ELDEN RING LORE THREAD

Post conjecture based on nothing but sounds cool

Attached: 7E3EA987-E8AF-4E7E-9C4A-DC4E2D3ED9A3.jpg (2272x2160, 562.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Lone Wolf Ashes
youtube.com/watch?v=1z9IG6Rnnac
twitter.com/AnonBabble

required reading for newfriends

Attached: 1650557333637.png (3092x8000, 2.1M)

Based

Any lore explanation for all the zombies? Hollows made sense in DS but idk with ER.

define zombie

Required reading for lore thread newbies

If you find yourself in danger of engaging, simply refer them back to this post. Have fun everyone.

Attached: DoNotEngage.jpg (310x800, 115.82K)

>Marika did 9/11
>Radagon did 7/11
>Miquella is astral projecting in the death-dream
>Godwyn is a gay fish
>Rykard did nothing wrong
>Ranni is a cunt and sent BKs to kill Blaidd+Iji but she still did nothing wrong
>Godrick has never, EVER done anything wrong
>Malenia is the goodest girl to ever dindu nuffin and will be the most beloved character in the gam after the DLC
>Radahn is an GO shill ape and if you dislike the GW you should be happy he is dead
>Morgott did more harm than good to Leyndell and is spiritual a cuckold
>Mohg is literally a cuckold

>"T-THAT'S BULLSH- "
>"H-HEADCA- "
You're all wrong
*leaves*

Attached: factman.jpg (476x453, 23.83K)

I mean the shriveled undead nobles all over the game. why are they undead?

Destined Death was removed from the Elden Ring throwing the cycle of rebirth out of whack.

Does anyone have the pic of Radagon nutting up into the air, transforming into Marika, and catching it in her womb to get impregnated?

Well one of the main story points is that people can't die doesnt mean they don't age

undead is anyone that can't die a proper death (return to the erdtree)

the nobles are Lost in Death and wandering. item text to explain this follows below

---

Greatsword patterned after the black steeple of the Helphen, the lampwood which guides the dead of the spirit world.

The lamplight is similar to grace in appearance, only it is said that it can only be seen by those who met their death in battle

Usher of Death, Rosus, who shows the path to the catacombs throughout the Lands Between, is depicted on this ritual axe.

The dead easily lose their way, and have always been in sore need of a guiding hand.

Summons a group of Those Lost in Death. Three skeletons will appear some distance from the caster and attack foes before disappearing.

The dead have long been left to wander; what they need is leadership

The dead gazed at the skies over the lakes of Limgrave, praying that the dragons' flames would burn them to ash.

The spirits of nobles who, after death, now wander the Lands Between. Surely they were in search of something once - but whatever it was has long been forgotten.

Lol I love this shit.

Attached: ER_Death.jpg (1732x1408, 384K)

no that is not the cause, nor is the founding of the golden order when the undead started to appear more widely (which was after the shattering).

the deathroot is a large cause of undead now

Add this, npcs eternally burning as they can't die
Putrid Corpse Ashes
>Ashen remains in which spirits yet dwell. Use to summon the spirits of four putrid corpses.
>These spirits appear some distance from the summoner. Though their movements are dull and confused, their low moans make them effective at drawing the attention of enemies. True death does not come easily for them.

I still don't necessarily think those items you linked refer to anyone but spirits or even TWLID.
Plenty, and I mean plenty, of people have died regular deaths in TLB.
The nobles case among others is still very strange.

radagon was a mimic tear. his plan was to become marika and usurp her throne, but she broke the elden ring before he could.
>but he has red hair
so did the albinaurics in mohg's domain.
on that note, mohg was "consorting" with miquella parasitically, he learned how to become formless from the mother.

I got a few forQueen Marika since she's my favorite lore character

- Marika and Radagon have always been the same person. She just "releases" him when she needs to play the part of Warrior. But The Greater Will ended up giving him a will of his own and that's why he tried to repair the Elden Ring

- Melina is a daughter of Marika that was somehow produced asexually after she had broken the ring. Because Marika made her in a weakened state, Melina doesn't have a physical form and has to travel inside of a Tarnished Champion's body

-All the wars in the backstory were The Greater Will telling Marika to wipe out the competition (This is all but outright stated in the story)

- Marika and all the Black Knives are literal space aliens since their Numen. This otherworldlyness is why Black Knives are so great at killing Demigods.

