What went wrong?

Attached: wow-classic.jpg (1024x512, 92.68K)

the people who play it

you're either playing with people who have been playing for too long or new players who have adhd and just follow guides and do the content that gives them the fastest results rather than exploring the world or treating it like an mmo

>inb4 it's because of muh sjw and trannies

lightning outside of a bottle can't live up to lightning in a bottle

Trannies and tumblr hijacked it and subverted it

Pretty much this. Knowing too much can ruin enjoyment of games. Sometimes the fun part is learning on your own.

Nothing. Classic was fun until TBC ruined everything, just like how it was in the 2000s

>The game you hate... AGAIN
>Wow cucks cum and shiver
>They give blizzard more money
>They pay for the expansions they already have
>Blizzard breaks every promise and makes classic pay to win too
Wow players should just kill themselves, at this point they are living to maintain a company that hates them

Blizzard

People already knew the game inside out for years before it relaunched

'BiS' faggotry, all for wanting to complete dungeons/raids 10 seconds faster? i.e Retards

Activision merger.

It was just a warmup before we finally go home, bros...

Attached: 4356457642626.jpg (1280x720, 276.06K)

there's literally zero chance this lasts more than two weeks for anyone other than soulless tryhards

NO
CUTE
FEET

It was doomed from the start with sharding and rampant bots didn't help either.

No, it's because of zoomers and aging manchildren that should have moved on with their lives 10 years ago.

blizzards refusal to do anything about the bots and gold framing. oh, and the playerbase being faggots.

>Be me
>Decide to play Classic after a long break from WoW
>Questing in Hillsbrad
>Group up with this shaman
>Seems cool, but kind of quiet
>We do a few dungeons together
>He offers to run me sometime on his max lvl
>Think we're becoming bros
>Then he asks me about a troll potion and if I need it for a quest chain that hes also doing
>Never done this quest chain before and say I don't need it and turn the quest in
>He just laughs but doesn't correct me
>Turns out theres a part 3 to this chain and I do in fact need that potion
>Say my bad lol and ask for it
>He starts ignoring me but stays in the group
>Leave and ignore the fag
Tryhard turbo autists ruined Classic.

Attached: 1649199561457.jpg (1024x756, 65.99K)

you making this thread

this

full offense, you sound like the autistic retard in this situation

I'm actually having fun leveling a little mage on Firemaw. It sucks that you can't really find anyone for dungeons other than boosters. I'm never sticking with groups for more than a few quests because I just like to enjoy leveling at my pace and mages are fucking mana whores.

Wrath was the beginning of the end, at least the good in it was really fucking good.

Its not a time machine. The patch number doesn't take us back to a more functional real world with plenty of free time for WoW and friends playing it and the internet being mostly nerds with a lower ratio of shitheads. It wasn't just the game back then it was the people that made it.

The internet was completely mainstream by the 90s and WoW was one of the biggest game of the 2000s (it got a fucking South Park episode dedicated to it) along with being notorious for casualizing the MMO genre.

Because I didn't know every part to an obscure quest chain? Fuck off with that bs.

It's still on TBC.
In 3 years, we got only one expansion.
Now let's look at what non-retarded companies do.
Selo, the official EQ progression server releases shortly before WoW classic.

Attached: 1627484295614.png (463x211, 24.67K)

>They pay for the expansions they already have
Classic only requires a subscription. You don't have to buy the expansion as well.

... And in 2 years, they release all of their content, then merge their servers into live.
They have released all of they 24 expansion faster than it took BLizzard to release 1. Literally just ONE.

Attached: 1630066814016.png (1004x804, 112.1K)

>it got a fucking South Park episode dedicated to it
that episode came out in 2006

Should have done Classic+ but they blew it by remaking the same mistakes.

Everyone was adamant about #NoChanges

Only at the start, then gradually add new content.

#nochanges #nofaggots
sounds about right

Wrath of the Lich King was only enjoyable in its earlier patches. Anything that came after Ulduar made the entire experience absolute dogshit. Presuming we're in magical christmas wonderland and Blizzard doesn't do something stupid like multilayer sharting, level boosting or selling mounts to people, WOTLK will inevitably ruin itself by adding catchup gear and making half its raids pointless to run.

instead of using it to reboot the franchise they just farted out the old junk

shitters got dabbed on by pserver chads and continue to seethe about it

Sprinting through every expansion and merging the servers defeats the entire point going back to when the game was good.

They gave the horde Paladins/Elves and the alliance Shamans/Alienfags, that is when the game ended and I stopped playing. So fucking stupid.

The slowly built up to that point though ->

Why would I ever give money to Blizzard, a company I hate, with people who actively hate me for existing, who (if i paid a sub) would take the money and use it to buy dilation dildos.
Why would I ever help that behaviour when I can just play on a comfy private server with bros?

what private servers you on user?

Catch up gear started in TBC. Ulduar being the best raid Blizz ever put out while also having the shortest shelf life is such a tragedy.

>this expansion was bad but the next one will be good
>next expansion is bad
>next expansion is bad
>next expansion is bad
>next expansion is bad
WoW fans are the most cucked fans in existence.

