What's the worst plot twist in Yakuza and why is it A FUCKING BOAT

What's the worst plot twist in Yakuza and why is it A FUCKING BOAT

Attached: Y6_PC.jpg (600x900, 161.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thedrive.com/the-war-zone/43685/china-releases-image-of-japanese-carrier-sailing-right-alongside-its-own-carrier
youtube.com/watch?v=sPp6HiIqgpw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nah, it's rubber bullets

Still doesn't top rubbah burretsu

Nah, it's Kiryu's virginity.

debunked years ago

For me, it's the gay thug conveniently human trafficking the sister of the Chinese guy he later works for/crushes over,

f&spbp

It's "he didn't fake his own death he just had an identical twin he never mentioned living in america and working for the CIA to investigate international arms dealers."

Haruka announcing to the entire country that kiryu was a yakuza and raised her.

Just take a break from Ryu Ga Gotoku and make a city hunter game before Kamiya drops! Just do it now

>a boat

Its the sister ship of the largest battleship to ever sail. Although I honestly didn't see what the big deal was outside of the fact that Japan can't have its own military that isn't a self defense force.

It means that Japan technically broke a peace treaty. Its existence being revealed would be an international scandal at minimum.

Would it? At this point, especially with the ukraine/russia conflict, I don't think anyone would give a shit. All countries do fucking whatever they want now, rules stopped applying.

I get that, technically thats true, but it was one politician and the Okinawan Yakuza who did it. I think the entire government of Japan would sell out those few people easily if it meant avoiding a giant scandal, although the fact that it was so well hidden would make Japan look incompetent. I don't know why I'm analyzing a video game so seriously.

No, that was america that broke its neutrality agreement by sanctioning Japan, giving weapons and money to China and the Soviet Union and then bombing Hawaii

>A BOAT
Man when i played this game and got spoiled i thought it was some tiny fishing boat, not the fucking YAMATO

It's Kazama's unknown twin brother who works for the CIA

Yes, you don't want to back out of a treaty with the most insane imperialist superpower in human history. Anything that threatens American hegemony gets met with force.

Rubber bullets and YUME
Y6 ended goddamn well after Y5 trash in terms of plot

I'm close to the end of playing Y4.
Only bad part about rubber bullets is that it relies on Saejima to actually "succeed" on the hit
BUT
I think you can hand wave that because it IS stupid to create a plan where a man knocks out a room of 18 men by himself BUT it's shown within the story itself that the plan IS stupid. When Sugiuchi hands in his police report to Munakata he doesn't buy it and points out how retarded his report is, which is a complete surprise to Sugiuchi. So their plan was retarded but they got extremely lucky with how Saejima pulled off his part and how Munakata dug into the corruption rather than trying to take Sugiuchi down.

And if you're gonna complain about the cutscene or how it's even possible for Saejima to pull it off well it's been disproven a bunch.

Attached: 1610603064612.jpg (427x640, 35.51K)

I don't mind the rubber bullets with Saejima's scene. It's the other times they're used that bother me, like when Munakata manages to fake his death temporarily with one.

Forgot to elaborate that their plan is stupid within the context of the story, as in, Katsuragi and Sugiuchi's plan was bad because they were dumb and inexperienced. The story doesn't try to paint it as some 2000iq 4d chess mastermind plan, if saejima failed or munakata decided to investigate the case further like a good cop would have then it would've completely failed. The truth was covered up by years of corruption. You could argue it's a bit iffy how Saejima didn't know what was going on but he was young and loyal to a fault and it's explained that the rubber bullets weren't even used publicly so how the fuck would he know that they weren't real bullets?

Haven't gotten that far yet or heard anyone bring up that point when talking about rubber bullets

I feel like Yakuza 5's entire endgame counts

>Why are you the final boss Aizawa?
>I dunno, lets fight.

>absolute banger battle theme
>multi phased fight where you kick the shit out of Aizawa all the way outside
>"why u here?"
>"dunnolol"

>Aizawa is a guy Kiryu handily beat up before but he was actually just holding back for reasons despite looking like he got his shit rocked in the previous fight
At least Ryuji's repeat fights worked up to something for his final fight, Aizawa's final fight is cheapened by his previous one.

Super Yamato was fine
Not have the final fight take place on it was the real crime

Why didn't they use sleep darts bullets or something like that? They're already using the secret government technology trope to justify these dumb rubber bullets working anyway.

