I can't upgrade more than two non-special weapons because there literally aren't enough of these fucking things in the...

I can't upgrade more than two non-special weapons because there literally aren't enough of these fucking things in the game world to do so, and the bearing bell is in Leyndell. I have an excess of every other smithing stone up to (7) for some reason but no (3)s. I want to try out different mid-game builds pre-Leyndell and the game won't let me. Nice fucking game design mitsubishi san.

Attached: smithingstone.png (289x335, 103.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Halberds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just like, use your horse to get there

Based retard

You literally can though..

>block your path

Attached: elden-ring-draconic-tree-sentinel-tips-strategy-8042-1646749267643.jpg (1600x900, 1.24M)

I agree the upgrade system is dogshit

Yeah use mods like the rest of us sane people.

Attached: 1635152783178.gif (245x245, 1.71M)

What's the closest thing I can get to a bardiche?

That guy is protecting inner leyndell, not the bell bearing residing in the outer moat

eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Halberds

the bell bearing for 3/4 stones is outside of leyndell in a tunnel around the moat though

just run to the cave?
i do agree though. i was drowning in somber stones on my first character, and even though i did all the mines i could find i never had more than a couple weapons upgraded.

fromsoft apparently agrees cause they made them more common drops from enemies in one of the patches. still seems odd putting the bearing past the dectus lift when there's so much content in limgrave, liurnia, and caelid.

The way the bell bearings should have worked is
>1 (in Limgrave)
>2&3 (in Liurnia)
>4&5 (in Altus)
>6&7 (in Mountaintop)
>8 (in Farum Azula)
And smithing stone tiers should've been 1/2/3 instead of 2/4/6.

You're right. Mistake.

>crouch walk behind him
>cast poison or rot a bunch
>go make a snack and munch while he coughs to death

You can only ever use one non-somber weapon for 90% of the game
>start game, get a few stones, enough to upgrade *one weapon*
>get the first bell bearing, find some [3] and [4] along the way, now you can keep upgrading *one weapon*
>ok I'll grab the next bearing... go to leyndell, get the bearing, find some [5] and [6] along the way... now you can upgrade *one weapon*
>damn, guess I'll rush to the mountaintops... find some [7] and [8]s along the way, so you keep using *one weapon*
>well I guess I'll just kill godskin asap so I can try some more weapons
>oops the game is over haha

ds2 must have done a number of them in terms of upgrade material distribution
in 2 you could get +9 by the second area of the game if you knew what you were doing.
i get that it's a way to gatekeep late game areas without literal gates, but fucking hell, there's a gigantic leap in terms of upgrade materials availability

and the bell bearings come out WAAAY too late for the area they are supposed to be found in

The upgrade system never became an issue for me until I got to Leyndell and wanted another +24 weapon, but I had two other +20 weapons at the time, so they weren't useless. The other games were like that to an extent, but I think the game put too many fucking bell bearings in Farum Azula.

don't expect Tanimura to make any sense in his choices
he's sub-human

tanimura is a complete retard
he has no idea how to make games
he should be fired from FS

The bell bearing for Smithing Stone [3] is in the mine outside and just to the south of Leyndell you ESL fuck.

From has never managed to make an upgrade system that doesn't suck ass, but this is somehow the worst iteration of the bunch, it's really amazing.
>hey let's put more weapons than ever in this game
>let's also make sure they can never use more than maybe two of them until the game is essentially over

How about DS1 where you can get +10 before your second boss (master key) or third boss (without)
Titanite shards - Undead parish
Large shard - Blightown
Chunk - new londo
Slab - New londo

Easier with the key, but just in terms of time

Well you see, DS1 and 2 were nonlinear games, as opposed to ER.

actually I forgot you have to fight the capra demon for the large ember so minimum 2 bosses for +15

explain how ER is a linear game please ?

>have to choose between doing NPC quests at a sane pace or skipping them all to rush to bell bearings

Honestly one of the biggest flaws of Elden Ring. Gating the 5/6 Stones Bell Bearing past Morgott is utter bullshit.

