What are Yea Forums‘s thoughts on the Legacy of Goku trilogy?

What are Yea Forums‘s thoughts on the Legacy of Goku trilogy?

Attached: 454C768C-818F-41EF-8111-AACBBB8689A8.png (455x449, 388.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mBYoAwwEvQ8
youtu.be/LK5d4K56Nzg
youtu.be/PfpZ3fFwmaw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First is a broken mess, 2 is a genuinely great game, never played 3 myself.

Best anime games ever.
Budokaichuds, XenoVersetrannies... COPE N SEETHE.
The soundtrack is something unique, it puts Falconer and the Japanese to shame.

The first one sucks ass, it might be the worst game I've ever played, I can make something that looks and plays better in a week. I only made it to the end thanks to the invincibility cheat code

2nd game was my favorite, i remember finishing it multiple times

2 is great and has an awesome OST
youtu.be/mBYoAwwEvQ8
youtu.be/LK5d4K56Nzg
youtu.be/PfpZ3fFwmaw

Attached: index.jpg (300x292, 29.96K)

I forgot all about these from when I was a kid… Any way to play them and Golden Sun on Switch or 3DS?

reminder that Supersonic Warriors is the only S tier handheld DBZ game

First one sucks major balls, 2 is pretty good, and so is buu's fury. Dragon Ball advanced adventure and DBZ supersonic warriors are still the better DB/Z games on the GBA, but legacy of goku 2 and buu's fury are still solid

2 has blatant balancing issues behind the numbers but its well streamlined experience that is greatly enjoyable once you have a character of the appropriate level to the zone they throw you in
3 has a bunch of gimmicks, some good some bad. The "open world" type of map they try to put with the character gates randomly distributed across the map can get really annoying because there are a lot of times were you get lost because you are searching for that one gate hidden somewhere on the map to continue the story, that and the equipment system is trash that shouldnt be there. But the game is very well balanced, although it does force you to go grind some characters to open gates every once in a while, and is overall the better experience when you arent forced to grind since there is a lot to do and explore, altough I think the maps in 2 were better layered, 3 do look better

Taiketsu is better than both.

i wouldn't know, i haven't played that one

First one is the absolute worst game I have ever played all the way through.
Sequels are both pretty good.

I only played 2 and thought it was great for its time. It's fucking slog to replay it nowadays since I fucking hate the grinding in the game as the game progression is locked behind levelling.

One of the best series of GBA RPGs ever
Up there with castlevania
First game was ass, but second snd third more than made up for it

2 is great, 3 is just good because it's unnecessarily grindy

>not Supersonic Warriors 2

First is ass but the second and 3rd are perfect sequels.
This was a pipe dream game of mine but I had always hoped we would get a DS compilation of all 3 games combined into one, but instead all using the Buu's Fury engine and upgrades
Basically anything to fix Legacy 1
Overall these are the retro equivalent of what DBZ Kakarot was trying to be

I don’t know which one I think it was the first game that just straight up kicked my ass as a kid that game was challenging

Great games at the time but we're basically made obsolete by Kakarot

Ive played Kakarot and that’s simply not true
It’s an alright game but it very much isn’t the same, there’s a certain charm that’s lost

Supersonic Warriors was so fucking cash
I wish I had played the second game

Legacy of Goku 2 is basically the fastest way to get through the Trunks/Android/Cell Saga because it gives you all of the necessary info and no filler.

Terrible take. Why would you think that? And don't try to tell me it's because Kakarot covers all of DBZ when many other games did the same and did it better than Kakarot. Tenkaichi 3 had more characters, more features (battles, tournaments, etc), more scenarios (DB and GT and movies and What If's), and focused on fun arcade fights rather than an empty open world. I normally don't mind open world games but Kakarot did it wrong.

1 is hot garbage
2 is a drastic improvement and one of the best games ive ever played
3 is mechanically better than 2 but due to its level up system giving you stat points directly instead of 2s stat capsules that you find it makes the game incredibly easy. Also theres no real endgame reward like 2 giving you the ability to fight cooler you just get hercule and gogeta as playable characters in a game youve already beaten.

Buys fury was fucking incredible. 2 was good, but a bit rushed.

