What does Digimon need to become as popular as Pokemon?

What does Digimon need to become as popular as Pokemon?

Attached: digi.jpg (930x658, 226.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jh3ViqDqc4s
youtube.com/watch?v=5_nXa99j9GQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mOhhuUbwC2w
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlpg6Jqu4z0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good games

A game that lets you marry Ranamon!!!!

Attached: 1628542679244.jpg (700x600, 115.31K)

Appeal to Reddit.

Americans got the censored version of the anime unlike many European countries and LatAm who got the show uncensored so they never experienced the true early 2000s children's anime pervy kino.

Attached: DF.png (698x1187, 846.28K)

If you want to talk about digimon tits can you just be honest about it?

Why does Digimon need to become as popular as Pokemon?

Attached: 1449225869128.jpg (500x500, 49.57K)

so we can get good games

Pokemon would have good games if being popular had anything to do with it user.

Consistency

Popularity has little to do with quality though.

I don't know but I bought some of the games, bought Digivice X and bought a bunch of the trading cards lately. The new set comes out this week.

Digimon's aesthetics are simply not as broadly appealing as Pokemon's and you need to accept that. The things you would have to do to make Digimon as popular as pokemon would make it no longer recognizable.

An unified game design system.
Something they can build upon, something players can learn and bring back to the next game.
You want more than one kind of fans, and you want your fanbases to be able to grow instead of starting over everytime.

they can start by actually releasing digimon survive, which was supposed to come out in 2020. then they can stop censoring their content in the west, no one cares if a fucking nun has guns. the biggest problem they had though in regards to their western market is randomly deciding that they didn't have a western market so they stopped translating the more popular games for 10 years, can't really do much to recover from that except start from scratch with the new gen alpha audience and start re-advertising as if they're new

Attached: 190c5a165e7422748dace9eceb04a70d.jpg (1250x1882, 1.35M)

The TCG is the best thing to come out of digimon in years. Bandai doesn't care enough to give life to redigitize and next order on other platforms. They're even more less effort to prophet than pokemon is no matter what malding faggots in this thread say about pokemon. At least pokemon is consistent digimon is not and the fact is if they could stick to one main genre and have spin offs on a regular basis they'll be fine, oh and they need to drop bandai

>VN without full voice acting
>Releasing on the same day as Xenoblade 3
Nah Bamco's on crack.

Where's my Digimon card game on mobile/pc?! Duel Links is shit and I need my card game fix! REEEEEEEE!!!

Nothing, because literally nothing is as popular as Pokémon.
Instead of trying to 'catch up' to Pokémon, Digimon should just focus on being good and giving fans what they want, which it has been lately.

No they're just stupid because their Shonen jump arena fighter repackaged as tales of Arise didn't get them as much money as they thought it would

Pokémon has actively been shaving off quality for the past few generations specifically because it is so popular that they don't have to make good games anymore. No thank you.

They didn't have the Bolero. THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE BOLERO IN THEIR VERSION.

Attached: Episode 21.webm (638x478, 1.56M)

>At least pokemon is consistent
It's funny that you think that.

Consistently worse with each release.

How is digimon doing these days anyways it was pretty cool as a kid are the most recent seasons still popular with kids?

Makes me happy to see the TCG thriving, especially since it debuted at peak Coof and no one could get physical cards anywhere. My locals for have been growing steady every week due to combination of guys being nostalgic over the anime and card game vets being fed up with the current state of Magic and Yugioh.