Attached: Queen Marika the Eternal.png (640x360, 178.37K)

>Marika and all the Black Knives are literal space aliens since their Numen.
yes, and this is what they look like before taking their human form.

Attached: elden ring asimi.png (338x334, 64.72K)

Who the hell is this and why is there a statue of them in Farum Azula?
>three wolves
Reminds me of Ranni but a statue of pre-doll Ranni being in Farum Azula makes no sense.

Attached: farum azula statue.jpg (1920x1080, 723.71K)

eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Lone Wolf Ashes

Probably the bitch they used to breed all those werewolves in the area.

every female character is Marika

Attached: 1650915905467.jpg (2560x1304, 1.54M)

it's marika, her first church is in the arctic region where the wolf-riding albinaurics live.

>I still don't necessarily think those items you linked refer to anyone but spirits or even TWLID.
>Plenty, and I mean plenty, of people have died regular deaths in TLB.

i dont think you understand, everyone dies. that is inevitable. but to die a *proper* death you must return to the erdtree. if you do not do this you will continue living in some form as an undead, whether that is TWLID, or a zombie, or TLID, or a ghost or whatever they all mean the same thing. they are undead because they can't die a proper death and return to the erdtree

>but why would there be a statue of a narmless tarnished in farum azula?

why would a statue of marika but in farum azula, the beastman/dragon royal city? wasn't she not liked by them?

Fromdrones btfo

Attached: 1652200377832m.jpg (836x1024, 64.95K)

Do you think fromsoft will add horse armor/garb in DLC? So far horseback enemies that I've seen in this game:
>Kaiden Sellsword
>Godrick Knight
>Cuckoo Knight
>Leyndell Knight
>Radahn Knight
>Mausoleum Knight
>Tree Sentinel
>Draconic Tree Sentinel
>Night's Cavalry

the dragon war ended in peace after godwyn befriended them. so much so that maliketh and a tree sentinel are hanging out there.

>still in top 10 almost 3 months after release
holy heckle.... eldenbros we won

Everyone likes Marika. I don't think a single character in the game is said to dislike her. Well, except that Fire Giant.

Ranni and Fia might unironically be Marika in disguise.
>Ranni shares all her goals
>Fia wants to restore her son, Godwyn

dung:

>The heavy, sun-shaped medallion represents both the guidance he once saw, and the ring to which it will one day lead.

goldmask

>Its striking design represents both the brilliant inspiration that once shone upon him, and the vision of a ring that he will surely find at the end of his pursuit.

why is the sun so heavily tied to the mending runes?

the greater will is the sun.

the gw is leading dung eater to make his mending rune?

marika is the one who gives grace, the sun abandoned the land between after the shattering.

Are Rannifags this delusional? If anything, Godwyn would take up his arms to fight for his mother.
Fia doesn't want to restore her son, her goal is to convert his zombie body into a rune of TWLID. It's completely different.

>Are Rannifags this delusional?
yes

these are the same thing

Attached: 1632392803824.png (1848x884, 1.31M)

>putrid corpses never die
>everyone is a zombie, including nobles
>crucified people never die
>Ashes
>Ghosts
That makes a bit more sense I guess.
Really pisses me off how there is just like a random second set of zombies that everyone hates for some reason.
Maybe it's because they specifically can NEVER die a true death once touched by deathroot.
>[319001000] There's no mistake, is there?
>[319001010] Death has left its mark once again.
>[319001020] I'm sorry, I cannot give you your proper rites...
>[319001030] But at least you did not join Those Who Live in Death.
>[319001040] Your soul will return to the Erdtree, in time.
>[319001050] Honeyed rays of gold, deliver this spirit.
Still some unexplained shit, like what happens when you just die in a field somewhere, why do Mausoleum ghosts have a eclipsed sun that wards of destined death if they're not in danger of returning to the roots, why do Haligtree soldiers bury their dead and mourn them.

ZANZIBART...

Those threads were fun. Mexican soap opera tier story the anons came up with.

