What is Yea Forums's opinion on the Divinity games?

What is Yea Forums's opinion on the Divinity games?

Attached: divinity os2.jpg (1920x1080, 266.22K)

filtered by character creation. i'm very indecisive and spent like 10 hours in it

OS 2 is actually one of my favorite games because you can play as a skeleton.

Keepin' it together, Yea Forums?

Based playable skeleton enjoyer

Should be standard in all RPGs

You can respec after act 1, stinky.

yeah but everything? like name race everything?

Fun with friends. Legitimately some of the most fun combat I've played in CRPGs too. The RPG systems and character building wasn't as interesting as others in the genre though, and the story and setting were very forgettable.
I can understand why CRPG purists hate them but I have pretty high hopes for BG3 although it didn't have to be called Baldur's Gate and I have no doubt it will be very different from the first two games.

Try to guess

Attached: dcfbhm.jpg (855x352, 87.67K)

No replay value

fun

Probably the most fun coop experience i've had ever, played 2 first and after than 1 felt really old, the plot/characters are good, music is fantastic, gameplay is not shit like other wrpgs, you can interact with the world a lot which is awesome too, my only problem is the difficulty, lone wolf is busted even in tactician, but without it the game feels impossible, going tank + cc polymorph warfare is too busted

It got popular so it's trash according to Yea Forums

I'm too retarded to git gud at the combat so I just gave up, maybe I'll pick it back up again some day.

>good visuals
>writing and humor is hit or miss, more miss than hit in BG3
>The dwarf women are delicious short stacks
Overall pretty good. Dragon Commander was a fun RTS with good singleplayer campaign and going full skeleton was a good time. D:OS 2 is one of my favorite RPGS of all time and has the best turn based rpg combat bar none.

I don't remember if name but I'm pretty sure you can change race too.

>Divine Divinity
Good from what I've played
>Beyond Divinity
Putrid trash
>Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga
10/10 one of the only games I bothered to get all achievements on 360
>Divinity Original Sin
Never played
>Divinity Original Sin 2
Enjoyment diminishes over time but still a solid 8/10

I learned more about the kind of women I'm attracted to by playing this game.

BEESHOP ALEX AND ARGH WAS LAIN BY SEE GULLS

cool

OS2 had a good story but the double shield system was stupid.

I put over 200h on Original Sin 2 and haven't beat it yet

lanky elven beauties?
shortstack dwarwen cuties?
elegant lizard kittens?
stocky yet athletic human jewels?
...or have you also found out that "The Undead are unparalleled in their love-making skills"?

I was pushed away by the writing. Despite the serious subject matter, everyone talks in quips like a Marvel character.

>excellent level design
>excellent sandbox mechanics
>excellent co-op
The only weakness is mediocre writing, and character building could be deeper, but neither really matter because the game is such a fun sandbox.

Attached: swen.png (593x647, 1004.71K)

Played Divinity Original Sin. Got bored of the sluggish rock-paper-scissors gameplay.

are you talking about the literal RPS charisma "battles" or how the actual combat works? am confused desu (although the charisma thing was quite stupid)

Kinda fun, seems they're just doing srpgs now but that's fine.
Belgian humour is a crime against writing but otherwise it's a good time.

A fucking buggy mess. Act 1 is the only good part. Act 2 is only good if you want more things to kill with your builds. There's absolutely nothing more to the game anything past that.

I enjoy but i feel like this game should hold your hands more. I feel sad when i fail quest and do not get full reward or miss some quest which should give me reward.

I have 100 hours in 2 and 90 hours in 1 and haven't finished either one. I was playing coop and we kept restarting to try new builds/mods characters.

They're pretty fun but the beginning of each is a real slog. Especially 2

I liked the first DOS game better than the second one.

I tried to get with that drunk elf but it wasn't going to happen.

Why is 2 considered worse than 1?

The series peaked with the first DS2
It was SOVL overload, going turn based was a mistake.
And an even greater mistake is unironically trying to follow the kafkaesque D&D rulesets that were never meant to be put on a digital platform.

Gear in this game gets outshined fast so don't think about it too much.

Uniques are only worthwhile for their utility.

feel like this is a major problem with most CRPGs these days

Anti-white leftist propaganda

Pathfinder is superior to this garbage in every way.

kEEPIN' IT TOGETHER BREE?

Had no experience with turn based RPG's before a friend convinced me to grab it to play co-op through the story. He is a seasoned ARPG veteran with some turn based experience so that really helped in getting into it.
He got elf assassin and hydro/aero Ifan, while I got ranger Lohse and tank Prince. The original stories of each character seem pretty decent and we aim to finish them along the main story if that's even possible.
We're only halfway through the story and too busy to play recently but it's been a fucking blast for me as a non RPG player. You can tell the effort put into OS2 was not a cash grab and the guys knew what they were doing.

