Was Sega of japan butthurt about Mania's success?

weren't there rumors about a cancelled sequel? Did it got scrapped because chink suits were mad about american's being more successful than them?

Attached: EGS_SonicMania_Lab42_S5-1360x765-31b5379f91e2451e57e0273339bf68b8.jpg (1360x765, 358.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_NfxzHs2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> Did it got scrapped because chink suits were mad about american's being more successful than them?
thats just a meme. even IF they were jealous they know crassic prints money
it got scrapped because sega is extremely incompetent

Sequel was never happening. Sonic Mania wasn't supposed to be a major release it was just supposed to be an ad for Sonic Forces. That's why they were mad about it, it undermined their business strategy.

Or maybe a sequel is not needed and Mania is fine the way it is.

So the suits care more about their vision for the franchise than making money? Shut up retard.

Don’t forget it paid attention to characters that they want you to ignore and forget

keep in mind they are not regular suits, they are old chink suits obsessed with honor

That's a rumour started by the kids who worked on Mania, they went on forums etc after Sega declined to work with them in future.

It wasn't that Sega was butthurt, it's that these outsourced devs were bratty, petulant, demanded far too much (doodz we r teh sonic saviorz, pay us more than wot u pay any programmers for the manhourz NAO), and difficult to work with.

>t. Sega QA

This.
Sega of Japan in the 90s and today is still very much the same company.
It's the same mentality that created the Sega Saturn.

If they did cared about making money. They would give us sonic mania 2

What? No, of course not. Sega of Japan absolutely has no history of resentment towards round eye for doing Sonic better than them. Nope, not at all.

they asked the same people to make sonic origins, so I genuinely doubt SoJ was butthurt and cancelled a sequel out of spite. more likely scenario, SoJ is just retarded and has always been retarded

That's a rumour started by the kids who work at Sega QA

I mean if my shitty indie dev team made a game that sold twice as much as the main entry in the series developed by the AAA team I would be demanding too. They should have work out a solution for both parties

>chink
Painful to see this used incorrectly. It refers specifically to Chinese, like how Gook is specifically Korean, etc.

I understand that you're retarded meme'ing teenagers, but perhaps try not be edgy racists if you can't even get it right. There are other ways to live.

>differentiating between asian people
You have to go back user

eggs dee

It is you who should go back.

That's not what it means, it's not about a vision. Let me try and explain:

- Sonic Forces would have a much longer development time and a much bigger budget than Mania would've had.
- Sonic Mania would've been commissioned as a small retro title to release in advance of Forces, to please older fans and hopefully generate interest in this older fan also purchasing the new Sonic Forces game. That's why the game ends with it connecting directly to Forces. (examples of other companies doing this that I can immediately think of are the Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon and Mighty Gunvolt)
- The people working on Mania were very passionate fans and made what would've been envisioned as a simple low budget project into something really incredible. It became the most critically acclaimed Sonic title in a very, very long time.
- Sonic Forces came out. Everyone hated it. It underperformed (but still performed better than it deserved to), and performed worse than Mania on all fronts: both critically and financially. When an project that's been in development for 3-5 years doesn't meet expectations, but the what-was-supposed-to-be-a cheap 2D retro sidegame that you only considered to be an advertisement for your main project succeeds, you start to shift the blame towards that. "Sonic Mania was responsible for the poor reception of Sonic Forces by being better than it. It wasn't supposed to be better than it. It confused consumers." That's the kind of stuff they're thinking.

back in the day we used to call them azn.
calm down.

...still made a better game than Sonic Team. Sega is fucking retarded if they let them go. Just let them keep doing 2D Sonic games, even in Modern Style, to bridge the time between Sonic Team releases.

>It's the same mentality that created the Sega Saturn.

Quick run down?

>Mania is fine the way it is
Too many returning zones. Not enough brand new stages.

It would not be Mania 2 anymore with more new zones.

they didn't let them go
at least whitehead, tee lopes and hesse are still working with them
dont know about others

I want CD 2

>Sonic Mania would've been commissioned as a small retro title to release in advance of Forces, to please older fans and hopefully generate interest in this older fan also purchasing the new Sonic Forces game
This is what I'm suspecting as well. The original proposal for Sonic Mania was a simple 1 and 2 mobile remake compilation with a small bit of original stuff in it, and it was Iizuka's idea to turn it into its own game. I'm thinking it only got approved in the first place because Iizuka convinced the higher-ups it'd be a good way to fill the gap between releases because Forces was taking so long, and they could advertise Forces to classicfags at the same time on a very modest budget*. There are plenty of them still out there so it's practically a guaranteed return and might even drum up interest in Forces. They most certainly didn't expect this budget 2D game to completely obliterate Forces, but they did capitalize on it for a short while at least so Sega is not completely retarded.

* Hell, Sonic Team originally wanted Infinite to be in the game. The only reason this did not happen was because the Mania devs didn't know anything about him.

Yes, it would be Sonic the Hedgehog 5 but with actual retro graphics/physics, which is better.

>sonic 5
>pixel art
>better

Lmao

yea shit like this looks way better

Attached: 1472399564-3810039356.jpg (1920x1080, 497.52K)

Sprite based paintings. Like Sonic 2 HD.

That's a better idea I suppose. Sonic 2 HD looked fine but honestly just give me pixels.

