GNU/Linux gaming

So, what games have you played recently on your GNU + {,systemd} + Linux machine lately?

Attached: 1625204843829.png (640x763, 119.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/news-story/radeon-rx-6950xt-to-cost-1099rx-6750xt-549rx-6650xt-399.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

literally all of them

name 17

Sven Co-Op

Attached: peanyworldbeta1-1-2022-05-05-0003.jpg (2560x1440, 303.42K)

Deathloop performs like shit on my 6600XT, 60 fps indoors, ~30fps with massive stuttering outdoors.

Long ago. In the land of the forgotten of darkness of wrath, there long lived a man of great wisdom. This did state, many an eon ago, wisdom that is true to this day.
>Debian based > all other distros
>AMD > nShitia + Incel
>GNOME > KDE
this is great wisdom that (you) should embrace and own as your own.

ah I see you are using GuhNOHM
I am more of a dwm guy myself

Fedora+Gnome is the true white man's choice

Call me when their package manager is fast instead of slow. God with fedora sometimes its even about half as slow as windows.

I recently fire up Dex, and I'm surprised how interesting it is. Nothing substantial to say yet, but I'll definitely be going back to it.
It's DRM free too, so that's a plus.

just beat Antaresian Reliquary in DSDA.
was cash

Does anyone here use Lutris? Does it symlink your wineprefixes like Steam does, or does it copy the files instead, wasting space?

>Does it symlink your wineprefixes like Steam does
how does steam symlink wineprefixes again?

A lot of files in Steam's compatdata folders use symlinks to files in ~/.local/share/Steam

Why are you watching the package manager

There's literally no reason to babysit it. That's like watching paint dry.

like what in particular? there are symlinks for documents, music, videos and so on but it's a standard wine feature

dlls

I want to move to Linux but I hear the Nvidia experience is terrible there and AMD is much better for Linux. I'm in the market for a new GPU to replace my old GTX 1060 anyway and I was wondering if the RX 6800 XT was a good buy. It's pretty close to MSRP now.

Attached: 81-70VBUexL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1226x1500, 215.64K)

does it though? I just browsed through my steam compatdata directory and find -type l returns only few irrelevant symlinks

The nvidia experience was terrible, you aren't going to run into any real issues.

It does for me, but not for every dll. I can see I have thousands of symlinks in my compatdata if I run "find -type l |wc -l" there

Played a lot of TF2 recently, going to play either Nicer Automata, Stalker Clear Sky or Marathon.
The GOG and Linux versions didn't get the final update, only the Windows version on Steam did.

nvidia works for me but I have a very new, top end card
6800 XT is solid

okay there is a few but they total to 50 MB or something
singular, empty wine prefix is over 500MB of win32 and almost 900 for win64 anyway

>L*nux
>command line
>no Nvidia drivers
>no printer support
>open source which means you can get hacked at any time
>gaming
Uhhh... . Super Tux Kart?

>open source which means you can get hacked at any time
top zozzle

Attached: borked.jpg (1004x215, 87.88K)

>I want to move to Linux but I hear the Nvidia experience is terri-ACK

Attached: 1651575908445.png (768x719, 359.83K)

Congrats on your giving Linux a chance! I'll be honest, Nvidia is okay on Linux but only if you use proprietary drivers (and you may still run into a few issues). AMD however supports FOSS drivers on Linux and the experience is great overall and its nice to support AMD who supports Linux (even the proprietary drivers an an "add on" to the baseline FOSS drivers for AMD).

For GPUs, the 6800XT is a great buy. For maximum value, try and get the 6800XT "reference" (ie its black and silver, no matter who makes it it has the same look to it, 3 fans. Look on the AMD site official buy direct for the aesthetic. ) as its cheaper than any AIB (ie made by 3rrd party custom boards. The best of them, like Sapphire Toxxic and PowerColor RedDevil, Asus ROG are a little better than reference but they're not worth the addiitional cost generally) . Alternately you can get the 6900XT - go to the official AMD site, if you'd pay any more than $999 for the 6800XT AIB (like that XFX Merc etc) or close to it, just get the reference 6900XT!

Oh, here's a tip for a friendly Linux user - literally tomorrow, the new top of the line 6950XT is coming out. There's also going to be some other "6x50" models coming out which are solid, but no 6850XT that I know of (there's a 6750XT which is a nice ugprade over 6700XT and 5950XT which is the new high end for a minor surcharge, like $100 over the reference 6900XT). So keep that in mind. Good luck!

