Why do Morrowzoomers hate it?

Why do Morrowzoomers hate it?

Attached: daggerfall.jpg (800x800, 159.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Rtpgt0xWF2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stop making threads you boring uninspired faggot.

It's complete shit like all of Fromsoft's pre-Souls games
Todd and Miyazaki are true auteurs who saved bottom tier studios

Best post ever made on Yea Forums

because they dont want to admit that this game had a lot of cool features that were removed in morrowind
>shops/buildings close at night
>banks to store money and you have a separate bank note for each region
>towns have holidays
>stores in towns are of varying quality and their buy/sell prices are affected
>horses
>can plead guilty or not guilty to crimes when caught and your success is based on a skill check
>can buy houses in towns from the bank
>can join nightly orders
>language skills for different enemies to pacify them

Youngsters can't recognise SOUL when they see it

Its a bad game with atrocius combat and lots of glitches.
Morrowind is also oberrated af but lorefags can like it wothout looking like retards due to the more elaborated story and setting

Isn't this the one with the hard as balls first dungeon?

I believe the hate is universal.

The language skills are absolute trash and I can't imagine anybody who actually played Daggerfall praising them.

>hard as balls first dungeon?
only if you are borderline retarded

for me it's the cart

It absolutely hated it my first playthrough because I kept getting stuck in walls and falling through the map. Random enemies would paralyze me for literal minutes straight or dump their entire magicka pool on me at once resulting in instant death. Second playthrough I played daggerfall unity and the game was actually pretty good. I would at least rate it higher then battlespire and arena if you play a version with the 10,000 bugs fixed. No bug fixes though it is by far the worst.

It was fun but it felt like nothing I did really mattered since if I walked in one direction I could random generate something a little too close to what I just finished. I am glad they decided to go to handmade environments. Funny enough a lot of the trends they put in oblivion and skyrim on the development side are now industry norms.

It was a pre-emptive strike.They know the 1/3rd of skills being useless was coming.

There's literally nothing wrong with the combat. It was made back when crpgs were inspired by D&D instead of anime.

I found this game to be a pretty fun dungeon crawler and money grinder. I remember the first character I made I screwed up because I made it so that he could not naturally regenerate mana since I assumed mana potions would be common and half of his main skills I could not level up. I ended up making him a werewolf and he became OP.

i fucking hate this game so much, holy shit

I wasn't aware people hated Daggerfall so much. Do Daggerfall haters hate King's Field as well?

Attached: kino field.jpg (320x239, 36.23K)

Morrowchads are too busy enjoying kino to waste effort hating an inferior game.

Attached: Dagoth Milos.gif (360x360, 3.28M)

>waaaaaah where is my quest marker, mommy I'm lost, the dungeon is too big for meeee

Attached: 1652024344423.png (739x416, 292.91K)

Lot of true things, but
Was a tacked on and useless skill. With the archeology guild mod for Unity it at least serves a roleplay purpose.

The only reason I hate it is because it doesn't work. No smaller side quests work like they're supposed to, and the main quest breaks often as well.

is the steam version bad?

Even Morrowind fans love Skyrim it seems

I'v beaten it and its not that good
there were some good ideas but its mostly an awful mess
i'm really sick of people pretending its the best in the series just because it had a really neat custom class system and a stupidly big world

Attached: mantella.png (1598x1080, 153.32K)

it's just the game running in a DOS box

daggerfall hipsters are fucking hilarious. nobody thinks you're cool bro lol
youtu.be/Rtpgt0xWF2g
you're basically the guy in this video

But it could've been more realized on the next game, like how in Battlespire you could initiate a conversation with every single enemy type. Mix these two mechanics and you've got something, but they gave up on it.

all of the dungeons look exactly the same
even arena would change the textures for each main quest dungeon
meanwhile in daggerfall its nothing but brown bricks the entire game

>>shops/buildings close at night
>>stores in towns are of varying quality and their buy/sell prices are affected
>>horses
>>can buy houses in towns from the bank
all in oblivion btw, morrowind was a huge downgrade for the series its just skyrim was worse so it doesn't look so bad nowadays

The combat system takes zero skill and zero thought. It's bad.

