"This just isn't a game for everyone..."

>"This just isn't a game for everyone..."

Well, WHY? Why can't it be?

And no, I'm not talking about You-Know-What. I'm not talking about any specific game, but the argument in general.

I'm sure you've heard it. Usually as a response to criticism, especially something that can be changed by tweaking a few numbers... and thus fundamentally changing the experience too, of course. Like the difficulty level. What's wrong if someone enjoys playing single player Doom with an aimbot or immortality? Maybe they just like the spectacle and have no interest whatsoever in any challenge. What's wrong if someone wants to play Animal Crossing (offline) with infinite money, because they just like the home building aspect of it? But I noticed there is a certain 'defensive attitude' - among both the gamers and developers - that could be simply expressed as: you play the game the way we envisioned it or not at all. And I don't understand that.

Why people have a problem with the way I play the game even if it doesn't affect them in any way, at all?

Attached: bdb.jpg (680x321, 44.51K)

Go back.

Go back and stay.

Didn't read, kill yourself.

get good or die crying

Why do you care if people have a problem with how you play? It doesn't affect you either.

give me one good reason why elden ring shouldn't have an easy mode. games should be tailored for the people who want to play them. if I want mexican food without needless spice, I can just ask for it without the spice. all you have to do is literally change values and you have an easier game. is that what makes you so mad? the fact that im going to enjoy something over you?

you guys are quite literally the npc meme

you can't force some faggot who wants a braindead hack-and-slash into enjoying a slow-burn RPG, The human brain is obstinate and will shut out what it doesn't want, and enjoying new things outside one's comfort zone earnestly is an acquired skill.

"us vs them" is a pretty common pattern you'll find in life.

the meaning behind that is as confusing as it is profound. and while it doesn't personally apply to me, I recognize that many people behave that way.

Make your own goddam game

Go back shitter and git gud.

>guy fucks horses on weekends
>tell him to stop
>UHHH LET PEOPLE ENJOY THINGS
also didnt read your shitty essay stay mad faglord

Because it already has one?

>He doesn't know about the hidden easy mode setting in the main menu

Attached: shiggydiggyluz.png (632x498, 287.03K)

go back where? im born in america dickhead

Elden Ring is not difficult, it requires the player to be careful, analyze and adapt. Starcraft is difficult

>Why can't it be?
Because what you like, you subhuman fucking retard, I loathe since it's shit. And what I like is pearls before swine for you.

>food analogy
BACK
TO
PLEBBIT

we all eat food, nice rebuttle

>give me one good reason why elden ring shouldn't have an easy mode
I'll answer you honestly: because the creator didn't want one. It's simple as that. He had a goal in mind and intention in place to make his game annoyingly difficult. He wants it to be a triumph when you do beat it and the game gives you sevral ways on how to go about it
Imagine if the game Getting Over It had an easy mode. It would destroy the purpose completely. For Elden Rinf it isn't as extreme, but the same intention and purpose is there. The game is meant to be a struggle to overcome. It's meant to FORCE you to git gud as long as you don't give up. Changing to easy mode is giving up and you don't get better at the game either. You just cruise control it which he doesn't want. It's the creator's creation and it's the experience he tailored that he doesn't want to sully with an easy mode.

TL;DR Because the creator didn't want one. That's it. It's his game and that's how it goes.

sounds like a post I would see browsing reddit. way to out yourself

>Well, WHY? Why can't it be?
Wrong question. It's not 'why can't it be', it's 'why isn't it' and the answer is 'because it was made that way'. It COULD be like that if the developer wanted to. But they didn't, so it isn't.

Literally one of the easiest Fromsoft games if not the easiest.
Imagine being this bad and whiny about digital toys.

>admits to browsing reddit
I do not, but seems like you do bud. Maybe you should go back there since you know it so well?

so you browse reddit to know what is posted there uh

faggots arent people

we all browse reddit, you fell into a newfaggit trap by pretending you dont. again, way to out yourself as a newfaggit

These games have always been as hard as you want them to be. This is specially true for ER because now there's offline npc summons and whatever ash summons. So if you're getting your ass fucked you either go somewhere else and get stronger, or use a different strategy, busted weapons, or you use the tools you're given to make a fight easier. Even the possibility of using all of them at the same time. If someone says this shit game is hard is because they refuse to try new things. If they want to go melee only with non-upgraded fucking fists and they find it difficult it's their fault, and if they bitch about it they deserve to be mocked. Again, the game is as hard as you want it to be.

