Gimmicks for the working man

As an aspiring indy shitter, I'd like to know some viable and realistic gimmicks that Yea Forums has been cooking up. Post your gimmick, persona or character, and some details that might help paint a clear picture.

Attached: CringevsBased.jpg (600x338, 65K)

Nobody is just going to give you a good idea for a gimmick they’ve came up with so you can pretend you did ya geek

Attached: dutch.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

OK. The point wasn't to give me a gimmick, just to see what Yea Forums could come up with.

ITS MY CHARACTER! I'M THE TRASH MAN! I COME OUT, I THROW TRASH, ALL OVER, ALL OVER THE RING! AND THEN, I START EATING GARBAGE! AND THEN I PICK UP THE TRASH CAN, AND I BASH THE GUY WITH IT!

Attached: 6E083F47-6B58-498A-90E1-4040E5ECEB4B.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

Paranoid wrestler who's always concerned there will be a run in

Attached: 1548365570961.png (440x483, 294K)

>Every show calls the promoter to the ring and demands a steel cage match, despite being in an armory or literal bingo hall
based

Gimmick where you come out with tiny wrestling trunks on with OP on the ass.
Then you just act like a raging faggot and you’re good to go.

As an aspiring indy shitter myself, I've had a hard time with this. It seems the age of "gimmicks" is dead, and it's more being yourself but more intense, with an interesting aesthetic.

Racist mega-heel by the name of Wyatt Power. Finisher is called the SHOAHSTOPPER. Yes, in all caps. It's a curb stomp.

Wade G. Slave
Dress in a short that says "I

I've been trying to avoid coming to this conclusion, but it seems like it's the truth. If we used the ol' "turn yourself up to 11" device, I'd be a jive talking wigger, calling white people honkies and crackerjack motherfuckers. I don't even know what type of ring gear I'd rock though, but I'd shave my head, get a deep tan and bleach my beard.

>I'd be a jive talking wigger, calling white people honkies and crackerjack motherfuckers.
It worked for Cena.

having a 'the' infront of your name is always dimes
the rock
the undertaker
the miz
the hulkster
the hurricane
it cant fail to get over

This sounds based bro. Would definitely get heat. Id wear tights with cowboy boots over them and a chain or something

The big show
The macho man
The andre giant
The yeti
The dudley boyz

has a The ever not gotten over?

True. And hopefully I'd be edgy enough to separate myself from thuganomics cena. But the concern is if people immediately say "you're biting off Cena's gimmick" then you're fucking DOA. It feels like everything has been done, so all the new guys that try to use a gimmick get compared to someone else.

The Bryan Kendrick

>cowboy boots
That's an amazing idea. They'd have to be some crazy shit, like Ostrich leather or Alligator skin. Do you think that could work with trunks, or would it have to be long tights like the Hulkster?

the ultimate warrior too.

It should be an extension of yourself.

If I had the height, looks, athleticism, and charm, I would've been a lawyer wrestler. Usually playing a cowardly heel, I would challenge babyfaces to matches with intricate rules and bylaws. Midway through matches I would roll out of the ring, grab a mic, and yell "I OBJECT!" to whatever friviolous thing I can come up with, then lay in some insults on the crowd's lack of intellect and breeding. My 5 modes of doom would be gray-area moves, like
>thumb to the eye followed by rope rake
>drop toe hold
>chop block
>manhattan drop
>jumping leg drop to the midsection
>Eddie Gilbert's Hot Shot
So a lot of Flair/old school heel stuff. Basically I'm Ric Flair, but I hit people with a loaded briefcase and/or gavel.

But alas those pipe dreams are over for me. Instead, I became an actual attorney (and I shitpost on Yea Forums all day and night).

>The Triple H

>yell "I OBJECT!" to whatever friviolous thing I can come up with, then lay in some insults on the crowd's lack of intellect and breeding
That's based as fuck, my man.

I think they'd have to be long tights, unless you have trashy leg tattoos to show off. Trunks and boots makes me think of Stan Hansen.

Yeah, that was gonna be my signature catch phrase, like I start all promos with it, interrupt faces, etc. Throw in some "overruled" and "case dismissed" and "guilty" for effect.

