Urgent message from Dr. Sattler

>Urgent message from Dr. Sattler
>Urgent message from John Hammond

Attached: Jurassic_Park_Operation_Genesis_Cover.jpg (316x316, 36.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZbhdQdJX4u8
youtube.com/watch?v=xjpWlBwHwek
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw no Alien Isolation -style JP game
Dinobros, it hurts

every disk i bought off ebay for the game was broken

Why is it so much better than Evolution ? I miss when games were simpler.

too much put into the visual department, not enough put into making a fun gameplay experience. also I can't be the only one who prefers building on a grid where everything is easy to line up to building freeform.

Yeah, building on a grid was easier, everything felt better.

I enjoy Evolution but it went TOO hard on the management shit in 2. Game feels like a job to play

The SNES game had the first person night vision raptor enclosure which was spoopy

That's my probem with every management game now. Too much shit to take care of, and the crowds love it cause they feel hardcore with that shit while it's just tedious.

I just said fuck it and got the mod that unlocks everything. I only enjoy Sandbox mode anyway

Closest you can get is Trespasser, and that game is an unfinished mess.

Besides Operation Genesis, the IP is sorely lacking in having good video game adaptations despite having so much potential to do so.
People will probably reply to me with the SNES game, the Telltale game, Evolution, and maybe even the DOS game, and those are all okay, but not nearly as good as the franchise deserves.

>too little management is too simple compared to old games
>too much management is a job to play
Pick one, man.
I like jwe2’s management.
Its the right amount for me, especially as they keep adding QoL shit like automating medical teams and shit.

>too little management is too simple compared to old games
Didn't say that my friend, must be another user.
I'm the guy saying "I miss when games were simpler"

My prob with JWE 1 and 2 is that all there is to do is build a park but you have an extremely limited amount of buildings and an abysmal amount of decor to choose from. Ontop of that the dinos just arent interesting to watch. They look good but there isnt anything to them once you pop them out of the hatchery

Well the other Frontier games have better amounts of buildings but you have to be a fucking blender expert to do anything with them.

>too much shit to take care of
Maybe management sims aren't your thing.
I want sim city where I can control every aspect of every single sim's existence down to them taking a shit.
That would be cash.

I haven't played JWE2 yet, but I know in the first game you just print money from the minute you get two gallimimuses (gallimimusi?) and you can literally let a T-Rex roam the park eating tourists, and you only lose a single star rating.
Then after a certain point all you're doing is breeding new dinosaurs to replace the ones that die while you wait for timers to run out.

>Maybe management sims aren't your thing.
They were before when I was younger, but they changed.
You're partially right though, management games aren't really my thing, but I still feel like they changed a lot through the years, with developers adding more and more shit to take care of in order to flex, or appearing hardcore, it's almost like it's a selling argument now.
Management games are not about atmopshere, graphics, story or whatever, they're more about actions per minutes now.
I miss Pikmin, ActRaiser, Jurassic Park Genesis, etc...
Even Theme Hospital was funnier than Two Point Hospital, I always prefer the old versions of these games.
But yes, maybe I shouldn't be the one dictating the direction of management sims. But you know we're just talking.

When are you fuckers gonna add megalodon? I don’t care if it’s not accurate or whatever, I want big shark

>one gallimimus eats the wrong tree and gets gastric poisoning
>hammond is there within the second to scold me before ellie's message even comes in

Attached: 1613662861782.jpg (640x628, 39.64K)

Are you guys gonna see Dominion? It’s probably a day 1 pirate for me, I didn’t like the last one that much

>and that game is an unfinished mess.
um excuse me, I believe the term is "kino"

Evolution was unironically aimed at the kind of women who bought those petz and nintendogs games. Nowhere near enough autism to maintain a dedicated (male) playerbase.

The VR game is the closest thing that exists, but it's a very slow, plodding walk in the park really.

I didn't care for any of the reboot movies.
Don't really like the original sequels that much either.

Attached: malcolm.jpg (550x400, 39.61K)

We all agree that the plot for the latest movie is gonna be stupid as fuck, right?

>on PC you start with $150,000
>on PS2 you only start with $60,000

why

They need to lean into the stupid and just give us dino riders or dinotopia already.
I mean for fucks sake the last movie had the super-mega-raptor wink at the fucking camera.
I think everyone has given up on this shit even pretending to make sense.

Attached: dino riders 1.jpg (4000x2500, 2.05M)

Isn't there already a Megalodon mod out?

The funny thing is they are treating this as an extinction level event...for some reason

on PS2 you can only unlock 3/9 digsites, on unedited ini file PC/xBox you get 5/9

Was it just a memory thing or what?

>tyrannosaurs
>stegosaurus
>perasaurs
>apatosaurus
>dimetrodon = dinosaurs???
>co-existing

>written and directed by australia
The fact is, we're super good at killing animals.
The bigger the better.
Ice age Megafauna went extinct partly because of a global climate shift, and partly because grug was chasing herds of mammoth off cliffs.
I also like how the sequel novel crichton wrote a big plot point was the issues of small breeding populations and unsocialized animals leading to a collapse of their ecosystem.

I'm thinking of picking up the Jurassic World Evolution bundle. I've not played Jurassic park games since something on the SNES or the Lego title.
How's the games?