Attached: 1652113738787.png (550x535, 198.01K)

He should have died at the end of 6 it would have been the perfect end to his story

Attached: yakuza-6.jpg (700x394, 33.67K)

Tranq darts take a lot longer than video games and movies would make you think. It would take at least a minute for a human to pass out. You could overload the dosage but then you run the risk of killing someone.

So you think the only realistic and probable 'twist' in the whole series was the worst?
kek
The retarded things about it was the shit hidden in a fucking graveyard for no reason, or the fact that there was an elevator in the fucking bay, but whatever. It's a video game so Rule of Cool.

Attached: y69.jpg (2560x1440, 780.23K)

>He should have died at the end of 6
2*
ftfy

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.53M)

More than that, it means the entire post war government would be ousted. Not because of the physical ship, moreso the money and secrecy around it. It would be a political upheaval the likes of which Japan had never seen before.

>Although I honestly didn't see what the big deal was outside of the fact that Japan can't have its own military that isn't a self defense force.
It means that the Treaty of San Francisco is null and void and WW2 is still officially going on as of 2016 with Japan still being an aggressor and free for the taking for any Allied forces which America would immediately capitalize on and make Japan our 51st state since we already have a huge military force on their land to begin with.
Its existence means that when it's dug into how it was produced the legal system now has to be completely upended due to the government since WW2 having legal money laundering to whatever group or person Daidoji and his friends wanted to send money to without any reason.
Its existence also means they need to explain why Japan was kidnapping people from various Asian countries and forcing them into slave labor then assassinating them and dumping the bodies into unmarked graves.

>I think the entire government of Japan would sell out those few people easily
Dude, I don't think you get it. The ENTIRE government is corrupt. All of the higher ups are corrupt. It all leads back to them and if Daidoji goes down with the ship all of them do. You can't cover it up because too many people have dirt on each other and are working for each other. The entire reason why Makoto was ousted in 7 was because those same people were feeling threatened that some young guy was coming in to change things up so they sent Kiryu to get him ousted in exchange for helping out Daigo and Watase.

Attached: YAKUZA 6_ The Song of Life_20180309054221.jpg (1920x1080, 187.45K)

HELP WANTED
>trained ninjas in period costumes
>Yakuza members skilled in tiger care and training
>also deal with tourists daily and chase them away from sensitive areas

Attached: osakacastle.jpg (1280x720, 81.19K)

Like I said they're already using the secret government technology excuse to justify the rubber bullets. It would be so much more believable if this was some experimental fast acting toxin than some rubber bullets knocking a bunch of yakuza out with a single shot.

Only japanese and perhaps korean give a damn about the whole pacifist thing.

I played this Y2:K a year after visiting Osaka and that cutscene had me dying, why the fuck was there a castle hidden inside a fake castle lol

>Only japanese and perhaps korean give a damn about the whole pacifist thing.
brainlet
thedrive.com/the-war-zone/43685/china-releases-image-of-japanese-carrier-sailing-right-alongside-its-own-carrier

Why is daigo so useless and stupid , Yakuza 3-5 plot is kiryu san I can't do anything right please bail me out

So Yakuza 3 is pretty much filler right? Seems the only important events from it that get mentioned later are the orphanage, which is easily explained, and hamazaki's character which him being from Y3 seems to only matter to bring 5 minute drama when Haruka is mad at him for stabbing Kiryu.
Does anything besides general "muh orphanage" get brought up or matter in Y5 or 6?

China want japan to start having real army again so the US can leave. Even japanese government originally only think pacifism as temporary thing. The US also asked them to rearm so they can help to fight commies.
Pacifism is just civilian ruse to take military budget for themselves.

