Pic related embodies everything that sucks about Strive

>Unfun to play against..
>People play him literally the same way every single match.
>You have to play the exact same way to counter him.
>He further kills what very little character expression Strive had.

People who play this character should feel bad.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 131.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TwyTfv6GVNA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like anime Joker

happy happy
[spoiler}joy joy[/spoiler]

I iterally main him for these reasons, there is nothing more fun in a fighting game then making the opponent miserable.

Did Strive have player expression? When I watched on release it was just Sol doing plus on block moves until your meter filled and then he'd just do one combo and kill you.

This game sucks

I didn't think there could be anything worse than -Sign- Elphelt and here we are. People who say that nerfs are bad are full of shit. Kneecapping El is what made that game playable and its what needs to be done here.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII DRIFT TONIGHT

Attached: kirby yelling into a mic.jpg (1200x873, 72.81K)

Depends, "player expression" can mean a number of things. GG in general is bad for player exression since most characters are designed with a very cear archetype and gameplan in mind. No one is ever going to play Millia and not emphasize oki or play Jam and not go full unga bunga.

every once in awhile a top tier like this comes into existence, shit happens. arcsys usually don't let zoners rock and break their legs so HC will likely be gutted in season 2.

"Player expression" is kind of a scrubby meme to begin with. No matter how complex a game is there is a 'correct' way to play it. Everything feels free-form when you're new and don't really know what you're doing.

Reductionist pseud

They probably just didn't think ahead that much when making him. The only way you could probably fix him is to remove the reload mechanic and make it a cool down instead.

This game will remain dead to me until they add Bridget to the roster, which might very well not happen if all they are doing with this game is repeating rev 2 + a few new characters nobody cared about.

the right way to play it is the way that wins and a good game gives players multiple paths to victory

Attached: 76f6f75e33d246a319a3bcc9f44e607b.png (4096x4096, 3.45M)

I play Anji and have fun. It's not like I play at a level where tier lists matter.

same

I see people try and say this now but looking not even 10 years into the past who/what game can you even say people play at the "correct" way. Could you really say Justin Wong Rufus and Ricky Ortiz Rufus played the same? Who is playing "correct" in this scenario where they both won so often that EG grand finals became a meme?

>Unfun to play against..
That's how I feel about Axyl Low

Are you serious? Of all the characters? You had to pick the Xrd level character that weaseled his way into Strive? You couldn't pick someone like Baiken or Testament or fucking Sol?

That's what you get for playing a shitty game instead of fightcade

>or fucking Sol?
How to find a brainbroken HC player.

I fucking hate anjis invuln parry

>Xrd level character
lol

user...

Really? zoney zoney gun man filters every normalfag but webm related doesn't? cuz it sure as fuck filters me from taking this kusoge seriously.

Attached: 1631856504274.webm (800x450, 2.45M)

It's because it's less fun to die at range where you can't even touch the guy and you die trying to even approach him than to just go from 100 to 0 health

Sol represents what SFV has done to the industry.

He's the only one that halfway feels like a guilty gear character and not an almost interchangeable bag of tools and functions right now.

Attached: 1649982578153.png (275x311, 164.41K)

You can deal with Sol if you know his kit. He's still bullshit but it's better than being chipped from full screen and not being able to do anything about it.

nigga they let sol get away unscathed you think theyre gonna touch HC? LMAOOOO.
seriously what is up with arcsys and clearl busted characters lately

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.33M)

>He's the only one that halfway feels like a guilty gear character
nice bait

seethe
xrd will never be relevant again and you will never be a woman

t. never played a GG game

They fixed Elphelt and attempted to fix Johnny. There's still hope. With the amount of grief HC is causing to the playerbase they would be hurting themselves to do nothing.

He doesn't have that many combo options to begin with like a lot of Strive characters. Hell, Baiken is braindead easy to play as. Welcome to Strive, bitch.

Attached: FEQWzL-VUAM0zGH.jpg (671x1199, 104.71K)

>and attempted to fix Johnny.
By buffing him. Twice.

whats the jack-o matchup like for HC

GARUDA IMPACTO

GARUDA IMPACTO

GARUDA FUCKING IMPACTO!!

>attempted to fix Johnny
No they didn't. Johnny's saving grace was having only maybe 4 people that played him good enough to show how nuts he was. Everyone else used basic bitch sigh setups.

What the fuck do you mean, lately?

