Sonic Adventure 2 Story is really, really Fucking stupid

Sonic Adventure 2 Story is really, really Fucking stupid

Attached: Sonic_Adventure_2_cover.png (324x324, 203.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/we8MYuZ6fEQ
youtu.be/Qo609jN95fI
youtube.com/watch?v=cem2rGiXG6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Filtered.

sayonara

;_;

>Sonic Adventure 2 Story is really, really Fucking kino
yes, it is

and i cant fathom how can you make a movie out of it

name 1 problem other than amy somehow boarding the boat and the heroes not being able to deduce that eggman is in space by simply looking up and the fake emerald being used in the eclipse canon and the dead man's switch STILL activating and the whole ultimate life form situation requiring you to probe prior games' lore to even begin to understand how Sonic is actually the ultimate life form and that shadow is a copy of a prophecy of sonic.
That's right. You fucking can't. Go back.

Attached: go back.jpg (300x225, 5.37K)

industrial shadow > rock shadow
youtu.be/we8MYuZ6fEQ

Attached: chaodow.jpg (800x500, 66.01K)

I fucking kneel

>amy somehow boarding the boat
Never ask how a stealth game character gets to their mission location

not that hard.
>shadow exists, eggman finds him
>shadow wants revenge on humanity and they team up to get the chaos emeralds to the space colony
>sonic gets winds of this and starts collecting them as well
>mid movie fight, the good guys lose, bad guys take the emeralds to the colony and shoot the moon
>good guys follow them to space
>second fight, sonic beats shadow, makes him realize he was wrong about wanting revenge, but it's too late because the colony is now crashing on to earth
>everyone works together to stop it, super sonic and super shadow do it
>shadow "dies", everyone else is saved
>roll credits
the hard part is fitting in a random black woman who has an entire seperate movie within this movie for no reason

Still less stupid than many of the sonic stories that came after.

Attached: foxboi.jpg (854x480, 54.2K)

Remember Eggman already knew the emerald was fake (Tails just gave him confirmation): there's a dedicated cutscene in the Dark Story about it.

I wonder how the movie will handle his backstory, surely they're not going to actually have him see a little girl get gunned down by government soldiers in a kids movie so they'll probably come up with a different reason for him to be angry at humanity.

>flashback time
>Maria and Shadow are being chased
>camera zooms in on Shadow, leaving Maria unseen
>a gunshot is heard, Shadow yells MUHRIA
>flashback abruptly ends

The only stupid part is space aids. The rest is awesome.

But that's an important detail

>'Because you just told me, fuckboi'
What did Eggman mean by this?

>because you just told me, fuckboi
What did Eggman mean by this?

> Amy
> Stealth
I know she learns invisibility in '06 but come on

it's stupid but it tells it's story with so conviction that I adore it. it takes it's self seriously and never winks at the camera or some bullshit
Even better despite being dumb the story is so fast paced and fun you don't care the story never makes you angry at the most you might just giggle at a dumb part but when something legit cool happens it really is awesome

The game is just so confident in it's self and having so much fun it's impossible not to be engaged and have fun the entire time as well

I stand by this Sonic Adventure 2 is most of the best gaming stories ever told it's not the best written but is the most fun.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 142.6K)

this

Sonic is child game

She was constantly sneaking into secure facilities undetected and slipping away from pursuers
It was so prevalent that Heroes and Shadow are the only main games from the adventure era where she is not somehow directly involved in a stealthy prison break

Kino you mean. I would clap in theater if this scene happened in the movie

Attached: 4d51f75da23e0c5f7899b59dfd8d564c.jpg (272x1256, 62.21K)

SA2 has BY FAR the best version of Eggman that has ever existed
It's ridiculous how much his character has gone downhill since the adventure era

Based as fuck, I agree 100%.

