When will WWE die?

Genuinely curious.

Attached: 1548458187847.png (2000x1826, 412K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kSQ8tZ35t4U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

De facto, it is right now. But whatever's left will likely continuate the then now forever myth.

As much as I'd like for that to happen, it won't because of all their pajeet fanbase. If all their sponsors in the US pulled out they'd get bailed by either some rich Indian or Saudi

even le meltz says they're too big to fail

Record
Revenue
Baby

Then now forever

Attached: 1550417061605.jpg (1248x718, 869K)

WWE had been dead since 1785.

Attached: william wade ellis.jpg (1000x1733, 357K)

Saudi oil money isnt gonna bail you out forever

WWE the company will be around for a long time to come. The product died a long time ago.

May 25, 2019

When Vince dies.

It could shrink down to top indie tier like ROH as wrestling fades but that's literally a lifetime away. It can't die completely, just shrink.

Regardless it will always live rent free inside your head

>it cant die completely
Oh yes it can
When Vince dies shit might hit the fan really quickly

This

Attached: 1550686633977.gif (306x230, 1.45M)

It already died nearly 2 decades ago

>When Vince dies shit might hit the fan really quickly
And what, you think it'll just vanish into thin air?

>bad business dealings
>shit getting worse and worse
Give it 10 years after Vince and its over

Soon. People think it will just coast on but there's no guarantee of that.

Vince and co. have had years, YEARS to correct the course. They have failed over and over and over to preserve the cultural value of pro wrestling in the 1st world. And now they are out of options to recover, and even if they did have any they don't have the talent or skill to use them correctly.

AEW will also fail. Pro Wrestling is a lost art. Something that existed in a particular time and place in the latter half of the 20th century. Everything we've been watching since 2001 is an epilogue. What small promotions will continue for the foreseeable future are merely echoes and historical recreations.

That’ll result in it shrinking, not dying, which is what I said in the first place

Nah
A bad enough business deal can ruin a company

it’s just like a newspaper now, it is not a enterprise for making money by entertaining people, it is a social engineering tool used to promote women’s rights to a post-birth abortion and every other unholy thing
it is owned by wall street and will never die as long as globalism and science pussies exists

It literally began less than two decades ago

Not in my lifetime that's for sure.

This is true, it is a globalist tool that they will operate at a loss in order to continue influencing culture.

Back to your containment shithole /pol/smokers

Learn to code.

being against wall street and globalism is poll? i always thought i was a liberal but maybe youre right

Never, it will only evolve desu. Wrestling will always be culturally relevant

sounds like you're a zoomer who doesn't remember WCW.

Only 1.88% of shares are held by insiders, that includes all of the McMahon's, HHH, Kevin Dunn, and a bunch of other people I don't recognize.
Anyone know what Shane did with his shares? Did he ever have any?
The point of this post is to show how insignificant the McMahons and HHH are as influences in this company now, it is a soulless Wall Street corporation.

Attached: asp.jpg (903x2138, 407K)

WCW didn't really have the history, money, or structure WWE had. It was like a promotion for older talent that wanted to leave WWE and appeal to younger crowds.

It was like the reverse NXT

But someone said Vince McMahon has most of the shares. And in the video of the smark ranting in the stockholders' meeting, it's the McMahons/HHH sitting there.

you can see even kevin dunn has more shares in his name then vince but less than steph and hhh combined
vince is still the ceo which is the boss of the company is responsible for answering to the board for everything that happens in the company, it looks like both hhh and steph are on the board as well, the wall street guys will want to keep some ‘wrestling’ people on the board but it appears to be less than half of the people
if you want a funny rant listen to cornette shoot on kevin dunn and how rich he has become

You are using a wrong chart.

Attached: ownership8.png (584x350, 58K)

No, you are wrong.
You are looking only at half of total stock.
Also you are looking at B stock, which is only one tenth of voting power in comparison to A stock (or whatever these levels are called) which is all held by McMahon family and before they sell those they always convert it to the lower level stock.

By the way.
Succession plan has been in place for years already.
And when they promoted Wilson and Barrios into Vice President slots, positions only second to Vince and ABOVE Trips and Steph and whatever ntohing Shane is, they established that those two will lead the company moving forward.

you are right, my bad, found this in the annual report, when im at my computer ill research it to understand it better tomorrow

Attached: 4DD8619E-11BC-4A80-82C7-9652392435C1.jpg (1136x131, 90K)

Not soon enough

That's good to hear. Whoever's in charge now, a bloodied volleyball would seriously be an upgrade.

No problem, what you were looking at were those stocks that are outside of McMahon family control. Those that normal people have access to.
Lot of sites focus only on those, because those are of interest to them.
It took me some time to find a correct chart as well and I knew what I was looking for.

you know your stuff, no one but a mcmahon is even allowed to own a class b 10x voting share, they automaticly convert to a class a share

Attached: A1FFA571-5C1B-481F-9CE2-1D29E7AE2843.jpg (640x542, 252K)

XFL 2 is going to end it for sure.

so hopefully shane has some of those class b shares, im sure he must

from what i understand, that is a completely seperate company vince set up outside of wwe, the shareholders didnt want anything to do with it

Shane is literally just an employee now. He left his position of power and stake with the company in 2010.

why did he do that?

