Did you play Xenoblade Chronicles™ 2: The Golden Country Torna?

Did you play Xenoblade Chronicles™ 2: The Golden Country Torna?

Would you rate it as a better experience than the original game?

Do you think Xenoblade 3 will be able to measure up to its predecessors?

Attached: Xenokino.jpg (1600x1536, 952.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p5CKo1RSYQY?t=629
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If Torna was a full game I'd probably like it more than 2. The combat systems are both fun, rly a preference for what you want, and the world design is Monolith world design so it's good either way. The cast is also fun in both but Torna's is probably a bit more mature, especially compared to the first half of 2.

Torna's biggest problem is that to pad out the runtime it places a couple side quest checks where you basically have to stop all momentum until you do X amount of sidequests in Y area. I imagine if it was a full game this wouldn't be here.

Attached: jin_lora.jpg (634x896, 101.73K)

>censoring Pyra
>not censoring M*thra
Disgusting pig, how can you prefer a shitty tsundere who has no reason to love Rex?

Yes.

-I always had a problem with the way blades generally work, you have these fantastic superhuman beings and then they linger around in the back during fights except for special moves. So I vastly prefer the combat in Torna.
-Lora+Jin > Rex+Pyra/Mythra
-The main game is still better because it's well, an entire game, but if Torna were somehow an entire game (you would have to vastly expand/change its story) it would be my favorite.

Yeah most likely, but I don't really like the possibility that it can screw over XC1 and 2, which were entirely complete and finished story-lines on their own and I greatly appreciate both.

It's a great DLC and in many ways showed how Monolith Soft were already improving design-wise over XC2.
That said it's too 'miniature' for me to put it over the base game. The plot moves at a breakneck speed until the sidequest dump at the end which is a jarring halt, even for someone who usually does all the sidequests anyway. The combat is much the same way -- It's faster, but takes out a ton of the depth of the base game as sacrifice.

Neat, I just finished Future Connected and have to decide between Torna and waiting for my physical copy of XC2. What should I do? Just go ahead with Torna?

I liked FC, it's a nice epilogue kind of chapter, but unfortunately wasted on the most boring character Melia. Nene and Kino are cute and I like how much they adore their father in their quiet moments, but I really would've liked to have Riki and Reyn and Dunban and Fiora as party members. I guess they couldn't get the VAs 10 years later to get together again. They never resolved the rift stuff, but I assume it's gonna tie in into 2.

>Did you play Xenoblade Chronicles™ 2: The Golden Country Torna?
Yes
>Would you rate it as a better experience than the original game?
Yes
>Do you think Xenoblade 3 will be able to measure up to its predecessors?
Hard to say but the trailers look promising.

yup
the combat is definitely better and faster. areas in the og game are better. i also disliked how i still had to do some sidequests for the final mission despite going out of my way to do everything
most definitely, seems the be the best of all of em

pls make my choice goys
xenoblade 2 or 13 sentinels what should i play first (whats more fun)

Do you know Japanese? If not, then don't play 13 sentinels, my Yea Forumsbros have told me the translation is bad and they've -never- lied to me.

The theoretical supergame where Torna is the prologue of XC2 would have been something (especially too long for most people), alas you're supposed to play XC2 first, because Torna will spoiler a bunch of important things.

Future connected was SHIT

I have
It was good, but it's simplicity caps it early in terms of combat. Never had trouble with the endgame enemies, whereas base XC2 had more lategame tank enemies and giganigga superbosses than you could shake a stick at
All prior Xenoblade's have been good games at their core. My only worry is that they do something stupid and fuck up the characterization of the legacy cast that's re-appearing in 3. My lovely wife, especially.

Attached: 1594444251105.png (650x702, 607.6K)

Yes
Not really. It's good for what it is but it's way shorter, has less replay value, build variety is basically non-existent and combat's been dumbed down.
Most definitely. Everything we've seen about the combat so far looks amazing. I'm just afraid it'll be too focus on "REMEMBER LOCATIONS FROM PREVIOUS GAMES?" to develop some interesting new locations of its own.

pretty sure torna was supposed to go somewhere in the middle of chapter 7 and 8, not as a prologue

How do you live with the fact that her minge never got action? That she's a loser slut who wanted dick but couldn't get it?

Not trying to be offensive, just trying to understand I'm from Yea Forums, excuse the autism

These about sum it up. Torna improved on 2 in a lot of ways: a faster-paced combat system with less of a slow-drip introduction of mechanics, more consistent tone from the get-go, no more gacha...
But at the same time it's still just an expansion so it can feel brief with major aspects of the Aegis war like the fall of Coeia being hand-waved, the combat loses some of the strategy in regards to orb-busting and chain attacks, and the story never hits the highs of the tail end of 2. I think if we got a full-fledged game it would've been better than 2, but I understand why they didn't go that route.
I'm looking forward to Xenoblade 3, looks pretty great. I'm disappointed they brought Saito back but the cast looks like much less of a clown crew than 2 so it's still an improvement in my book. Also worried about resolution and whether they finally bothered to make handheld mode not shit but we'll see what happens. The world design and combat look like a big step up from 2, and at the end of the day it's those aspects + the music that I really play Xenoblade for.

