The Fantabulous Ace Attorney

worth 25 bucks on Steam? I liked 1-3, 4 and Ghost Trick but I hate 5 onwards

Attached: 1646796414480.jpg (640x640, 377.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AdmiralCurtiss/dgs_hackfix/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Absolutely. Best AA game since the first 3, so you should love this one.

Absolutely, but keep in mind that the second game is much better than the first

yes. it has some retarded shit like the pink haired girl you see in the cover, but when you really look at them without rose-tinted glasses, every AA game has retarded shit. so just ignore that. the rest is fun and as good as 1-3. it also has one of my favorite characters in the whole series (pic related)

Attached: 1649540053299.jpg (1378x1225, 501.1K)

Yes. Also, go play the Investigation games.

Yeah

Be prepared, the whole thing is 1.25 games worth of buildup and 0.75 games worth of kino. The kino is really good, but I seriously had to grit my teeth through a lot of the buildup. You'll get to 1-4 and feel like you're still stuck in the introduction.

ok thanks bros
sub or dub

100% I pirated it because I was unsure whether it would be worth it considering I didn't enjoy SoJ and DD that much, but ended up absolutely loving it and buying it the moment I finished it.

Is there a patch for the localised names yet?

>a child prodigy is too much of a unicorn in his country that he can't believe that anymore

Yeah. It's pretty much what they should've done with Apollo Justice in the first place (completely different characters, different place, different time, etc) instead of shoehorning crap from the Phoenix Wright games.

>I like AA4
With that kind of subhuman's standards I expect you to like this duology.

It feels a lot slower because everyone has to do their three second animations whenever they say something, but I'm enjoying it so far. I'm at the case with the bobby and his wife and right now they're the biggest offenders of it.

The game is made for you, it's more Shu takumi. I also only like 1-4, dropped AA after dual destinies but now I'm back on board.

Also don't listen to anyone telling you to play the miles Edgeworth games, it's the same writer as the games you didn't like and you can tell.

I'm checking the steam page and it seems to be English only, no option for Japanese text. Is there no JP version for PC?

There are hacked version of the original since steam version is just the complete bundle of DGS1+2. You can try emulate them.

If you mean the 3ds versions I have a 3ds and I have a save of the game on it but I'd like to restart on PC instead, but not if I have to play in fucking English. I'm reading some jap reviews and apparently steam is full of shit and the game does have Japanese despite it saying otherwise in the store page. Guess I'll give it a shot.

>child prodigy
>literally just pedo pandering: the character

>having a kid with an unsexualized design and scenes is now a pedo-pandering move
Man you must be a roastie or something with that twisted logic. I don't deny that there are literal games made with pedobaits in mind but if your default reaction to a genius child is >>>hurrr pedo then you should fuck off to your real shit hole and kill yourself.

just installed the game and there's an option for that in the settings from what I can tell, not sure if it's missing stuff or whatever in the game proper

Attached: 1628526861073.png (1282x752, 995.64K)

>it has to be sexualized to be pandering
lol retard
she's easily the worst character in the games bar none due to her only gimmick being "uooooohhhhhh im a pink haired loli but im also super smart!11"
kill yourself for approving of this trash, mouthbreather

>hear that Zieks is voiced by Tsudaken
>game has a gallery with a sound mode
>still hasn't said more than Objection
I feel robbed.

I think I can deal with her better than you because her deductions are similar to what real Sherlock Holmes does in the novel. And she is not another of those stereotypes
>hurr i'm a genius but also a retard
>insufferable spoiled brat
>a boo boo uga uga oggoo
Let's face it. You feel insecure because a genius child is smarter than your precious little mc. She even helps your mc without taking all the credits but here we are.

I got spoiled that [Spoiler]The mentor guy is apparently a killer/villian. Big spoiler, or is it more of a "the why is more interesting than the who?"[/Spoiler]

That's extremely vague and i assure you it doesn't spoil anything

Nah that is wrong. You technically didn't get spoiled

github.com/AdmiralCurtiss/dgs_hackfix/releases
Do I need this or is the game just fine out of the box?

Definitely, the animations actually look better at 120+ fps and the game would run on a toaster

Japanese or English voices? I thought they would just beep beep like always.

Attached: 1637862473852.png (498x278, 158.88K)

Ryonosuke has a Bri'ish accent even though he barely speaks English.

They fix that in the second game

Jap dub is funny. The 'guilty' is in english but 'not guilty' is in japanese.

I already watched the subbed 3DS playthrough on Youtube so I went with the dub last year. There's not much voiced dialogue in the first place, but Ryunosuke's dubjection is weaksauce though the few fully voiced cutscenes were fine

Beat GAA2 a month ago it’s my second favourite and I‘ve played all the games

I really don't know why they made it sound so weak.

lol
It's 有罪 (yuuzai) and 無罪 (muzai)
罪 means crime/culpability
有 means "it exists"
無 means "none"

I think it's worth $25, keeping in mind both games together eat up about 80 hours.
With that out of the way, I know this is a rec thread but I literally just finished both GAA/DGS games back to back so I feel compelled to write some thoughts.
Spoilers.