Congratulations, you just found a flaw in the logic of dino-riders.
The nobel committee wanted me to let you know that you will be receiving ALL the nobel prizes this year.

If there is, please point me to it. I actually haven’t looked at any mods for the game yet

Name every good jurassic park game

Also, he had the first island firebombed in the first novel. JP was never meant to be anything more than a one-off but Spielberg wanted another novel that he could adapt. Man, I wish someone would do a faithful adaptation of the novels.

Pretty to look at. The 2nd game basically has all the content of the 1st one but doubles down hard on the park management and dino illnesses which is anti-fun to me. Sandbox mode is the only part I really enjoy

All the stuff that got cut from the script of the first movie found its way into the sequels.
And while the lost world (book) wasn't great, the high hide chapter was tense as fuck to read when I was like 14, and one of the main characters spends like 25% of the book just reading all the hate mail Crichton got from paleontologists about things he got wrong.

I mean, he makes it a point in the novel that what is on the island are not dinosaurs. Not even close.

kek

I take it back, one thing they missed out on from the original book was Genaro and Muldoon broing it up driving across the island trying to wrangle all the dinos back into their enclosures.

It had little but did a lot.
I'm shocked it only had like four attractions. You'd think they'd throw more generic themepark rides in, even a prebuilt coaster like the Legoland game.

Can't you just play Dino Crisis and be happy with it? I do know what you're saying, though.

I think he wants a pseudo-photorealistic first person horror game.
No Dino Crisis comes close to that.
Even just an Amnesia clone with ONE velociraptor would be cool. There was an old 15-minute indie game called like "1913" or some thing that was "you're in the trenches in ww1, and raptors attack." I recommend that to anyone looking to scratch the itch.

have you guys heard of compound facture?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbhdQdJX4u8

Anyday now...

So basically Evolution 1 is better.
Will I enjoy it if I haven't played tycoon sims since RCT1?

>142 views
I think you know damn well nobody here has heard of this. Looks alright though

Maybe you’ll enjoy it, I liked it enough to unlock everything in the 1st game and I too had only played RCT1 and the OG Zoo Tycoon. I’ve always loved dinosaurs though so I’m a bit biased

People like sucking this game's dick all the time, but it was as dumbed down as the new ones.

Dino Crisis is a more classic type of survival horror, it works great for a dinosaur game but I don't think it would be the best for a Jurassic Park game.
One key factor in all JP movies is that the main characters never have acess to firearms for long and that it's mostly running away or hiding the dinos. The isolation gameplay would work great with a few improvements.

Everyone fucking loves dinosaurs. I've yet to meet a person who hated dinosaurs. What kind of sick fuck hates dinosaurs?

every building is unique, there aren't any repeats (other than the viewing vent/viewing dome being kinda similar) so when you finally unlock, for example, the safari adventure and get to build an enclosure based around it it feels like an achievement.

JWE2 leans why too hard on management and designer bullshit. It barely feels like a dinosaur game until you actually look at the dinos....which have very little interaction after spending dozens of hours managing numbers, niggers, buildings, and park boutique. The menus, music, and gameplay, just doesn't compliment the dinosaurs... in a dinosaur game.
That said, modding is super strong out the gate and I look forward to the definitive edition with 500+ mods.

Attached: 1645326379337.jpg (2560x1440, 1015.82K)

Yeah but my point is that it's, off the top of my head, just
>the viewing dome
>the viewing platform
>the viewing tower
>the viewing balloons
>the jeeps
Two sets of two of those are basically the same exact thing.
Just throw like a ferris wheel or a premade square rollercoaster in there.

I tried downloading the megalodon mod just now and it makes my game crash every time I try to view it in the database :(

Some schizo retards and arch-contrarians.

>Just throw like a ferris wheel or a premade square rollercoaster in there

Attached: anon buys a can of beans.png (1200x1368, 1.58M)

It's not too much to expect. In fact, it's exactly what to expect.
Even in the first film, Hammond went over other activities that you could perform in the park like educational centers for kids. Why is there no Activity Center to build? No Fossil Dig Site like other real life dinosaur-themed parks have? Even if you go to parks like Sea World, they have things like electric eel-themed rollercoasters.

just imagine all of that stuff is taking place inside the park entrance buildings

That's dumb.
You can't fit a coaster in there!

fuck off frontier

Never happens because i treat my dinos well. I research all vaccines and cures early, sell starter dinos when i had the chance too

Yeah I unironically found this a long time ago while I was scouring for dino games. I remember when people were saying that dino crisis was going to get a remaster/remake, around that time I believe. There's also another ""game"" (read: probably vaporware) called The Lost Wild which has the premise most anons want. Also I had genesis on the memebox, did anyone else?
youtube.com/watch?v=xjpWlBwHwek

>dad and step mom come to visit with one of her nephews
>I meet them at sea world in san antonio
>there is literally no one in line for the the roller coasters
>my dad and I go on it like six times in a row just because when do you ever get a roller coaster with literally no line
>have the wrist band for free food and drink in the park
>spend rest of the day eating my body weight in turkey legs and elephant ears
>get to see shamu
Unfortunately this was only a few years ago, so you didn't get the full shamu show. But it was really cool seeing something that big.