NJPW New Japan Cup 2019 Day 6 Gamethread

god what an underwhelming card today
>Manabu Nakanishi and Yuji Nagata vs. Michael Elgin and Yota Tsuji
>Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens, HIKULEO and Taiji Ishimori) vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Ren Narita, Satoshi Kojima and Togi Makabe
>Hirooki Goto and Shota Umino vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Shingo Takagi and Tetsuya Naito)
>Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, EVIL and SANADA) vs. Suzuki-gun (Davey Boy Smith, Jr., Minoru Suzuki and Taichi)
>Kota Ibushi and Tomoaki Honma vs. Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku and Zack Sabre Jr.)
>Colt Cabana, Juice Robinson, Ryusuke Taguchi and Tomohiro Ishii vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Toa Henare, Toru Yano and YOSHI-HASHI
>Lance Archer vs. Will Ospreay
>Kazuchika Okada vs. Mikey Nicholls

Attached: 0 (18).jpg (797x449, 541K)

Who the fuck is Mikey Nicholls?

cunt

Shane Thorne jannety.

Mikey Nicholls is a former Aus NXT guy. He had a pretty long career in NOAH and worked some njpw shows around Wrestle Kingdom 9. He's a former Tokyo Sports winner for tag team of the year.
It's not just NJPW grabbing a former wwe guy. he has history in japan.

What’s his character?

a dull bogan

Literally vanilla indie guy. He's a charisma vacuum.

he's called Mad Mikey Nicholls but i've yet to see any kinda madness. he does seem to look butthurt all the time though, so maybe being butthurt is his gimmick

So he showed up last week and already is in Chaos? I don't get it.

Trent fucked off. They need a new mid card Chaos guy. Rocky claims to be finds with him since they both trained in the old 2007 L.A. Dojo with Inoki

Okada acted jealous in the tag matches asking rocky with one dose he like more. similar to what he did with Trent and Chuck. so it's good to see jealousy is a consistent part of his character

He trained at the original LA Dojo with Rocky, who has been in Chaos since 2010. Storyline-wise Rocky brought him in to Chaos after they lost Trent.

*friends

He was in NJPW long time ago, then got into NOAH and then into NXT.

>They need a new mid card Chaos guy
They already have Yoshi-Hashi

Ok thanks.

a new mid card guy for the US title

Name a better filter?

Attached: filter king.png (1220x360, 165K)

>He doesn't know the njpw match rules

Attached: super duper cuck.png (854x159, 34K)

another win for chase. is he getting his US title shot at the garden?

Looking like it.

seems a weirdly low opponent for such a big stage. i was thinking maybe ZSJ would get the title shot

US title is beneath ZSJ imo

could be at Wrestling Dontaku and they fight in a tag match at MSG to get the rest of the bullet club and Dads with juice on the card

>Japanese company
>3 out of 4 are white guys

kek

Literally none. When he was in NOAH with Shane he was always seen as the Jannetty of the group with his southern 90s wrestling style while Shane was doing all the fancy moves while making Jap qts wet. The fact that he even get a push right out the gate tells you how desperate NJPW is at pushing white guys

he beat a young lions...

Hikuleo is still technically a Young Lion. Hes just affiliated with the BC because it would have been fucking stupid to not do it considering hes their actual brother. Literally every member of the roster goes over YL talent, thats the whole fucking point.

>Honma is tagging with Kota next match
That's a pretty based tag team

This might be the first time Suzuki-gun ever beat LIJ holy fuck

japanese commentary is going japanese insane and i like this Sanada underdog story

>Completely missed the point that Ishii was challenging Taichi's manhood and for once Taichi actually decided to stand and fight like a man

These people shouldn't be watching

Based and dimes

Attached: GOLDEN HEADBUTT.png (1037x578, 706K)

This is why gatekeeping exists

BASED Chase

Nigga what's there left to gatekeep anymore. Who Japan is normie as shit now.

im at a lost for words at this autism

Attached: big tard dave.png (247x637, 42K)

They’re very fair. What do you think is inaccurate?

>Kenny leaves
>1-2 star matches start appearing frequently
>no matches constantly 4.75 or above

Dave already abandoned this sloppy second ex kek

i love how dave's hatred of taichi gets fucked over when he faces one of his favs

Taichi vs Honma was great
Ishii vs Taichi was better then 4
ishii vs negata was 5
kojima vs suzuki was not even 3 and half

Taichi and Honma was 90% completely shit. It’s better than 1 star but wouldn’t break 3.

Ishii and Taichi and Ishii/Nagata I agree with. There’s no way an opening cup match with no real stakes is 5 stars.

>who are Sharpes

God the crowd loves ospreay

wow i'm so shocked ospreay beat cringer

Will Ospreay is fucking incredible and only a moron would deny it tbqh

Yes, they do.
And Yea Forumsies don't get it.
Ospreay is their guy. He is new Kenny Omega.

rainmaker

>his gimmick is liking Mad Max
Truly worthy of being in New Japan

You can still say that you don't enjoy his style of wrestling, but if anyone says he is bad... they are just plainly wrong or not watching.

is mikey pickles a jr heavyweight

Don't think so.
CHAOS has enough Jrs.

Ospreay vs Okada this time giving it %100 should be fucking mint

old puro fans should've gatekept harder in 2013-2015

The lack of English commentary was a natural barrier to keep the plebs out. Most Western NJPW fans at the time spent more effort trying to get people interested in the company, rather than play gatekeeper.

Once they added English commentators a tidal wave of idiots wandered in and started asking stupid questions like: where the strong women were, why so many old wrestlers, why so many generic younger guys, why so many white guys, why can’t the juniors challenge for the IWGP title, why can’t women challenge for it, why are the valets so sexy, why isn’t my new favorite wrestler winning every single match, etc.

I was hoping that AEW would cannibalize the retard market and leave NJPW with only it’s least cancerous western fans...but some seem to still be lurking on Puro Twitter and various forums scratching their heads and furrowing their brows in a vain attempt to figure out how best to “fix” the company.

Ospreay is a absolute retard on social media, unlike Kenny.

I agree with his rating on Ishii vs Taichi. It was a bit boring until Ishii told Taichi not to use any weapons. And it kind of felt like they kicked out of too much. I at first hated Taichi "no selling" the Piledriver, but he did sell it, just not before hitting Ishii first, so it actually works. And Okada vs Elgin was the best match so nothing should be rated higher than it.

Ospie and Kazu-chan is gonna be lit.

He's heavier than Tanahashi is so I doubt it.

You sound absolutely seething my guy.

Have you not read some of the inane shit kenny tweets out at puro dweebs whenever they shit talk him?

Kenny is more of a retard irl. Booking a pedo and arguing about it, for instance.

Nothing wrong with booking him. His handling was moronic, though.

But hes right. Puro twitter is pure cancer.

Who gives a shit about this goddamn tweets. Imagine bringing that up as if its a real critique against him as a wrestler.

This.
Listen to the Japanese fans. They love Ospreay. If they are so loud for him. And he signed a contract. He will be IWGP champ in 2021.

>nothing wrong with booking a pedo around kids
feel like there might be an issue or two legally

>Filter
>Beloved by Puro Twitter they/thems
Yikes.

Name them. He served his time and was, at that point, a contracted talent with no preface. Literally no legal issues whatsoever.

havent seen the show, is any match worth it?

lij vs goto/shota and the two cup matches were very good. Ospreay/Archer was awesome, definitely over delivered.