Boring, time consuming fights that rely too much on the meme-tier 'surface' model of gameplay. Also cooldowns and no way to lower them except in very specific builds and circumstances. The writing is also typical Larian cringe.

I like them both. Just wish the phys/magic armor system was different in the sequel. My friend considers 2 to be one of his favourite games so playing it co-op with him made it better. Was jolly.

Kinda wish we did all magic users when we did Honor difficulty

RPG Codex hates it and loves Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Take that as you will.

Can't stop taking itself seriously, panders to trannies, is based on a trash-tier DnD knockoff.
Figures.

How would you build a full 4 man party of magic users?

Yeah, they hate it so much it was their 2017 GOTY.

>Yeah, they hate it so much it was their 2017 GOTY.
Just shows how shitty 2017 was in terms of RPGs, I guess.

I like both

I had fun with it until the friend I was playing with got a girlfriend and was always too busy to play. Fucking normies.

>codex
They had good taste way back when they weren't flooded with zoomers. Now the taste is practically not too different than here.

played this with a friend until we got to the part in act1 where you 1v1 each other in arena. I destroyed him and he ragequit and uninstalled 10/10 game

Couldn't get into 1
2 was actually pretty fun after getting past the dull intro, but the endings really soured me on it, only the share the Source one didn't feel like garbage
Lucian can go suck a hundred cocks

Really uninspired setting, the overarching story and characters are boring as fuck and told in such a disjointed way its like you go off doing side shit for too long to remember any of that shit.

Yea Forums the videogame(s)

I've been through cyseal so many times in both versions that I don't even need a map/quest log anymore.

I really wanted to like them, but the turn based bullshit, the tranime inspired characters and the raw cringe writing really put me off. It's sad that this company got their faggot claws on Baldur's Gate.

yer safe among friends neder ferget it

>Divine Divinity
Great game. 8/10.
>Beyond Divinity
Meh. if it was like DD (that is solo and not being tied to a bloody Death Knight, as well as those battlegrounds), it would be nice.
>Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga
Almost a fantastic game - 9/10, because im a hoarder and storage capacity is lacking.
>any games beyond that
Did not play. I dont like turn-based combat - its slow and boring and exceedingly unrealistic.

Divinity was fine and has almost zero to do with your pic.
Original Sin is pure garbage written by morons. I really tried to play them because of the easy multiplayer, but they were so bad that my friends refused to play after a few hours. When I learnt the devs had decided to rape BG's corpse, my mind was set - really hope it flops and they get bought by Microsoft to work on mobile shit till the end of times.

D:OS1 was ok but at the point where I was locked out of the final part of the game until I collect all star stones or whatever, I quit. Loving D:OS2 so far though. Hydro-Aero chad. Whenever enemies aren't frozen they are stunned, ez pz on tactician. Yes I'm wearing glasses, why wouldn't they exist in a world that has identifying glasses
You can't change race

Attached: 54376.png (361x672, 442.41K)

Is lone wolf okay for a first playthrough?

Sounds like you and your dudebros got filtered hardcore

Yes it's actually easier than a 4man group, I'd say. You will just miss out on companion quests

>Probably the most fun coop experience i've had ever
I guess I need better friends.
Before I know it we've taken on like 5 different "quests" and the whole town hates us because one "friend" constantly tries to exploit (steal) and fails because he sucks.
Meanwhile I'm sitting here with all skills in persuasion and have to watch my retard friend bumble his way into a conversation - fail all persuasion checks - then bumble on to the next conversation to fail at.

Finished the first one on tactics with the friend.
It was fun, but the social coop part was lacking.
I wonder why co-op RPG other than MMO are so rare, looks like a natural habitat to me.
Never started the second one.

>asks about Divinity games
>shows the subseries Divinity: Original Sin
ngmi

No one cares about anything but D:OS

First two chapters are great, the novelty starts wearing off after that.

The whole experience is too unfocused. While I admire the effort that went into making a good co-op RPG experience, it also damaged several other aspects in turn. The companions feel soulless (despite interesting backgrounds and personalities) because the dev had to make sure that every player was able to control everything at any given time. The same goes for how quests resolve in general, and combat feels chaotic and unbalanced due to, ironically, having too many options.

Iktf. Started over so many times too as almost all origin characters. Until I realized when you like an origin character, you shouldn't play as them. Because you never hear them talk, their character gets lost in your usual conversation options and you learn next to nothing about them. When they are a companion you can talk to them and hear their story from their own perspective. I only play custom characters now

Shit story but beautiful and fun game, never finished it though.

lmao when me and my buddy got to that part we were both fucking blasted on a friday night and I think I just asked him how much does he care, he said he kinda wants the win and I said fuck it I concede, so he became champion of the arena or whatever.

Second time I was like ok this time I'll put up a fair fight for shits and giggles but he ended up dunking on me anyway. He's really good for splitting gear between our party and generally a team player so I didn't care much.

He's canonically the designated arena champion for this playthrough while I'm the bossfight shredder outside of that mostly. Good times