. Doesn't matter whether or not he can wrestle.

>Sting
Again, you're assuming everyone needs to have a 10+ minute match. He's a name, announce him for a spot or use him to draw for even a 3 minute over produced match is highly valuable

>Punk
Again, money talks. Dana didn't hire him to win that's for sure.

>Ryback
Is a possiblity. Has had more exposure to the mainstream than Omega ever has.

>Batista
Again, money talks. Stranger things have happened and it's realistic to speculate.

>Brock
Depends on WWE dates. He's not a mark and goes where the business is for the less time.

i'd like to think that AEW are better than WWE trotting out guys like Undertaker or HHH for WM every year

I agreed with your list, my reactions where my thoughts about them.
I really don't think most of them are realistic and I think all of them (not Punk) would just use AEW offer to harvest more money out of Vince without ever doing anything. WWE is here to stay, AEW is risky endeavor.
Jericho wants to leave legacy behind and be able to say that he build something and not just been eternal upper midcarder.

Sorry, I disagree with you.

They've sold out the show with hardcore wrestling fans but announcing big stars who've been exposed to the mainstream and can garner attention with casual fans only increases interest in them and gets their subscriptions sold, improves their TV pilot viewership, stream etc what have you.

as if WWE knows how to book or write. It's a fucking kids show. I want penis druids and spots!

There's a reason for that though. They're names and they use them sparingly when it matters.

But doing it now?
That's my main issue. The timing. Timing doesn't make sense. Announcing big name BEFORE WrestleMania, when mainstream and casuals thinks that WWE IS WRESTLING.
They'd hurt themselves more than helped.

So timing is the issue then? Why not announce prior to WM season or even the day after WM?
On the flip side of that, many wrestling companies biggest business and attention they have all year is by riding the WM wave.
So regardless of when, what would benefit them is actually doing it. Get guys who can bring the eyes and get the company or there.

As I have explained, doing it now would probably hurt the exposure, because WWE's machine is working overtime now, they are sending wrestlers all over the place.
If any outlet would have gotten PR message from AEW, people reading it would have considred for it to be just another WWE thing.
So it would drive interest in WWE. because as I have said, casuals think that WWE=wrestling
There is nobody else, but WWE for them.
You need to wait until after WM, ideally just before Double or Nothing or immediatly after.
And you have to remember they won't have TV deal announced until May at least.
May Sweeps are time for announcing new shit, not now.
And I believe they will not air anything not until WWE moves from Tuesday spot into friday, so AEW can capture those people who are now used to SDL being on Tuesdays.
So if you announce that Sting is with you, what will it do for casual viewer? What will it do for hype for a TV show that will maybe (if they even get it) start in the fall?

p-plans changed

>Scare Vince into giving them money
Worked into retardation

>Indy means that you cannot book your talent exclusively
Then they're indy as fuck because Kenny and Boomericho can wrestle for NJPW and the Lucha Bros didn't sign an exclusive contract

>Lucha Bros didn't sign an exclusive contract
can't until they are free from LU contracts

>can't until they are free from LU contracts
Doesn't matter. AEW is still just another indy bingo hall promotion with non-exclusive booking