Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak

>Less than two(2) days until pic rel
Hopes? Dreams? Expectations? Nightmares?

Attached: 1651856149367.jpg (1920x1080, 1.75M)

>Hopes?
Gravios
Monoblos
Duramboros
Deviljho
Jhen Mohran
Yama Tsukami
King Shakalaka
>Dreams?
CritDraw GS builds back.
>Expectations?
Disappointment.
>Nightmare?
Them tweaking the GS again

Attached: 1483478840724.jpg (476x393, 32.02K)

I will NOT buy another Monster Hunter game until they announce Peco or Gigginox. Im tired of Capcom holding my wives hostage.

>Hopes?
Another map besides Citadel, don't care if it's new or returning
Cool returning monsters like Agnaktor, Malfestio, or Nergigante
Apex Gear
>Dreams?
Hammer's new Silkbind is an alternate to Impact Crater, is good enough to be viable, but not overpowered to overshadow it completely (since I still think it's cool)
>Expectations?
1-2 new subspecies
Something dumb like Uragaan
An annoying amount of focus on the plot in the trailer, when everyone knows how it'll play out anyways
>Nightmare?
Some retarded new mechanic like Clutch Claw
Rampages are now even more annoying

Attached: FOEsKIYXwAUeo5l.jpg (673x900, 96.18K)

I gave up on World shortly after launch because I didn't like these changes:
>FOMO rotating quests
>Unskippable terrible cutscenes that disrupted being able to play with friends
>New armor skill system, especially fucking RNG decorations
How many of these are also in Rise?

>FOMO rotating quests
Gone, Event Quests are permanent
>Unskippable terrible cutscenes that disrupted being able to play with friends
Gone, skip at your leisure
>New armor skill system
Still here
>especially fucking RNG decorations
Decorations are crafted, but the Talisman is RNG

>How many of these are also in Rise?
>>FOMO rotating quest
Nope
>>Unskippable terrible cutscenes that disrupted being able to play with friends
Nope
>>New armor skill system, especially fucking RNG decorations
Half, the skill system is like world where any point activates some amount of the skill but decos are craftable with rng charms like old games

More dango
make the entire game about it

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 114.11K)

>Inb4 retards who dont even read the quest texts come in to cry about dango being just rice flour or some shit

That makes sense, they went back on the bad changes but the armor skill thing is a more permanent change. I'll always miss the feeling of completing my perfect set that I carefully created on Athena's ASS, it doesn't feel the same if everything is incremental. But I guess the other things mean it'll be a lot better to play now.

>Hopes?
No Rampages, the main gimmick is simply just the not-Everwood/Guiding Lands hunting ground
Wirefall to eat the entire available and recharging bugs rather than just one
>Dreams?
The option to simply not have Wirebugs cause Riding
An option to make it so monsters will never attack Companions and only go for the Hunter
Expanding Riding Palimute moveset to the point where it is a complete weapon rather than a few knife swipes
Slingers returning for Sword and Shield and Greatsword
Hunting Horn being able to go into any attack animation they want again
Online Replays for Challenge Quests
>Expectations?
Longsword wankery (again)
Bootleg Valor Style
Forcing Wyvern Riding even harder
>Nightmares?
Forcing Wyvern Riding even harder
Lao Shun Lung

I love Rise so much and I wish it had been on PC from the get go. Fuck Nintendo

Attached: zinogre moon.jpg (1920x1080, 648.15K)

The worst thing about the new armor system is how it kills the old progression. In old MonHan you had to stop and build a set every so often, now you just craft whatever you happen to have mats for and zoom zoom through the games so that you can go online and complain about the lack of content

>Wirefall to eat the entire available and recharging bugs rather than just one
It's a lot more likely that monsters will just do more combos and more attacks that disable all your bugs, like the one Mizu does a lot.

This

I like that there is less grinding and I don't complain about the lack of content because I'm not literally retarded

Attached: monsters are the content.png (1530x982, 615.68K)

Wirebugs are the monster hunter equivalent of teching, there's no need to radically nerf it, the monsters just need to get better at tech chasing

You could plow through GU just wearing Bulldrome/Jaggi until the start of GRank
3U was the same with Jaggi or Rathalos armor on each rank
People rushing shit isn't new

Attached: 1553401735581_(1).jpg (1280x1810, 207.05K)

I still need to catch up on PC, I haven't even unlocked the Narwa fight yet.

I just hope the endgame is good. Also I hope they somehow give hammer a little more depth, spamming impact crater gets kinda boring. Dunno how it is with other weapons as I only bonk

>The option to simply not have Wirebugs cause Riding
>An option to make it so monsters will never attack Companions and only go for the Hunter
I don't understand why people aren't celebrating this since, while it's still annoying, it's at least a huge improvement from Iceborne. Monsters can fight only once in 10 minutes in Rise and will avoid each other after the first time so you never even need dung while you needed it all the time in World, they don't roar before and after, WR/rodeo happens only once, there are no more claggers, no more tenderizing, no constant wallbanging for maximum DPS. Rise partially fixed this shit like MHGU partially fixed and toned down the verticality after 4

Am I just a positive guy or is Alzheimer's a widespread thing in the MH community?

Attached: 164523453835.jpg (1024x596, 89.22K)

There's a big difference between farming the minmaxed bujabu set and just equipping literally whatever

So, Rath? Top-tier progression gear in EVERY game

>Citadel doesn't have a random ass spot of water in each area
Thank fuck for this.

Attached: Screenshot (14).png (2560x1440, 3.6M)

Bump

How many hours exactly till the event starts?

May 10, 7:00 PDT / 15:00 BST.

1 day 18hrs

Cool thanks. Gonna leave work early that day.

Two sleeps

wish they would add tonfa or magnet spike

How does one do this without getting fired?

