Late 1800s cowboy has the same politics as a 2020s californian game dev

>late 1800s cowboy has the same politics as a 2020s californian game dev
huh what are the odds

Attached: arthur morgan.png (1024x1448, 2.09M)

Arthur is getting mad pussy while you're making threads of Yea Forums. Who's the real loser?

>broken buck
>sneeded the same seed as a sucked and fucked Chuck
Huh what are the odds

>The Civil Rights Movement started in 1954
>Therefore everybody before then MUST have been just as fun to be around as me!
Why are you living your life being so angry all the time?

chuds are so embarrassing

Every single character in this game was annoying, like what a basedtranny thinks a rough man behaves like.

>well so what if a married woman wants to get with a black bull? She’s got needs and any honest fella would respect that

Most overrated „game“ of all time

Attached: A2978C4F-4AB9-48F9-9523-F48A063F89AD.jpg (438x438, 39.97K)

I married an Asian girl because I don't want tranny sons.

Attached: 1651990207415.jpg (1080x621, 89.51K)

Not everyone born pre-1960 was a racist. If they were then blacks would still be enslaved.

this, however, unironically.

> not being racist = leftist
okay

Not everyone was happy about it, if they were there wouldn't be racism

Get the fuck over it, even though it was the wild west that doesn't mean everyone was racist pieces of shit like you. Imagine being such a fucking loser you would whine about your own personal politics not being supported in a video game.

>Why wasn't my cowboy born in the north raised by a idealist robin hood like crook who got his ideals from a Yale nerd fit my world view?

So racists are, by your logic, coping and seething

Sadly this.
The reality is probably a middle point between what the game depicts and how most believe it was.

The game is also about a band of extraordinary missfits, not ordinary people. So there is that as well.

We all have to accept women won, they liberated them, they liberated themselves, and they own the world now.

So you're saying that some people are racist and some people aren't?

Attached: 1652233842066.png (1000x1000, 65.78K)

Are we really still having this fucking conversation 4 years later? Or is it just one autist obsessed with this issue?

It's /pol/ whining about how the game wasn't overly racist and misogynistic, while being so fucking dumb they have no idea about the time and the huge cultural changes.

>The reality is probably a middle point between one lie and another lie
you're retarded

>Blatantly ignore historical attitudes
>Write characters that conform to your political bias
>Call it historical fiction
>Retards don't know the difference
>They believe the little lies in misc. entertainment media
>Societal attitudes are changed
It must be pretty easy being a lefty propagandist.

Attached: 1651523994000.gif (498x350, 2.61M)

he is right

this

Rockstar North is Scottish and Arthur was raised by the son of a Union soldier who hated the confederates for killing his father.

Dutch hates the capitalist industrialist machine because of it how strips people of their freedom and runs a gang of people from all different backgrounds to steal from the rich and outrun the inevitable takeover of civilisation. Dutch and his gang only work if he’s a libertarian leftist and Arthur follows along. I hate woke shit being forced into media but if you don’t see how the politics serve the story in red dead 2 you’re retarded

Attached: E981645C-E032-4FCD-AF06-57DC958B3CC0.jpg (520x589, 39.96K)

>waaahhh ahh bloo bloo why wasn't everyone racist and hateful ahhh waaahhh why wasn't it about my own personal politics and they made fun of confederates and the kkk and it hurt my fee fees so bad omg
That's what you sound like

>...

Attached: 1599952304418.jpg (680x680, 60.14K)

pretty sure thats how you sound like, since you posted that

Arthur literally doesn't have any political views, racism has nothing to do with politics.

>Rockstar North is Scottish and Arthur was raised by the son of a Union soldier who hated the confederates for killing his father.
Understandable.
>Dutch hates the capitalist industrialist machine because of it how strips people of their freedom and runs a gang of people from all different backgrounds to steal from the rich and outrun the inevitable takeover of civilization. Dutch and his gang only work if he’s a libertarian leftist and Arthur follows along. I hate woke shit being forced into media but if you don’t see how the politics serve the story in red dead 2 you’re retarded
>It doesn't reflect my own ass backwards and antiquated political and social views so its bad
Grow the fuck up.

I think people would have less of a problem with it if the game didn't go out of it's way to tell you how open-minded the mass-murdering criminal protagonist is at every opportunity.
The quest where you free slaves is cool because his views (slavery is wrong) are shown through actions rather than told with words.
But expecting subtlety from Rockstar is pretty silly.

Attached: x4njzykzh3f81.png (1000x801, 501.36K)

Wow! It's almost like history repeats itself often. It's almost like most political issues are deep rooted and play out over many generations and their affects are still seen hundreds of years later.

>mad pussy
The love of his life is too proud to fuck him and he’s too proud to fuck whores. Arthur is a simp.

>n-no u
Didn't see that coming.
> racism has nothing to do with politics.
RETARD ALERT RETARD ALERT, yes it does.

why does /pol/ act like california is some illuminati boogieman controlling everything they think is wrong in their lives?

you know you play the bad guys right?
what did the mean by that when arthur is the bad guy?

