Was it good?

Was it good?

Attached: 1646506835458.png (1024x1024, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ettan202006/status/1523476383418429441?cxt=HHwWgsDRld7svKQqAAAA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, it filters retards who hate it because it's a "le walking simulator"

no, it's a shitty walking simulator

It was a bad movie desu

I stole this game from a target a few days before it came out on a physical copy but I was on vacation so I could only play it the day after it came out. Was so shit I dropped it after a few hours.

its a good walking sumilator game but not a good Death Stranding game

woah

Yes, but it takes until you get off of Tutorial Island (I.E. each Lake Knot City) and get your skeleton before it'll probably click with you. I know I was ready to drop it for about three hours until I got the Power Skeleton and it finally all clicked. Then you start getting the Bola Gun, building roads, finding routes to completely avoid BTs, and basically upgrading from a USPS truck to a Fed Ex truck and it really rolls from there.

Attached: DEATH STRANDING_20200421183458.jpg (1920x1080, 337.38K)

Yes amazing game.

But its not for everyone.

It's kino
Kojima did it again
twitter.com/ettan202006/status/1523476383418429441?cxt=HHwWgsDRld7svKQqAAAA

>it takes until you get off of Tutorial Island (I.E. each Lake Knot City) and get your skeleton before it'll probably click with you
Is that why they added a Support skeleton you can get in the first area for the PS5 port?

Pretty much the only complaint it gets is that there wasn't EVEN MORE of what it uniquely does (walking mechanics and hike survival).

Yes

Could be since it's a brand new skeleton. A lot of the issues are how low the amount of weight you can carry is without a skeleton and you move like a drunk without one. Once you get one it's like the game changes entirely and allows you to carry far more while evening out your steps even at higher weights but you still tip over if you're too high.

Attached: Skeleton.jpg (1600x900, 218.66K)

They also added a new non-lethal weapon you get along with the Support Skeleton (Maser gun) so you can deal with the early MULEs and not have to wait until you get the Bola Gun.

Attached: 1651510928677.jpg (971x1600, 146.09K)

Pure unadulterated kino

Mama milkies

I played the dc for 70 hours, I enjoyed it alot. I can't wait to see what kojumbo comes up with next!

I'm tempted to torrent it and try it but it really doesnt seem fun at all
only thing thats making me consider it is the fact that it might be turbo kino

Imagine getting filtered by walking

Offline isn't worth it and defeats half the purpose anyway.

It's alright for what it is, but you're choices are either rush to the end before the limited gameplay options become tediously boring, or max out your delivery rank with each bunker and get burnt out well before the end.

>or max out your delivery rank with each bunker and get burnt out well before the end.
Doesn't happen. I would know cause I've got 100% on this game twice and never once got bored or even found it to be slightly more tedious than when I started. The game just isn't for you. You don't like the gameplay of DS. You tolerate it.

I'm just salty cause ps4 users will never get to play the superior version even thoug it was the ps4 sales that made kojima productions a viable business.

ugly horsefaced bitch

Attached: 1649405960504.jpg (914x514, 135.52K)

really? is online that important?

it was fun for a while

>(((ugly horsefaced bitch)))

The entire game is balanced on other people providing you equipment, structures, and Lost Cargo to deliver for likes. You can also call in orders for people to deliver items to specific locations for likes on their end and items on yours. If you play offline there's only like ten NPC structures in the entire game with several of them being in the tutorial island and three or four literally just being ziplines two feet from each other at Mama's Lab. Road upkeep is also highly dependent on people constantly donating materials to make their own roads which constantly repairs your own.

sounds like you didnt beat the game if you played online
many such cases

lowqualitybait

It's literally a game about connecting with people

I know you're joking around but Kojima was pretty adamant about this. It's why all of the online on PS doesn't require PS+ to use. The game is entirely balanced around it existing and the message falls apart if you don't have it. You literally end up delivering stuff just for likes and spamming the right touchpad just to give people likes even though it earns you nothing just to help someone or make them happier even though you'll never ever meet them.

yeah im just clowning
im actually sad, the story seems cool

Yes, felt like a breath of fresh air honestly. Strangely addictive game.

the directors cut content seems like a joke that undermines the game. is it worth it?

>tripcode
>Kojimbo fanboy
>shilling for a game that has obscene amounts of product placement
>creaming his pants over "le social features" gimmick
>snoygoy
Holy shit how is it even possible to be this retarded.

Duality of man

If you want to play it again anyway sure. It's definitely a better version than the original cause I don't think the new content undermines anything. The new early improvements are actually really good for easing you into getting better tools and the later stuff is either a non issue that you aren't really going to use much or just something fun you can slap down for the sake of it like the ramps that are very based.

