Dante

Dante.....

Attached: Screenshot (476).png (1366x768, 985.31K)

WE ARE
FALLING
THE LIGHT IS CALLING
TEARS INSIDE ME
CALM MEEEE DOOOOOWN

MIDNIGHT
CALLING
MIST OF RESOLVING
CROWN ME
WITH THE
PURE GREEEEEN LEEAAAF

PRAISE TO MY FATHER (LIFE OF VENGENCE A PASSIVE TEST)
BLESSED BY THE WATER (UNTIL THE GRAVE I WILL REST)
BLACK NIGHT, DARK SKY (ENGAGE THE PRESSURE UNTIL IT CRUMBLES)
THE DEVIL'S CRY (THE EXISTENCE OF THE LIFELESS BACK SOULS)

BLESS ME WITH THE (ONWARD TO THE SACRED BATTLEFIELD)
LEAF OFF OF THE TREE (WHERE JUSTIFICATION AND LIMITS ARE REVEALED)
ON IT I SEE (TOOLS OF STEEL IN RAGE THEY CONQUER)
THE FREEDOM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIGN (WEED OUT THE KILLING OF VICTIMS STALKER)

Attached: pepesing3.jpg (801x358, 28.08K)

RIDICULOUS

Attached: 75ab693b58b618.jpg (208x294, 17.33K)

bros how is DMC5? I've only played DMCs 1, 3 and 4. anywhere where I can relearn the story of these game? It's been so long.

seconding this, I recently played 1-4 (fuck 2) because it was on sale but my PC can't run 5, considering buying it on a second hand ps4

DMC5 is pretty good. It includes a story summary video. If you want a more in-depth refresher then I'd say to just replay 1,3,4; the games aren't very long on a repeat playthrough.

It's basically DMC4.5. More weapons, more and better balanced moves, more enemies and bosses (which are also better compared to 4), more characters.
>anywhere where I can relearn the story of these game?
There is a brief recap video inside the game itself. It lasts maybe 3 minutes and recaps the most important parts of the story. If you want something more in depth maybe watch a YT vid recapping the story (there are dozen of those).

Would fighting Arkham mutated Sparda have been a more kino final boss like the game sort of teased?
I feel like having the final Vergil fight then Spardarkham with help from Vergil would've theoretically been more kino.

thanks DMCbros

Attached: benedict.jpg (760x507, 32.25K)

>defeat main antagonist/big evil of the story
>after that there is still some unfinished business with your rival
It doesn't get any more kino than this. It's what NGB also did and it was great. Also Azazel in God Hand should have been the final boss after Angra.

It has more in common with DmC than dmc4 but you anons aren't ready to have that conversation

>It's what NGB also did and it was great.
Murai is the big bad tho. It's not really comparable. Doku is more of that games Vergil than anything and you finish him a bit before the final stretch.

lol
lmao

5 uses 4 as the base for the gameplay and adds/changes stuff on top of that. You could argue it's DmC in aesthetic but not even that much desu

That echoing Dante when you land the final blow on Vergil is my favorite moment in DMC3, it's such a good detail

Attached: 1554705958767.png (473x321, 306.22K)

>playing the garbage HD version with messed up textures
lolz

>Danteih-nteih-eih...

Not in a million years

Attached: I_can_take_that_right.png (1302x522, 594.97K)

What do you guys think was Capcom's reaction when Dan just non-chalantly leaked DMC5? Also, why didn't his slip become bigger news at the time?

Attached: 1553356777595.jpg (284x419, 24.83K)

Kill yourself, Tameem

>Am I... Being defeated?
I fucking love the absolute confusion in his voice as he says that.

What would sex with Vergil be like

Attached: 1555200703172.png (640x320, 32.7K)

>mfw seeing dmc3 trailer for the first time with Devils Never Cry playing
Nothing will ever top it.

Attached: 1615422782661.jpg (2522x1578, 1.14M)

It would feel like time itself has stopped.

its really amazing to me how dmc manages to thread the line between edge cringe and pure kino so well

DmC is kino. Fuck you all.

>Is this... my limit
luv muh rizen
luv muh v
luv muh vergil
luv muh yamato
luv muh beo
luv muhrage edge
luv muh book
luv muh cane
luv muh pets
luv muh tree
luv muh fruit
luv muh powa
luv nero
'ate dante
'ate arkham
'ate mundus

simple as

Attached: devil-may-cry-5-nero-vs-urizen-uhdpaper.com-4K-198.jpg (3840x2160, 2.08M)

yeah, B-tier kino

True Spardham with Nelo Angelo moveset, then Vergil 3

Get the fuck out of here Vante, you're dead

All the newer songs from 4/5 are good and all but nothing will never hit as hard as 3's OST.
The way almost the entire OST seamlessly transitions from classical thematic instruments into a hard techno rave party and it just fucking works still amazes me to this day.

Attached: 1642786646250.jpg (1024x627, 58.87K)

>2 years and a separate release to add lock on/60fps
>no taunts
>color coded bs

Attached: 5ADB67AF-7DC8-447A-BDF6-157212DDB0AB.png (300x300, 45K)

>no taunts
how can a studio be this retarded

Thanks to your retarded post I'm never using that stupid fucking meme word again. You ruined it.

