Traditional roguelike thread.
Talk about em

Attached: ToME.jpg (464x215, 85.26K)

>rougelike
>soulslike
STOP MAKING FAKE GENRES

No
Brogue

Okay why does it need a thread in the catalog at all times? How is this better than free rogue titles?

I bought a steam deck for this while I need to be in the hospital for my 6 months old son the next 3 weeks.

ToME is available for free too.

Because I want to talk about em

Fair enough.
I have a deck. How does this play on it?

i spent forty minutes today setting up isometric graphics in Angband, looks legit

It runs fine, but the default controls are pretty shite. After some fidgeting (rebinding left and right click, turning off gyro controls, etc.) it becomes quite comfy and useable.

Rimworld has amazing steam deck controls.

>traditional roguelike
>every thread starts with one of the least traditional and worst roguelikes
what did he mean by this

>Because I want to talk about em
You just want to shill tome, faggot.

I suck at it 'em but I still love 'em.

Attached: infra_arcana_win.png (1280x744, 52.49K)

ok, post something else then

It's funny, rogue like elitists always say this, but to date tome is the only one I enjoyed.

I don't want to bump the 80th ToME shill thread one retard keeps making and you don't play any other roguelikes so you're not going to reply anyways until the thread hits page 10.

It's one of those genres that I want to like but I always end up dropping games after a few hours. I have the same problem with RTS games and CRPGs. I did get into TOME for a while, but that's barely on the edge of being a roguelike.

that's right, now go and fuck off nigger

I've been enjoying CDDA Bright Nights a lot lately. Hoping Dwarf Fort comes out on Steam sooner than later.

Even when it does it won't have adventure mode.

>elitists
The game is literally a single player skinner box loot grinder. Don't start with that. You liked it because you got addicted to the amoeba brained formula of diablo loot bloat and power creep. It's cookie clicker tier.

It's literally free on their website

A shame. But I'm sure that will be a WiP, no?

my first run in ToME was a possessor, despite game warning me that its the most complicated class to play. But goddamn it was fun, and i did beat the game, the class is OP but its the most original thing ive ever seen in any game. 10/10 would possess a boss mob again. Also i like the lore.

Attached: fdfd.png (939x138, 9.33K)

Probably, but god knows how far down the line it's gonna come.

>its the most original thing ive ever seen in any game
Try the ring in frogcomposband.

Possessor is from poschengband, its not even original to that game.

>Suddenly seeing ToME threads on Yea Forums pretty much everyday
Did some streamer or something play it recently? Is ToME going to become known as the game that newbies that know nothing about the genre get into?

It's one guy.

don't think so, but I want to talk about

Nothing wrong with a turn based diablo. Choice of classes and variety of biomes keeps the game fresh.

>Is ToME going to become known as the game that newbies that know nothing about the genre get into?
That's already DCSS. Too bad it's also one of the worst roguelikes ever.

It has less original classes and variety than the games it rips off.

>Is ToME going to become known as the game that newbies that know nothing about the genre get into?
Always been

Not the OP (im not a faggot), but i agree that the game deserves a lot more discussion and attention

Attached: 1626317320022.jpg (749x573, 70.35K)

There is an entire general for roguelikes.

its literally one autist. also dcss or maybe cdda if that counts are the launching points for the genre

>i agree that the game deserves a lot more discussion and attention
Do you want me to discuss how the dev is a massive redditor and tome is basically a fork of better, completely free games with newgrounds tier graphical assets and fanfic writing?

How did you get into roguelikes Yea Forums?
I started with IVAN when it was FOTM back in 2010, still remember getting my leg torn off by a bear trap, praying to Loricatus and getting a new one made of steel, then kicking everything to death until a dwarf suicide bombed me.

No, it's a trannylike general. The last time I seen anyone discuss a real game there was in 2017. It's the biggest meeting place of faggots next to the Gay Strategy general

yeah but they keep telling me tome sucks and I should try other games. which upsets me

I've been there and can't stand that place as they talk about off topic garbage so I started making thread here

Probably DCSS like 15 years ago, which led me to nethack which I got addicted to, then started playing all sorts of hacks and bands.

Ywnbaw

They post their playthroughs there. They used to stream and do live plays through various sites, dunno if that is still the case.

Really makes you think.

That's me years ago, problem is, I tried into many other such games and none of them hold candle to ToME, most of them are way too simplistic.

This fucking game is raping my ass but it's so enjoyable the most I reached was I think 10th 11th floor, I feel like this game RNG can fuck you harder than most other Roguelike like DCSS or ToME

You could try out other *bands, FrogComposband has shitloads of races and classes

Attached: frogcomposband races classes.png (1302x1410, 174.43K)

Now the thread will die.

>ASCII
Can't into that either.

What are some good roguelikes?

lmao

Ease yourself into it by playing a game with pretty ASCII like Brogue, you're missing out on a lot of good games if you only play games with tiles.

Attached: Brogue.png (1502x950, 180.49K)

I'm mentioning stuff for a beginner DCSS, ToME, Infra Arcana, brogue, Cogmind, dungeonman, ADOM and finally CoQ (even with the faggy developers).

You just typed a bunch acronyms at me.

>It has less original classes and variety than the games it rips off.
which is? It still 100x better than elona shit.

help

Attached: dcss kimchi.png (1832x1022, 646.36K)

just kidding, I'm fine

Attached: dcss kimchi.png (1832x1022, 736.11K)

ADOM is neither good nor beginner friendly. As someone who spent not hours but years of his youth trying to get all the endings, including ultra endings with trident of the red rooster, I can safely say it's one of the worst designed games I have ever seen, and not worth even a casual playthrough.

Because in the 90s, I didn't have regular access to the internet. I didn't really have any games on my computer. So one day I looked up free games on the computer at my cousin's house and one of them was Nethack that I copied to a floppy disk. I've been playing it all my life since.