When I would be in a rest hold, the ref would be like "do you give up?", and I say back "I request a five minute recess!"

what do you think of ear piercing gimmicks? Kind of like pic related? I think it could add some extra douchebag points during my entrances and during promos, when I get heated and start bobbing my head around and whatnot

Attached: chandelier piercings.jpg (640x640, 54K)

The bryan Kendrick

wear a diaper to the ring . in the middle of the match when you are losing. you quickly dig some shit (chocolate) out of you diaper and rub it in your opponents eyes. This will blind him, so you can use your signature move on him.

you name can be the dirty diaper Bandit

Would you go whole hog and wear the suit pants and dress shirt gimmick?
>When I would be in a rest hold, the ref would be like "do you give up?", and I say back "I request a five minute recess!"
That's some good shit. People are so afraid to be cowardly, lame heels. And then dorks ask why no one gets real heat.

This is unironically based as fuck
Nothing is original in wrestling anymore brother, take aspects of gimmicks and put your own spin on it, make it different enough to stand out and you’re good.
I came up with The Scarecrow, he’d wear tattered somewhat baggy clothing with dried mud all over it, a fabric bag kinda mask with eyeholes and a stitched up mouth hole like Scarecrow from Batman comics. Entrance attire would add a long tattered dark-coloured jacket, a wide-brim scarecrow style hat and an old rope tied in a loose noose around his neck.
Personality would be a lot like Mankind, but less of the pitiful babyface schtick and turn up the sinister to 11, he’d be a real fucking weirdo and could be played like a Bray Wyatt/Raven characters where he would use minions to fight his battles and he would cut cryptic promos, or you could play it kinda like Mankind/Kane where he is a creepy loner that may make a friend here or there but largely keeps himself to himself.
Ideal body type would be skinny tall, but I guess as long as you were fairly skinny height wouldn’t be too much of a factor.
A crucial part of this gimmick would be commiting to it, every movement he makes should be creepy and sinister looking, his moveset would reflect this too, you could go technical, using moves that you can execute in a vicious or devious way like the Muta Lock as a quick example. Conversely you could play it as a hardcore character, maybe using the noose from his entrance attire to do gimmick choking with it? Stuffing hay into the opponents mouth maybe? This character is kayfabe heavy, probably wouldn’t use social media but if he did it would be very cryptic and ominous. The beauty here is unlike Carder who kept up kayfabe so hard that he couldn’t have fun, whoever plays the character can remove the mask and just be themselves and nobody has to know.

Fucking based.
I'd be a loud, thuggish ancap who demands that the promotion pays me in crypto. My signature match would be a falls count anywhere, no DQ match since there wouldn't be any rules.

Thanks man, your character is really fucking cool by the way. If you could do some lights out gimmicks, and put a burlap or fabric mask over your opponents and choke them, that'd be cool.
Kek. Scream at the crowd for being statist pigs, and that you'll give a free helicopter ride to your opponent if you beat him.

Wear a horse custom to the ring. You can be horse man

I like the mental image of head bobbing, but youve definitely got to be effiminate to pull off dangly earrings. Tbh i wouldnt do it just because ive never seen the wiggers in my town wear them. A nice bandana would be good, along with a whole bunch of little gimmick neck chains.

Maybe I didn't use the right word. Not smoking newports and drinking faygo, but white boy who watches black dynamite, soul plane etc, and molded himself around it.

Anyone got the screencap of the user who came up with “Tic Tac Jack”?

I've been watching those pre- and post-WM15 Raws where the Rock was the corporate heel. Goddamn, I forgot how good that run actually was.

indy john cena

I'd wear the suit for promos (and actually have a reason to wear them, unlike most characters). But wrestling matches I would probably have some standard tights or trunks and boots. Instead of black, I would wear charcoal or navy blue (appropriate conservative colors), maybe some tasteful pinstripes or checks. No tattoos of course. I grew up watching the Memphis territory, so I gotta have the ref frisk my opponent thoroughly (especially if he's black), but all the while I have a chain in my tights or boots. Haircut has to be what I have now: high and tight with pomade slick-back, clean shaven.

>so I gotta have the ref frisk my opponent thoroughly (especially if he's black)
kek, imagine the heat if a crowd caught on.
> but all the while I have a chain in my tights or boots
I'd go for brass knuckles in an attache case that you or a female valet (your "secretary") carrys to ringside.

