Sony is buying Square Enix

How would you feel about this?

Attached: 1652058426497.jpg (1080x1223, 539.81K)

wouldn't change anything since Square's PC ports are always fucked and I have a PS5

Square is apart of Red Triangle club. They wouldn't yield to a company that betrayed Japan and went against its cultural law by moving its headquarters to America. Ontop of that the new head is Jewish. Japanese Red Triangle members are a tier above anyway. Square Enix as Square Soft carried that triangle. They are apart of "the club". So its not happening. Sorry to burst your bubble.

RIP Square Enix I guess

What would this change

I hope to dear fucking god they kill XIV somehow

Worst case scenario. Last thing square needs is modern Sony telling them to put in trannies and whatever else

almost boomer here.
what happened to them being called squaresoft ?

lol MS getting Bethesda really shook them up but getting FF exclusively doesn't mean much since historically it sells the best on Playstation anyway

They merged with Enix to become Square Enix in 2003.

Like it's the perfect fit. There are still several SE playstation exclusives on the way, like FF16 and FF7 remake part 2, so it makes sense and balance the industry a little more.

final fantasy movie

>What would this change
Square Enix PC ports would stop being EGS exclusive (Barring maybe Kingdom Hearts because Sony would probably cater to Disney) forever since Sony has been spiting Timmy ever since he publicly bad mouthed them over Fortnite cross play and, as shown by the Fortnite vs Apple trial, Sony regularly rejects offers for PC exclusivity deals for Playstation exclusives even though they offer them exuberant sums of money for them.

5 years ago I'd say worry about SE games getting heavily censored but their own ethics department does that now anyway so nothing changes.

>FF and DQ will become PS exclusive games
We are eating good, sonybros.

>dumb fag likes ignore Microsoft shoving tranny devs into WoW, Starfall and their recent first party tranny game. Also ignores Animal Crossing characters being canonical gay in the American release, genders removed in both Splatoon 3 and Monster Hunter Rise, along with massive censorship in Disgea 6 on the english version Switch (which was changed for the PS4 definitive edition) and censorship in every single Fire Emblem port. Absolutely hypocritical faggot.

Console exclusives anyway, since Sony seems keen on releasing their games on PC.

Two more weeks. Trust in the plan.

Cope

I play my games in Japanese user so I don't know what you're talking about with Nintendo, but I would never ever be caught dead playing a game made outside of Japan so who gives a shit about MS

square enix has never developed a single good video game

I don't care as long as FF stays around

Reading comprehension user.This is why you shouldnt change your gender

They're not gonna buy Square.
Square has three franchises people care about.
>Final Fantasy
Already effectively exclusive to Sony.
>Dragon Quest
They don't own any part of it. square just develops the games. So buying Square doesn't give you DQ exclusivity.
>Kingdom hearts
Square owns this, however, it relies heavily on Disney characters which means Disney effectively controls it, not Square.

They would be spending 10 billion dollars just to lock Nintendo out of shitty 2D JRPGs like Triangle strategy.

Like how I felt about MS buying Activision. Indifferent.
I haven't played a game by either developer in a long time.

I guess it would be over for Square this time for real.

Hopefully it happens. It's a good fit for Sony.

Any other square IPs that Sony could resurrect?

is Nintendo also part of this '''Red Triangle'''' you speak of? where did you hear about this?

Meanwhile Sony cancelled a completed game because they're afraid of titties

The only Japanese developers who matter besides Nintendo are Bamco and Capcom. Bamco is too big for anyone to buy. Capcom is good but now worth the huge price it would cost, especially when a ton of their devs immediately leave. Acquisitions will happen in the western industry.

What game? Senran Kagura?

incorrect

FFX and KH1 managed to recouperate the losses. Nintendo pushed the merger because Yochi Wada wanted to make games on their platforms again. This wouldn't happen if they didn't allow a Nintendo asset (Enix) become a part of their company structure.

>where did you hear about this
You can just Wikipedia it, most of the moneyholders in Japan from "back in the day" are ultnat or former yakuza or both.

Actually they've already been testing the waters with releasing some things on Switch as well. Probably because they, like Microsoft, no longer view Nintendo as competition.

Square merged with From and became Fromsoftware

Nintendo formed ties with a japanese secret society in the 1800s. They are a well guarded company. Freemasons made a deal with them in the 1990s, which is why they are tied to Seattles baseball team. Ex Japanese Yakuza have said words on this publicly in statements.

One of the omega labyrinth games. Was completed then the PS4 version was abruptly cancelled. Then when the devs made another game at the end of the trailer they made a dig at sony with a short video about how family friendly the game is.

It’s not happening. They didn’t shed western baggage recently to put themselves in a position for sale. That’s just not how it works, those IPs they sold were more relevant and valuable to Sony than their Nip stuff

Nothing much... what would change?

What has Sony released on switch?

Why on Earth would Sony want Square Enix? Their focus in on the West and SE isn't even king in Japan. That's Nintendo.

Attached: 1560560812376.png (666x375, 131.91K)

>More consolidation
At least Square sold all their good shit last week lmao.

What a load of horseshit. Fuck do I hate modern Sony.

Why doesn't Sorny just buy EA?