I can't tell if all 19 posters in this thread are baiting or if everyone in here is genuine retarded
gj, proud of you guys

Attached: 1651482951438.png (579x533, 158.13K)

elden ring sucked. Armor options suck and upgrade system sucks. IDGAF about riding the gay pony around and an 'open world experience'

that what i said to ur mum

Look at how the game is structured and how the "open world" areas flow.

>Armor options suck
They really do. Who the fuck designed the armors in this game? They're all so fucking ugly.

you picked the one fromsoft game where the exact design youre looking for isnt in it kek

Sure let me go to anor londo right from the start, bells? What bells?

There's really very little about Elden Ring that is linear besides a few mandatory story walls like Morgott and the Haligtree medallion.

Nightrider glaive probably

I meant more in the sense that the open areas are anything but. They're essentially designed no different than areas in their other games, only blown up to a bigger scale. The way the player progresses through them is very tightly controlled, areas are cordoned off with huge cliffs so that you can only approach any and all situations from exactly the direction they want. There's no interesting sequence breaking, or outflanking, or Skyriming up a cliff face to snipe the bandit camp from higher ground. Despite having jumps, and double jumps, and spiritsprings, the game is very flat. Despite being open world, it's very constrained and linear.

Still the sexiest female enemy grunt even 20 years later.

Playing on PC? Share a password with other anons and have them drop some for (you).

You haven't been able to transfer useful items in online play since DS2.

that's why I do somber smithing stones weapon runs only, i cba farming and upgrading all that shit, its cancer even with bell things

Why is it so hard for FromSoft to make a good upgrade system? It's even worse because you LOSE Bell Bearings on NG+. Did anyone even playtest this shitty game?

Attached: 1626229361872.png (473x675, 361.45K)

just use cheat engine

Can’t you that in ER? You could in DS3. And BB too.

in bb you can't drop items in general

>I'm too scared to go into a fucking cave waaah
fuck off.

It's kind of retarded how much easier somber weapons are to upgrade than regular ones

The trade off is that somber weapons are usually pretty gay and you can't change the ash.

Most of the best weapons are Somber ones.

Yes but they're also YDBTG weapons.

what the FUCK? there's no way you're serious. that doesn't even make sense compared to how they treated NG+ in their previous games

Good thing there's pretty much no reason to go to NG+

You lose embers and ashes upon going to NG+ in Dark Souls 3

Not gonna defend the upgrade system because I agree, it's shit for the non-special weapons and too easy for the special ones, however, you can unlock those shard to buy in the roundtable, there's an infinite amount, only problem is that you gonna need to farm runes to afford it

if you like stupid gay shit

I swear the drops for stones being on knights and hands was always intended but they fugged it up or something. It feels natural as is on my new character when I had the classic infinite sombers in earlier patched versions.

Yeah but the trade off is they are very rigid weapons. The new patch makes knights drop normal stones of different tiers. Its logical they would have them and hunting around easily gives you piles of stones now.
Caria manor has the hands too that drop sombers. You can do a little run through there and get enough stones to play around with a ton of weapons.

once you go to the process of upgrading a weapon past the stone 3 and require 4, what is the downside of giving you infinite 3s?
It really just fucks you over, because by the time you reach the infinite stone supply. it's a bit too late to try shit out.

>piles of stones

Bullshit. I've done almost every dungeon in Altus and I've barely amassed enough [6]s to to get 1 weapon upgraded.

Hunt the knights in forts. I'm telling you they drop the tiered stones for their area. Try it on an arcane build with higher item find.

Altus knights and soldiers only seem to drop 4s and 5s for me. Mostly 4s. Redmane soldiers drop 2s, 3s, and rare 4s.

There are no options for farming 6s prior to MOTG, which is complete bullshit.

I've gotten my main weapon to +19 but all my other weapons are at like +5 because i can barely find any despite exploring mining caves