1 genuinely doesn't work without action replay. No idea how it got a fucking sequel, let alone a GOOD one

>not using Gogeta to grind for Saiyan gear
Also, if I’m not mistaken, you can get Gogeta before finishing the game by finding all the collectibles (I may be wrong because I think there’s a collectible or two that won’t spawn until the end of the game)

None of the games are difficult, that's why buys fury is the best, better production values, most gameplay variation and most assets

Its one or the other, the last exhibit for either hercule or gogeta is in the same area you fight the last battle with kid buu

2 is fairly challenging overall, 3 is just piss easy and 1 is unfair

legally? no

lmao no. kakarot is legit ass

2 is a piss easy stomp as well. For fucks sake I remember bashing in dr Gero without levelling a single time. Final boss fight is over in less than a minute and that's BEFORE you go Super Saiyan 2

1 stopped me from playing the other two thinking they were the same trash
IT COUNTS

Attached: 1652125553139.jpg (720x1051, 355.74K)

The only thing challenging in the entire series is the Dino eggs in 2 so you're technically correct

the moment vegeta did an hero.

Im not saying 2 is the fucking dark souls of dbz games or whatever, im just saying its a game youll probably die in alot and you actually lose progress on death. Buus fury i could start and finish before this thread hit the bump limit at whatever the minimum level required is(i believe 155) because ill have that much guaranteed im str and end basically just corner enemies with a nonstop barrage of attacks while never really taking damage myself

>Be vegeta
>Finally beat kakarot
>Still fucking die
Toriyama is such a prankster

It's because it's an action RPG that covers all of DBZ

It's a great story of how to improve between a first and second outing. LoG is horrible. The game sucks and nothing changes that.

LoG2 is genuinely fantastic.

Buu's Fury is more of the same.

Oh fuck I remember playing this. It was so bad

Thirty ninth post, best post.

Thanks user.
Pic entirely unrelated. I just realized I had this saved to my PC.

Attached: 1577597744947.png (1120x350, 312.76K)

Second game is great. First is trash. Third game just reminds me of how bad the Buu saga was.

This, just with Buu's Fury being the best of the three.

This was actually my introduction to 2D fighting games.

No pure fighting game can ever be the best game ever. Buu's Fury is by far the best DBZ game to date.

Did anyone ever bother with the multiplayer in BF? I’ve seen some videos and it looks like you could play as pretty much anyone, including Broly
I just thought that was neat

>playable Hercule
>no real endgame reward

It would be hilarious if you could beat the game with hercule or something but hes just an Easter egg. I do think this game is actually what made "Gocule" a thing though but i cant remember

>playable Hercule
This was in LoG2. He gets his own ending and everything at level 50.

Was anyone actually bored enough to spend 100 hours getting it?

Wait what the fuck

I did it twice when I was a kid, idk why but it felt great getting everyone to level 50

>1 is goofy as fuck. Terrible filler content, terrible controls, especially the flight. The Namekian temple isn't a filter or a git gud scenario, it's just a clusterfuck. Decent soundtrack, even if it's not really based on any anime soundtrack
>2 is probably the GOAT anime game/SNES-style RPG. Good, believable filler. Responsive combat with just diagonal placement feeling a bit jack but still totally minor. Great sprite work with gorgeous backgrounds, dialog from characters source-accurate and well done, downright hysterical sometimes with characters like Vegeta. Great progression and character/ability variety. Soundtrack absolutely slaps, FaulconerOSTCHADS feast on the digitized versions of FaulconerGOD tracks
>Buu's Fury still pretty good, but had a feeling of "Just do 2 again, but not do anything really new or different."

I did it. It was funny, he has a talk show interview in the city's tv station.

3 had just enough different to make it worthwhile
New gear to equip
Get to enhance stats as you choose
Better super saiyan system
Sprinting and blocking
God I wish there was a hack out there that connected LoG2 and BF in the same game

Have a bump OP

I miss the charged attacks tho

Extreme Butoden is better.

If you hack your 3DS then you can inject them

Just play them on your cellphone with any of the numerous free emulators

I have no idea why the fuck I liked the first one. I replayed it and it's bloated and boring as fuck.

Nostalgia

My nigga, was thinking about doing this soon
Are there any good ways to get around Apple’s retarded restrictions other than by using the Delta emulator? Delta doesn’t even work properly with the Alt Store and won’t auto renew itself
Yeah yeah jail breaking but I wanna avoid that if I can

Attached: 811C9425-887A-472F-BF2A-309661EC5C0A.png (598x628, 383.28K)