>Sony buying Square
>Sony buying Konami
>Sony buying Capcom
>Sony buying Kadokawa
WE CAN'T STOP WINNING

enix already milked square IPs dry, buying enix now would be a shit decision

Xenogears would be a big one
Mana series kinda has been ressurrected
There's also the Tactics games
Bushido Blade is too niche

I wouldn't like it

Are you ignoring that Playstation PC LLC is a thing that exists and that some of your biggest titles such as God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, and even the Uncharted Legacy Collection are available on PC or soon will be?
It's only a matter of time before more show up. Bloodborne, Last of Us parts I and II, Ratchet and Clank, and so on.,
You seem to forget that Sony's gaming division isn't a Japanese company anymore. It's an American company. Run by a Jew. And that Jew isn't going to ignore an entire demographic the way your previous nip overlords did out of foolish pride. He's already made it clear that Sony titles have a future on PC as a platform.

>could
Can you niggers not read?

You people have been saying this about every company for months now.

The funniest thing in the world is that Sony owns Bungie. That is fucking hilarious to me. Of all the guys they could scoop off their feet they picked Bungie holy hell lol. Well hey maybe they'll do something different next besides Destinyshit but we all know how that'll turn out

I wouldn't mind. They're literally made for each other. SE's best games released when they were almost entirely PlayStation-focused

>people say FF7R cost $200M
>never one source
Its all so tiresome

reading is for faggots and women

I think the biggest blow Microsoft delivered to Sonyfags was making them feel like Sony has to respond in kind. That way they know, deep inside, that Microsoft struck them with a blown. It's the only true form of defeat.

But SE no longer releases new good games

Bushido Blade might be a good choice seeing as Ghost of Tsushima, Sekiro and Nioh have all done really well.
Would love a Tactics revival too.

Guess you’re a faggot then

I don't care about NFTs

You tell me: how many major acquisitions leaked before their formal announcement???

As a PS5 owner I wouldn't really care since I play XIV on PC anyways.

Acquisitions don't work like that, they don't leak, ever. Why is everyone talking about some faggot's wishlist like it's real?
Is it a marketer or just fanboys spreading this shit?

we got stranger of paradise and triangle strategy this year alone. what an idiot.

How is triangle strategy? Story and gameplay

I really can not dredge up any fucks to give with how shit SE has been.

>could
>rumor
If they do buy something it will be yet another shit dev
Oh wait

MLB The Show 22
Granted it's only a yearly sports title, but it's still something made by one of Sony's first party subsidiary studios and it's on not only Switch but also Xbox.

It's literally just fanboys choking on corpo cock so they can "win"

Disney owns KH, not Square. Nintendo had to contact Disney to get the rights to use Sora, Square wasn't even involed

Retard journalist can't even spell

>Of all the guys they could scoop off their feet they picked Bungie holy hell lol.
And for three B's, at that. That's the thing that convinces me they're unlikely to make any other big acquisitions. So long as they have an active product that makes money on the scale of Destiny 2, they *know* they can charge Sony more than that when I'm pretty sure Sony don't actually have that many billion dollars of spare capital.

They already have SE games on lock, I think Capcom would offer a little more since its more at risk of being acquired.

>announcements that microsoft or nintendo are doing well in sales pop up
>suddenly a gorillion articles and tweets all at the same time about how sony is dominating in "dollar sales"
>announcements/rumors that microsoft is acquiring a large publisher
>suddenly a gorillion articles and tweets all at the same time about how "industry insiders" allege that sony is going to somehow purchase a gigantic beloved game company that is worth like 2x+ the amount of cash sony actually has on hand
>big game comes out and is doing well at the same time a big sony game comes out
>suddenly a gorillion articles and tweets about how OTHER GAME is bad and even the devs of epic sony game start publicly trashing it
These coincidences are very strange, bros. They just keep happening!

Attached: 1651856655652.gif (260x291, 2.6M)

Interesting
Still hate modern Sonys bullshit tho

Sony buying just flew over my house!

Sony would buy Fromsoft before buying SE.

Square is a FFXIV company

Square no longer exists, there is only Enix

the story isn't incredible but it's interesting and the gameplay is what you should expect from a competently made srpg, although there's no class swapping but each character has their own unique kit that makes them useful and there's a wide variety of characters to chose from. there's even multiple routes with different battles and endings plus it's actually challenging if you play on the hardest difficulty.

I will never understand how anyone but the worst trannies could ever fanboy for modern Sony. It isn't the same company anymore

Where i can read more of this

The weird thing is that Sony did "answer back" with a spate of studio acquisitions, but it's all shit nobody cares about.

All of this paints a pretty grim picture of the industry consolidating though. I hope all of these studios fail as hard as EA's acquisitions.

Kadokawa purchased from soft not too long ago, no way they'd sell to Sony. And Sony definitely doesn't have the cash to buy kadokawa.

I don't see any mention of it on Wikipedia. All I can find is a website about them hosting events and such in America to maintain their communities in the country. The Yakuza thing sounds like ass to me.

>le maysens
lol. lmao. yeah right. why would they affiliate with a Christian group like them?

Is hard too hard for a blind playthrough? I've beaten almost every fore emblem game on the hardest difficulty on my first playthrough

the plans surrounding that movie were too ambitious for the 20th century
and it was bad and had even worse marketing

Seems like a good fit with how gay as fuck recent final fantasy games have been. Let them sink together.

Square left with Sakaguchi. Any remainders were removed during Versus XIII's development and gutted completely in 2013.

Has sakaguchi made anything good since he left?

Brand loyalty is an hell of a drug

He made Lost Odyssey which is the only good final fantasy game released after XII.

he made this kino

Attached: Lost_Odyssey_cover.jpg (265x377, 112.03K)

Come get them, we're selling IPs with fanbases that have been terminally stabbed in the back and the number of sales and players have been declining.

The Last Story, Fantasian and Lost Odyssey

I also liked Terra Battle a lot and genuinely think it was stupid of them to drop the series altogether after Terra Battle 2. I thought it was conceptually interesting with a lot of potential.