He started some meme chinese video company, no idea what happened after he left. Probably failed by now.

man, hopefully vince leaves it all to him in his will, all this news really brings back my hope in wrestling being great again, i was under the impression they had no control for years, wall street would never stop the women’s revolution but shane or his sons could stop it in some post apocalyptic future

Yes, it is different company, doesn't have any ties to WWE at all.
Or rather is supposed to not have any ties at all. But it has.
Alpha Entertainment, company that started XFL has been founded by Vince, who sold 100 millions worth of shares before the price of stock sky rocketed (he would have been able to sell the same amount of stock for 350 mil, if he waited a year). Also they have been using (at least for their first presser) same equipment and people as WWE is usually doing. Alpha Entertainment paid WWE for that service tho.
Success or failure of XFL has no bearings on success or failure of WWE, unless Vince takes it out on creative.

are you invested in the company?

Shane won't get anything.
Stop deluding yourself.
There is succession plan already set.
There are two vice presidents who are responsible, in conjunction with Vince for business success of WWE and shit load of money they have made.
Barrios is driving force behind WWE Network and making WWE independant on creative for hot PPV angles.
Wilson is the one who was overseeing TV deals negotiations and breaking into new markets.
Shane is failed businessman. Anything he tried to do, he failed at it. He was ousted from the meme chinese company he founded. Because he sucked at his job.
You do not want Shane at leading your company.

No, why do you ask?

just curious, you are knowledgeable, they have a drip plan which i have used to invest in other companies but they would be more like a trophy stock if i liked the product

There's a story which says he left mainly due to the struggle for power between him and Steph/Triple H. Then in like 2012 or so he set up a clandestine meeting through Dunn with Vince to try and convince him to hand creative over to Shane, but was turned down.

I do not have money to spare to be honest.
And if I had any money to use for investing, I'd use them to repair properties my family owns, so we can start getting money from those, because they are "real", if you understand what I mean by that.
I just like to stay on top of the things, because I hate being uninformed about state of the biggest wrestling company in the world. Even if I do not watch their weekly programming, what they do and why they decide what to do is very important for the rest of wrestling.
For example - them getting huge TV deals made Khans try to create new wrestling company.
Also I hope to never be dependant on meme posts of "WWE is dying, because it has such and such ratings" to get the idea of how the biggest wrestling company is doing.

i know exactly what you mean by real, and i think you are smart to do that
do you think aew can appeal to normal blue collar types or do you think it will be geared towards bigger brained elitist types

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=kSQ8tZ35t4U

>do you think aew can appeal to normal blue collar types or do you think it will be geared towards bigger brained elitist types
Too soon to tell.
I think they are smart to start building their audience by using hardcore fans and appealing to them. There is no way they can reach any "casuals" right now. How would those people find out about them, with them not having any TV deal or stuff like that.
Right now they are company based purely on hype from wrestling sites. That is all. And they will be that for at least half a year.
If TV deal pans out and they really start TV in October, when SDL moves to Fridays (which is what I was saying when they signed trademark for Tuesday Night Dynamite), people who grown used to watch wrestling on Tuesday will maybe turn to AEW's programming and watch that.
But until then... why appeal to anyone but hardcores? They will build up audience and have people coming to their shows, so when they start showing it on TV, they will have full venues and it will look major league.

Hardcore WWE fans and hardcore wrestling fans are completely different. Hardcore WWE fans are a cult that accepts midgets exposing the business. Most hardcore wrestling fans don't watch current wrestling often, preferring to see the best from throughout history rather than sit back for a variety show like a cultist or in the past like a casual, from YouTube, DailyMotion and the WWE Network; Goldberg's return gained a lot of interest from hardcore wrestling fans.

i hope they put on a traditional masculine show but i am afraid that will never return instead it will be like wwe, a progressive feminine show

I think you are mistaken. I can see why you think that, but that hardcore wrestling fan you are describing is not and cannot be your target audience. Those people are not who will fly to your show in Vegas, Jacksonville or wherever else.
We need to understand who will come to AEW first shows.
And this is a thing that people who post on Yea Forums don't get and seem like they are unwilling to accept. Would an Enzo Amore fan fly to Vegas to watch him? I don't think so. But Young Bucks fans are willing to do that and we have seen it on two occasions already.
Would old "hardcore wrestling" fan you are describing fly in to Vegas to watch Goldberg? Maybe? Would there be enough of them? I do not think so.
I don't understand what you mean by that, because I am not really able to guess what you mean by those buzzwords. What aspects of WWE show you are using them to describe them and so on.
in WWE there is literally a guy who was showing off his muscles just few weeks ago. There was an infidelity angle. A woman looked at a guy's crotch and said "I know you have big... bank account". What is feminine about that?
Or are you just cherry picking stuff to apply your narrative?

probably not the best choice of words, i am talking about the overall presentaion of the product specifically way too much womens wrestling but also everything just seems really soft and delicately presented, the matches drag on and on, the promos are over produced and robotic like they dont want to offend anyone there are way too many replays, matches going through multiple commercial breaks, other things relating to the tv show but i alao dont like the ppvs its not the perfect word but it all seems very feminine in its presentation

Also pink ropes. I saw a picture of NFL players wearing pink too. "Look how charitable we are! No wait, look how SINCERELY charitable we are! It's not about if anyone's watching but JUST LOOK DAMN YOU!"

