How old is too old to start training to be a wrestler?

I'm 28 and I want to be a wrestler. I think I could be the next Austin Aries. But am I too over the hill to succeed? I see a lot of people start when they're 18-20, how can I compete with virile young bucks like that?

Attached: kendo.jpg (615x870, 57K)

>I think I could be the next Austin Aries.
I'm sure you can easily be a dimeless shitter.

>I think I could be the next Austin Aries
Why? How tall are you?

DDP started when he was 35

>Austin Aries
>midget shitter that has burned a bridge with every promotion he's worked for
Uh, sure, if you want. Batista and DDP started in their 30s.

depends, height and weight?

Boogeyman started when he was 40

6'2.

The go to answer for this is always DDP.
Go for it.

That's good. But forget Austin Aries.
You're age is fine since Stone Cold and Sheamus started around your age, as others here mentioned; Batista and DDP even older.

Hit the weights and ya self over 230lbs. If you didn't have an athletic background start now. I believe in you user.

Honesty, it's simple.
If you want it, then put everything you have into making it happen.
Hustle with everything you got to afford what you need.
Be loyal to your goal
Respect the business you're trying to break into
And Never give up.

28 is fine. You'll obviously be years behind most of the guys but you also have ten years' fewer bumps. You'll have to work harder to get conditioned but there's no reason you can't wrestle.

Is this a John Cena promo?

I train with guys who are in their 40s. Do it for the experience.

Or you can be a coward. I don't care.

you'll be fine follow your dreams user

Attached: 1504277544328.jpg (1024x1024, 522K)

this. You will probably not make it big because you wouldn't take risks the younger guys do. Then again, most of them don't make it big anyway. You'll still be a local celebrity and may even make a few marks.

If you expect to get anywhere it's probably too late unless you form connections or are pretty big. If you're fine working regionals there's nothing you from doing that.

Train as hard as you can, learn as much as you can.
You might never make it, but think about it: some of the best wrestling teachers never actually really made it in the business. If you learn as much as you can and still don’t make it, you could start your own school and maybe one of your students could make it. You got kids? Maybe one of them would like to be a wrestler? Imagine how much easier that would be for them if dad had already learnt as much as he could about the business.

The main thing putting me off is I'm autistic so I don't think I'd be capable of cutting a good promo, and I'm too old to do flippy dippy vanilla midget stuff.

Attached: autism aries.png (756x700, 288K)

It's easier to get in if you have a background in some sport but you have to be very disciplined.
And remember that charisma is equally or more important than in ring.

I have no charisma so I thought I could wear a mask.

>I think I could be the next Austin Aries.
>A promise ring
oh nononononono

Also 28 and hoping to break into it too OP. Maybe we can have a match one day. Where do you live?

He was also friends with Bischoff.

You're already failing. Take your weakness, and make it your strength through obsession.

You still have to develop some character, using a mask could help, you could wear sm Frankenstein halloween mask and act like a monster or something.

As long as you know someone in high places age isn't limited

>I don't think I'd be capable of cutting a good promo
Being autistic may not actually be a disadvantage here. One trouble with autism (depending on which kind you have) may be an inability to read social cues, which is why conversations are so hard. But a promo isn't a conversation, you don't have to respond to the crowd, you're saying something specific to get a specific response.

If you're curious about how you might do on a stage, get a lucha mask and go to an open mic. Go on stage for five minutes and ramble like a crazy person or tell dad jokes or something. The important thing is you do it with THE INTENT to be horrible and totally bomb. That takes away the reasons for why one would have stage fright. See how it goes.

Both Batista and Kevin Nash started training at 30. DDP famously at 35 (despite already being involved in wrestling for a couple of years as a manager only). Boogeyman and Rico Constantino at 40. Brodus Clay at 33.

I know most of these guys aren't exactly luminaries, but as long as you don't intend on by a Will Ospreay kinda guy, nothing is stopping you.

Also remember that wrestling is a carny business don't let carnies work you into a shoot.

I feel like, that as an actual adult, you're far better equipped to succeed than an 18 year old kid.

Forget inside the ring, most 18 year olds aren't going to have the drive, work ethic, maturity, fiscal responsibility, financial security, perspective, etc. to really make it out of the bush leagues. The reason someone like Matt Riddle was so successful so quickly wasn't just because he was an athlete with some minor name recognition, it's because he was already 28 when he started wrestling, so he had his shit together, and was able to fully devote and apply himself to it.

Age had little to do with his relatively quick success imo. A number of a positives you note weren't relevant to Matt e.g. he wasn't in a great financial situation when he left MMA for pro-wrestling.

But the former qualities you noted of him being a professional athlete, and having a degree of celebrity had more to do with it imo. But maybe most importantly was training through the Monster Factory. That's where he first got to mix it up with a few 'big' names. He left a good impression on them and that helped put a spotlight on him for Evolve. After that, basically a year or two into his career he could get booked anywhere as a rising indie star. That allowed him to quickly build experience and make decent money. Location is probably the most important thing to have chance at getting a similar opportunity.

Tenryu started at 27.

Post a picture of yourself. If you are already decently built maybe, but if you lool like shit its 100% certain you are a no draw shitter

DDP started at 35, HARASHIMA started at 27. Batista started after 30 and the all time GOAT Baron Corbin started near to 30 as well.

You need more charisma to work with a mask ya simp

>HARASHIMA started at 27
Ehh. Maybe that's why his age is unlisted.

Yeah, I always find the unlisted ages weird. Him and KUDO hiding their ages like simps.

>I think I could be the next Austin Aries
you ain't gonna make it out here with the wolves, kid

I'm in the same boat as you, 6'2" 215 but I'm 27. Also have a shoot background (hs amateur wrestler and Bjj purple belt), I was just planning on being a Stan Hansen ripoff and lariating the hell out of people instead of doing flippy shit

If you have a good body (maybe bulked up a bit), and come from a good wrestling school, you'd probably get booked about as much as you wanted.

Yes it is.