They over simplified Donte. Would have been cool to command Dinte to middle finger on command and throwing vodka bottles(like Dante throwing the rose).

I BET YOU'LL BLUSH A PRETTY PINK WHEN I KICK YOUR ASS

what is there to simplify about a taunt button? it's on Select by fucking default

>tfw no DmC mariachi guitar Nevan

So i heard that HDremastered and old pc ports of dmc3 got nerfed last boss Virgil, and that the ps2 version got TRUE Virgil the one you will be trying for weeks, is that true? big fan of the 3rd game but never played ps2 ver myself

>no smoking taunt
isn't the only thing worse than smoking is to be smoking while lying down? get a load of this retard

Attached: donteh.jpg (800x450, 50.1K)

The original PS2 release(not special edition) was harder all around because it defaulted to hard mode.
But as far as I know the higher difficulties are the same on every version.

Maybe over “simplified” was the wrong word. NT knew jack shit. I wonder what the gameplay would have been like if Capcom haven’t shoveled Itsuno in(I think they brought him in around 2012).
How would NT fuck up Nevan?
Wouldn’t know since I don’t smoke. To be far, donteh is a half demon, so it probably wouldn’t bother him. This is the same emo faggot that fingered his chest to feel his heart.

That difficulty exists in the new releases. It just not initial normal difficulty anymore. That's why DMC3 is the only game that has Easy>Normal>Hard>V Hard>DMD

1 is my favorite game but 3 is the best one in everything even the music.

Please somebody tell me there is a Vergil version of this

Attached: 1530753020785.jpg (1200x1200, 213.24K)

i see, thx

Can you hear the silence
Can you see the dark
Can you fix the broken
CAN YOU PHIL MAHAR

Attached: El_donte.png (500x600, 351.79K)

It's trash.

Select in DmC is a quick dial to the item menu. The same item menu you can access by pressing start to pause the game, then scrolling down to the word "item" (which iirc is like, literally the 2nd option right below "resume game"). So they remove the whole taunt feature, to make a 1-button shortcut to what's otherwise a 3-button input, to let you use vital stars and devil stars faster.

DmC's absolutely retarded and redundant button layout aside, donte makes silly noices and "war cries" when using his multiple weapons, plus he automatically yells taunt-like sentences at specific intervals through the level. Those are your taunt substitutes, so as lame as it is, they did indeed, technically, streamline donte.

og dmc3 was harder in the western release (ntsc/uc). I did hear that dmc1 was based off the japanese version in the hd collection. Might be true since i found 1 to be easier in the hd version and that the controls for jump were switched.

>How would NT fuck up Nevan?
DmC's Devil/Angel arms > DMC4's, it 100% must be because of Itsuno's help though

I unironically think the ending to DMC5 is just as beautiful as the ending to DMC3, yes it's not as dramatic or tragic; but the themes of learning to move on from the past and growing as a person is wonderful. Yes, it's a bit cheesy and fan-servicey, but I also don't really care. The world needs more of that kind of optimism.

Attached: 132154342342.jpg (540x378, 20.3K)

Forgot to mention that from a gamedev PoV, no taunt means no need to make taunt animations, program the frame properties of taunts, having to get creative and think of multiple taunts the character can say at different style ranks, so I can only imagine it was more for laziness than because they "forgot". Itsuno was helping them so I refuse to believe the man overlooked such a key feature, he must have seen the time left and the resources he had and get DMC2 PTSD.

So technically speaking, they streamline the taunts to be automatic/remove control from the player?

Rebellion and Osiris are good. Aquila and Eryx are okay but way too limited. Arbiter is straight up terrible.

Eryx feels better than Gilgamesh even if its limited. Arbitrer is fucking heavy and I like it, terrible is it giving you instant SSS but that can be fixed in DE iirc

I think because nobody took it seriously that Capcom would actually do DMCV

Leave ME and go! If you don't want to bne trapped in the demon world. I'm staying...this place...was our father's home...
*incredibly powerful string instrument theme*

>nevan is an angel weapon
>primary melee button: tap or hold to shoot bats, double tap forward to get reverb shock
>launcher button: tap for a shockwave, hold for a shitty grounded launcher
That's it, that's your weapon. No combos, no scythe moveset, no jam session, no nothing, a guitar that shoots bats is lame. Fuck you

GILFgamesh

Attached: Artist-.jpg (1024x1024, 171.95K)

>All things end, Dante even us...
>Bury the Light starts playing

Attached: 1647172102019.jpg (996x996, 96.59K)

The second fight is better - cooler arena, better music, bigger jump in challenge from the prior fight, better cutscenes surrounding the fight

The Arkham boss fight we got was trash, it should have just been Sparda with Nelo Angelo's moveset and a few new things.

>equip gilgamesh
>dante stops taking poison gas damage while charging the punches, because the mask filters the gas
It's the little things (that they didn't do)

>Also, why didn't his slip become bigger news at the time?

Boomer here, I referred to it constantly back in 2016-2018. People just played it off as being for the panincko game, nobody believed me. Incidentally, this image from the Dante model also clearly hints at DMC6 but people will never take it seriously, as usual.

Attached: 2132321.jpg (720x1279, 70.86K)