Attached: GGAC_Testament_Portrait.png (1483x2413, 1.82M)

accent core had huge player expression, and you could tell japanese players by their gameplay
xrd was more streamlined, and strive is lol

Attached: 48159350_p0.png (1000x660, 398.45K)

Every Rufus in the universe looks the same unless you are a) a Rufus player or b) a hardcore SFIV twitchboar

Ah yes, "player expression is just a meme" is my new favourite meme

Attached: 1649618649565.webm (320x240, 2.49M)

Don't care his move noises are cool,his combos feel good to do and I get to shit on baiken,nago and testament niggers that refuse to block easy with him.
But every single move of his a combo option because of fire and steady aim, he's the only character that can get a wall break off a 5p no matter where the enemy is or how close to the wall the opposing player is.

Attached: GGST_Happy_Chaos_2S_Hitbox.png (814x397, 139.91K)

>lately
They do this with every game they make. It's just a chore now and why I stopped bothering with the genre. As soon as T7, SFV and dbfz are dead and the new games are released I'm counting myself as not being a fg player anymore.
They keep powercreeping these games like they're fucking gachas. Leroy, fahkumram, UI Goku, labcoat 21, happy chaos. It's just so tiresome.

Have you tried throwing instead of mashing buttons constantly?

What fgc youtuber said this? Was it sajam? roofle?

all the strive youtube shills are trying to push this bullshit like lord knight, the tranny cow, sajam

>just do nothing bro
>just react bro
>just rush in blindly bro
You must beat all the Anji's you meet by willingly walking into his buttons huh

Probably anyone with a brain. Player freedom you could debate but DUDE I AM PAINTING A UNIQUE PICTURE WITH MY 5Ks, 236Hs, AND SUB OPTIMAL COMBOS was some stone cold faggot nonsense from some shitter up on their own farts.

player expression is a meme =/= player expression doesnt exist. majority of characters will play the same but there are always yoshimitsu in jack-o's in games where you will never play 2 back to back doing the same exact thing

ENTER

Attached: LKE_00.png (545x480, 393.41K)

>player expression doesn't exist
>except when it does

He is not as lopsided/dominant as you think, but by god, he is so fucking boring to play when he grabs the tiniest life lead

>lately
800 yen tier kokonoe,elphelt in xrd sign and beyond, baiken,testament and Zappa in +R.
I'd say only having one dlc being toppest of tier and requiring more than just mashing like an ape with nago or ram is pretty good.

Please don't act like everyone saying that being able to tell when nage is playing is the same as saying pic related.

Attached: 1643450640708.jpg (540x695, 34.46K)

If player expression didn't exist, we wouldn't have those stupid ass flowchart memes years ago.

>I just play for dolphin girl and booba girl
>i just smash buttons
>I have fun
get rekt tryhards

>GG in general

nonsense. plus R in particular has everyone with their full movesets and there's a plethora of ways to apply their gameplans. I don't care much for xturd, but it's also generally true there as well.

>GG in general is bad for player exression since most characters are designed with a very cear archetype and gameplan in mind

Attached: 1640584005068.png (800x600, 91.27K)

what were they thinking with baiken? i don't understand how they let sol/pot more or less keep his full moveset but then strip her down to 2 or 3 specials, kek

no. having more specials in your possession opens up possibilities. look at may in plus R. she can be played like a big dick pressure character (basically all she has left in strive), many of them treat her like a pseudo grappler trying to get you stay put, other mays like to go batshit with her aerial special spams and then use whale supers to catch you trying to knock them out of the air. there's multiple ways for may to be played compared to may in strive.

People playing differently doesn't mean they are expressing anything.

Flowcharters are by definition doing the opposite of expression.

If you haven't figured it out by now +R top tiers/annoying characters are being reduced to bones and repenting for being annoying in strIVe.

Potemkin got gutted hard though. Character is a shell of his former self without proper HFB pressure and requires on extremely unsafe pressure resets

>People playing differently doesn't mean they are expressing anything.

that's exactly what player expression means. there are multiple ways to play plus R GG characters; ways that literally don't exist in strive.

depends on*. To continue my thought: it's just a fundamental issue with Strive. Game sucks

it's partly because they neutered the aerial game in the transition to strive, but in doing so most characters are just stuck doing the same rote gameplan over and over and over.

it's not fun to play and it robs GG of the unique play. look at chipp, there was a world of difference beween sammitto, endou, and etc (I forget names, it's been a while) in their play; you can literally tell who is playing who by their play style.

Yea Forums what are your predictions, what/who is this song for
It was datamined awhile back
youtube.com/watch?v=TwyTfv6GVNA

Attached: 1628777543659.gif (380x282, 3.12M)

>that's exactly what player expression means
Not in human English it isn't, only in memes.

suck deb's dick some more why don't you