Nothing, try logging on tonight in....around 10 hours from this post and let me know your queue/wait time.

my server died and i refuse to pay for transfer, so i quit.

WoW was huge even from its start yes. But people with computers able to game were far lower in number back then. It was mostly nerds not everybody. And while in the nerd crowd you do deal with the occasional autism issue overall dickbags to decent people is a decent ratio.

>mainstream in the 90s
Dude a lot of places were still using dialup and AOL into the early 00s. WoW didn't ditch dialup support until I think WotLK. Lots of people up until then were family computer and maybe no internet or bad internet. Even into 2010s tons of people were still buying really shitty laptops to pair with consoles, that was common. People then thought desktops were going to go away around the time of W7 laptops. Use to give me a chuckle since at the time they were drastically shittier processors usually with a dualcore SKU that looked deceptively like a quadcore name while sporting 3-4hrs of battery when new and about 2hrs a year later. Or if it was a store specific model they fell apart in a year or two. Use to fix them back then and people just buy another one to toss into the e-waste pile. Post gen7 though PC definitely picked up and even during gen7 a little. I joined around gen6 which was the kick off of WoW.

>What went wrong?
Literally everything. Also one of your troon janny's deleted a perfectly good xiv thread for no reason. Sorry your games dead faggot, made try killing yourself, that'll fix it.

Dogshit modern MMO community, retail trannies who came into this game playing it like they were playing BFA - selecting the optimal faction, race and class for minmaxing purposes with pserver basement dwellers wiring those minmaxing guides for them in the first place.
Combine this with blizzard's inability or unwillingness to do anything about it (faction queue should be released the moment they introduced character boost because it was obvious that once you invite parse troons from retail who got filtered by vanilla leveling TBC will become monofaction as from a raid logging standpoint having factions is a bad thing) and their long history of horde favouritism (same faction bg queue and changes made to AV) meant that anyone who actually wanted to relive their glory days in classic ended up with soulless cash grab and terrible community.

Trooned out

Doesn't matter. The damage was already done. They haven't done anything to prevent the current state of realms so TBC is already retail 2.0 with zero balanced PvP realms. I'm not interested in playing a 13 years old raid logging sim with piss easy bosses I cleared 100 times. Classic vanilla was soul because of the questing, exploration and random PvP encounters. The actual endgame in those games is trash, especially with modern audiences.

Blizzard. They just don't give a shit.

You forgot the part where the bad xpack from 2-3 expansions prior suddenly becomes good in their minds.

Nothing. The game was and is perfectly fine. It's just old and doesn't hold up anymore. Blizzard didn't do anything wrong it's simply the consequence of keeping an ancient game going when really they should have made wow 2

What made WoW great was its context, people seem to forget it was released in a time before social media went mainstream, when playing woth someone half the world away was still exotic, when the idea of having a Hub in the game where you interacted with random people still had a lot of charm.

Brack was right. Have you already apologized?

>dood mists of pandaria was totally kino
>it's not like at the time everyone played it everyone bitched about it being a zero content endless rep grind with shit dailies
Unironically wow had two (2) good expacs, tbc and wrath. EVERY OTHER XPAC was terrible, every single one. Why? Because wow is just a bad game at its core

I didn't play Classic, because I haven't played WoW in many years. But from what I saw it was about 90% people trying to relive their childhood years, and 10% people new experiencing it for the first time.

And the problem with this is, as most people claim, it's a "solved game", which means that unlike when you were young and experienced Vanilla for the first time and YOU had to go through the process of learning the game world, learning how to progress, learning how to gear up and join raids and incrementally collect pieces of material to make your weapons and maybe if you were super fucking good, maybe get a piece of the best gear in the game, this time no one has to do that.

This time you know where every quest is, you know exactly what steps you need to do, and so does everyone else in your guild. You're not struggling to get past a boss because everyone knows every fight and how to pull the optimal loot from it, while also chain-completing a dozen quests. Everyone knows exactly what to farm for and where and how to do it, and everyone knows how to make a fuckload of gold to pay their guild to farm for them.

You know how many people in Vanilla were hyper-farming turn-ins for the AQ event and scarab fragments for reputation? None. No one was doing that. Everyone was off doing other things they had to do or they just didn't know about it. You know how many people were farming Scarabs for AQ rep or for gold? Literally every single person in Classic.

That's what went wrong.

>#nochanges!
>we loved the game like it was back then!
>actually the game is kinda shit, change things please
>ok so maybe I was too young to have played it back then but the streamer who did said it was good and I trust him
heh

Literally pay to win. You can't start up in this game without paying for gold to then buy gear in raids.

it was literally full of changes that ruined it from the get go

>#NoChanges
No changes was fucked the moment they added sharding. Also releasing with final patch talents but first patch content. Battlegrounds would've been incredibly fun if they had been in at launch, but the delayed patch structure meant they wouldn't release until everyone had already twinked out their 19 rogues.

So you don't play games more than once?

>it's not REAL vanilla!
holy copium

Literally everyone leaving the Vanilla Classic servers and moving to BC to rush through that as well tells you really everything you need to know about why Classic fails.