"More than one kind of fan" means they only have fans of the designs (either humans or monsters), or splintered fanbases around each game. They have those fans but they don't grow or mix up. Uncensoring past designs or whatever will only placate those same fans, and won't grow the overall base as much.
This acknowledge that design is not everything.
I don't know how much intercompatibility of data there is in Digimon, but this is one angle they could exploit due to the malleability of he digimons themselves (every change can be temporary, so there's more freedom to add and remove new things), with procedural generation of creatures, raise them (pet raising simulation) then transfer them into a platform-fighting game, a dress-up-game, or whatever game they are needed, INCLUDING games that "matter" (a "mainline") with stats and everything. A central pillar (there could be several pillars).
This is something Pokémon tried but didn't perfect with Go, Pocket Pikachu, Pokéwalker, Colosseum (different game types sharing a data format), but it works well when sticking to mainline games (the format doesn't change that much, and patches are possible). And like I said Digimon would have an advantage due to their evolutive malleagility to "change format" between platforms like a filetype being converted.
People love connecting from one platform to another nowadays (see, shared avatars, metaverse). But pulling this off this requires both good vision and good implementation (someone very skilled on the technical side on the helm). A cheap implementation can just ruin the concept.
Also this means building up a "base" of compatible games for decades. Not something an executive would pick up readily.

It's funny that your boissy is so stretched and in your headcannon every mainline pokemon game or anime is fundamentally different. Stop being fucking retarded.
Sword and shield is better than your favorite digimon game

zoomers barely even know of its existence, they pulled digimon from the west for too long, it's mostly millennials that are happy of its return

>Sword and shield
it's a really bad game, like reaaaaally bad. the worst game they've ever released by far

It survives.

>Sword and shield is better than your favorite digimon game
It really isn't, and that's actually pretty sad.

>the worst game they've ever released by far
Nah BDSP has since topped it in shittyness.

Digital version of the card game fucking when?

Had the healthiest and most viable meta in terms of usable mons and options for pvp. Fuck off with your retardation about dex cut or graphics. There's has never once been a digimon game with every available digimon in it or with stable performance and if your gonna go the route of story then guess what retard? People like how simple and non convoluted pokemon is. Just because you have issues with it and hopped on a bandwagon because muh gamefreak and my heckin tendo doesn't make it true

No idea how it’s going with kids but for older fans it’s in a good place.
Glad Ghost Game knows what people want after Tri was a disaster and Kizuna is a misunderstanding of the series.

>pokemon pvp
Holy shit nobody gives a fuck about that utter dogshit fuck off retard.

Attached: 1509330964555.png (211x244, 72.16K)

Popularity isn't always a good thing user

Attached: E75yPLlWYAIStIw.jpg (2048x2048, 386.93K)

Sure they don't retard. I guess all those communities dedicated to pvp, team building and other shit just don't exist because you said so

Untap and TTS are serviceable. Wish it had a simulator as good Yugioh has with EdoPro.

NTA but those people account for an absolutely tiny amount of the fanbase and overall sales.

Nobody gives a fuck about your baby game.

I just want to hit a button and be playing a game with no social interaction whatsoever which you do not get from TTS.

pokemon pvp is just an incredibly autistic version of poker

Games like Pokemon games.
Digimon isn't a collector game which hurts it a lot. You're partnering with people, not pets.

The amount of people that engage in casual pvp is much higher than you think but enjoy your headcannon moron
Nigger that baby game has outsold every digishit game combined
Take your meds

This is exactly where Digimon is failing as mentionned higher by not having different categories of fans, but one big category splintered in several types.
"who gives a fuch about PVP" is the bad kind of mentality but it's the right question.
Most game fans hate the anime. And yet they still buy the game, merch, spend money on NSO, etc. Why? Because they are fan of the game mechanics. They are fans of the PVP.
Different. Kind. of. Fans. Are needed for a healthy ecosystem. They build an overall community, increase the game's visibility (now you have people commenting on how irrealistic that Pikachu fight with the Onix was in addition to people simping ofver the characters), and if you re-use game mechanics from game to game, they will come back and build brand loyalty.

we need more digital MONSTERS and less human looking digimon
also more robots, the robots are always the coolest

Attached: 1623730642020.png (900x710, 524.59K)

