TUNIC

Kino coming thru

Attached: tunic-analisis-1647432857094.jpg (1600x800, 277.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/c6lNAefHVsY
youtube.com/watch?v=DH2HcSHwDfw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it does zelda better than zelda so Yea Forums hates it

What makes it different from Zelda? Genuine question, whenever I see people talk about or play this game I just see comparisons to Zelda.

There's 3 things to the game
First, it plays like zelda a link to the past, but if the combat was not as shallow.
Second, it has the puzzles and secrets of a game like FEZ
third, the manual that you build along the game is kino
simple as

Switch port?

Also you can straight up make your own route to finish the game, so it's also like a metroidvania.
Where you can beat the entire game without even picking up either the sword, shield, stick, magic items or shit like that

First half is a mix of Zelda/dark Sould ( yeah), but with cool exploration and a booklet mechanic to help finding secrets.

second half the games becomes a mix of Fez/The Winess. All that with one of the best OST ever.

Easily the best indie game in 22.

Switch port when?

>hey wanna do textures for 100% of the game or just 10% of the game?
>TEN PERCENT BRO
>IT'S INDIEEEE
>don't you think people will see it as lazy
>NAH DUDE WE'LL SAVE MONEY AND ZOOMERS DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT, JUST 30+ YEAR OLDS HATE THAT SHIT MOSTLY
>10% it is

it looks fun but i'm not buying it on that principle alone. please refrain from calling me a retard or faggot for having an opinion : )

>reddit/tumblr art style
>totally not shameless link furry ripoff xhe character
dropped

I don't even understand your complaint

Twonic when?

Attached: FSByT-FXMAEV5uy.jpg (1366x697, 134.84K)

>598583967
>598583995
>I haven't played the game, BUT HERE'S MY OPINION ANYWAY.
Not giving you the (you) faggots.

Attached: PlayinTUNIC.png (1316x884, 1.35M)

Its cute but I'm not a fan. I never played the old Zelda games so maybe I just don't have the nostalgia for it.
But I'm just not feeling inspired to explore or anything. I got the sword and shield and exored the well. But it just feels boring and meaningless. I'm not drawn in.

I wouldn't say it's a bad game. It just doesn't have that spark to it.

>Second, it has the puzzles and secrets of a game like FEZ
You unironically deterred me from this game. I hated the fuck out of FEZ's obtuse puzzles.

the manual is the only reason why this game is a GOTY, if not for that it would be just another zelda clone.

Hopefully announced tomorrow

I dont get the charm.
It's annoying and obtuse at best. A funny gimmick but annoying to deal with.

They are all for the secret ending, and a bunch of other goodies you can get thru natural exploration
The main game up to the final boss is the zelda part

Doesn’t lead to any cute Zelda fanart.

Good

The music is comfy as fuck!

youtu.be/c6lNAefHVsY

Attached: 1652049194102m.jpg (1024x728, 153.8K)

if you have grown up with the manuals in video games you would understand.

How hard are the puzzles?

I grew up with a physical manual that was easily within reach and easily searchable. Not this utter nonsense.

It's a cute gimmick, then you realize you need to virtually dig through a badly made manual to find the maps.

if you have a brain the puzzles are easy

Most of the puzzles range from easy to moderate, only the very end game gets hard
There are 2 secret languages in the game
1 is to read all of the manual and weird characters in game (You only need to know the language for exactly 1 puzzle and the arg, but it helps for others)
And another language that's arg exclusive

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE, IS IT THE FISH? I SWEAR IF IT'S THE FUCKING FISH I'M GONNA LOSE IT. I'VE GONE THE ENTIRE GAME SO FAR WITHOUT LOOKING UP A SINGLE THING, NOT ONE. IT'S TAKING A LOT OUT OF ME TO ASK HERE WHEN I'VE DONE LITERALLY EVERYTHING 100% BY MYSELF UP TO THIS POINT, BUT THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE. THE FLOWERS? THE SCRATCHES IN THE TREE ARE IDENTICAL TO THE OTHER MODELS. THE ROOTS OF THE TREE ARE IDENTICAL TO OTHER TREES. THE ISLAND SHAPE? WHAT THE FUCK, PLEASE GIVE ME A HINT. AND IF YOU TELL ME IT'S THE FISH I'M GONNA FUCKING MURDER SOMEONE.

Attached: 1611930516803.png (649x681, 620.6K)

No you retarded faggot because your opinion sucks :^)

Are you in the West Garden?

It's the flowers.

It's the NUMBER of flowers.

I beat it with a friend 100% without looking at a guide.
If you care to elaborate i can give you a hint

some retard on stream was counting fishes

Walking through the world not being able to read anything reminded me of my trip to Norway. Good times!