Yep, wrong choice of words.
By the way, they have not changed their presentation from the time they have started doing HD in 2008. They have been the same, with the same formatting, how they write scripts and everything else for more than a decade.
So it's nothing new and we should not attribute it some SJW movement.
Because let's be honest, one of the reasons why they were able to get so much money from TV networks and why they are getting those sweet sponsor money and why advertisement companies are starting to realise that wrestling fans are not just poor rednecks and latinos is because of the way WWE is produced and made.
And that is one of the reasons why AEW exists, but in exchange, if AEW is succesful, they can force WWE to start changing and evolving past the things you dislike.
Which is the reason why people who do not plan on watching a single minute of AEW should be rooting the most for AEW's success. Because it can only make WWE better, not worse.

yeah i liked it when it was entertainment for poor people or ‘rednecks’ and latinos as you put it, so that goes back to my first question, do you think aew will try ti appeal to poor people because the only way i see them influencing wwe in a way that improves the product from my perspective is if they are having success with a product that is appealing to poor ‘toxic’ men, if they start to have success with a product that appeals to hipster ‘sjws’ i am afraid it will push it even farther in the direction i dont want it to go
basically i think aew could affect wwe but i think it could affect it for better or worse depending on your perspective and on the product they present

I do not think the creative and kind of audience AEW attracts will have zero impact.
What I mean by influence is WWE trying to keep the wrestlers they currently employ by offering them either better money or some fun storylines. If someone is bored, it shows in his efforts (see nakamura).
I don't think what kind of audience AEW will have can in any way influence how WWE presents wrestling.
Also I am sorry to tell you, but no TV product will come back to your prefered way of wrestling. Because of money involved. You have to go to local indies for that. Find someone who caters to you, you won't find it on TV. Maybe AAA? Maybe some hardcore super indy? GCW? Or soemthing like that.
But not US based national TV company.

Whenever Vince McMahon dies. It's his vanity project to play with, nobody else's.

So roughly 3-5 years from now.

i think you are right, that it will never come back for me
i do like aaa but my spanish is shit, last years triplemania with english commentary was awesome. i have heard gcw recommended by others too so maybe i need to check them out.
thanks for your reasonable takes on the modern state of wrestling

I love pro-wrestling and I want other people enjoy it as well. And there is so much pro-wrestling out there, it is fun.
By the way, if you are willing to watch indy wrestling, Beyond have pretty good shows and other stuff on independentwrestling.tv/
You have to pay for that of course, but go and sample some stuff on Youtube, maybe you find something that would interest you.
There is still a market for the wrestling you like, you just won't get it from WWE or AEW.

Also Big Japan Wrestling.
It is full of big bois slugging each other as hard as they can. And their deathmatch division is pretty good as well.
As I have said, I love pro-wrestling and I want other people love it as well. Even if I prefer something they do not like, I want to give them something that will make their day better.

The ding-dong diddly Summer Of '22.

Impossible to say. Shit like WWC is still going ffs. It could just spend decades dwindling into a glorified indie promotion rather than die outright. Who knows.

I think AAA is doing weekly English commentary now, although its (entertainingly) terrible. Last episode featured one of the announcers (who seemed to be drunk) laughing uncontrollably as a mini La Parka fucked up and had to be stretchered out.

GCW goes HARD with the deathmatch stuff, they will have several on every show and they're as brutal as you're gonna see anywhere in history, so its good if you're into that. Everything outside of the deathmatches sucks though pretty much.

They hate you. Join us.

30+ there’s so much wrong with this post I don’t even know where to start

Attached: 44DC0DFF-1D93-4146-BE0C-9A5A3D2ADFDD.gif (230x179, 1.91M)

you have to be relevant in order to influencing culture. WWE hasn't influenced shit since the 90's

>who is Stacy Keibler

> R E N T F R E E
It's good to be the King.

Attached: 1547242211913.png (722x816, 43K)

>As I have said, I love pro-wrestling and I want other people love it as well. Even if I prefer something they do not like, I want to give them something that will make their day better.
Holy shit.

Attached: Big_Post_John.webm (1920x1080, 1.48M)

I love you too, user.

you seems a cool dude, MLW is what you're looking for.

THREE WORDS.

saudi
Oil
Money

Not in our lifetime.
The only thing I care about is when it's going to all get better like we were promised weeks ago... so far there's been absolutely ZERO change since that fucking shit in ring promo by "the authority".

I think you mean William Webb Ellis.

That's not what's keeping them afloat. What's keeping them afloat is the TV deals which was given to them on the basis of it being live sports. Now Fox is seeing that most people are watching Raw or Smackdown on DVR and are realising they've made a huge mistake.

The Saudi deal is miniscule compared to the TV one.