BROWN BRICKS

Attached: brown bricks.webm (248x372, 80.49K)

>towns have holidays
its just a box that pops up with some flavor text

I like both daggerfall and morrowind equally.

KF was legitimately ass until 4 though.

They do both suck so makes sense.
Six of one half a dozen of another.

well, they don't suck as much as skyrim.
To me it's Oblivion then morrowind/daggerfall.
Enderal is better than skyrim.

Gothic 1-2-3 is better than all of them

Hype the Time Quest is better than all previously mentionned games.

Doesn't it help with Daedra summoning

i guess if you consider summoning days as holidays as well
most of them do nothing

It help with roleplaying. You know, in this roleplaying game. The stores also have discounts on holidays.

It's just not a very good game

>roleplaying in a single player game
i forgot how deranged tes fans are

Battlespired

Found the no internal monologue NPC

This is now a Hype the Time Quest thread.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 126.09K)

Gogoud is a wizard

Attached: 5[1].jpg (640x480, 61.43K)

TPBP.

>DOS
>Tutorial is broken and wants you to NOT fast travel to Daggerfall to continue itself
>Shitty map system
>Combat is atrocious.

Morrowind is basically Arena and Daggerfall's "ambition" fully realized. There is no reason to play TES 1-2 when Morrowind is the start of the series not playing like shit.

Attached: gogoud.png (640x480, 463.16K)

Barnak is the main villain of the game

Attached: barnak[1].png (130x200, 13.7K)

Literally being stabbed is preferable to Arena. That games map system is pants.

Enost is an evil wizard that was the advisor and magician of Taskan III, but switches his alignment to the black knight's side, and builds a dark tower for Barnak.

Attached: enost.png (412x441, 182.13K)

King Taskan III

Attached: taskan3[1].png (130x200, 9.74K)

itt: morrowbabies make fools of themselves

Rajoth is an evil wizard who can be first seen in town of Torras in the era of Taskan I as he is a children but he will not increase in size. There he is bored of knights and therefore wants to be a magician. He becomes the head magician of the laboratories in the era of Taskan II where he imprisons several sorcerers including Enost in order to learn from them how Hype is able to time travel. Gogoud who is also kept by Rajoth was unintentionally offered a longer life due to Rajoth's experiments on him. Rajoth's sceptre is the reason why armours come alive. He banters Hype to fight against him in the fire of hell conjured in his astrolable. There Rajoth built a planetarium showing all planets and the sun and keeps a puzzle. If it is solved an ice spell will be released you need to free Gogoud from his fire prison.

Attached: ragoth[1].png (130x200, 7.02K)

Rave is a female knight who conveys a message to Hype from King Taskan III. She was kept in the secret room by Gogoud who suspected her. Further along the line she recurs in the room of the champion.

Attached: rachel[1].png (130x200, 8.93K)

Hype the Time Quest obviously inspired Miyazaki.

Attached: hype-the-time-quest_2[1].jpg (1024x768, 66.25K)

This is like the bridge in Elden Ring.

Attached: 9[1].jpg (640x480, 71.66K)

oh no, what happened to Hype!

Attached: 2[1].jpg (640x480, 79.2K)

Look at this rare promotional art! the graphics are unreal!

Attached: 80546-hype-the-time-quest-render[1].jpg (400x300, 30.88K)

The biggest procedurally generated world 90s computers could shit out will never measure up to a bespoke and handcrafted world, simple as

great AoE spell.
Truly the last good game Ubisoft made!

Attached: 80527-hype-the-time-quest-screenshot[1].jpg (640x480, 78.27K)

I like it tho

Do you like Hype the Time Quest?

Attached: 1537857-hype3[1].jpg (480x373, 56.43K)

Dangerously based.

Morrowind is that sweetspot between enormous but procedural generated genericness of Dagerfall and of that shallow pretty Todd vision of Redguard.
20 well made handcrafted towns are better than 100 that are just a copy paste of 5 same templates.