Attached: road-signs-on-cyprus-D44AT3.jpg (866x1390, 295.13K)

Pissouri sounds like someone came back from Missouri and had a bad experience.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 7797468675.png (2555x1425, 2.81M)

>only 8 bottles

Attached: 31224.png (800x450, 343.78K)

this guy gave you the answer it's a different kind of puzzle than the ones you've found yet
if you have used the holy cross, you only need 4 inputs

Reading the instruction manual for the first time.

Attached: images (1).jpg (259x194, 9.59K)

>watching some guy who found the changing room while he was a ghost and spent 20 minutes trying to solve the "puzzle" then later wondered by some of his items were a different color

>pozzed by troons
YIKES all interest lost

I only looked up how to get Secret Treasure 4 sense you have to translate for that and I was getting impatient, everything else I did on my own. Fun game

maybe 6, i don't remember 100%

Think of the tree as the center of your holy cross, the flowers are the key

>soulshit
>not missing the point of zelda

If it comes out on the Switch, I may get it. If not, maybe I'll get it on PC, but all of my time on there has been spent on Elden Ring.

>>pozzed by troons
QRD?

that's because nu zelda is asscreed.

>Start
>settings
>Audio
>Music [I - - - - - - - - -]
>Ambiance [- - - - - - - - - I]
>Effects [- - - - I - - - - -]

Attached: 48fwwztmk3c41.jpg (912x1024, 71.21K)

: (

the character is a "they" pronoun lmao

Attached: 10052022204747.jpg (800x360, 49.65K)

Attached: 052022210202.jpg (600x306, 52.75K)

>Ran through the entire lower miasma without the scavenger’s mask
>Didn’t realize the blue flames were save points, thought I soft-locked myself into a late game area
But I kept pressing through without ever using a guide. I felt like a kid again before I had access to the internet. Back then book-fair game guides were all we had, this game made me feel that sense of wonder older SNES games gave me. I haven’t played Elden Ring since I picked this gem up, I’m having a blast. Criminally underrated.

Attached: B12A5BA7-EDA3-4176-A541-7A6FEE15EB9C.jpg (850x1024, 84.33K)

the short range of the sword makes combat obnoxious

>Ran through the tomb without the lantern, only looking at the map in the manual and got to west garden
>picked up the lantern last
felt good

>game is like 4 hours long
>dungeons are only a couple rooms tops
>puzzles are either braindead easy or hyper complex trace-the-line of the surroundings bullshit, no in-between
Crosscode has the real Zelda dungeons, Tunic is Zelda in visuals alone.

LOL, nevermind even pirating this game then. Every Western developer has become a faggot one way or another it seems. First Fight Knight and now this shit

Impressive, very nice.

Attached: 37FD6CF9-3AE3-42FB-9CCC-999A433F1BB1.jpg (540x484, 25.52K)

>it's annoying and obtuse at best
ah I see using words you don't know how to use is your rebuttal, got it. you know, manuals back in the day helped you understand the lore of the game more, but that's ok that's too "annoying" or "obtuse" what a fucking potato-brain

>graphics
eh the low poly is meh but could be worse
>music
Expected more SNES style fantasy than modern synth
>gameplay
combat is ok, but I am so tired of souls combat. Switching between items like throwables and consumables is not doable unless you're super fast. I think pausing the game would've been better.
>puzzles
So far so good. It's fun to explore and solve puzzles based on intuition. Some are more obtuse, though.
>manual
I think it's a neat idea to create such manual, but it does leave me wondering whether they made it obtuse on purpose to make the game seem more deep. Overall it's worth a try going in blind.

>make it obtuse on purpose to make the game seem more deep
I mean it worked for Dark Souls 7

>>game is like 4 hours long
Wrong

>but it does leave me wondering whether they made it obtuse on purpose to make the game seem more deep
so lorefags like MatPat can eat more.

>tunic only 4 hours
yeah, sure pal

Attached: 1645734556271.jpg (590x525, 48.73K)

>the symbols are an actual language
kino
>you have to translate that shit entirely by hand
I will literally murder someone.

play the game before engaging in this kind of discussion, I got all the manual pages my dawg

that's not the end lol

so what am I missing if I've gotten all the pages and gotten the good ending?

He 100% watched a streamer play it, I guarantee he doesn’t even have the game downloaded. Imagine how stupid the average user is, in reality they’re even dumber than that.

play the fucking game

You used a guide. Doesn't count.
Going in blind is confirmed 10+ hours

I know. I mean he's a zeldafag. Zelda is a shit game series. He's just defensive.

If you actually did get all the pages then you know exactly what you're missing.

Any1 else watched Jon Blow play it? It was Kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=DH2HcSHwDfw

Attached: 1630189737312.jpg (1200x1119, 161.05K)

I did, zero possibility you beat it in 4 hours you fucking faggot.

>troonic

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING? i thought it would be a wholesome game.

Attached: ohshit.jpg (291x604, 34.15K)

It's the dilator, it's very scary...