Final Fantasy XI Livestream

FFXIs 20th Anniversary Livestream starts in 5 minutes
Stream will be 5 hours+
Announcements are likely
Not sure if there will be an English option

youtu.be/sVwb60nU1IA

Attached: 1651995759434.png (1022x1139, 852.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n6mxRUKehtE
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are we going home?

Attached: 1629715623532.jpg (1920x1080, 834.5K)

Wouldn’t mind a current gen version for consoles.

I’d probably play it over FFXIV if they did that.

Can only hope so user
They've been teasing 20th Anniversary being something big for years now

Seeing Delkfutt's Tower in Strangers of Paradise sincerely made me want to see more HD XI zones
I'd kill for a remaster, but a single player game would make me just as happy

Attached: 1651996212049.jpg (2560x1440, 392.49K)

>single player FFXI
>it's only up to CoP and doesn't include BLU

Attached: 1626020300840.gif (200x219, 110.75K)

HE'S HERE

Attached: 1630010480816.png (1355x736, 641.1K)

Really wish we had an English translation stream

holy shit I didn't know it was in that game. I was going to wait to buy it. I remember spending hours in there trying to learn battery charge on my blue mage.

Attached: blu.png (413x380, 154.12K)

Funny you mention that, because Delkfutt's in SOP has a unique enemy that only appears there
The XI Magic Pots

Me too. This sorta stuff fascinates me.

that is funny. Such a weird coincidence.

Attached: ffxivalk.png (652x488, 854.28K)

Does FFXI on pc have a free trial and controller support? Might try it on my laptop.

Yes and yes, but for some reason I always have a hard time setting up my controller when I reinstall. It's weird with some shit because it's so ancient.

Someone mentioned that the first few hours are just generally about celebrating XI
So it's likely announcements won't be until near the end
I'm with this user though, sucks I can't really understand anything

it does. My friend played on a modded PS2 controller forever. I think you can use whatever though. Also yeah there is a free trial. Although I am not sure if Playonline is as annoying as it used to be. Hope not.

Noice. Think I’ll give it a shot then. Hope it’s not complicated to get going though.

Looks mad comfy.

Some dude in the YouTube chat is translating bits and pieces at least, which is pretty based

Get windower too so you can fix the resolution and get 60 fps.

Yes, and it'll be $10 on the 13th. There's also a free period starting then regardless. XI was made for a controller, but I often have some minor troubles with newer controllers and connecting to it.

Give me a single player remake on switch you nip fucks

I have a wireless 360 controller lying around somewhere. I’ll try using that.

Please be excited ;)

This, there's a whole lot of UI improvements too

I'd say a single player game set in Vana'diel is probably one of the possible outcomes
It'd play different from XI though
They've complained about doing an Offline Single Player of XI because of the mechanics and because of how XI plays

i hope so as well
ive done everything there is to do on 2005~2012 retail and 3 private servers.
if they announced FFXI Classic I'd gladly pay $25/mo and play right fucking now

I would still want at least like lobbies of some sort or something, XI was created with the idea that you have to overcome a pretty unforgiving world and you absolutely cannot do it alone unless you're Beastmaster. Literally all of my best memories of XI are because of the people I was with. That said, Chains of Promathia alone is worthy of a number FF story so we definitely need something for the future. These cunts remake everything else, be bold and remake the MMO. It can still be "hard" to try to take a big chunk out of the casual market with XIV, and the boomer market with XI.

Turning it into a co op RPG would be fantastic but I’m going to assume it’ll be too much work for the team.

Does this game work on windows 11?

I’m hearing it’s a little complicated to get going.

If they get rid of PlayOnline I'm signing up for sure.
As it is, I tried. PO is just a POS

I'll miss that poorly mixed jazz piano blasting in my ears, but I would love for it to be incorporated in the normal XIV launcher.

I guess that depends on what team handles it
Because it's not directly related to the Online game, it'd probably be developed by another Team or outsourced with input and monitoring from the XI team, much like the now canceled XI Mobile was

Do we know why mobile was cancelled?

That jazz always got me so excited to play back in 2005

SoP has an area from pretty much every final fantasy game

Any info yet or has it all been padding so far?

They’re just talking about how it came to be. I think.

Long story short: NEXONs incompotence
They didn't know how to create a battle system that worked, and were found trying to turn the combat sywtem into a card game before it got axed

Grubber here, we're collabing with you in like 2 days. I'm surprised they've kept this game going for 20 years, but it's also pretty cool they've done so, although I dunno how it'd be to jump in now if someone wanted to give it a shot.

Attached: description_event_5_2.png (596x682, 152.25K)

youtube.com/watch?v=n6mxRUKehtE
i miss it ffxi was the first mmo i ever really got into

It's really easy to jump in and get up to max level so you can see the story. It's very hard to get caught up for endgame.

>Kraken Club
I've pined for this items for like 17 years and never got it

>Shantotto II and Kraken Club
Kek
Hopefully Shantotto turns out pretty good
She was memed into being one of FFs strongest Spellcasters

Nothing will ever match the early MMO days. party trinity, forced role queues, no supports. it all hurts so much.

