Oh no no no!

Pfft. Bahahahahaha!

Attached: Monday_night_wars_ratings.gif (1009x532, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zje8OeqEvmY
gerweck.net/tv-ratings/1999-ratings/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Zoom out

Attached: 1550043931396.png (1200x800, 214K)

>Gaytch killed half the ratings
Incredible

There's no draws left. Raw ratings swirling down the shitter. hahahaha!

Attached: wimminz wrestling.jpg (1000x544, 154K)

What happened between 2000 and 2001 that just killed wrestling?

>"Some of you might remember Verne Gagne."
>*crickets*
>"Uh, like, it's called a work, don't you know? Idiots. What, you never heard of tricking people or something? Bunch of morons you are. You probably believe in the media. I was in Ted Turner's office, newsflash guys, the media is a fucking hoax. You know what, I don't give a damn that you have no clue who Verne Gagne was. He was the Justin Biebler of his day, and he chose ME! ME!! NOT YOU! NOT ANY OF YOU! *sniff* YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HARD TIMES ARE, NAPERVILLE! DO YOU KNOW HOW FAR BEHIND WWF WE WERE, HOW HARD I HAD TO WORK TO GET 83 WEEKS ON TOP OF T.V.?!" *cries in his hands*

>...

>"Gotcha, didn't I?"

Attached: eric-bischoff.jpg (500x585, 39K)

9/11

Internet streaming to watch Raw.

Austin was hurt in 2000 and Triple H was the top guy.

What happened in Sept 99?

Austin turned heel

Several I think of.

WCW and ECW going out of business.
Triple H getting pushed
Stone Cold shaking Vince McMahon's hand at the end of WrestleMania 17.

Attached: 1535713888159.jpg (600x600, 36K)

Foley, The Rock and Austin walked off into the sunset. The invasion did no favors for anyone from ECW or WCW except Rob Van Dam, so you doubled the roster and halved the appeal for the strictly WWF audience. It ended the attitude era.

Also this was a big time for Xtreme sports, which probably took a large chunk of the same demographic.

Attached: tony-hawk_JAMj4[1].jpg (1125x1416, 614K)

I think that was one of those times Raw was in Europe and those shows are always fucking terrible so people don't watch.

Plus this was going on. How didn't want to fuck themselves up and their friends in the 2000-2005 period?
youtube.com/watch?v=zje8OeqEvmY

God the Invasion was so fucking bad. It didn't help Vince was dumping all of his attention and $100 million into the XFL.

Also Russo left, they rode the wave for 1 year approx. and then Stephanie took over head of creative.

Russos booking with less focus on in ring wrestling and a lot of soap opera storylines on weekly shows drew lots of non-wrestling fans wether you want to admit it or not.

>Zero competition
>Manages to kill self

Attached: 1549863442798.jpg (535x462, 63K)

Two episodes of RAW in 2 first weeks of September were pre-empted for Westminster Dog Show and U.S Open. Otherwise normal ratings.

gerweck.net/tv-ratings/1999-ratings/

>I made this graph in 20 seconds without even thinking about the math lining up
>ive seen it posted like 5 times since

Attached: 1525266848122.png (295x411, 157K)

>People skipped prime Monday Night Wars for dogs and golf

Attached: 6545454544.png (556x306, 179K)

By Q4 of 2000 it was already starting to lose steam. It just wasn't that exciting compared to earlier in the year.

You should have thought about your powers before you have used them, young one.

Right around the time Steph became head of creative. Really makes you think

they changed networks

The way they handled the "Who assaulted Austin" shit with it being revealed as Rikishi pretty much was the start of the decline

Tennis you uncultured swine.

I noticed the dip in quality when they did the WCW & ECW Invasion angle. WWE never recovered.

Yeah Rikishi was such an odd selection. Basically felt like today's forced midcarder slotted into the main event mix, and then a few months later he was out of the company

Triple H, Stone Cold's heat died off, nu-metal and rap rock became uncool, The Rock was pushed on top, Russo left, the XFL.

What happened to Nitro in April of 99?

Perhaps WWF WrestleMania season with Rock/Austin etc. shifted some momentum for good?