Attached: 1651160859565.gif (290x595, 2.23M)

>anonymous on Yea Forums has the same politics as a 4,000,000 B.C. ape
huh what are the odds

Attached: chromatically aberrated slut.png (385x382, 240.3K)

Annd this game shows that this kind of communal no government utopia shit is unlikely to work with Dutch basically turning into a power hungry schizo and crumbling that shit to dust.

Because they always need a boogeyman. Look at the people waving nazi flags at disney because they aren't homophobic and racist enough.

>slavery practiced for thousands of years
>people suddenly decided it is wrong
>freed slaves descend into urban barbarity and commit the majority of crimes while shunning any of their own who manage to rise above the self imposed ignorance and helplessness
Really makes you think…

Arthur is really open minded, he just doesn't give a fuck most the time

two lies don't make the truth

Meet in the middle? Dutch is right that the excesses of the current system are wrong, but runs to the extreme at the opposite end which is also clearly wrong.

>now, Dutch, I know I'm not perfect.
>I've stolen lifetimes worth of money and jewelry, killed scores of men. Most of them being rightly innocent men. I've tortured people. Beaten men half to death just for a couple bucks. Why, I've ruined more lives than I can count, with me being so uneducated and all.
>...but something about that word just ain't right.

Yeah which I think is a good message. Modern capitalist society today is fucked, but trying to go all commie and buying an island with no government is a retarded plan also

Arthur is the typical "good guy deep down" archetype and he's written to be as likable as possible despite being an outlaw mass murderer. unless you try to play him as a total evil piece of shit all the way which clearly isn't canon to the story Rockstar wants to tell.

>keep a group of people isolated, uneducated and alienated from your society for hundred of years
>suddenly give them access to travel but still bar them from participating in any other part of society
>be surprised that they didn't immediately become functioning members of a society that literally won't accept them

Really makes you think

What about the crimes that white people and other races did? What about the white outlaw gangs that were not only slaughtering white people, but native Americans and immigrants?
And the part where Dutch shits on the formation of America and calling all of the settlers losers that didn't even fit into their own society, then engaged in the brutal genocide of innocent people. While also spreading disease, raping, and killing. Then we get some inbred hicks to lazy to do their own shit that fought a losing war against their own country trying to own other human beings as yard equipment, or something to go out into the slave quarters and fuck when the wife or sister wasn't putting out that night.

don’t mind if I do

they'll hate you for telling the truth

The truth is nothing has substantially gotten better since 1899 so yes, progressive ideals are still the same

I was the kid that went to field trips to Jamestown,VA as a kid and thought "This is actually pretty fucked up".

I’m not defending Dutch’s ideology, he’s the villain of the story, I’m just explaining why it makes sense and isn’t some woke game dev inserting their own political views into the game.

Even when a games villain is depicted as a leftist /pol/niggers will fucking seethe over the fact it’s even being depicted at all. How much “online political discourse” caused brain damage do you have to sustain to think someone explaining a video game villains motives is them making a political stance

>Jim Crow abolished
>gays rights accepted by the vast majority of people
There’s two solid victories right there

And then Dutch proceeds to rob and kill across the frontier.

So that just makes everything irrelevant? Bullshit.

>Every single character in this game was annoying
GTAV had this problem too. Not a single likable character.
I don't think rockstar has any of their old writers anymore.

I’m saying again that he diagnosed the problem but used it as moral justification for his own continuing of the same behavior.

>I don't think rockstar has any of their old writers anymore.
They don't, they all left.

He's not supposed to be a "cowboy", he's basically in a social libertarian anti-industrialist personality cult.

Attached: quattro.jpg (258x322, 20.93K)

It doesn't really bother me that much. I'm just aware that you should take an artist's biases into consideration. A lot of people fail to realize that all works of fiction and non-fiction are distorted in some way by their creators perspective.

Attached: 1644681545892.gif (212x212, 1.02M)

I really miss quality Arthur posting, shit was hilarious when the game came out, wish I had saved it all.

Yeah, we all know that Dutch was hypocritical as fuck.
And what's your definition of a Cowboy? And hard mode, you can't mention anything about politics and social politics relating to today.

Well mine’s not quality, I just just wanted to do some cuck shitposting

It's not about my definition of a cowboy, it's pretty clear OP is implying he thinks he's supposed to be some kind of John Wayne stereotype.

Hahaha, that's what I thought.

All three protagonists are on the verge of being likable, but not quite there.
Franklin is sort of the nigga with a conscience who notices how retarded the other niggas are and so ends up going off to live in isolation. But that's basically it.
Michael is the family man that you can relate to, but he doesn't get much beyond that either. The game can't make him really interesting.
Trevor is the insane with principles, but the game shits on the character too making scenes where he acts like a total psychopath.

You realize America had it's first president to have never owned slaves before the timeframe RDR2 takes place, faggot.