>doubling down with bait to make it seem like his initial post was bait as well instead of him being retarded and outing himself as a faggot redditor
Nah, I don't buy it.

you cant just say to use those things and also tell me that using them makes it so i never beat the game. choose a lane.

The 'you didn't beat the game!!!' thing is just shitposting at this point. No one should care about what others say, but if your feefees get hurt with dumb posts like that then you deserve to be mocked.

why can't you just let us enjoy it then? why do they have to change for you? have some introspection for once please

Because development resources are limited and in practice the more things you try to implement in your game t he more the mechanics suffer across the board. This is the case for anything too not just videogames. Notice how the most mediocre movies try to appeal to everyone, but the movies that are actually remembered for decades are known for one specific thing.

Not that user, but why does it matter what other people say? It literally means nothing if someone says to you "you didn't beat the game". If you accomplished what you wanted to do, and you had fun while doing so, then who cares what other people think?
"You didn't beat the game" has been blown so far out of proportion by now that you should have realised how dumb of a meme it is. I still remember pre DaS days when any cheese was acceptable so long as you beat the game. I beat Armor Spider back in the day by spamming it with arrows out of the danger zone.

>>"This just isn't a game for everyone..."
because there are 7-8 billion people on this planet

Also: in general, never try to treat anons as a consistently minded bloc with clearly defined views or you WILL go insane. Take it from experience, there is no reconciling the multiple apparently contradictory viewpoints held on here. Just accept that whoever replies to you will reply with whatever they think will hurt you the most, disregarding any form of consistency.

yea it does matter, elden ring is a multiplayer community experience game the people who play it do matter. I need to beat the game with the constraints themselves, but it should be an easier process to do that so i can be recognized. i cant do this half and half shit where im playing a hard game just to cheat. there's no point then

ok, this is epic

>mass replying
Cool, fuck off then.

Ever tried not playing as female and start making your game?

fittled

>I need to beat the game with the constraints themselves
The constraints are literally anything the game offers you, not what some people online say is fair or not. And the game isn't defined by its difficulty, it's defined by the gameplay - Souls games being all about the difficulty is a dumb meme. They're deep dark fantasy games about playing a knight fighting monsters to do something vague and mysterious.
Using summons, abilities, whatever the game gives you isn't "cheating" because it's all offered by the game. If you were going into cheat engine and giving yourself infinite health or something, THAT's cheating.

im not playing it for the game or the director im playing it for the community and recognition. is that really hard for a coomer like you to grasp? no one appreciates hard work anymore?

Because nothing is for everyone. Movies, music, books, TV, whatever. It's all for specific audiences, with specific tastes and trends, and videogames are the only medium that gets this shit about "everything should be accessible to everyone". Nobody complains about arthouse cinema not being approachable, or books that use big words. And these days, there's so many games released every week that there's something out there FOR everyone, to their specific taste, so just go play those instead and stop demanding that companies specifically cater to you with stuff that isn't meant for you.

>Nooo you're only supposed to call each other trannies and niggers on Yea Forums

Because different people have different tastes and seek different things out of their entertainment?

Attached: 1575481055275.jpg (631x631, 58.3K)

The food analogy is not really fitting because if you "just want to eat some mexican food" there is no vision from the chef behind it. He just wants to sell food and he does not care about "tweaking numbers".

A video game has way more vision and creative input behind it than "just some food". You need to compare it to a chef who creates food more akin to art.
In that case the chef wouldn't put ketchup, onions sauce or some barbecue flavored salt next to his 400$ dish, because he wants you to experince the food the way he created it and the way he wants people to experience it.
And everyone can talk about it and measure it the same way because everyone had the same experience.

If you put an easy mode into the game, no one would talk about Malenia or Radahn.

"Malenia was so hard! I died 20 times!"

"Eh, you mean the chick that did no damage at all and only lasted one hit?"

"...no I mean on hard mode. ...but man, the Margitt fight in the beginning was really a challenge!"

"Yeah, not really. Didn't even die once. 4 hits. I played it on easy mode. I don't know what you are talking about. Our experience was so vastly different we can stop talking about that game now because we won't find common ground."

