Gameboy colors that haven't been tampered are like an animal going extinct...

Gameboy colors that haven't been tampered are like an animal going extinct. I hope you are doing your part to ensure buying one and preserving it, keeping it away from mods. Fellow millenials, get your childhood toy back before all the zoomers buy em up and are impossible to find.

Attached: 51TIgev9CUL._SY445_.jpg (274x445, 20.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zedlabz.com/products/noise-reduction-filtering-tantalum-capacitor-mod-for-nintendo-game-boy-color-680uf-6-3v-gbc-panasonic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wonderswan bros where we at?

Attached: Wonderswan.jpg (640x427, 23.9K)

Reminder that backlit LCD mods introduce input lag and look like shit because of the non native res screen.

Attached: Gameboy.jpg (1024x444, 59.35K)

I prefer the term Gameboys of Color, or GoC for short.

Nope, the FunnyPlaying Pixel IPS is so named because it maintains the original pixel ratio.

eh, we've got emulators. I can't say I'm disappointed, they kinda sucked to play. I do have a GBA SP, a PS1, and an N64 I'm keeping for nostalgia purposes.

>pwease buy my ebay listings boo hoo
No thanks. Why would anyone want a GBC when you can emulate it on a screen you can actually see?

I have a clear green one

>ratio
Still not native res, still has input delay and looks like playing in an emulator.

>Still not native res
Yeah, it's the same ratio though, so the only difference is that you can use a range of scanlines/pixel grid effects if you wish
>still has input delay
nah lol
>and looks like playing in an emulator.
In the sense that emulators have backlit screens which don't look like complete trash, yeah.

My absolute unit of a gameboy.
S tier condition if it wasn't for this weird stain on the screen.

I'll put an IPS screen and battery kit on it tho.
But I already use those rechargeable AA Batteries from Sony on it, maybe I don't need to butcher the case.

Attached: Untitled-2.jpg (1348x1198, 789.71K)

This. Plus I still have an Advanced SP and new battery pack I bought last year so I'm good.

>nah lol
Non native resolution = requires upscaling which means input delay.
>In the sense that emulators have backlit screens which don't look like complete trash, yeah.
Why not just play in an emulator then?

>all less than a second
Unless you are a casual you don't need to care about this. There is inherently input lag with all computing devices. As long as it's not so noticeable that you're literally pressing and having to sit there waiting for it to respond, if you notice it at all you'll quickly get used to it.

>Gameboy colors that haven't been tampered are like an animal going extinct.
No they're not, there were more than 110 million sold. Prices on ebay are just going up because zoomies were bored during covid and latched onto the GBC for whatever reason. You can still find these things laying around in people's houses and at garage sales for like 5 bucks. Just ask your uncle or someone and they'll probably dig one out for you for free.

I'm a 18 year old zoomer and I bought one and will never mod it.

I will also probably buy a modded one with a backlight and a link cable to go with it too.

I'm a boomer and this is what I did, I still have my childhood one and then I bought a new one and replaced the case and screen. Playing on the modded one is so much better

I have a fully stock Atomic Purple GBC with a broken battery hatch and a dead speaker sitting around somewhere

Yeah, the OG is nice for that proper retro feel, but I wanna play it at night without getting a migraine from the reflection of my phone flashlight on the shitty screen lmao
Bluetooth support would also be cool so I could connect to my AirPods or speakers

I don't think bluetooth mods exist for it, or if they do then I didn't see them. Just be aware that when you install a backlit screen, the additional power draw is more than the GBC's caps can handle, which results in a sort of screeching noise from the speaker which changes depending on the brightness level. You can significantly reduce this by installing one of these capacitors - look for one with a noise-reducing capacitor if you can (or do it yourself but it's nasty)
zedlabz.com/products/noise-reduction-filtering-tantalum-capacitor-mod-for-nintendo-game-boy-color-680uf-6-3v-gbc-panasonic

IPS screens are fucking soulless and you might as well just emulate if you're going to put one on a Gameboy. The mods that have the pixel grids except with a backlight are based though. Why would OP want to play on the shitty original screens that aren't backlit?

>The mods that have the pixel grids except with a backlight are based though.
Those are IPSes too

>No they're not, there were more than 110 million sold
118 million is the GB family, not just GBC. But yes, the 50+ million we last heard for GBC specifically is definitely not rare.

>Why would OP want to play on the shitty original screens that aren't backlit?
Because he isn't a cock inhaling fag for once.

Didn't know that. Cheers for the heads up.

>wanting to relive childhood memories of not being able to see shit
lol the zoomers can keep them

my collection of the entire GB line is all original but I never play on them, the screens are dogshit

nigga just go outside

Sorry OP I like being able to see what I'm playing.