>There's a village Magnamalo% speedrun at GDQ just before the release of Sunbreak
Neat

You work as a structural engineer. Hell, I might as well just take that day off.

>speedtranny

By not working at a shitty restaurant or something.

I'm replaying Monster Hunter and EVERY FUCKING PLAYER IS A SHITTER REEEEEEEEE

>Oof ouch owie my [bodypart] hurts
You can be away from work in any first world country for at least 3 days without a doctors note, this includes leaving during your shift.

stop playing with randoms then

I noticed in my online hunts that most people seem to just to basic attacks. Except hammer and greatsword users.

Attached: dunk_to_death.webm (1024x576, 2.34M)

>without a doctors note
nah

What I hope they fix:
- Remove the ride build up from silkbinds or at least make it so ride state doesn't override other status effects. This is especially annoying with weapons like Hammer where you proc a nice stun and then monster instantly enters the rideable status and wastes the stun.
- Nerf/remove the hyper speed that monsters get when they flee to other area. It was fun trying to stop monsters from fleeing, but now it's pretty much impossible because even the most sluggish monster runs faster than your dog.
- Fix the dog AI. It's frustrating as hell to try to call your dog while he thinks that fighting a fly is more important.
- Rebalance some of the decos.

Sucks to live where you live, can't imagine having to go to a doctor for a simple fever and flu

>- Fix the dog AI. It's frustrating as hell to try to call your dog while he thinks that fighting a fly is more important.
One of the most mildly irritating things, honestly. It's weird how you can set/change their attack patterns at the buddy post but can't set them to ignore small monsters.

Most jobs allow you to take up to three days of sick leave with just your own notice. Of course if you try to do it every other week they might start to ask some questions.ddkyk

>- Fix the dog AI. It's frustrating as hell to try to call your dog while he thinks that fighting a fly is more important.
You can tell the AI to focus on the big monster and stay close.

>Digital Event is the same time as my OChem final
Hmm what to do...

Attached: 1498382786070.jpg (1080x1080, 101.7K)

You're not alone. I also find the over-the-top hyperbole over riding completely baffling.

Based hammerbro

>rajangpants

It's going to be on youtube shortly after. Don't neglect your studies bro.

Geez, Zinogre is literally made to be fought with HH

Nah. Fuck Rise, but I'll answer anyway.

>Hopes?
Plate drops to top off the end of low rank in my run through GU. Male Gammoth ends up being a roaming monstrosity in MH6.
>Dreams?
Freedom Unite, 3U, and 4U ports. I also wouldn't mind an MHG port.
>Expectations?
Capcom being Japanese Activision when it comes to Monster Hunter. Also scales from tale carves.
>Nightmares?
Open world faggotry in MH6

>Fuck Rise
Thank God Capcom made MH fuckable again

Attached: sample-9cd16c629a406e6e4c1a94bae6330622.jpg (850x1347, 151.54K)

Stop melding charms. They will be shit tier in Sunbreak

2 more days until this big reveal :)

Attached: hororohoruru1.png (925x696, 245.39K)

RISE SUCKS

ANIMESHIT

Zinogre is made for every weaopn. He is the most perfect and well-rounded monster in the series

Rise thread

Anime board

Seethe, cope, dilate

God, Capcom tomboys are so good

Attached: 13c76e5b00278dd25d52e90ec6cdff53.jpg (500x422, 48.19K)

world almost ruined him
>zinogre
>literally roars when you hit him like every other shitmon
>looks like a furry bara

Is this Volkswagen?

Wirebug is a way better implementation of verticality than the shit that introduced in 4U, I can't count how many times ledges ate my rolls or forced me into the air just to get smacked in the air or how many times a monster's body fell in a high elevation, don't even get me started with slopes in world, I really hope they do something like wirebugs for mobility in the next games as long as they don't bring back wirefall , heck bring back just the base wirebug mobility without silkbinds would also be fine, as for mounting I think wyvern riding is just way more interesting than mashing one button and ocasionally pressing a button to hold on or to jump into another part, they just need to fix how turf wars work

Yeah, I pretty much gave up on melding charms. Got nothing but shit but fully expect a rework or just g rank armor being so good that I won't need the best charms anyway. I still haven't got all those lottery decorations.

I would like to switch to PC but I’m not throwing away all 1000 hours because Capcom/Nintendo are being homosexual and refusing to allow save swaps.

>Hopes
Return of Nintendo collabs, especially after this underperformed on PC compared to World
>Dreams
more elaborate Rampage and way more arenas for them
>Expectations
Solid expansion that eats away my summer until Xenoblade 3
>Nightmares
some dumb, flow-breaking claw-shot equivelant that the entire expansion revolves around

Yes, yes they are.

Attached: A35349F4-16B5-425A-8B00-E920D410DFE8.jpg (300x225, 24.87K)

>I can't count how many times ledges ate my rolls or forced me into the air
Not to mention slopes. Dunno how that shit got greenlit

Imagine Capcom playsters all main the same 3 weapons

I think the build up for rides with silkbinds isn't the problem, the problem is that turf wars basically give you a free ride and non main target monster have low riding threshold so you can ride them and go to the main monsters and either wallbang for a certain ride or just give a feel hits for major riding damage, its just a matter of making turf wars give a percentage of riding damage, increase non main target's riding threshold and perhaps increase riding threshold overall

>Return of Nintendo collabs
I feel like Capcom genuinely hates Nintendo. Both Capcom and Nintendo have become next-level Jewish in the last years

Rice
Spider-Man
Bing
Tendies
MMO
MOBA
Cooldowns
Pokemon
Arena
Tracking
Anime

Did I miss anything?

If you didn’t have wiredfall you’d be getting carted left and right. Monsters in Rise are more aggressive and faster than in previous titles.