>like what happens when you just die in a field somewhere,
hopefully you have someone that cares about you and will bury you, or get lucky and die near some roots, otherwise yeah you'll probably become undead at which point hopefully Rosus will guide you to a catacomb

so the story is about a goddess orchestrating her own death, even outsmarting her male self along the way, while using the tarnished as some kind of ace in the hole?

marika doesnt die...

You guys are worse than undertale fans.

>The lamplight is similar to grace in appearance, only it is said that it can only be seen by those who met their death in battle
Maybe this is it, the dead have souls and there is a sort of spirit world where Mariners, or some lamplight-grace or something meet them.

marika is already dead, radagon was a mimic tear who wanted to be a god and tried to steal marika's form to do so. she figured it out and shattered the elden before he had the chance.

see: youtube.com/watch?v=1z9IG6Rnnac

>Marika was going against the greater will but still had her power.
>Marika was the only reason we were being revived when dying.
>Melina is Marika and radagans daughter
>Melina tried to use the frenzy flame to burn the erdtree before she found you, she remarks on the danger it poses, has the 3 finger mark on her left eye and has burn marks on her body
>You were always chosen to become Elden lord, and all the emperyeans were love interests from ranni, to Melina, to Melania (who has cut dialogue calling you beloved companion)
>Melina and ranni are 2 of the same. Ranni's spectral face is Melina, both using the same fade away animation
>Rennala and Marika are your mother in law's and love you dearly and offer you blessings. 1 Torrent, 2 flask, 3 spirit ash bell. 4 guidance of grace, 5 revives, 6 draw strength from runes.

Attached: 20220506_150004.jpg (900x604, 210.76K)

So if releasing RoD will have people going back to getting absorbed into the Erdtree and resurrecting properly again.
Why bother with The Mending Rune of the Death Prince, if TWLID won't be a thing anymore?

Headcanon: Melina and ranni are the same and linked together
>Both of their bodies are burned
>Ranni intentionally burned herself and Melina suffered and lost her body without understanding why
>Both want to end the decrepit age of the Erdtree

Attached: 20220506_150351.jpg (309x900, 87.37K)

>Morgott did more harm than good to Leyndell and is spiritual a cuckold
So you're saying he should have picked a side in the war besides telling everyone to fuck off?

>So if releasing RoD will have people going back to getting absorbed into the Erdtree and resurrecting properly again.

unsealing RoD does none of those things, did you even read the image?

melina is ranni's spirit, elden ring follows the christian body-soul-spirit trifecta.

That would be pretty fuckin neato

No, Melina is her own person, she was just born burned and bodiless due to ranni.
Ranni burned the red tree, thus, a descendant of Marika ends the age of the red tree, while ranni jumpstart a the next age of the moon and stars.

Torrent and Leonard are brothers and Rykard fed his to the snek

Is there a move that creates lamplight?

Well the main plan was probably for Godfrey to set things right, and I bet she didn't expect Radagon to win their fusion dance, but yeah mostly.

The more I look into the death shit the more I think it's real.

Please

no

Attached: 1651594406961.jpg (589x768, 145.88K)

Oh glad you made a lore thread. Anyway, the lore of this game is really all over the place, and the world building doesn't really seem all that well tied together.

Those are draws user, not demerits. What specifically you want to know about?

no? there are lamps in the game though like St. Trina's Torch and Inquisitor's Girandole

possible user!
I was looking into that.
Ancestral clothing says the buds "sprout from their souls" so that was strange to me

Holy shit this makes sense.

But what happened to ranni's?

Attached: Tumblr_l_8933198138243.jpg (750x739, 49.68K)

in japanese it says they are both seedbeds

I'm sick of games dumping their fucking shit in audiologs and built in menu encyclopedias. Elden Rings' story telling of detective work is so much more fun because it doesn't treat you like an idiot. Everyday I'm learning something new that makes me giddy and excited. Everything is so fucking connected that it makes every next playthrough more fun than the last.

they were too busy jerking themselves off over the "insane" plot twist that some red hair guy is actually marika that they forgot to give their main female character any content lmao

>>Melina tried to use the frenzy flame to burn the erdtree before she found you, she remarks on the danger it poses, has the 3 finger mark on her left eye and has burn marks on her body
That's interesting. It'd also explain how she knows about the dangers of Frenzy since no one else in the world even mentions it.