Deleting a perfectly good Etrian Odyssey thread full of discussion just cause the OP was stale bait

>deleting a perfectly good Etrian Odyssey thread full of discussion just cause the OP was stale bait
fuck jannies
anyway let's discuss why the franchise cannot properly continue as manual mapdrawing is a core part of its identity that can't be easily replaced

Attached: 1523160292274.jpg (610x838, 389.37K)

It can be easily replaced, draw maps using the touchscreen in portable mode, use the stick or auto draw the map in docked mode.

Attached: 1N6M7Ya.gif (516x516, 205.81K)

there was a flood of the same exact anti jrpg thread so it was probably the same OP mad that his bait thread was getting real discussion.
Anyways I don't think map drawing is important as some people make it out to be. The class building and combat are the main draws.

indeed, Map drawing was nice for the first 2 games I played, after that I just went with auto drawing.

give me more EO

Which game should I start with?

Original 1. Don't be a pussy.

they aren't connected other than nexus so just B urself

Is it actually good or is it one of those
>I had to suffer through this and so do you?
Kinds of things

I've seen people who literally only played the game because of the map-drawing. I personally turn off auto-mapping completely as I enjoy creating them from scratch. Drawing every last bit of the Cyclopean Haunt was genuinely a really immersive experience.
Yes I love the art, the music, and the gameplay, and would buy an EO game without mapping, but it would be a considerable loss.

It may be slow as shit but it's completely different game to the remake. Same thing with 2.

No one likes 1 or 2 even ironically.

Original 1 is buggy as hell. Play the remake if you have to.

Maybe don't respond to stale bait next time. You're perfectly capable of making a non-bait thread instead.

The thing is the earlier games are the only ones with any difficulty at all, around the third game everything becomes piss easy.

The earlier games are very easy if you use a Medic in 1 and Hexer in 2

Yeah and every game after that is somehow even easier, no need to cheese.

Can this be a dungeon crawler thread in general?.

Yes, please. Name some other good ones besides EO. I'm just getting into the genre

nta but eo and refrain are pretty much baby's first jrpg dungeon crawlers, these games tend to be fucking long so there's no point to giving more options, smt and personaq are outsider shit and not really part of the dungeon crawler sphere
if you have the luck to have a vita you can go straight into dungeon travelers, that one is not for newfags but pretty good

There's also both labyrinth of touhou games but those are very much definitively not for newfags to the genre.

I just got to the last floor of Forbidden Woods and got instantly teamwiped by a Muckdile ambush. I fucking hate EO2's postgame.

99% of Japanese blobbers are dogshit compared to EO so take the western pill

Attached: grimrock.jpg (1920x1080, 418.06K)

>Playing western games in 2010+12
Nah

The original 2 games are really broken. It's either piss easy or incredibly difficult.
Piss easy if you capitalize on the brokeness of the game, difficult if you choose to not capitalize on it, like actively avoiding it.

>square dancing
Haha no

This looks like someone took a wrpg from the 90's and tried too hard to remake it in unreal with generic store assets.

grimrock 1 and 2 blow all those grindy weebshit crawlers out of the fucking atmosphere

also wizardry 8 is pure sex

anything from the west looks like it was made with generic store assets, that's the cost of falling for the realism meme, everything looks the same

Play Zanki Zero

you do not belong in this thread

Real time blobbers are the worst garbage ever after musou, complete jank.

>as opposed to anime

pretty ironic when most vita blobers look identical once you remove the character portraits

hey old musou was good, it only went to shit with orochi 4

newer musou games play more like action games too, age of calamity and persona strikers barely feel like a musou most of the time, aoc is more like a big bossrush and strikers a proper action rpg

Wizardry 8 is quite nice, even with how hard it busts your balls at times.
I wish there were more dungeon crawlers that had its freeform movement style

Attached: HOW QUICKLY THE TIDE TURNS.jpg (480x533, 47.47K)

Scramble barely feels like one because it's not really one. Crazy right.

>that can't be easily replaced
Bro youre dual monitor set up
Bro youre Cintiq required settings?
Bro your mobile release?
>inb4BuyinACintiq/DualMonitorSetUp
OK poorfag.

>or auto draw the map in docked mode.

Attached: 4chan lets loose.jpg (346x284, 67.18K)

>zanki zero
that game was such a wash, what were they thinking with that "story"?

I really want to like EOU, but grimoires are filtering me. I don't want to grind out a medic just to have cure/revive on hand for emergencies

EO1U grimoires are practically RNG. Don't torture yourself with it.
>I don't want to grind out a medic just to have cure/revive on hand for emergencies
Either you keep a medic in your team or have a select stock of medicas and nectars if you don't or if the medic's dead.

>t stock of medicas and nectars
Is there an easy money grind in EOU?

>I don't want to grind out a medic
You should and the sooner you do it the less of a hassle the game will be.

Gathering party of survivalists worked in OG 1.
I just crammed a medic in my for 1U to not deal with it like this guy said

Big note is that ever since EO3, consumable items are FINITE in the shops based on how much of the stuff that they're made of were sold to the shop. Medics are an infinite and more accessible source of reviving and healing in comparison.

I still dislike this as an item healing focused party is already fairly costly and unappealing. Its a neat experience many newer players will already feel less inclined to try. I get medics struggle earning their place in most teams, but EOV's solution of your medic is gonna gas everyone to death was a better solution

The Etrian and Lagaardian medics are lacking, yes, but at least there are a few workarounds with the War Magus and stuff in 2 and 2U.
There's more variety to work with in 3 and on. 1U is just shafted in the healing department since survivalist healers are very expensive.

when are they releasing the next game? it's been like 10 years

user, I...

Just 2 more years

They're waiting for the next gen Switch

Every now and then Yuzo Koshiro makes a sad tweet about how they haven't been in contact with him about making any music for an new EO.

where the fuck is Labyrinth of Galleria?

Buy more copies of D6 and save their gacha game. Then you'll get a vita port

People play this game without a healer?
Fucking how?

>he isn't a passive heals only chad

Attached: 1545257737215.jpg (1503x1080, 89.58K)

>new game finally releases but by then i'll already be in my deathbed

Attached: 1koma_05.gif (394x328, 41.82K)

NIS is too busy shitting itself after the shitshow the disgaea franchise devolved into.
Either learn japanese or weep forever.

Lots of items.

You can certainly do it with a good healer grimoires on a Troubadour who is passive healing. Without some kind of direct heal though dungeon crawling becomes a pain or expensive.

Thats only really viable in EO3 since items are so cheap there

Lolis are the only reason why I play EO

Attached: Portrait_eo2u_hexer_02.png (256x256, 47.09K)

You underestimate people who hate medics.

I hate medic too but there are still other classes with some heal ability. playing without any sort of heal ability at all just sounds like a grind

Medics are unironically a meme, it's not even that hard to go full unga and not care that much about the consequences.
It's less of a grind than you think if you budget your HP.