Attached: winterspring.jpg (1920x1080, 660.66K)

I absolutely do. I've played Dark Souls 1 half a dozen times, I've played Morrowind more times than I can count, and I've put 15,000ish hours into Path of Exile, which means I've played through the same content over a hundred times in that game.

The difference is if I'm going to play a game for a second time or more, it's not to "recapture" a feeling of first playing it, and it's doing so expecting that my knowledge of the game will make it considerably faster and not as challenging. The problem is, people who went into WoW Classic expected that their collective knowledge of the game would NOT make it faster and less challenging. They expected it to be a return to their first time.

Yeah, as soon as they did TBC, I realized that the idea that there was something to the original Classic experience that made it worth preserving was just an excuse to give players something, anything to do, and that inherently means continuing with re-releasing content that everyone has already done before. And for what? WotLK? And then all the way up to Cata? So are you going to have a "Classic" WoW where the world is just back to being the new post-Cata one? And then eventually re-re-release Vanilla because people say they want to go back to it? Nah man.

>People mock "No Changes"
>They finally start changing things in TBCC
>TBCC is ten times the disaster that Classic was

Anyways, the real answer is that WoW was always designed to be the casual MMO experience and doesn't function well when 90% of players are turbovirgin no-lifers.
That's why there's 10x the gold inflation, competition for endgame materials, autism in group building, lack of life in the overworld, and basically every other ill.
Oh and Blizzard raped half the servers week 1 so that people that rolled on, say, Skeram, got a gimped experience.

Ascension is the better Classic/TBC experience nowadays anyway.

Attached: Valley_of_Kings.jpg (1920x1080, 741.02K)

Why are you trying to tell me what other people thought? You don't have a clue. People wanted to play it because it hasn't been officially available for 15 years and the only decent unofficial version was inexplicably shut down by Blizzard. Are you retarded or something?

>The internet was completely mainstream by the 90s
lol no, it was mainstream only in a couple of places, most of its growth was from 2000-2010, that's where the rest of the world got it and where it became full on mainstream, especially with the death of dial up

It was never going to succeed because it was still being run by Blizzard.

On top of that, reddit ruined it like usual with their retarded bullshit opinions.

They took "no changes" literally instead of figuratively. We didn't want the spirit of the game changed. Nobody cared about small details being unchanged. But the 85 IQ niggers on reddit even still today don't understand that.

But it was changed, so how can you blame no changes?

>they literally add a store mount for tbc
kekked so hard

All the chances they've made to TBCC have been good. The fact that players leave en-masse are because of issues other than the changes they made to the game.

refusal to put their foot down and ban all boosting practices because these boosters and goldsellers keep buying accounts and stuff lol
that and a million other things but that's one of the things that's a bleeding, festering wound
You're right. The server split for Vanilla classic and TBC also gutted playerbases, which was a fucking horrid move that they're not doing again for obvious reasons.
People actually talk that same point in-game all the time, but most of us seem to think they're probably gonna go as far as Cata, but a big chunk of people also assume they'll keep going for as long as they need money
especially because of all the litigation and internal fuckups going on atm

All online games have expire date on them: they're incredibly fun and addicting until you reach a point where the casual masses leave and you're left with sweaty tryhards and sociopaths, cheaters and autistic fanboys in denial. This is always the case. The expiry date on WoW was 2010, give or take.
The ultimate vidya redpill is that it's the casuals who put the soul into the game, because they have the rare ability to just enjoy themselves by overlooking flaws. Once you reach that point in the game where you start bitching about your class, build or balance - it's over. The game is no longer fun and becomes this weird competitive job where you're stuck.

the players literally
most of them acted as if this was their time to shine and show how fast they could clear content and how good their cookie cutter builds were
this destroyed the entire sense of wonder the game had, everybody rushed to prove their experience in the game as if it was a problem to be solved and not an experience to be had

>People wanted to play it because it hasn't been officially available for 15 years and the only decent unofficial version was inexplicably shut down by Blizzard.
I mean, first off private servers being shut down isn't "inexplicable". That's extremely strange wording. But I'm answering the question of "Why did Classic WoW fail?". And that answer is rooted in exactly the thought process of the people who played it, which I know because it's demonstrated in their actions.

If what people actually wanted was the old Private Server model where the game is stuck on one specific version and they've created some sort of perpetual mechanics to keep playing it worthwhile(ish), then 100% of the population wouldn't have moved over to TBC as soon as that came out. They would have kept playing Vanilla.

They changed stupid shit that didn't matter.

What they should have changed was tuning up dungeon and raid difficulty. Especially dungeons. Classes should have been fixed so that mobs could have their difficulty raised as well. They refused to change things like the AQ event which was literally braindead retarded.

The things that made the experience of the original game were not present.

being on patch 1.12 was always going to have everyone overtuned for classic content
the content wasn't easy when it came out, because most of the classes really sucked

I really enjoyed phases 1-4 in vanilla. After AQ40 came out bots won and gdkp meta became a thing, that made tbc even more raidlog expac so I quit after SSC/TK.
Maybe going back to wow some day when fresh vanilla starts with slight talent changes.