You should legit try and come up with a few more gimmicks as detailed as this and you could genuinely try and sell them to indie feds or something dude, shit I’d buy this exact one from you if I was having trouble coming up with something

Oh shit, okay. Cowboy boots, purple tights, gold cross, dangly earrings, aviators, nunchucks. I dig it. Bell bottoms when out of ring attire

Footfag who interrupts women matches to steal their boots and smell them on the spot

>bell bottoms
Oh, fuck yes. In what direction should I go for wrestling holds/moves? I'm shoot 6'3" so I want to stay on the mat. I don't want to be a brawler or deathmatch fag, but I want to be a heel so not too technical.

Headband+afro if you can grow one too, user

The afro isn't possible, but a headband might have a chance to come together with the look.

I would dress up like a generic baseball player and call myself "baseball man".

Nice try Paul

You could get some facepaint and be a bootleg Baseball Fury like in The Warriors.

A Baseball Furies gimmick would be dimes.

Attached: 6dd2d054c33523721a3d573f98424cb7.jpg (407x477, 26K)

My character is a guy who just wants to prove he is the best... so basically the same persona as 99% of the men and women on the WWE roster.

Ok, DIMES 101 for aspiring indy shitters.
0)Take a shower, hit the weights.

1)Look at the mirror and ask yourself a question - why it's a bad idea to get into a bar fight with this guy. Does he have the size and looks? Or perhaps he's ferocious and intense? Or maybe he's just batshit crazy who can stab you without blinking?

2)Look around your room and your search history and ask yourself another question - what do i have inside of me that i can overblow to epic proportions?

It wouldn't be a problem if they weren't such marks. Like last night, Ricochet had a literal "happy to be here" promo. Talk about a fucking geek.

>last night
my bad, this one's on me.

Definitely throw a roundhouse kick. Maybe a few karate chops or judo inspired throws. I'd just keep stuff flashy. Discus lariat. Knee drop. Maybe an exploder suplex called Black Dynamite. Gotta work a Manhattan drop in. Maybe a piledriver or powerbomb called good vibrations. At 6'3" youre going to tower over everyonr, so you need to lean into power moves and utilizing your long limbs for striking.

If you had a big enough guy to put it on, I figure a Russian bear wrestler gimmick could work, you’d need a HUGE dude to make it believable but his whole thing could be that he dominated everywhere he went in Russia and has over 50 confirmed wins over literal bears, so now he arrives in *insert promotion here* to prove he can beat the best of the best in *insert Nation here*
Dude would just have to use a convincing enough Russian accent and use mad power moves, basically Zangief from SF with that all that old school foreign heel shit

>knee drop and manhattan drop
those are definite keepers. I like the karate chops too. I don't like punches in wrestling, so that totally negates any problem finding a striking move. Do you think that a regular piledriver would cut it for a finisher, or should I use a submission like an old school heel?

If you’re set on a piledriver, consider a sit-out michinoku driver
Idk why but I feel it kinda fits the character unless you wanna go real old school with it, if you wanna go submission then allow me to suggest a Dragon Sleeper, it looks dope and nobody seems to use it nowadays

If I'm honest, I just want a safe finisher to give someone. A michinoku driver sounds good, but the dragon sleeper looks brutal, especially if your opponent is flexible and they can sell the back being stretched, as well as the actual sleeper.

Incel gimmick. You're a virgin despite being a pro wrestler. You blame women, interrupt women's matches, and beat up women. You go insane and sometimes just walk out of a match when it's not going your way. Also you dedicate all your matches to your mother and try to rack up good boy points through your wins. When you lose, you scream on your way to the back.

Dragon sleeper is a good idea

Here, now rate my idea. I'm 5'11", stocky but beefy. Masked monster called "Manslaughter". Finisher is like a steiner screwdriver or small package driver called "The Drunk Driver"

I don't even know if a promoter would allow that. It would get heat, but so much that people would get worked into a shoot and complain.

Popped me. It's a great indy gimmick but it won't go any further than that. Would you have trunks, tights, singlet? Give me a bit of a visual.

For a sorta deathmatch indy gimmick this sounds top notch, real Mankind/Abyss vibe to it
How in depth have you gone developing character? Is he an ex-trucker who accidentally killed an innocent and had a mental break-down, turning him into this tortured soul? Or what?

Refuse to wrestle women with tattoos.

>just women with tattoos
I'm not the incel gimmick guy, but would I get blacklisted for not wanting to wrestle women?

Black tights with silver chain print wrapped around it, black boots. Wrist tape. Maybe the mask looks like a road sign or something scary. I dont have that ironed out. I like black because its a classic color but its really common too.