Ryu ga Gotoku 3 is the best in the series

Nice boat

I can understand why people skip them still I enjoyed them

>zoomers will not understand this reference

Attached: 1634799587017.jpg (2048x2048, 74.7K)

yakuza 3's plot does get brought up in 6's ending as Kiryu flat out admits to Daigo "Yeah that Mine guy was 100% right about me, its my fault that things ended up like this and I should've been a better father figure to you then leaving you to run an entire clan by yourself"

so like, While I wouldn't say 3 is super needed, it does make 6's ending hit better since 3 is more or less showcasing why leaving the family was never going to workout the way he wanted it too

The best end for the war would be if a nuclear bomb had been dropped on New York instead
Manchukuo wouldn’t have been colonized by the communists, Taiwan and Korea would be twice as wealthy under the Japanese since they wouldn’t have gone through a military dictatorship.
The greater east Asia co prosperity sphere would have developed and become the equivalent of the EU today
The Soviet Union would have probably collapsed
An independent India would have sided with Japan ( they were already a part of the greater east Asia co prosperity sphere)
Instead america had to fuck everything up by attacking japan for no reason

you are retarded

Kiryu is playing the role of the abusive husbando. He keeps Daigo dependent on him. Its a pro Yazuka move.

>Why is daigo so useless and stupid
Y3 has his top men betraying him for a conspiracy that he couldn't predict and his best and most trustworthy man (Mine) literally wants to kill him because of him being in a coma he -might- not wake up from and it's too sad to look at his boy being a vegetable. The Tojo Clan was having money issues but Mine was greatly helping him solve those issues, they just needed to diversify some more and they would have most likely been fine if Mine's homolust didn't go full retard near the end and Kamuro Hills got finished.

Y4 is literally a 20 or 30 year conspiracy coming out of nowhere to bite him in the ass paired with the Tojo Clan spiraling into unrecoverable debt after Mine flew like a bird. He had nowhere to go, it was either shutter the Tojo Clan entirely or accept the ultimatum the Ueno Seiwa set before him even if it looked too good to be true. He simply couldn't do anything and made a difficult choice even if it sucked.

Y5 he was the smartest person there, I have no idea what you're on about. He preempted the coup, he actually caught the main guy behind it with his pants down, he managed to stop multiple parts of said man's plans before they even happened, he was actively trying to figure out more about who was after him, and was ahead of the game at every step up until the final chapter.

>attacking japan for no reason
lmao nice revisionist history, tardo
Blame Japan for ruining the war for everyone.

He's still not the worst person Kiryu picked as chairman

Everything after 2 is filler and shit

3 is significantly better than 4 and 5

nah he's right and you're retarded. Pick up a history book some time.

A nearly 80 year old ship that was outdated at the time it would have been used isn't a threat to anything.

>brainlet thinks the problem was a warship (that was already outdated when it was built) being a military threat
LOL

Has anyone complied like a full plot summary of the overarching Yakuza plot? I don't mean the interpersonal plots but all the shit involving yakuza, government, etc. It's kinda weird and surprising for them to seriously connect everything to a huge overarching plot that secretly caused the events of previous games in Y4 and for them to continue to run more with this overarching stuff afterwards, from what i've heard they even carry this stuff into Y7 tho I have yet to play yet.

Nothing in 4 or 5 gets referenced in 6 other than Akiyama being a character and him formerly running a business called Sky Finanseu

Use context clues retard.

The worst plot twist was the localization removing the "REIPU?! HAHA" joke from the rerelease of Yakuza 4.

Why is no one bothered by his schizophrenic hallucinations? Adachi I can understand why he'd just joke about but am I really supposed to believe Nanba a trained nurse wouldn't be a little concerned by the former Yakuza that is prone to violent outbursts who's hallucinations are only getting worse every day.

Attached: images-1.fit_lim.size_2000x.v1611707121.jpg (1920x1080, 165.98K)

They are concerned but they straight up say it makes him fight better and outside of battles he's pretty normal in conversation while also able to hold serious conversations understanding what's going on.

It’s not revisionist history, not the Nanking incident. THAT is Chinese communist revisionist.
Japan was not even fighting in any war. They were helping Manchukuo fight against the communists and war lords that were trying to control all of China. They only got involved in the war when America attacked Pearl harbour and declared war on japan

YAAAAMAAAAATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
youtube.com/watch?v=sPp6HiIqgpw
TOWARD ISCANDAR WE GO

for someone that never shot at somebody, rubber bullets would leave a wound similar to regular bullet wound

Y6 literally begins after the events of Y5. It's hard to explain what is going on at the beginning of Y6 without having played Y5 and to some extent Y4. Akiyama's friendship has a larger part on Kiryu's life than is necessarily lead on in Y6 too because again it's meant to be a sequel.
Saejima is also a huge part of Majima's backstory and directly ties into his story in Y0 tho his appearance in Y6 basically doesn't mean anything true.