This scene confuses me. Why do they attack him?

This scene confuses me. Why do they attack him?

Attached: 1212.png (1274x705, 1.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ra6BPTP6-M4?t=79
youtu.be/Ra6BPTP6-M4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Beating Ryuji is fun. Ask his dad.

Good ol' japanese slapstick comedy, beat up the comic relief character, even if he did not die while sacrificing himself for the team.

It's too alien for gaijin audiences.

Japanese humor

they're mad at him because they were worried for his safety when he was actually fine

Because anime humor

because beating up the character who is known for getting physically abused is heckin' hilarious

Attached: 1647899891472.jpg (562x571, 136.03K)

>Bro getting his ass beat after a touching moment because he failed to actually die.
Not removed in Royal.
>Homo flirting with Ryuji as a joke.
Text altered in english for Royal.

Atlus and their priorities.

>YOU DID NOT FUCKING DIE WHEN WE ALL CRIED THINKING YOU DID? WE WILL BEAT YOUR ASS, BITCH!

Japs can't into humor

Were you not dying of laughter when this scene played

He risked his life to save his mates. The explosion has a concussive effect, which ends his unnatural existence in that realm, and he is ejected in the real world. Where his teammates beat him half to death and leave him to be killed by the agents trailing him. It's hilarious and should not be questioned.

I wonder if the japanese audience like the scene
youtu.be/Ra6BPTP6-M4?t=79

Imagine Persona 5 but with good writing...

while they are relieved they also feel dumb/embarrassed for crying and worrying for him when he just shows up nonchalantly while making the same stupid jokes as always, so they take it out on him. i'm pretty sure that's what the scene tried to convey. i felt pretty bad for ryuji because the one time he defended himself when morgana was talking shit to him morgana ran off and everyone acted like he was the asshole

Attached: 1589711928666.png (793x736, 226.89K)

>bothered to animate every single character punching ryuji individually

Ryujibros...

Attached: 1556199955269.jpg (900x1200, 90.21K)

If you are actually the joke nigga in your friend/family group and you get treated like this, leave immediately, no questions asked.

Attached: 1548019825080.gif (320x287, 780.93K)

This is why you don't associate with people influenced by demons and old gods.

>in english
There you go.

Feel they should have just taken a more cheesy route or something if they were trying to convey that
>Ann still slaps him
>Everyone goes in for a group hug while calling him stupid and crying or something
>Queue ryuji saying Is this for real

Attached: 1624204155808.jpg (900x900, 57.43K)

Ryujibros, we a laughing stock....

internet has really amplified the voice of autists huh
>dude this fictional character is a victim of LITERAL VIOLENCE OMG THINK OF HIS MENTAL HEALTH!!!
shut the fuck up, it's not real

You are not real, shut the fuck up.

>posts screenshot of translation
>has questions concerning the story
are you actually retarded?

It's difficult wrapping your head around causality, context, and consistency when your mother dropped you so many times.

correct, i'm a bot designed to provoke engagement so companies can maximise your time online to mine your data

>get hit by a truck
>family and friends cry as they see me lying on the hospital bed, at the brink of death
>wake up from a 10 days long coma
>smile as i see them realizing that I'm still alive
>they beat the shit out of me
>die from blunt force trauma to the head

just like how the main characters forced Ann to get naked and model for Yusuke right after beating the guy who sexually harassed her and her friend.

Not even comparable you retarded faggot. This was minutes after the fact not 10 days and he strolls up talking as if nothing happened.

Wait, I've never played the game, do they really beat him up after he tries saving them and they think he's dead?
I fucking hate this Jap trope above all the others, and it's the only point in Last Exile that sits unwell with me due to that stupid fucking horseshit.

Yes
Persona 5 has bad writing

Yeah and it’s also unrealistic, why do they attack him? The only other anime I’ve seen do this is Jojo and in that, everyone was just shocked to find out he’s not dead and soon they’re just happy to see them again.

Self insert game has to have a chad character be the butt of jokes so that you feel better about yourself as a player. In real life Ryuji wouldn't be hanging with the rest of these losers. Same with Ann Instagram whore

>ryuji
>chad character

Attached: 1620052323358.jpg (500x500, 29.85K)

So this is the Persona 5 that everyone has been going crazy for.

Unironically the worst scene of the game for me. Every modern Persona has had the dumb/funny best friend character, but none of them got shat on to the degree that Ryuji did.

Attached: Junpei_P3.png (1112x1878, 2.71M)

he's the dedicated retard and the punching bag of the group. It's funny since his main motivation of joining the group was going after the guy who beat him and ruined his sports career.

Yes, it is kinda bizarre even for japanese humor standards.

i thought his dad pumped and dumped

Because they are embarrassed of having been worried for a bitch like Ryuji, so they beat his ass to conceal their shame.

Chadder than the lawfag.

>Ryuji
>Chad

Attached: file.png (184x184, 52.97K)

My point is that he's not designed to be a buff chad type character

ITS A JOKE YOU AUTISTS

They attacked Ryuji because he's a stupid faggot who doesn't have any redeeming qualities. You could have replaced him with a pile of dirt and the game would have been improved. I fucking hate Ryuji.

Attached: 1650302741354.png (250x315, 59.53K)

Vanilla P5 is better than Royal anyways.

Under what comedic premise does beating the shit out of one of your closest friends and then leaving him in the street to grab a bite to eat, fall under?

Yeah, but at the very least that scene had the excuse of Yusuke being more of a fucking weirdo than an actual pervert. And the humor of Anne getting nowhere close to actual taking her clothes off because she was blatantly wearing like 40 layers of shirts. Still skeevy after Kamoshida's whole plot arc, but not quite as bad in execution as it could have been.