I havent put thought in it past what i said, but thats a good idea. Ive thought promo wise "you call me reckless. You call me careless. Well You better take a look around you, because right now youre playing chicken with a freight train"

That would be a solid promo. The look you've described sounds like it has potential, as well.

What would be a good name for a lariat signature? Something chain based. Maybe "whiplash". Also do you think it would look weird if i was hunters orange?

Orange might be a bit out there. For the lariat, "whiplash" works, but you might want to workshop it a bit more. I'm kind of wondering where the chains are coming from.

I dunno, chains are scary. Maybe tire tracks would be better

Would a split personality gimmick work? I've been thinking of this for a while, one of them being this unhinged dude, whilst the other is cool and collected. The calm one keeps the crazy one in check, but either of them can wrestle, with the calm one being more technical and the crazy one being more of a brawler.

An alternative to just all black could be based around whatever road sign you pick for the mask, provided you that route, so for example a stop sign road mask you could have black gear with red accents and trim.
Forgive me for being a Britfag, I don’t know what colour all the different US road signs are, but yellow & black could work too I feel

Has mad potential IMO, with the right other characters to play off of and decent booking this could definitely get over

Black tire tracks on (light-ish) grey tights, maybe? You're backstory can be that you got hit by a car, and it made you a bit deranged, numb to pain, etc.
There would have to be an easily identifiable trigger. Like with the Festus gimmick. That would only be possible with a returning audience who knows what's going on.

user makes a good point, you’d need to be creative minded enough to come up with new, interesting ways to show potential new comers to the product how and why the character works the way it does, ON TOP OF being skilled enough in ring to switch up between technical stuff and brawling on any given night.
I still think it could work but it’s asking a lot of one guy to pull it off honestly.

Good idea

Tagged the wrong post, my bad

We're live, pal!
But yeah, the point I was making is that the gimmick switch-up is very audience reliant. For the indies, you'd need a heavy social media following to keep it out of the grave.

I see. For a trigger, I guess the easiest thing would be something like say seeing blood or wearing/removing an easily identifiable item of clothing. No idea what it could be if it was the latter though.
How would a character like that even have a social media presence though? I'll admit I haven't even thought about that aspect to be honest.

>How would a character like that even have a social media presence though?
Maybe a Jekyll and Hyde gimmick. One guy is prim and proper, wants to connect with the fans and gain popularity. The other guy is a lying, cheating psycho brawler. Doesn't give a fuck. Neither side will acknowledge the other.

This is my gimmick

Attached: 589c3c241ee4e2d5099a4a865ab76214.png (755x420, 317K)

How would I frame just a general hero gimmick? Like an epic Greek hero? I figure very prideful and with a fatal flaw.

Dress up as a swan and sexually bully the ((women))

The Big Lad
His gimmick is that hes 6'6
Good luck stealing that ya simp

Wear an eyepatch and have your opponent work the vulnerable side.

A socially retarded autist who is constantly referencing Anime, and screeches randomly.
I will wear a ninja headband on a fedora, a trenchcoat, and a shirt with a random waifu on it. Below the waist, I am dressed like Randy Orton.
My finisher is a JoJo stand rush, where I punch people repeatedly while screeching "Ora" or "Muda", and instead of walking I always Naruto run.
When I'm seemingly beaten, I will try to kip up, fail, then slowly pick my greasy mass up, scream like Goku, then screech: "THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!"
I must note that I will be a jobber, so after the final form thing and the stand rush, the opponent gets up and punches me once

I'd book you

you can hold two pickle jars in each hand and call yourself Hamburger Man

Im conflicted because I like the idea of a lucha mask look, but i honestly am kind of vain and want people to think im good looking. Im not sire how to develop a character beyond just being myself.

I don't know but learn how to throw a proper working punch rather than 480 splashes especially if you got some size.

based

A social anxiety gimmick, where they are announced for shows but never show up

Boomer gimmick. Basically Stone Cold but you chug monster instead of beer. Purposefully steal spots from the attitude era and constantly reference attitude era matches. You could even ride a lawn mower to the ring like Eddie Guerrero.

>Footfag who interrupts women matches to steal their boots and smell them on the spot
Better yet a footfag who interrupts his own matches to steal women's shoes from the crowd and huffs away

Get a hot goth valet and be her masked gimp