How did they fuck up the final boss so bad?

How did they fuck up the final boss so bad?

Attached: Elden Beast.jpg (1920x1080, 290.78K)

Rushed product with a patch job ending

It'd be an okay midgame boss somewhere, like Astel, but it's terrible for a final boss.

Name 3 reasons why

It was fine. I'm just glad Melania was optional and not the final boss.

>Name 3 reasons why

Attached: (you).png (600x800, 10.53K)

Radagon alone is still better than the vast majority of souls game final bosses.
As an aesthetic feast, the Elden Beast really only feels like a victory lap.

Here's my ranking:
1. Sword Saint Isshin
2. Radagon/Elden Beast
3. Isshin Ashina
4. Soul of Cinder
5. Gehrman
6. Gwyn
7. Mergo's Wet Nurse
8. Moon Presence
9. Nashandra
10. Aldia
11. Allant

I genuinely don't get the fuss over Elden Beast. I actually enjoyed fighting it with a melee build and I feel like it gets a bad rep just because it requires a little more patience. Felt like a more "complete" version of Divine Dragon.

Attached: crucifixion.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

I don't look like that, and you just proved to be a parrot faggot

I was just annoyed running to the other side of the arena to hit it, only for it to teleport back to the other side AGAIN

The fucking beast flies to the other end of the map and I'm stuck chasing it around. This aint track and field, bitch. It's annoying, it's boring, it's not fun. Radagon is also very annoying with his aoe spam. He did his aoe stomp 3x in a row in this fight, which was silly too.

I'm glad I can finally drop this game now

If you just run normally, it exhausts a certain number of attacks then you can sprint afterwards to go for the kill. If you don't try to rush at it every time it changes position, I find that it stays put more often than not.

>Here's my ranking:
>1. Sword Saint Isshin
isnt that the guy that dsp beat on his first try?

>9. Nashandra
nigger you are brain damaged

Between how Elden Beast plays and how half finished the horse combat feels I wonder if they were last minute ideas that they didn't really get to work through. Fighting on horseback feels like fucking dogshit half the time.

Its more that Radagon is a fast and satisfying fight, but he has so little health it ends right as you start to get into it, and then you have to slog though EB's giant healthbar. No one would complain about EB if it was its own fight somewhere in the mid-game.

extremely difficult or impossible to avoid damage ticks are fucking gay. having to rush down elden beast before it manages to do the elden stars move for a flawless fight is really fucking stupid. it is at least much easier after the 1.04 patch.

The mechanics of the fight just don't hold up to the rest of the endgame bosses. I also don't understand what the fuck the elden beast is or what it wants. Visually it's very cool though.

Elden Ring is literally perfect, you're the one who's so bad.

>1. Sword Saint Isshin
>2. Radagon/Elden Beast
Based. I've been doing co-op with people just to fight Radagon and Elden Beast multiple times. Between the snappiness of Radagon's moveset to the deliberate pace and spectacle of the Elden Beast, it's a genuinely fun boss fight. Similarly, I tend to revisit Sekiro just to fight Isshin every and now then (noth normal and Inner versions).

Attached: 1650009251377.png (1080x1080, 1024K)

It's probably your weapon. The flail is fun as fuck to use on horseback.

Unpopular opinion, I like Elden Beast, it's visually cool and has great music, and is mostly there to make sure you mastered Radagon before you beat the game.

Also, besides Isshin, the final bosses of Souls games have been bad

I've used a few and it's just not very satisfying. For most horseback bosses I'd just hop off so I could use my shield. Doesn't help that Torrent has almost zero i-frames so trying to dodge or hop over attacks is pretty pointless.

>posts webm of him getting btfo
Yeah, user, good """fighting"""

>he has so little health
I'm OP. I didn't feel this way at all and thought I should be doing more damage than I did. Curved swords are +24 and +25, fire and cold respectively. Apparently Radagon's weak to fire but I still felt weak. Although my terrible point of reference is seeing elajjaz beat him in ~10 hits

Attached: file.jpg (3300x1074, 902.41K)

i wish there was an inner version of the fire isshin fight

i fuckin love that boss

>aoe spam

Attached: ELDEN_RINGTM_20220503211222 1.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

radagon has low resistance to fire but the vast majority of your damage is slashing which he is 35% resistant to anyway. if you're mixing fire and cold infusions your scaling is probably borked anyway since you don't really have a good stat to dump points into.
it's better to bank on using staggers against radagon because he leaves himself open for long periods of time, and a strike weapon if possible since he only has 10% resistance to that.

Attached: radagon.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

kek, this fucker is annoying but this guy's health actually IS fairly low, so you won't have to deal with that shit for long

I was running cold and bleed for most of the game. I only started testing out different damage types for Radagon because I was barely doing damage to him. I kept cold because it has the highest damage total, but I don't understand the intricacies of split damage. I didn't play around staggers because my curved swords only managed to do it once in the 10+ times I've fought him

It feels like the same fuss over DoH which also loves to leap/jump the fuck away and throw out long range moves. He's fine as an optional superboss but it wouldn't be as enjoyable had he been the final boss over Isshin for some reason

Attached: Demon_of_Hatred.png (480x650, 540.82K)

Not my webm but I just like Elden Beast's moveset.

