Mario Strikers Battle League is SOULLESS

>Super Mario Strikers intro cutscene:
youtu.be/i5ll5UpUjjs

First entry in the series on Gamecube, maintains a football theme but with the Mario universe and its own touch of chaos in the focus. Tone is light and happy but you can still tell that the explosions, Chain chomp and hits against the electrified wall hurt, mainly thanks to the sound effects and direction. Different stages and locations are shown, so you're not bored. Crowd and stadium ambiance can be felt.

>Mario Strikers Charged Football intro cutscene:
youtu.be/XBinxNwAN5s

Second installment in the series. Next Level Games is given a free pass to go off the rails with everything from the post-apocalyptic atmosphere to the angry side of the characters, the crowd even, the total and violent chaos on the wide array of stadiums and locations, the ball being made of metal etc. Sidekicks like Toad and Boo shine with their own unique properties (Toadsuper strike fire ball burning Kritter's hands and Boo passing through opponents with the ball) A tad too edgy feel for mere football however, due to the design choices (armor, bowser claws) but it drives the point home of being a football game only in name and makes Charged the most unique sports spin off the Mario series has ever seen.

>Mario Strikers Battle League intro cutscene:
youtu.be/TZapJ7dZ1sc

Third installment in the series after almost 15 years.
Reverts to a safer depiction of the Mario universe, more futuristic and stylized. Keeps the armor designs. Crowd is barely noticeable. Somehow, the movements feel less energetic than in the two previous trailers, and even a bob-omb exploding on Bowser doesn't shake the stadium for example. The weird still on Rosalina before she hits Luigi tells you that it's still Strikers in essence, but without the chaotic feel of the GC game nor the edginess of the second. DK's megastrike, despite making Boom-Boom struggle, doesn't feel that powerful. No stadium variety, so it looks stale.

Attached: that'll be $60 + paid DLC please understand Nintendo is a small indie company.jpg (1080x587, 232.75K)

I will not read all that

Another schizo nitpicking on details. The game is not even out, while the roster is disappointing the gameplay looks just fine. Stop trying to force a TORtanic situation with every new game that gets announced on the switch. It gets boring

The direct trailer alone was enough to tell what was going to happen, reminder:
>it doesn't need to be fast
>it doesn't need to be violent
>it doesn't need to separate itself from other Mario sport games
>it doesn't need to have sidekicks
>it doesn't need to have Kritter/Kremlings as goalies
>it doesn't need to have different stadium locations
>it doesn't need to have spacious stadiums
>it doesn't need to change the terrain type
>it doesn't need Daisy, Petey, Diddy in the base roster
>it doesn't need to have more than 10 characters
>it doesn't need to have character soundtracks
>it doesn't need to have impactful sound effects
>it doesn't need the electrified skeleton animation
>it doesn't need a stylized menu or UI
>it doesn't need to show character tummies
>it doesn't need the Waluigi crotch
>it doesn't need characters to have personalities
>it doesn't need good singleplayer content
>it doesn't need good online servers
>it DOES need paid, post release updates advertised as DLC

I told you so day 1, but you refused to listen.

Attached: removed_content.png (750x650, 158.73K)

No daisy, no buy

Nintendo haven't put effort into their sports games for a long while now, where have you been?
they're just Mario branded shovelware at this point

>judging the soul of a game only based on the effort put in fucking CGI videos instead of the gameplay
Your bait is too long and unnecessary. Try again

Attached: nigtoro.png (377x300, 51.96K)

This, even Mario Kart has been going downhill with the only new releases being a port, a mobile game and some VR remote control thing. The DLC for 8DX is literally just ports from the mobile game that don't even fit the art style. Shame considering how great 8 was.

why 2 threads

it's called being a realist faggot
the pattern is clear as day

Reminder that the mandate is real and that you cant deny all this evidence

Attached: ecb.jpg (3624x3556, 1.96M)

>dismissing criticism of the CGI trailers meant to show the game's tone and style when seeing mario characters in a gritty hardcore style is half the strikers series' appeal
>le epic reddit ironic impact font XD anime le senpai le le cringe XD reaction image
>"everything i disagree with is bait"
Not even worthy of a (You)

Kys subhuman gamecube babby

They always were you subhuman nostalgia faggot. I recently emulated strikers on dolphin and the game is barebones. You nigger were hypingbthis trash? Nostalgia fags are truly deluded

Unfathomably BASED truth posters

Why is a sequel of a game on the wii released 15 years ago still barebones despite being on better hardware and having access to better tech
cope more

This

*Ahem* You all are supposed to say: "Don't care, buying it anyway" to make the OP seethe.

Attached: yum.jpg (191x543, 33.48K)

The only ones that can't cope are subhuman gc trannies such as yourself. These games were never good

The gameplay from what we've seen so far is fine but I have to agree regarding the trailers, now that you pointed it out it's true that the crowd's excitement is lacking in Battle League. It had no energy, but you have to admit the concept art animations were nice.

Really I'd just say to wait until release date or a demo to see if the gameplay also has that sterile/modern Mario game feel.