Except using summons is cheating since it deliberately makes boss fights a joke and basically giving you a free win. It's pretty much like choosing "give me a story" in some gay AAA game, and since elden ring has no story but just combat combat combat then you might as well not play the game at all if you use ashes and summons.

What? What recognition? Have you seen how many people have beaten the game? It's literally DESIGNED to be beaten.
I don't get it, why wouldn't you play a game to have fun, that's the primary purpose.

coom coom

If the developer thought that kind of thing was cheating, then why would they put it in?
>and since elden ring has no story
The game that they brought on GRRM who featured heavily in their marketing doesn't have a story? What did he do, then?

No piece of media will appeal to everyone, but anyone who uses this defense is a retard who obviously did something to alienate potential customers.

i didnt say this there is a guy impersonating me on here

no, your asking for mexican food that isn't mexican
the core principle of the game is the difficulty

Make sure every important character's name starts with the letter G, R, or M.

What's this boy molesting fruit on about?

Attached: 126455615746.png (370x297, 48.55K)

I thought he was talking about Factorio for some reason. I have no idea why he would want Factorio to be for everyone

The devs do not have to provide you with the tools to enjoy their game beyond what the initially designed, thinking otherwise is entitlement and childish.
However, i'm not going to judge you if you use your OWN tools to enjoy the game. Cheat all you like, no skin off my back, but don't act like your experience was the intended one when you enter a discussion on that game.

>without needless spice
you didn't eat it

they wanted to make the a very accessible dark souls for mass appeal. GRRM just farted out names and the devs filled in the rest with the same barebones story to justify your character going from point a to point b to light the fire- i mean become elden lord.

this thread has someone so mad they are literally false flagging as me lol. enjoy botting a post just to-
LET PEOPLE ENJOY THINGS

LET PEOPLE ENJOY THINGS

LET PEOPLE ENJOY THINGS

WITHOUT THING I AM NOT A THING HOLDER

BEHOLD THE WRATH OF THE ELDEST OF OLDER

I WILL TAKE MY THING AND I WILL TAKE YOUR THING TO REGAIN PROPER ORDER

Attached: shitposting loudly.gif (450x336, 705.94K)

meds. now.

why the fuck were you guys in kirby threads saying the game was too easy and needed to be harder? hypocritical ass niggas

Well, why can't it be? There should be an easy mode where factories produce infinite amounts of resources. I think all games should include god mode cheats because I'm dogshit at games and can't be assed to think for one goddamn second. More importantly, developers should cater to me and make more walking simulators.
This is how OP sounds.

I never said I was you, I made these posts
-
kek if true, I've not actually played ER yet. But there must be some story to it from the countless threads talking about the characters and their motivations are any indicator. I think people on here downplay the story content of games they like WAY too much, as if they acknowledge that they like the story that they'll catch fire or something.
>they wanted to make the a very accessible dark souls for mass appeal
Okay, that doesn't the change the fact that they're an integral part of the game. You CAN beat it without them if you want to, but that doesn't mean that's the 'true' experience or that people playing with the full set of tools the devs included didn't beat the game somehow.

Attached: 1323673769019.jpg (1262x735, 408.2K)

Calm you autism and actually read for once in your life, I didn't even say it didn't matter in my post retard. I was explaining why it isn't feasible to please everyone and how it results in producing shit if you attempt to

You're welcome to fuck with a game in any way you like, but that's on you. Not on the devs, not on other people, you. If you can only enjoy Mario games if you play romhacks that replace all the pits with bouncy blocks, or mod Animal Crossing to have infinite money, or set yourself to Level 99 at the start of Kingdom Hearts— go for it you fucking weenie, but don't try and enter a discussion for a game and act like you have a single clue what you're talking about. It's like watching a heavily edited down, summarized version of a movie and trying to act like you experienced it the "correct" way.
The other big issue with that attitude is that, by definition, genres are INTENDED to be niche. By putting the responsibility on devs to change up their formula for a "wider audience" (something which almost never fucking works, by the way; see damn near every attempt to make fighting games 'casual friendly) you're often asking devs to remove many of the niche aspects and quirks to a game that people liked about it to begin with.

TL;DR: Different people like different things. Don't be a bitch who gets sucked into FOMO just because you don't like something other people do.