Attached: amy.jpg (2048x2048, 599.9K)

Her story in sa1 was literally a scuffed stealth game

This scene is one of the best scenes in gaming and I will not hear otherwise.
Everything about it is great.
>the bantz
>the aknowledgement of eachothers strength after callimg eachother fakers the entire game.
>them slowly walking faster and faster while the music also progressively goes faster as they start running.
Peak vidya kino
youtu.be/Qo609jN95fI

>SA1 pushes the sonic "world" further by imagining "what if these cutesy animal characters lived in the human world alongside people?"
>Outside of the humans being background npcs, they have no real impact on the story and it just makes for a good new setting (cities instead jungles and forests)

>Sa2
>Sonic is arrested
>Eggman breaking into a government facility
>The government killed eggmans grandfather, cousin and caused the new character to hate humans
>Sonic and tails are fugitives for tails breaking sonic out of jail
>Sonic drops into the president of the united states' limo to intercept eggmans message

What the fuck were they smoking. I get they used irl inspiration (sa1 was south america, sa2 was san francisco) for the setting, but the story really didnt need to jump the shark that hard

>Even better despite being dumb the story is so fast paced and fun you don't care
The pacing is such an underrated good aspect of SA2. People pretend it had an overbearing story, but the cutscenes are all short and to the point. The pacing is genuinely perfect for a video game. Compare with a game like Sonic Colors that spends way too long overexplaining the game's extremely simple plot (the opening cutscene is 2:30min and includes a flashback.)

they watched a bunch of anime and american movies

They wanted to make kino. They succeeded.

I have come to make an announcement.

>the story really didnt need to jump the shark that hard
They thought this may well be the last Sonic game at the time with the state Sega was in, so they went all out.

Honestly couldn't have described it better myself.

If GUN existed for 50+ years, where were they for every other Sonic plot up until then? And it's not like Eggsy was quiet about his operations, the man [who let us remember is the grandson of a man who got fucking murdered because of his space station and experiments up there] made 3 different death stars and took over two well known phenomena.

Sonic is fast, he kept getting to Eggman before they did.

How many kids stories have intense moments like the moon blowing up, characters held hostage at gunpoint, nearly blowing up in space. Threatening the world with destruction in order to control humanity. Good shit.
Modern day capeshit has nothing on SA2's story.

The death eggs were Eggman quietly making portable apocalypse machines while operating on hidden remote islands like a metal gear character, and that business with Chaos was still down in the territory where international peacekeeping organizations like to ignore war crimes in because it helps the child trafficking run smoother

And in Chaotix?
And Fighters where he dragged shit out with a tournament?

Shadow is a black lesbian who rejects Sonic's unwelcome advances and privilege checks him, done, give me my money

>I'm the ultimate lifeform and my sidekick is the chosen one
Okay okay we get it Goku, you're sick

Stories decent, the writing is really fucking bad at times tho.

>If GUN existed for 50+ years, where were they for every other Sonic plot up until then?
getting their army mogged by eggman just like in sa2

make the black woman rouge's handler.

I mean Sonic just didn't have any reason to fight or interact with them before did he?
All of the Sonic games before seemed to take place in remote areas partly because Eggman used wild animals to power all his badniks

Get filtered bitch. The awkward presentation and bad localization isn't the fault of the god tier story that you're too brainlet to appreciate.
youtube.com/watch?v=cem2rGiXG6M

K I N O

Attached: 1629755375287.jpg (2047x2043, 299.87K)

Pray tell, where were they for all of the Station Square incidents then?

Shadow's story and arc is legitimately 100% unironically good and people just dismiss it because the cutscenes are clumsy or they're unwilling to give credit to how autistic Maekawa is with the parallels he intentionally put in

Wasn't part of their jurisdiction

lol

Attached: 90635eeff18ec754e93235e8f1b1cac633f9cae9[1].jpg (1800x2767, 700.03K)

Lore schizo here- The ancient civilizations from Sonic 1 and 2, Solaris/Iblis/Mephiles, the Time Eater, Little Planet, Blaze's dimension, the Arabian Nights, and basically every set of powerful artifacts in the series are all directly connected to each other and spawned from the ancient Babylonians, who are essentially the Sonic universe's Chozo

>Before this is over I'll show you the true power of CHAOS CONTROL!
holy kino

Attached: 1444309315179.png (460x464, 234.37K)

We're talking about good Sonic stories ITT could you please take meta Flynnshit elsewhere

metal sonic... no...

Attached: 1652332500457.png (1027x1080, 832.5K)

Sonic's going to absolutely demolish her.

You can't escape him

Attached: Sonic-Frontiers-Video-Title-Banner-1080p[1].png (1920x1080, 2.21M)

Personally I think having Shadow literally crucified for humanity's sins in 06 was the perfect blend of serious and campy

>youtu.be/we8MYuZ6fEQ
based

I just assumed she had cancer and her and Gerald were stuck in space.

What

Bat tits.