Attached: axldR2Y.jpg (493x617, 20.58K)

kys tranny

i don't care about this game, i'm pissed they removed peach's midriff and daisy

CHARGED is shit and the new game looks much much better you fucking fag

Charged is the best Mario Strikers game hands down. It had a higher skill ceiling, more characters to play with
Only issue was waggle controls but you get used to it pretty quickly. Online matches against someone who knew how to play were fun

Seethe harder disgusting troon. Mario sports games were always trash

>stupid special shots that score +5 goals
>high skill ceiling

You literally outed yourself as a casual. Even 6 red shots are easily blocked. Did you play the game or not?

Attached: 1649430591583.png (384x453, 155.97K)

You could also do trickshots and stuff. The game actually becomes more of a prediction battle trying to guess where/when your opponent will either pass the ball to intercept it or defending the goalie yourself stopping trickshots as they come. It's fun

why is peach and rosalina in short?
arent female football player played in small bikinis?

Attached: 1647969444228.jpg (1006x1327, 195.63K)

Lmao god forbid he be a casual, fuckin loser

Mario mandate in full effect.

Attached: Pp.png (3840x2160, 200.61K)

>putting into question skill ceiling of a given game with a dumb argument
>surprised when someone rightfully assumes he's a casual who shouldn't be in a position to put it into question
Nothing wrong with enjoying the game as is. The problem arises when you start making claims with no basis

Attached: dd5nooh-762525ee-c387-450e-8365-7d82c92159ee.png (500x580, 11.79K)

>they aren't hard to block that's why making the penalty for missing a block being five goals instead of one
you are the casual if you need 4 extra points

I have no problem with strikers, I just think the gamecube one is better and charged is shit

The 3ds / Wii u era stripped away all the content and soul from the spinoffs. Now they are putting the bare minimal amount of soul to keep the nintendies happy and on full white knight mode. Fucking blows to be a fan of the GameCube era mario sport spinoff games.

>they aren't hard to block that's why making the penalty for missing a block being five goals instead of one
What the fuck are you talking about? You didn't play the game

I'm not going to say you're wrong because you're really not, but why are we assuming this won't be the case with Battle League? The game looks as fun as ever and the only thing it really looks like it's missing out on are the character specific skillshots and the annoying as fuck teleport dodges.

Nothing is more souless than the new Mario Golf. I bet the strikers will look soulful by contrast.

i have not played any of these games, but i skimmed through all 3 videos, and the new one looks the same as the old one. im not seeing anything you're describing

Don't care, buying it anyway

Has there been a single positive thread about Battle League since the reveal trailer? Or were doomposters present since day one?

>miss a normal shot on goal
1 point
>miss an AWESOMEBUTTON SHOT on goal
5 points

you are a fucking retard.

Not only it's nigh impossible to let a ball go through unless you have brain damage/poor coordination but to top it off the balls are separate.
Like, if a captain (let's say, Diddy) does a 5 shot red super strike, you can block 4 of them and miss only one, it'll only count as one goal.

No, why am I getting sidetracked in the first plave. NO ONE would even bother trying to do a superstrike like that in Charged to begin with because it doesn't work, not against humans, and certainly not against the CPU who blocks them 99% of the time. I was right, you didn't play the game.

As expected of Yea Forums. Kill yourself filth

Attached: 1489418457622.gif (685x1024, 760.11K)

based retard

*blocks your path*

Attached: strikers tryhard team.png (820x685, 213.65K)

noo charged is the best Strikers game ever
W-what do you mean the boo goal glitch? just counter it

>no daisy
>no tummys
No buy

The menus alone already look soulful and every character is getting their own LM3 tier animations to go along with it. If this game isn't soul then the word soul has lost all meaning.

>Wario mimicking Luigi's pose
A sign of respect, or mockery?

Attached: lw.png (542x255, 420.27K)

>this mechanic doesn't matter because 99% of shots will be blocked
why are you defending a mechanic that is useless then? that's good game design? CHARGED is fucking shit.

Never stop spreading the truth.

Any chances for individual character goal tracks coming back?

Attached: 1552272738426.png (536x329, 96.71K)

A sign of soullessness
It should've been a sidekick instead

Charged has defaults, this is one of them. But being able to do superstrikes with sidekicks and trickshots with fast characters like waluigi or boo vastly compensate for this problem

They would've showcased them if they were there. They're sadly missing from Battle League, but shills and delusional children will try to tell you otherwise

Why is a generic Mario mook more soul than teaming up rivals? Hope you fags who cared about generic mooks were there when Paper Mario gave you a generic Bob-Omb partner.

Damn...

They could be. They also couldn't be. We haven't seen nearly enough uncut in-game footage to make that claim.

They were far more expressive in charged

The slow death of midriff in vidya makes me sad. Strikers was so awesome for putting daisy and peach in midriff. The best possible chance to see Rosalina's belly button, snatched away from us.

Remember what they took from you

Attached: Galactic_Stadium.png (725x382, 313.04K)

The most basic bitch stage? We'll probably get a Rosalina Observatory layout as a custom stadium option or whatever.

this sounds like cope
the bowser side of the stadium didn't look like anything particular

>the dark year
more like
the BASED year