Why do Americans do this stuff?

Why do Americans do this stuff?

Attached: modern localization.png (1200x800, 366.76K)

Right sounds like a Metal Gear plot

show me ten games that did this

obsessed

Attached: albw.png (620x813, 566.74K)

Just accept that American culture has moved on. It will never be like it was when you were young ever again.

Don't you just love jelly-filled donuts?

Saga Frontier added a "they/them" to a robot character
Atelier games has a bunch of shit localization that changed the names for joke references
Pic-related did this shit and censored the fatty design.

Attached: FQ8kn6jXEAUVGhn.jfif.jpg (1402x308, 130.29K)

Live a Live is also doing a they/them pronoun to a robot character.

did they meme the shit out of zelda
(if they only memed once for a reference it doesn't count)

What the fuck is this

Do the robots LOOK fuckable, though?

>Gamer gators
They’re too rad too lose

Attached: 4B822C45-52A4-4AA9-9698-4BBB93AE7061.png (256x256, 68.41K)

Why do people still talk about GamerGate?
Based. Is that Gotta Protectors?

>It's another "a sub-group of people do a thing, so all of the other people do it too" episode

Here's your fuckable robot, bro.

Attached: T260G.jpg (511x610, 232.83K)

what an amazingly shit bait thread

Attached: 1651352169250.jpg (667x468, 166.91K)

This should help explain things

Attached: entertainment translators.png (1063x1286, 444.79K)

This almost looked like a fun thread to bash localizers and translators. But it turns out to be a lowkey /pol/ thread.

Every 90's localization thread:
>"Wow these changes were so fucking retarded and funny. Let's make fun of them!"
Every modern day localization thread:
>"NOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T POINT OUT ALL THESE FLAWS AND MAKE FUN OF THEM FOR HOW RETARDED THEY ARE! YOU ARE OBSESSED AND FROM /POL/!"

It won't surprise me if so many localizers are in here and are hurt by OP's image, now some here are trying to derail the thread. Eat shit.

Attached: 1503594344741.png (638x638, 770.47K)

>Why do people still talk about GamerGate?
Gamergate is like the January 6th "Insurrection" of gaming. Leftoids use it whenever they want to make a point about their boogeyman. They pretend like it was some kind of holocaust against women and minorities so they can keep pushing their own agendas.

Oh gee I wonder. It's almost as if the original point those faggots were making was right.

Attached: ptljegqzmv7z.jpg (680x779, 64.65K)

just going to leave this.. right here.

Attached: 78551-snake-s-revenge-nes-back-cover.jpg (668x936, 145.53K)

Exactly. The old threads were fun. The new threads are just depressed weebs complaining about identity politics. It's like comparing chuck e cheese to a funeral.

No one brings it up except journalists, leftists and now fucking localizers for whatever reason. It's their constantly their go-to argument to make you feel bad or whatever.

>Top: Fierce determined and heroic
>Bottom: DRRR I'M A GAY FAGGOT ELF!

>"muh weebs"
Sounds to me you are just desperate and want to derail the thread for personal reasons. Sorry nigga, but people will make fun of this shit so long it keeps happening.

Attached: 71F1712B_09FF_4B4F_A582_F0B76645B829.jpg (500x667, 37.3K)

Hey I'm a translator too, this person is full of shit.
And surprise surprise japanese translations of foreign works fuck shit up constantly too, but you never hear about it because your an anime obsessed otaku loser.

The only time I ever see anyone play games like that are retards who are on the internet 24/7. Anyone normal plays Warzone, Apex, or GTA.

>Unironic localizer troon ITT
Amazing. Oh and go dilate btw.

Attached: 1522864859331.jpg (556x561, 15.23K)

Everything (EVERYTHING) is stealth maximalist culture war.

>Anyone normal plays Warzone, Apex, or GTA.
Sorry, but those niggas that play that shit are obsessed with social media, especially Instagram or Twitter.

8moe still has a fucking general.

>Anyone normal plays Warzone, Apex, or GTA.
That's sort of like drinking the pozzed milk straight from the cow. At least Japanese games have sexy female characters in them from time to time.

This. US translations have been political and meme-y since the 90s.

Attached: tumblr_lvqpu8YBjQ1qd9g7oo1_540.png (510x290, 94.35K)

>but people will make fun of this shit so long it keeps happening.
Uhh... where's the fun part?
And yes "weebs". Because old examples of weird localization, were for games that everyone played. Or rather, there were many different examples across all genres. So everyone could find that old game they remember and laugh at how weird it was. But modern examples of weird localization are all anime styled JRPGs, anime styled visual novels, and anime styled dating sims. Narrow scope that only appeals to weeaboos.

8moe is a fucking dead imageboard and also is a honeypot. No where else is it taken seriously.