I know DGS1 is the more straight-forward game but DGS2 feels more amateurish. DGS1-1 is a genuinely good case that really stands out and sets the mood. I think the only way it would've gotten more flavor is if Naruhodo is in cuffs.
DGS1-2 breaking the format was a surprise and even though I wish it was more complex, it gave a lot of hope about DGS being a breath of fresh air considering how iterative the rest of the franchise is. DGS1-3 delivers on that impression by being another unusual case.
DGS1-4 starts to feel like true filler, but still important as Naruhodo's first regular case.
DGS1-5 had its ups and downs and I'll admit I do like Gina even if I think she's reduced somewhat by the end of DGS2.
I really like to start Soseki in the extra episodes and I was aware enough of Japanese literature to understand the references made.
DGS2-1 is cute is all I can really say, but I kind of wish they did more with Shinn. She gets a unique line and a surprising real name that I wish was developed upon. I also wish we learned why Hosonaga coughs blood.
DGS2-2 initially leaves a bad taste by being a flashback but I think it's another genuinely good case by the end that unfortunately gets contrived upon to fit into the PLOT.
DGS2-3 could've been done better. Susato arrives way too early for her absence to really be felt. I would've preferred if at least Naruhodo was just imagining Susato at first. Otherwise, the game starts to be less game and more PLOT midway through. The warehouse and Madam Tusspell kept me invested, fortunately.

No I meant they literally said "guilty" AND "muzai".

I sure hope the upcoming concert drops the next game reveal at the end

Attached: 1600601093949.gif (256x192, 846.48K)

Yep, Runo's English voice sux cock honestly, but all the supporting and minor characters are amazing in English. It's a hard choice.

I'm kinda surprised 1-1 is finally being acknowledged as a good case. Saw so many retards and speedreaders dismissed it just because it spoonfed necessary information about everything for the two games and had two interconnected mini cases.

cont.

DGS2-4 and DGS2-5 being conjoined feels like a major cop in a game that already had both 2-1 and 2-2. Again, my main complaint with 2-2 is that it's played as a flashback which serves the superfluous idea that Naruhodo had to be "disbarred" for 6 months. Did Takumi already run out of steam after 2-2? I don't even think they separated 2-4 and 2-5 at the proper place. I feel it would've been more impactful, for example, if 2-5 started exactly with Yujin and Holmes on the ship. The lack of a jury is especially felt in this case which makes the game feel more dry amidst all the PLOT. Furthermore, as the climax of the duology, you would expect these two episodes to be reasonably tough/tricky but it's practically autopilot and I wouldn't look down on anyone who turns on autoplay here because it's not like seemingly every other character in and out of the courtroom is steps ahead of you. Other than shouting Objection! it feels like all Naruhodo does is pull bunny ears twice and twist the hilt of a sword according to a not-at-all-subtle haiku (can't even do us a favor of adding nature elements that haikus typically feature) that you could also deduce merely from the fact that it's the only item Genshin could've left Kazuma that's among the evidence. The moral dilemma(s?) proposed are without subtlety and taken with the prior statement makes the ending where everyone is praising Naruhodo feel awkward, at least to me.
This all just goes back to my first spoilered statement that DGS2 feels much more amateurish, as if it was merely written to finish the PLOT and is "yet another" AA sequel.

In any case, I enjoyed my time with the games even if the conclusion disappointed me. I'll have to figure out how to replay it in Japanese language one day.
I also really enjoyed the music. I think I'll miss the music more than I'll miss the characters. Girls are cute and I wish they had more art.

You're hearing things, my learned friend.

Attached: 1634849540781.png (800x892, 273.02K)

>You're hearing things, my learned friend.
I play the steam chronicles version if that helps. Heard that they changed other stuff a bit from the original versions but I don't want to go out of my way to verify that.

You're a moron.

if making fun of this user for not knowing how to spoiler correctly in this hallowed thread upsets the people, then pray forgive the discourtesy.

I'd rather laugh at you for being a pretentious faggot.

I fucking love Zieks and his chuuni bullshit.

Attached: barok-van-zieks-the-great-ace-attorney[1].gif (498x280, 2.66M)

user... the concert was yesterday

The Dances of Deduction getting even nuttier as GAA2 went on was amazing. Sholmes getting knocked the fuck out in the middle of the one in chapter 4 split my sides in half

First game is terrible
Second game is realñy good

I'm only at the stabbing case right now but every time I'm examining an area and I move the screen to see him doing some goofy shit I fucking lose it.

Dance of Deduction is the best minigame in the series and it'll never show up again

And that's a good thing. Animations take too much time and repetitive parts are annoying. It might help if dance of deductions is actually decent instead of yet another handholding gimmick to provide babby-tier information to the player.

I'd laugh every single time he tossed the bottle or dropped his leg on the table

>If my vintage bottle hit someone in the audience, then pray forgive the discourtesy
This fucking guy.

You sound like a midwit so you'd love it. Anyone with a brain can tell its a lazy remix of Ace Attorney and Sherlock Holmes that does nothing new or meaningful with either for all it borrows, and instead at many points feels like it is purposely written to waste your time. Overly long, drawn out, very little to get out of it other than the of course amazing soundtrack AA is known for.

>that does nothing new or meaningful
The second case takes place entirely in the investigation phase and has a well-hidden culprit for a second fucking case.

I'd say having your expectations betrayed in a good way by three characters Sholmes, Gregson and Kazuma is a new thing for this franchise.

Another thing is that people will hype up that this is written by "Shu Takumi" but this writer, this Shu Takumi, is clearly a very different person than he was 15 years ago. If you want to see the guy who wrote the originals be weirdly spiteful and needlessly verbose then that's one thing, but if you're looking for writing with the same appeal as the originals this is not something to be excited about.

>I'll take a thing that happened in the Sherlock books/previous games and....LE TWIST IT
>this is totally new and never done before and therefore good and compelling
yeah this is why it's a good midwit game

I was sold an Ace Attorney game, I don't give a shit about what Sherlock references it pulled, I give a shit what's new as an Ace Attorney game.