Attached: IMG_20220405_200432_970.jpg (1920x1920, 522.78K)

fuck no

Astonishingly based

Attached: gbc.jpg (2504x4144, 2.34M)

Is that Pokémon Prism?

congrats to those that kept their old gameboys in good condition. I've lost most of my gameboys to time when I was a kid. Fuck trying to buy a used unmodified one now a days, they tend to be grossly overpriced by sellers.
Pic related is what I use. Flash carts in both ports with GB/GBC emulators on the DS flashcart. Works for me.

Attached: dslite9834759834.jpg (837x877, 192.18K)

I got my classic NES GBA SP stolen and I still seethe about it.

Is there like a cart where I can stick an SD card and play every GBA game ever?

I turned a really shitty Gameboy color into a Gameboy Horror because I always wanted one after playing Luigi's mansion, but I kept the screen stock only swapped the shell.

Attached: Spooky Gameboy.jpg (4032x3024, 1.83M)

I still have my OG DS Lite from when I was a kid. Well over 15 years old now, and the only things wrong with is the B button is a bit unresponsive and the wiring for the left speaker is fucked. Both easy fixes though, just can't be arsed. Even the original charging cable works perfectly fine and the battery on the DS is still in perfect condition. I usually go through like 2/3 phone cables a year and the batteries start going shit after 3 or 4 years lmao.

that actually looks pretty nice

Attached: 1570029023360.jpg (500x382, 70.02K)

why? I can already play all those old games

Attached: file.png (1360x1360, 1.87M)

Ambernic.

Continuing this post, what's the absolute best portable console to put a shit load of games on it?

>Is there like a cart where I can stick an SD card and play every GBA game ever?
Yeah, look up Flash Carts. All the old game systems with cartridges have these.

I left the batteries in mine and it's been sitting in a box for 20 years.

Attached: 1521693847132.jpg (359x347, 23.15K)

Hacked N3DS and hacked Vita is all you'll ever need.

The 3DS or Vita with emulators installed will give you a fucking huge library. Or if you don't want to spend as much just install Retroarch on your phone/tablet and buy one of those controller attachments

Lmao you've got a housefire waiting for you, have you seen the shit old batteries are capable of? They're going to be the "why did we have asbestos and lead paint" of the next ten-twenty years.

Attached: Fat Kevin laugh.jpg (1200x981, 404.07K)

Personally, I've seen PSP or the Vita as great options, especially if you have these collecting dust somewhere already.
If you're interested in random chink emulation machines, I can't really help you, since their are countless numbers of them shits.

The Vita seems to be the best one, this may seem dumb but, what's like the latest console emulable on vita?

They're just alkaline batteries, brainlet.

I've built a few. Love the laminated screens.

Pokemon Crystal Maeson.

It's a cool hack but the creator went way overboard with the difficulty, all Pokemon have near-legendary tier stats and a lot of the types strengths/weaknesses have changed.

Buffing shitmons to make them viable is one thing but you can't fuck with the type chart I've known for 20+ years.

Attached: Crystalboy v2.0 collage.jpg (1440x1440, 270.56K)

alkaline batteries don't work like lithium batteries do. at most they leak acid.

Where do you get the cases made?

Oh I thought he had an SP. Check your Ds' and PSPs though, those are starting to bloat.

I think ps1 & n64 when it comes to a full library. Though, some ps2 games are able to be emulated iirc. I remember Dreamcast games being emulated being a thing, also.

I've never liked the translucent cases.
So many people seem to like them and it just makes me feel weird. I don't like being able to see the guts of my electronic.

Attached: 61vi4-7L0qL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1500x1200, 126.75K)

Bluish Squirrel.

He does custom UV printing for about £25

I never saw the point of modding handhelds. If you want all the modern conveniences there's a plethora of emulation handhelds.

OEM shape, feel, a bit of nostalgia, and being able to play your original carts.

Whenever I get a fully loaded emulator machine or handheld I get bored scrolling through endless lists of games. Sometimes it's nice to just take one or two carts with me on a trip.

Attached: gameboys.jpg (1402x1097, 489.55K)

>Buy SP IPS screen with prelaminated lens so I don't have to worry about fucking it up and getting dust trapped between the screen and the lens.
>It comes with specs of dust stuck under lens.
Goddamn it china.

Attached: wkeab2t3p9x71[1].jpg (1017x880, 210.22K)

I don't like not physically owning the games.

That's really stupid. There's no difference between the ROM on an SD card and the ROM in a cartridge.

That left one is sexy, damn you even got blue membrane pads for the buttons. Very nice.

So just don't hoard ROMs...? This is a totally self imposed problem.

hahaha, i played elden ring. im used to more than 1000 ms

I'm an emulatorfag myself but can kinda see why someone would enjoy the ritual of swapping the cartridges and all that. If you're gonna buy old consoles may as well go full nostalgia