>Because old examples of weird localization, were for games that everyone played.
And those games were Japanese.

I'd fuck both

I don't believe that someone in that job role would make the classic "your/you're" blunder. Get fucked, liar

Attached: 175px-GGXRD_Sol_WildThrow2.png (175x237, 37.19K)

Because it's still used as a scapegoat for gaming "journalists" and retards.

Shut up fat

Not everything from japan is automatically a weeaboo product. Did you even read the whole post? Or did you just kneejerk reply to the first sentence you found disagreeable?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY CENSORED THE FATTY
PLEASE SHOW ME

>Because old examples of weird localization, were for games that everyone played.
No, not many played so many platformers or JRPGs either. No one fucking played Bonk and found the difference. These games were for weebs too since every fucking jock or teenager would play sports games or go the arcades.

>Not everything from japan is automatically a weeaboo product.
So what constitutes as a weeaboo product for you? Bring me examples.

Really nigga, whats you smokin?

In just pointing out the irony in that statement. All the earliest games normies hold for nostalgia and iconography were mainly Japanese games made by Nintendo, a Japanese company. Japanese games are just more specialized today than they used to be. But the icons are still around. You're on an anime website btw

Dear diary, there is no end in site to localization fag posting threads hourly. I will not survive winter.

Attached: 1645836201875.jpg (1937x2344, 1.51M)

Most Japanese games are directed at teenagers or lonely men in their apartments. I thought OP's image was mainly talking about crap like Deltarune or other indie shit.

whatever you say poltroon

Attached: amazon_TR_box_02_NES_style.jfif.jpg (578x326, 43.33K)

Attached: Uncensored.png (1024x896, 89.79K)

Bro, I remember Bonk from back in the day. I remember thinking I want to play it. I don't remember exactly where I saw it. Perhaps it was featured in Nintendo Power?(I was subscribed) Or maybe it was available as a rental? I remember seeing Bonk's image often enough to have it etched in my ind, despite never having played the game. Well I did actually try Bonk in like 2000, when I was getting into emulation. It was shit.

If I saw a thing on Bonk in one of these threads, then I would at least be interested. Like, "oh, I remember that game. What the heck, the translation was that bad? lol" It would be fun.

But I'm not going to recognize Pantsu Force Z, released 2017, because I'm not a fucking weeb.

someone commissioned that

All this shit you typed up for a madeup game to justify your retarded reasoning lol.

>All the earliest games normies hold for nostalgia and iconography were mainly Japanese games made by Nintendo
Because you're a fucking American and the requirement to break into your video game market was to market it as an interactive VHS player. You're too young and culturally sheltered to realize games like Wizardry, or Myst, or Elite, or Jet Set Willy hold place in public consciousness if you don't limit your scope to McDonaldland- and yes, that DOES include your precious Japan, whose love of Western Dungeon Crawls is half the reason they had a video game industry to begin with.

>Limited Run Games

Keep supporting retro grifters guys.

>You're too young and culturally sheltered to realize games like Wizardry, or Myst, or Elite, or Jet Set Willy hold place in public consciousness if you don't limit your scope to McDonaldland
No one cares or remembers these games, even /vrpg/ doesn't discuss Wizardry that much. I'm glad Japan improved on their formula though.

Not gonna read, but I'd be more ashamed to play as the thing on the left

>people who defend localization are always people who hate "weebshit" and anime and want to destroy it
every time

Earthbounds advertising was just as shit but i guess it doesnt really count since it was the 90s

I'm sorry for not remembering your weeaboo games. Let me scroll up.
Let's see.... Saga Frontier. Atelier. and Gotta Protectors. Yeah, I'm sure those games appeal to the same audiences that play Final Fantasy, Zelda, and Animal Cross. Yep, no difference in demographics at all.

>"Uhhh bro...This Japanese game? It's CRINGE and for WEEBS!"
Who are you trying to impress? I'm more embarrassed on how you're trying to justify shit translations and go on a schizo rant where everything that is weeb sucks or people who advocate for it are nerds. The more you talk, the more it feels like you don't even belong here at all when 90% in the catalog are the "weebshit" you hate.

When have I ever tried to justify a bad translation? Just because I find your complaining annoying, that doesn't mean I think your complaining is unjustified. I just think it's annoying, and would rather you not do it around me. You're a bummer.

>90% in the catalog are the "weebshit" you hate.
Wow, dude. How many filters do you have on right now? Because we are NOT looking at the same catalogue.

Cool, so I guess if we complain about the right games then, you're not gonna say much, right? I'm sure if I complain about Triangle Strategy, Fire Emblem or Animal Crossing (all of which sold millions and are popular), you're not gonna complain and say it's for weebs?