Attached: 1650003987972.jpg (3840x2160, 833.04K)

Fair enough. Though I guess I actually enjoyed Demon of Hatred too, enough that I still replay that boss fight.

Elden Ring was my first Dark Souls game. The only bosses I enjoyed were Malenia and Radagon and the gameplay.. could have been better. Think the other games are up my alley?

The other games are that, but easier.

The general consensus is that Elden ring perfected the previous games. However I don't feel like that at all. I fucking hate elden ring and I don't plan to touch the game ever again. So I'll honestly say, you just have to try it. Dark souls 1 is a solid place to start.

elden ring has the worst boss design in the series so you'll probably like the other games more

the dead time in doh isn't even close to elden whore, doh is one of the best bosses in the series

>He did his aoe stomp 3x in a row in this fight
That's like, how the attack works
He does 3 aoe slams

Don't listen to this faggot, Elden Ring applies all the things people love about the "Best" bosses in the series as the baseline of fights. He just got filtered.

let me stop you right there
demon of hatred is awesome and engaging, and sekiro has multiple tools to quickly close distance and react to the good variety of aoe moves that demon of hatred throws out.
elden beast is fucking stupid and would just waste your time over and over prepatch along with having an even more aggressively shit camera when you DO get into melee range
I had to learn the stagger thresholds for radagon by heart pretty much since I was doing hitless lvl1 boss runs. radagon alone was basically scripted every time since getting one crit off would push him into the health threshold attacks (golden stomp + jump is the first, then triple gold breaker is the second)

This lmao.

They didn't.
EB is fine. Do more cardio you dweeb.

Conflicting messages to say the least. I listed the two bosses I enjoyed. Difficulty wasn't really an issue. Gameplay was bad but I suspect that was mostly due to the open world for me.

I don't know how they go from Sekiro's camera to this, imagine fighting something like Guardian Ape with Elden Ring's camera. I'm fully convinced there is an A team and B team at Fromsoft.

boss design really regressed in elden ring, the previous games have better bosses overall. Both malenia and radagon have bad design choices even though they can be mostly fun to fight

>can't name a single reason
>posts a wojack
you are the lowest form of life on this website.

>Gameplay was bad but I suspect that was mostly due to the open world for me.
Play Dark Souls 1 then, it's the same game but without the shitty open world, just interconnected areas with cool level design like Stormveil or Lucaria.

He would have been way better as some side boss to drive home how physically dangerous the normally intangible outer gods would be to humanity if they were allowed greater purchase in the lands between. Like Astel. And maybe a beefed up longer Radagon fight as the last.

Instead it feels like a space whale out of no where.

Attached: astel.jpg (2768x1902, 458.94K)

i'm certain there was supposed to be some sort of dynamic FOV implementation and they forgot to flag it as activated
I KNOW it exists, because it's demonstrated in one part of the game--by the troll in Stormveil castle the camera will zoom out a bit.
that said the camera in Sekiro wasn't great either (remember the lone shadow in the starting well?) but the boss arenas were generally better constructed to allow for free player and camera movement.

ER bosses were fine, including EB.

It's insane how hard the critic community got filtered by ER. It's literally just endless shitters crying about an easy mode, not getting it, then spamming "ER sucks" and "Boss fights are terrible" garbage all over the internet.

you're wearing the silver tear mask which reduces your physical damage moron

It's called 'faggotposting' for a reason.

He's wearing the black dumpling helm you homosexual faggot

I'm also of the opinion bosses in elden ring are regressed from previous games. Some are cool but most of them are honestly terribly designed. Bosses in elden ring all have retarded amounts of reach on their attacks, they all have fast gap closers, they all have aoe, they all have unlimited stamina, they all are incredibly relentless where they just string 7 hit combos together constantly, the worst of all is that all bosses and basic enemies in elden ring track you and read your inputs.

I think you'd like dark souls 3 more. No open world bullshit so it's tighter more connected level design, combat is similar, bosses are better and the music is better.

This. As a tradeoff, it raise your Arcane which is useless against Radagon/EB. OP basically nerfed himself and then goes on to bitch about his damage output.

>alright so this boss spends most of the fight running away
That's how.

>reeeeee, I couldn't spam RoB and end the fight in 8 seconds, instead the end of the game boss fight took 60 seconds, i want my money back for the game being too short, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Elden Beast is fine. If the problem lies with your DPS then you probably fucked something up with your build. Also Radagon is very easy to stagger, and yet somehow OP only triggered that 1 out of 10 times.

I leapt 80 feet away before you finished your comment, try posting it again.

>You are the lowest form hpk8v
of life on this website

Attached: 1652031987740.gif (435x498, 1.33M)

Did you have a stroke?

>Radagon alone
Well he's not alone, he's paired with trash, so they ruined it.

I bet you hated the chase scene in Terminator 2.

>wahhhh, the chase scene was 10 minutes long! it was just one guy running after another guy. BOOOOOR-ING.

I'm 100% positive you're also a dialogue-skipper, so go fuck yourself with a broomhandle.

False King isn't the final boss.
DeS cucks will never stop coping about it either.

Different user. That was an incredibly weak response. Comparing anything T2 to Elden Beast. WTF?

>He fucked up the captcha that badly

Attached: LLL2311jejii1a.jpg (972x791, 54.23K)

How much damage per hit OP? Elden Beast has high resist against all elemental damage.