Reminder that Sonic Mania sold 4x less than Sonic Forces. Pixel art is an indication of indie shit. Even Rush tried to be as 3d ass possible

>>Reminder that Sonic Mania sold 4x less than Sonic Forces
did we ever even get the sales figures for those

Do you have any single fact to back that up ?

Soulless. HD sprites are best.

Attached: i1Gw53R.png (1011x402, 47.96K)

Both you and Sega think too small when it comes to visuals. People who think that everything should stagnate with pixel graphics are the same people who bemoaned that Mega Man 11 wasn't another 8-bit game even though it's vastly preferable to looking like 9 and 10 after such a hiatus.

I believe that 3D graphics can look very good and stylized if people would put effort into their implementation. Look at Arcsys games or, in the realm of Sonic, look at this:
youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_NfxzHs2s

>as 3d ass possible
Then they should've made Blaze thicker

I actually liked Mega Man 11's art style a lot and I was glad they took the risk rather than do another 8-bit style game. The animation was a bit crap but I had no complaints besides that.

Okay, how about "bugman"?

damn this sonic looks good

>HD sprites
I don't think you know what that means

>High definition
>Sprites

Yawn.

>Expecting Sonic Team to make high quality cel-shaded animations

Does look good though.

Attached: 0e3.gif (320x214, 3.32M)

9 and 10 look good, though. 11 looks cellphone-y and low budget. It's probably the only numbered MM game that I would say looks bad.

>9 and 10 look good
They look fine but I wouldn't want Mega Man to just have the same art style forever. Or Sonic, for that manner.

Mega Man 11 is quite literally low budget, but it looks good except for Mega Man's running animation really. The backgrounds in particular are pretty good for the budget

Unironically better

>it got scrapped because sega is extremely incompetent
Who is more incompetent? Sega or Square Enix?

They put a lot of money into Forces, no doubt.

mania sold around 4.5 mil according to a fairly recent sega report

source

According to that same report, Sonic Forces along with Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Football Manager all sold 14 million copies combined. If they have to phrase it like that, that doesn't inspire confidence in how well it sold, but I'd estimate somewhere between 5-7 million. That's not awful, but Mania was a small budget title and Forces took like five years to make. Mania made them a lot more bang for their bucket, guaranteed.

You all look the same to me, gook.

it's over

>racist against asians
>asians created Sonic, the one thing you worship and cherish most

Autists are weird

>Sonic Generations released
>Fun tribute to classic and modern Sonic games
>Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic continue to appear as two separate beings
What the fuck is wrong with Sega and Sonic fans?

Attached: sonic-forces-1-2.jpg (1152x648, 122.57K)

generations made cash

SEGA wants both fanbases but doesn't understand that they hate each other

>What the fuck is wrong with Sega and Sonic fans?
the classic tumor nigger faggots wont accept that sonic fucking changed and they keep fetishizing the idea of classic sonic having no relation to modern sonic in any way even though they are canonically the same fucking nigger and because we live in a shithole climate of agreability and no one wants to make others feel le bad or le left out or whatever bullshit people just dont say anything and zoomies new to the franchise who dont fucking know shit think oh they are both seperate beings fuck mania fuck classic niggers fuck sega
have sex with children
fucking this goddamit they should just split the franchise
ive said it before and i will continue saying it
sega is fucking retarded and should do what capcom did, split the fucking franchise, make an adventure sonic and make a classic sonic universe and keep them SEPERATE with no relation to each other with each one maintaining its aesthetic, composition style, visual style, canon fucking etc
hard reboot the fucking franchise and just do this shit, fuck this absurd faggot timeline fuck generations fuck the time eater fuck this entire past fucking decade of sonic and fuck the retarded redditors that parrot bullshit like "sanic was never shonen"
fucking faggots

>asians created Sonic
They have also ryona raped sonic hardcore, as well.

>asians
>the reason why sonic is at such a lowpoint, made the worst games for the past 15+ years
>westerners
>made the best sonic game of the past 15 years, a decent movie, and great remakes/source ports of those remakes

>Create a whole new spin-off for western studios to fuck around with
>Still tank it because it's not theirs

Chinks are mad that Americans know Sonic better and make better games then Japanese do. Japs big mad and shut it down time and time again.

Attached: 27575.jpg (384x406, 38.68K)

headcanon

>>Create a whole new spin-off for western studios to fuck around with
im not saying repeat the BOOM fiasco, im saying hard reboot the franchise and make one universe that retells everything starting from sonic adventure 1 or 2 and retains that style for the rest of its duration
while on the other side they make another franchise that is basically classic and STAYS classic and starts off from green hill zone
im saying do this to replace the main franchise, not do some autistic spinoff bullshit, thats just a waste of time

I don't disagree, but Sonicfags being angry at Asians is like Starwarsfags hating George Lucas because of those crappy prequels.

Christian Whitehead is Australian.

Those are similar, but I don't think either are unwarranted. While a Japanese did studio create Sonic, that same Japanese studio is responsible for the horrible state this series is in. They've outlived their usefulness.

*headcannon

Attached: 81FPA-yx_400x400.jpg (337x337, 13.6K)

Literally everything interesting about sonic was the result of western intervention in the series.

being western isnt a physical location but rather a state of mind

Attached: 1652271833692.jpg (259x194, 7.83K)

archienigger

>Asking why a Sonic project during the Nagoshi era wasn't treated well
It's because he hated the franchise and thought Sega Team was incompetent. The fact that a bunch of Westerners showed them up made him even more upset

Attached: laughingbrah.gif (272x450, 3.5M)