Shame most dubfags will never experience the god tier OST the original version of Digimon has.
Some of my favorites:
youtube.com/watch?v=Jh3ViqDqc4s
youtube.com/watch?v=5_nXa99j9GQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mOhhuUbwC2w
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlpg6Jqu4z0

the only thing i say about BDSP is that it was given to a team that had never even made a game before, which SWSH was made by their main team, otherwise yeah it's probably on the same level

yeah you're just strawmanning arguments instead of actually asking me why i consider it a bad game. such a disingenuous way to take criticism. i have absolutely no interest in competitive pokémon pvp so even if it was the best meta ever it means nothing to me. they reused all of the same models that they said they were going to recreate, all of which are lifeless with little to no animation to them even when they use attacking moves. the render distance for wild pokémon is awful, you have to be almost on top of them before they spawn into the map and then they just awkwardly jitter around. the dex cut was a big thing for me because it removed a lot of my favourites, which kills my incentive to play, but what is even worse is them expecting me to pay extra just to get some of those pokémon back despite them all being the same 3ds models anyway. doesn't have mega evos which i thought was an amazing addition. i don't like dynamax as a concept or a mechanic at all. even down to the smaller details such as not being able to turn off the exp share is annoying and a pointless change. i know you're going to ignore all of this and just insult me because you're blindly loyal and can't take differing opinions but i thought i'd try to enlighten you anyway

Nobody gives a fuck retard

>my incentive to play
Exactly. Yours. Now fuck off. If you want to write off a game because of some superficial shit I don't care. Literally not my problem

God I love One Vision. One of the many reasons why Tamers was the best. Sakuyamon’s version for her debut in particular was perfect.

yes, mine. just like yours is to suck its dick no matter what, yours. see how that works?

>No argument
>pretends like he somehow won it
The iq of the average digifag. You missing out on the game and community because you're a butt hurt retard upset about insignificant nonsense doesn't affect my life at all dipshit

Even if you have no interest in PVP it still comes back because there are people discussing PVP without participating in it, people discussing with those people etc. Which finally forms a large discussion base that increases the game's visibility and gives it a "good game" brand.
The points you mention are true and they appear in reviews. But the image of a game is not black and white or even on a spectrum. It's the sum of all the vectors of information you add up over time.

You are arguing over the absolute quality of a game. If everything they added was up-to-par. If it "passes the test". While a game just need to hit the right aspects in some points, just get that one question right, to be successful.

And I agree with you that Sword Shield main story is absolute dogshit, botch conceptually and on the technical side. I didn't buy the DLC because I didn't want to encourage them (even though people that love basic stories claim "it's better now"). I still managed to get several hundred of hours of playtime with the PVP/breeding (even though it was tough getting in Masterball without the DLC moves/mons).

i wrote down an entire paragraph but you ignored absolutely all of it and then said i don't have an argument. what?

i just have absolutely no interest in pvp so i wouldn't consider it an overall good game based off of that. pokémon to me has been like the slogan "gotta catch 'em all" and i focus on collecting my favourites, breeding, shiny hunting etc. on top of everything i mentioned before, the fact that they advertised the pokémon bank, a paid service as a way to transfer my pokémon from USUM over to console and then later turned around and said i couldn't actually do this because they are being cut from the dex is ridiculous from a game design aspect

>Mfw just bought two booster boxes of these cards

I don't even play the card game. I just enjoy collecting the cards.

I forgot to add but I haven't paid for Pokémon Bank or the other subscriptions either user but that's because my last game was Black 2 and I was gifted Shield.
I had never done competitive builds before SwSh but they made so many Quality of Life changes in that one that it was really easy getting into it and building a team from scratch. Even compared to subsequent entries, it is the easiest game to get into PVP for.

You and 99% of the people who buy trading cards

I think MTG people at least play their game

(this QoL includes the breeding and shiny hunting you are mentioning)

>i wrote down an entire paragraph but you ignored absolutely all of it and then said i don't have an argument. what?
Yea because it's a bunch of irrelevant dog shit that has nothing to do with sword and shield actually being bad but instead was a series whiny bitch nitpicking that every anti pokefag spits out of their ass hole regardless of if it's true or not

Better games and tv shows