>6950XT wtf how did I not hear about this

Attached: senkoshock.png (540x538, 414.77K)

When did you heard that 2012? I'm on a 1060 6gb right and now, never had an issue.

Attached: 1652067709357.gif (500x372, 864.46K)

Admittedly its was oldfags on hardware sites (hardforum, overclockdotnet etc) picking through rumor sites and shit for good, reliable info. Example with the date - guru3d.com/news-story/radeon-rx-6950xt-to-cost-1099rx-6750xt-549rx-6650xt-399.html .

Go AMD. nVidia isn’t as good as shill on Yea Forums claim. It has a lot of issues.

Attached: 71DF8F9B-E0C6-4028-AF4F-C01D6BBDBE32.jpg (1363x1470, 290.85K)

You realise that the more you and your fellow retards use a term out of context the faster it loses any meaning, thus people will take you less seriously?

nVidia is a scum company and runs like shit on windows. It’s runs even worse on Linux. You have to a legit shill to spam post their (nVidia) shitty products.

Feels good and nostalgic

Attached: 1639475963894.png (1920x1080, 1.91M)

Do I need to install xf86-amdgpu on arch? Or do I just need mesa drivers? My performance without it is fine without it, do I need it for specific cases?

lol
I remember the caltrops

based
fuck, I should get some friends to co-op through Half-Life again
or that pizzeria mission, that is fun as well

I just have mesa and it werks

Finally beat days gone on arch now I'm playing Lego marvel superheroes 2 on arch and occasionally taking breaks to play Blazing Chrome in arch you should ask me how I got so smart

Attached: 1652137858445.png (600x617, 30.88K)

It finally happened, I've come across with pirated games I couldn't make Lutris run. Neither Fallout 3 or Immortals Fenyx Rising run for me.

Attached: 1494769232680.jpg (1280x720, 86.54K)

Add them to steam as non steam games and run proton

It doesn't work either. The button goes back to "run" immediately as soon as I press it.

dude i cant even get my amd card to play nicely with osrs, much less a real game
tried hopping from manjaro to fedora, same issue
gw2 runs like a slideshow
osrs lags like shit
hell my cursor lags when im using kde
im done with linux for a while. im just going to use it for linux shit and use windows for gaming.

what driver version/kernel version

JackST....if you're out there....im going to find you

Attached: Screenshot_20220509-162100.jpg (1080x1578, 436.87K)

very playable

as far as I know they do not harm your system in any capacity so I just use them

Mainly just Elden Ring and Rocksmith. Played a bit of Hero's Hour too.

read some logs, you might miss some dlls
also go to winehq, they usually have good summaries on games and how to make them run, or at least it will help you cope when others report games as not working

>IT ONLY CRASHES EVERY FEW MINUTE TO AN HOUR
>IT ONLY DROPS TO SINGLE DIGIT FPS EVERY 10 MINUTES
I know for a fact these are problems that all non windows Vista specific machines suffer from but holy shit why do so many reports have to try and make things sound so much better than they are. There are issues where fallout3 will just fucking stop autosaving, now imagine playing for 58 minutes and it crashes and you have no autosaves

Thoughts on Solus? Was thinking of giving it a go on a laptop I just bought.

Is KDE as unstable as they say?

when I used it on my laptop it never crashed as far as I can recall

Depends who you ask.
I run Nvidia with proprietary drivers and had 0 crashes on KDE, and gnome shit itself within minutes before I moved to KDE but I don't see any KDE shills shitting on Gnome the way gnome shills shit on kde

>It just werks lol

Attached: 1648702186766.jpg (648x648, 85.01K)

Where do you keep your wine prefixes? Inside the game folder, centralized in a single folder etc.

~/.local/share/wineprefixes
simple as

I played new vegas which is super similar to fallout 3, just had to run normally with wine.

Depends what you mean by "unstable". It rarely actually "krashes" but it's plagued by a million of minor issues and the UI/UX is often impressively bad.
KDE developers will look at an issue that literally only happens on their DE and they'll blame it on GPU drivers lmao

In the home folder. Truthfully I never look at my prefixes.
What's the best way to manage them, or is there anything I need to manage for them? Should I delete old prefixes, backup prefixes?
Same with steam, I assume it handles all the proton prefixes.

steam handles its own for each appid
can use lutris, bottles, or manual winecfg for your own prefixes; just make sure to name them sensibly and it should be relatively easy to keep track of em regardless of where you throw them

Shadow Warrior 2, finally getting around to it.