Attached: 2018091712274100-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4F12DA9898.jpg (1280x720, 290.82K)

>How do you live with the fact that her minge never got action?
You say that like it's a bad thing. More for me then.

Attached: nia ether.jpg (1006x1280, 122.01K)

>handheld mode
Do people really do this? You have a perfectly acceptable dock and a perfectly acceptable TV/PC monitor to use. Why would you ruin your experience like this? Handheld is for indie pixelshit and third party, not real Nintendo games. Do you really want to remember some iconic moment in 3 or maybe BotW with subpar graphics, 10 years down the line when you let your kids play these games?

Guess I'm in minority, I liked base 2 better than Torna. I don't think I even finished Torna, really should go back and finish it before 3.

a large large large LARGE number of people play handheld outside of this site

>More for me then.
Describe how much minge action you have gotten in real life, buddy. None. You're simping for someone in love not with you, and she's not even fucking real.

>real 3D

Attached: wdytwa.jpg (480x360, 16.36K)

>he settles for subpar imaginary pussy
I could understand him if he were getting real minge pussy for worshipping a slut in a game, but he isn't. There's no way he is. All that remains is, in my opinion, bad taste, which is why I try to understand if there IS more to it than I can imagine.

And a large amount of people play fortnite and vanguard. Your point being?

that yes, people really do play on handheld mode. first sentence in your post. lol

>stop having a waifu
>go out and breed more babies into our unstable, collapsing economy

Attached: 1499750374673.png (501x426, 16.57K)

it's fun and more enjoyable than the base game in many ways, but its just a short 15ish hour expansion rather than a full game, so judging it against the full base game feels wrong

>Did you play Xenoblade 2 Torna?
Haven't played any Xenoblade games
Will it have my waifu Mythra?

Attached: __pyra_mythra_nia_pyra_mythra_and_1_more_xenoblade_chronicles_and_1_more_drawn_by_inoue_takuya_tactactak__6d1d93b1baa05723b642e2cc20987315.jpg (722x1100, 273.11K)

Nah. I didn't even finished that shitty cashgrab.

No Torna is worse than the base game

Handheld is fine for 90% of games. Xenoblade just looks like shit because they decided to underclock the CPU to extend battery life despite being one of the most taxing games on the system. Breath of the Wild in particular looks great because it maintains native resolution.
Fwiw I played 2 and DE docked but I'm a poorfag now with just a lite and it's annoying knowing I'll need to upgrade back to a normal Switch for one game.

Attached: 2020060913510200-8625352D7931559E8BE3042D46DE9738.jpg (1280x720, 381.46K)

It's not a better experience, the story and gameplay in the base game has way depth and content. Torna is amazing as an expansion but has more simplified combat in comparison.

I fully expect 3 to be the best Xenoblade yet with all of the lessons Monolith Soft has learned in the development of 2, DE, and Future Connected. From the trailers it's shaping up pretty well.

Weird to me that people sell their consoles to buy a cheaper version

Planning on picking this up soon, how do I get the swimsuits?

Yes
No, because I'd be lying since Torna relies on the OG game to be so good or you wouldnt give a shit about half the cast. That said, it's two different experiences and story, XC2 has its own charm.
Measure up sure, but the idea it should beat 2 is unhealthy for it and its fanbase. It just needs to be a good game.

You get it from the land of challenge after beating some challenges and buying it with Nopon stone. Gotta buy the the Expansion Pack DLC, which includes Torna

In Xenoblade 2, the swimsuits are rewards you can purchase with the in-game currency you get for clearing challenges in the DLC's challenge mode, which unlocks at Chapter 4.
In Xenoblade 1, swimsuits are equipment you need to find through monster loot/purchase in shops/win from quests. If you're playing Definitive Edition, you get fashion gear slots that allows you to put everyone in swimsuits the moment you find a single one, and keep your usual gear's stats.

Nice, thanks. I'm actually gonna start DE later today too, want to finish that up before starting up 2. I really should finish X before either one but I haven't played it in years and don't remember shit.

I sold it awhile back to cover a tuition payment. Just bought a lite recently after 3 was announced, didn't realize how dire the handheld mode for these games was at the time.
Aside from Xenoblade though the lite is pretty nice, what with the proper d-pad and smaller form factor.

>and don't remember shit.
Read the manual.

If you're aiming to finish both before 3 comes out I think what you're doing is best, X can wait since it's not explicitly connected
Understandable, yeah while the handheld graphics can be kind of bad at times I find that the look pretty great still, and are perfectly playable. But docked is the best experience and I pretty much always play docked

You arent, Torna is just the safe word to say you liked 2 without saying you liked 2 because of how much tamer it is compared to 2 when it comes to those things trannies find problematic.
Most people love 2 and probably dont even know Torna exists desu, the 2 fanbase is incredibly huge

>censoring pyra
Yes, we know ONLY TRANNIES hate on Xeno 2.

You're too dumb for anything but steam forums if you don't understand that was a rhetorical question.