Attached: 1493507106175.jpg (612x504, 251.31K)

Fuck off dumb cat

Its a joke dumbass

its a joke, Yea Forums has become unable to grasp humour in the last years

>He posts adachi
>The grown ass man larping with children because he was denied sex
You know I guess game knows its audience

>Ryuji
>Chad

Attached: DarlingPitifulDutchsmoushond-size_restricted.gif (500x288, 1.27M)

they dont actually hurt him, ryuji is okay and never cares about this

youtu.be/Ra6BPTP6-M4
The scene was supposed to be even worse than what we got, with having to watch each character take turns punching Ryuji. The joke should have ended at Ann punching him for his remark about her crying. Everything else felt out of place and cruel

>because he was denied sex
You didn't play the game.

There's no humor to grasp, it is a shitty joke.

Nah, it's cathartic, fuck ryuji.

I've been saying this for years. 5 is just a dating sim

It's like the characters are stupid anime tro- nevermind it all makes sense.

Attached: oof.jpg (982x705, 662.47K)

I wish I had that image of meatball saying he get the jokes and doesn't find it funny.

he was talking about his real dad.

Attached: df0hbp3-a50d4351-1d71-466c-8585-3bd0d83cd956.png (1192x1656, 853.32K)

it's a really pathetic attempt at a joke.

P5 doesn't know how to manage stakes. this is the most obviously retarded scene that everyone shits on but the problem happens throughout the story. it thinks you can just cut from tension to comedy without either being affected.

in P3 there's a scene where you go with Yukari and Junpei to a bad part of town to try and gather information. you know it's dangerous to go there, but you figure it's worth the risk. you end up getting surrounded by thugs who start threatening and punching you until you're saved by another character. it's a good scene because it reminds the player of the stakes. you have a special superpower, you just beat your first major boss by that point in the story, the player is feeling confident and powerful. that scene reminds you that you're just a normal high school kid, you're not an invincible superhero.

P5 has a similar scene. you go with Mona and Ryuji into a bad part of town to gather information. you are told repeatedly that it's dangerous, but the risk is worth it. at one point a couple adult homosexual men hit on Ryuji, commenting on how young he is, and they chase him off. this is played for a joke and the player immediately goes home. this sequence is tonally broken. the game wants to establish tension by introducing danger, but it also wants a joke. so the danger disappears. it's the exact same with the joke in this scene. the audience is told explicitly there is no reason to ever care about these characters. any perceived danger is fake and will be removed at any time. do not get invested in their well-being, do not be concerned for their safety. they are invincible.

it's a pathetic fall from grace. P3 and P4 aren't fantastically written or anything, but they're quite solid. P5 is an embarrassment.

why did he kill Mayumi Amano?

Yeah ok buddy.

>Game with the most Party Strife had more chemistry than the whole p5 crew.

Attached: bee03cc4a331eab30b8cd18cbded40a5.jpg (1984x2786, 494.12K)

The only upside to vanilla is that its not as easily broken
Both are too easy but Royal at least has more non combat shit

This never happened. Ryuji was never beaten up by his friends.

Attached: 1628833268163.png (566x668, 212.01K)

Are you actually denying that he is 100% incel trope character?

Attached: 1641929531071.gif (500x341, 1.33M)

either you didn't play the game or you're illiterate.
>why did he kill Mayumi Amano?
he wanted to punish her because she failed to live up to his expectations. she was immoral. he didn't even mean to kill her.

>Chie beats up Yosuke all the time
>Yea Forums: Haha that’s so funny
>P5 party beats up Ryuji just once
>Yea Forums: NOOOOOOOOO YOU CANT DO THAT!! THATS JUST SHITTY WRITING!!! P4 > P5

Man I hated this scene. It's like the writers are terrified of any real emotions beyond anime tropes. Imagine if they all just expressed how happy they were he survived, instead of beating the shit out of him. Night and day.

Attached: df3966c.jpg (720x1081, 105.67K)

Most frustrating part of P5 is it sets up good story moments like this, then fumbles it in the laziest way possible. Like they had a coherent draft at one point, then everyone kept adding and changing shit without paying attention.

>Jojo
At least in that one they were literally at his funeral

>brain raped
thanks doc

>girl beats on guy for breaking her dvd and ogling her when she's in a swimsuit because she's extremely upset
>multiple people beat on guy who's probably severely injured after he saved them all explicitly not because they're upset at him but because they think he deserves it simply for saving their lives
>this is exactly the same

It's okay when Phantom Thieves(tm) do it.

Persona 3 is funny because the characters start out as the most generic archetypes of any of the modern games, but they're given enough screentime and group interactions outside of social links and hyping up the protagonist that they actually develop more chemistry and long-term character development as a group.

Attached: P3_Akihiko.jpg (1001x564, 60.42K)

Chie is shit too.

THIS, people nowadays are too sensitive

Nice job telling us that you don't understand the difference between comedic slapstick that happens regularly between two characters, and is solely for those two; and a scene that's supposed to be comedic slapstick, but falls flat becuase it takes place at an inappropriate time, and does not have the same feeling nor tone of humor comin from beating up someone who nearly died for the team.

P4's terrible about this too. But it feels like it's increasing in intensity in each game.

Attached: FBmB2C1XIAQO2AT.jpg (960x1099, 232.65K)

nah every persona has its ups and downs, the first P5 arc is god tier, P3 was too edgy all the time

Westerners are pussies.

These games are written for socially inept virgins. Don't be suprised every single moment comes off as pure autism to any person with frontal lobe development.

Plus Joseph was under the impression that Suzie Q told his friends and family he was alive

It's so lame. Even for Japs, the gayest of their tropes.

>because she failed to live up to his expectations
Cope it's not even the only time he kills due to rejection