I'm a few hours in without the DC stuff but seeing that there's a fucking catapult made me think the content would worsen the experience

None of the new shit is good enough to be better than anything already in the game. It's just much just a meme to use for a bit of fun, it doesn't trivialize anything if that's what you're concerned about. Nothing new does. They seemed to make sure that nothing new is too effective so it's honestly entirely ignorable. Now you could say that in itself is a problem since I think they kind of take it a bit too far but at the very least the DC has zero downsides to make it a hard decision for whether you play one or the other. If you can play DC, play DC.

so you think it is worth playing offline or are you a kojimbo hater and think it isnt worth playing at all?

lowqualitybait

thanks

One guy said jump pads were basically the new ziplines in some cases because of the fact they don't cause package damage but besides that everything seems pretty inconsequential or for fun.

I bet Kojima put the jump ramps in because he saw people kept getting frustrated while trying to clear gaps with the vehicles.

Eh they serve different uses. Ziplines will always be king since you can connect every single settlement but a jump ramp is real nice for clearing gaps and also doing sick jumps. It's definitely my favorite addition.

I think my biggest gripe is that it's just too damn easy. I never had to prepare or really plan my routes outside of late game in the mountains and even then, there's just not much going on mechanically. You can literally bumble your way through the whole game never using any of the items or planning good routes and be perfectly fine. There needs to be a higher penalty for fucking up besides a little bit more time wasted. It makes the whole ordeal trivial.

yes

The whole point is to optimize the difficulty out of it. It's why you unlock skeletons, Bola Guns, those guns that hurt BTs, roads, bikes, trucks, and ziplines. Just look at Wind Farm in the tutorial compared to Wind Farm in the endgame. I literally had a zipline stretching from Port Knot City all the way to the mountains leading down to Wind Farm and that one Waystation avoiding basically every BT in every location and delivering massive packages for free both ways.

I only ever kind of prepared my routes in the very early game, everything past hour 8 or so was just "Which place is the closest to take a mission at so I can daisy chain stuff?" and that was it. All of Mountain Knot was "I just need to walk here once and place a zipline down so I never need to do this again" in between truck trips where I could to avoid walking around.

>Ziplines will always be king since you can connect every single settlement
I prefer using the highways when possible since I can carry tons of shit in the trucks or speed through using the roadster, plus they don't use up any bandwidth.
Wasn't sure how I would find all the materials needed for the mountainous roads but then I saw the ranked orders give you a shit-ton of Metals and Ceramics so now it's just a matter of farming BTs to get enough chiral.

Attached: 1629780251088.gif (200x132, 962.14K)

Yes, it was excellent. The directors cut just adds a bunch of extra shit, but giving you that shitty support skeleton (basically a level 1 skeleton with no extra attributes besides a level 3 battery life) in the tutorial area was the best decision they ever made. That shit makes everything so much smoother on a second playthrough.
No, im delivering the third pizza and the extra content right now isnt strong enough or crazy enough to undermine the game just yet, the support skeleton in the tutorial area is pretty nuts but its still much worse than a power skeleton lvl 1, the mauser gun is worse than a bola gun but it has more ammo. There are new transport variants of the reverse trike that are unlocked normally, there are new jumpscares (they are very cool) and extra shit like omnireflector boots (high durability silver lvl 2 boots) which serve no purpose except making you google if it was in the vannila game or not. The new structures and shit are cool but you have to do new missions to unlock them like carrying cargo that releases vog if its casing is low.Death strandio cart has custom music and the shooting game has cool unlocks but they arent super strong. Shit like jump ramps are pretty cool too.
My point is that although there is a lot of extra gadgets and shit there isnt anything that undermines the general gameplay.
Like jumpramps will allow you to cross a gap that you couldnt before, but so will normal bridges or chiral bridges.

In what situations is it useful to use the catapults?
Never made sense to me

Its only easy when you are fully prepared, thats the point.
>but you can defeat a mule camp with just a strand and your fists though
>you can go through snow without a terrain skeleton
>you can go through BTs without anti BT gear
But unprepared they are all insane, an unprepared sam goes through frantic, ridiculous, chaotic brawls when trying to cross a single mule camp, BTs become slow crawls across a wide stretch of terrain, and a trip unprepared in the mountains leaves an unprepared player exhausted, afflicted with hypothermia, and forced to abandon his truck to a steep hill that he couldnt push through.
To a prepared player every encounter is simple and easy, to an unprepared player every encounter is a horrible chaotic struggle.

Well I do agree that highways are always better but connecting every settlement with zips is a matter of principle. I don't do it because I need to. I do it because I can.

to KO an entire MULE camp

... how?

Her tired mother voice was so hot

An acquired tadte for sure.

For me it was pure Kino

>DEATH STRANDING All Cutscenes (Game Movie) 1080p HD (11:17:07)

Attached: 64f501db467c44445285591ab8ca8512.jpg (735x884, 48.14K)

It's a good podcast listening game.
Sure it still has 2 hour long exposition dumps, but it also mercifully has the sense to just shut the fuck up and let you play for a while.

Attached: young-ocelot-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 54.98K)