A long, long time ago I played XI, but it is not bound to my modern Square Enix account. Is there any way I could recover my ancient PlayOnline / XI account? There's a pretty good chance I have the original FFXI discs and disc key somewhere, I have a couple of hypothetical PlayOnline names and passwords but no guarantee that they'er accurate or that I know the exact combination from so long ago. Hmm... Think I can just write SE accounts and ask them to look into the account with X cd key and then find out that it had the same name on it as my current one now etc?

It’s a shame ffxiv uses a different battle system. It doesn’t feel as…strategic? To me anyways. But I retard so whatever.

should work if you have a cd key laying around but SE support is kind of shit to deal with so keep that in mind

Unironicly between now and the next few weeks is the best time to play
Plenty of new people curious will be starting and playing in the next few weeks and there will be a Discount campaign and a free login period for returning players
It being the 20th Anniversary will just draw even more people to the game, even if it's for a limited time

>Think I can just write SE accounts and ask them to look into the account with X cd key and then find out that it had the same name on it as my current one now etc?
Seems like a longshot, especially with SE customer support. Do you have your original manuals? I'm pretty sure there's some account info in those.

Nakamura Yuuichi is so handsome

This is literally "drag out my shit from college boxes" but I probably have the old FFXI discs and manuals (for the original, before any expansions came out) . Maybe something will be in there.

Unfortunately Shantotto is unplayable, we get Prishe and Lilisette instead, and event/welfare summons tend to not be that great outside of a few exceptions. At most you can use her as a summon skin or put her as your home character. Unless they're hiding her from the previews and they pull a Kimetsu and reveal her as playable in the second half of the collab, but I'm not holding my breath.

Attached: FSD5__UVsAA8KaG.jpg (640x929, 148.74K)

Final Fantasy 11's strategy relies solely on optimization given an encounter's mechanics -- not so much the complications of the playstyle. You're not meant to linger on more calculated and important decisions like FFXI as opposed to think quickly and optimize damage or mitigation given the situation of an encounter.

They're really different ways to play and I value the fact that they've co-existed for so long. I've always wanted to give XI a good, solid try, but the nuisance of PlayOnline and using modern hardware without the plug-ins is really tiresome. I'd love to see some changes to make the game more easy to at least turn on.

Attached: 1640912089836.jpg (728x582, 63.27K)

>they mentioned pso

How big was that game when it released? Seems a real shame to fall from grace so badly.

XIV is largely a reactive system. You see incoming damage and you either dodge or mitigate as needed. XI being so much slower is a more proactive system, you're building TP to open or close a skillchain, you're preparing the magic burst, you're preparing more mobs as puller while paying mind to MP bars and how much your party can safely take per mob, it's a lot more about working together and keying in to your party members needs.

I keep forgetting I subbed to XI not too long ago. I should really log in and do some stuff, last time I played I wanted to get into fishing.

>Jueno's theme
Fuck
My heart can't take it

Attached: 1651999362716.jpg (679x665, 69.6K)

>my XI waifu Ulmia is there
Holy fuck

Attached: 1618364374876.jpg (750x750, 12.44K)

MY BAD I MEANT FF14'S STRATEGY IN THAT FIRST LINE. Should've went over it.

I was into .hack pretty much simultaneously as XI so POL did give me good The World feels.

pso was basically its only competition for an "mmo" in japan. it was pretty big, even in the west the weebs would fight over which was better at the time.

Extremely big, surprisingly
In one of the WE REMEMBER VANA'DIEL interviews, Nomura talks about playing PSO with his friends more than he did FFXI
I regret not playing it myself when I was younger

dot hack was also the reason i picked this up despite dot hack being a real bad way to learn what mmo's are about.still love the series to death though

Pso was pretty fucking special.

Why would you play a dead game vs a game in its peak is beyond me.

Same reason I'm emulating Xenogears right now.

Until those cocksuckers with EU versions figured out they could FSOD NA copies. PSO global moderation was nonexistent, that shit really was the wild west. I still spent an entire night with a party playing through all of EP1 and 2 to get the Rico and Flowen cameos at the end.

I wish I could get more into XI. I've given it a good try, put a decent number of hours into it, but there's stuff about it that rubs me the wrong way.
I get that the way a lot of it was designed was to encourage cooperation with other players - but starting it now on retail, there basically aren't any other players. And you just have quickstart guides that tell you where to go.
The endgame has players still, but from everything I've heard about it you have to be mega optimal to even have a chance of joining for that stuff - which sort of spoils all of the freedom that XI gives you with weapon choices and gear and stuff over XIV. WAR can use a bunch of different weapons, but really if you're not using [x] or [y] gearset or combination what the fuck are you doing, you retard, get out.

It was the first console MMO, on the heralded Dreamcast. It was huge not just for MMOs or Sega but for the entire industry.

I get it. I had the privlege of playing PSO when it first came out. Even though there was only four areas to go through, there were tons of missions, and everyone was usually pretty down to do runs for loot and better weapons.

The game was easily at its best during Blue Burst on PC.

A-at least I got to play PSO2 at launch...
Global

Attached: 1651999763629.jpg (261x192, 28.02K)

Translate it, boomer weebs.

This has to be bait. I don't even play XI but there's no need to be facetious.

XI isn't dead though, there are thousands of players still playing it.