Yes! I like it!
You NEED to play Xeno 2 to properly enjoy it, so no. For me, it was more like an expansion.
Graphics and worldbuilding were astonishing again, by the way. Monolith it's incredible.
Sure. Designs and combat seems good!

I didn't even notice since this standard unedited image gets used for every Xenoblade 2 thread. OP is a huge faggot

Why is Nia always angry? She's pissed.

Fortnite it's pretty fun. Your point is?

Thank you for noticing at least. I censored her because I didn't want Torna players to get spoiled on her, but I seem to have offended some people instead. Pardon that, Pyra is a fantastic, deep character and I'm glad she exists :)

She's got some baggage. But she's fuckin' cute, even when she's absolutely pissed off.

Attached: 1627312302569.jpg (433x650, 66.76K)

>I censored her because I'm a transvestite
Yeah, we know.
By the way, Torna players already saw Xeno 2 cover before.

This mmo tier trash waifu bait game was never good

youtu.be/p5CKo1RSYQY?t=629

This combat? lol

>Torna players already saw Xeno 2 cover
Proof? Anecdotes are not evidence, mind you.

>xeno 2 designs make trannies meltdown THIS MUCH
I love Xeno 2 so much it's unreal.

>>>>>>>>Torna players
I hope you realize not a single soul that played Torna did so without playing 2 before it, and most of all without knowing or seeing Pyra atleast once.
Pyra and Mythra are two of the most popular jrpg characters of the last decade, unless you're joking I doubt anyone doesnt know them by now

My queen!

Attached: 1645419030695.png (1920x1080, 1.36M)

Yeah, it was fun until they asked me to do busy work in form of community quests. I've done them and then they asked again. Dropped the game and watched the rest of the story on Youtube.

Do not, ever, force me to do your boring side content. Either make it interesting or keep it completely optional.

I'm being genuine though, I even prefer her to Mythra. But you do have people like here who consider that stuff, so why not acquiesce me being considerate to newfriends?

Attached: f0e64de0ad18305ca0193f7ecfe5cd66.jpg (801x1561, 680.83K)

Attached: 1651823265140.webm (746x420, 2.69M)

>not a single soul that played Torna did so without playing 2 before it
ive always wondered what playing torna first is like
what would you think when jin and malos walk out together at the beginning in argentum
or when "fan la norne" first shows up

I wish they had gone back and added all the menu, map and field skill check speed improvements from Torna to the main game. Keep the gameplay changes to Torna, but at least put the UI and QOL changes in.

Does the mask stay on during sex?

Attached: memlovah.jpg (600x516, 57.82K)

"Torna players" shouldn't be playing Torna first before 2, and the fact that you're not supposed to be spoiled that Pyra has a superpowered true form in Mythra is much more of an important spoiler than her transforming into the weaker form at the end. It was such a cool moment to experience in the base game and playing Torna first ruins it a lot. Either way you see Pyra incredibly early in 2, it's not a spoiler at all. You get spoiled as hell about Malos as soon as you start Torna.

#
I'm # and I already know Pyra.

You'd feel nothing at their major moments since you already know everything.
All the mystery around Addam, the whole reason Jin is so fucking mad all the time or why Mythra is like that.
They just cheapen out. It's like watching the entirety of Harry Potter knowing Snape's whole character or playing FF7 knowing Cloud is a sham and Aerith dies, you just dont take have the same cool emotional pull you'd have at some relevant moments

Wouldn't it be funny if 3 flops like No More Heroes 3 for having a Fuck Racism shirt?

Attached: 1631874560070.jpg (250x239, 6.64K)

>But you do have people like 598218343
--> >"Anecdotes are not evidence"
So you were lying after all. Sad!
You should've also censor Rex, Nia and specially Zeke and Pandoria. They are late game Xeno 2. :/

FAHCKSHUALLY wrong, because I'm me, and I know I'm not you, but I know you're not me and him either, but we're all actually (you), so spare me the confusive talk me, I've got enough on my plate right now like whether to cancel my order for 2 and get it on the eshop right now or starting Torna instead!

Attached: implying.jpg (1810x314, 117.63K)

>you should play the game that’s a dlc side story before the base game, so i’ll censor something from the base game’s cover art and leave spoilers in the image
Fuck off. The way to play Xenoblade 2 naturally is base game then Torna. Playing Torna first dampens the experience of the base game, and they expect you to know some concepts from 2 in Torna anyway. True autistic immersion is to play Torna immediately after the end of chapter 7.

Let's not turn this into an argument, if OP said it wasn't done it bad faith and he seems to like Pyra why assume he's a hater?

Oh, and yeah, I knew about Pyra, by the way. I'm not a retard.

Is 2 like 1 where it'll give you a save mid-cutscene to mark the end/beginning of a chapter? I'm bad with numbers, do I get a big CHAPTER 7: AND THEN THEY FUCKED insert or do I need to pay attention when to stop and play Torna instead?

>OP said it wasn't done it bad faith
And he was lying. There's not a good reason to do it. He's yet another tranny SEETHE about Pyra.
Simple as.

Every chapter opens with the number and subtitle in the bottom right I believe, and when you finish a chapter the screen cuts to black and shows the chapter number again and the subtitle. You are then taken to the save screen.