Technically Factorio can be very easy. You can turn off biters entirely in the vanilla game settings, and if you wanted to you could probably beat the game (ie. launch a rocket) through being dumb and brute-forcing stuff. That's certainly how my first factory went. I'm a brainlet and I really enjoy Factorio.

The Project Zomboid community will shoot you down quick if you shit-talk someone playing in sandbox mode with custom settings.
In sandbox mode you can turn off infection from bites and scratches, customize the items/food/guns and ammo spawn frequency, etc.
I play with zombie respawn off and it feels great bros.

>if I want mexican food without needless spice, I can just ask for it without the spice
>go into a mexican place
>order extra spicy
>get extra spicy
>WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS THIS SO SPICY
Why didn't you order something else, retard?

bruh i just want to be part of the meme threads and understand them better. thats all video games are good for is how you participate in the meme threads before the next big release.

I'll be honest with you user, because games (or any entertainment media for that matter) can't possibly appeal to every single demographic while maintaining it's core values.
Knowing a genre and its playerbase expectations is how you build up a well polished game or franchise in my opinion.

Lets take literature for example, we want to read a good crime novel. Our best bet is to pick up something by Sir Arthur C. Doyle or Agatha Christie. Okay but why? Well they understand who they are selling to, their audience mostly wants a unique decetive solving mind boggling murders left and right which might make you try to solve the mysteries yourself as the plot unravels. If someone picks up such a novel who is a fan of romance then they usually won't find what they are looking for.
Should a person complain about not finding chocolates in a Gym equipment store? It's absurd, you can't expect a single store to provide absolutely everything to every possible situation. You need to check the nearby Sweets Emporium if you want bonbons.

Going back to video games, when you pick up a Racing game, chances are there won't be Dating Sims inside. A developer needs to focus on the features which are closest to the genre. It IS why they are buying the game. When games try to appeal to everyone it becomes the new Marvel movies. Reaching for such a wide audience, you are putting key elements in from every demographic, but you can't deepen those things because not everyone wants a story where they actually have to think to understand it.

Attached: 2d1.jpg (600x600, 31.4K)

There’s zombie respawn? That’s dumb as fuck

>70 posts
>35 posters

Attached: A346F2ED-88F1-465E-80EA-4CA8F57DE2D7.jpg (1280x720, 53.31K)

>when you pick up a Racing game, chances are there won't be Dating Sims inside
Only because developers are cowards. Where's my racing dating game?!

all me ;)

>playing for community and recognizition
You should go outside and actually interact with people, you inbred loser
Game shouldn't be created specifically just to fulfill the needs of attention whores

You can fit by taking the initiation test by killing yourself. If you respawn that you're in.

This is just dipshits pissing and moaning they don't "get to be in the cool kids club" or whatever. Childish demands do not have to be met, and the games mission from Demons Souls and onward was always "no handholding, put the work in or do something else."

I remember some dude yelling at a college dorms front desk or whatever about not being allowed in another persons dorm when they had friends hanging out, and the answer was "so what? I can't force them to be friends with you." This is the same case, you need to figure out if you have the ability and willingness to figure out/beat the games or just do something else you can do and stop trying to force yourself into somewhere you don't fit in to begin with.

Attached: 8ff27cb4eeb31187d8b3987d0f029ee81cdcdc23_full.jpg (184x184, 5.7K)

I haven't actually played Factorio. I figure one day the autism will take me, but until then it'll just be a thing that looks cool. Either way, even if brute force works, some people can't even be assed to use brute force. I've definitely played my share of games by being a brainlet, but even then, the difficulty still makes it feel rewarding. These people just don't want to play games, plain and simple.

ding ding ding

Attached: 1644065070473.gif (234x249, 269.07K)

>give me one good reason why elden ring
>elden ring
you are gay

Give the demo a try, it's good fun. I'm dim but I enjoy it for the same reason I always preferred making bases in RTS games to actually fighting the enemy, it scratches that itch.

Attached: screenshot-tick-28166344.png (1366x768, 2.7M)

im done writing baits for this website, I sit there thinking about elaborate, thoughtful baits that would make people angry while being believable and they never get any attention. Then I give in and write the dumbest most normal ass twitter take available and everyone loses their shit taking the entire thread to reply to me. you guys are all honestly retarded and not worth my time

i'm sorry to hear that user

We get it.

hey, you got what you wanted.