Why is Baldur's Gate II so much better than every other WRPG?

Why is Baldur's Gate II so much better than every other WRPG?

Attached: 1650776729451.jpg (1200x675, 88.98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/bundle/380/Dungeons__Dragons_Enhanced_Classics_Ultimate_Bundle/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because it's using RTwP

Getting to fight the actually cool high-level D&D monsters start. Killing rats and shitty bandits is lame, give me Beholders and Dragons

Attached: knight-and-dragon-fighting.jpg (741x699, 115.11K)

Real time with pause, Forgotten Realms, made by competent people who were actually passioned about table RPG, high level pre 4e D&D.

>cool locations and environments
>memorable characters
>doesn't sacrifice fun for the sake of balance
>plenty of replayability
>makes you feel like your MC is getting more powerful in a way that no other game matches
>Korgan

Attached: woconia.png (600x600, 20.1K)

it was made before esg credit points and blackrock creation

It runs a good stretch of mid-high level content, is incredibly moddable, takes itself seriously enough to be engaging without crawling up its own ass and is content to let you fuck up on your own without hand holding

Despite the horrendous face, I appreciate this art because he is fighting tasloi which there is not a lot of art of and you would expect the artist to just draw goblins or some generic shit. This opinion changes, of course, if they are supposed to be xvarts, because the artist did not make them blue, so this picture now officially sucks.

Baby's first bait. Have a pity (You)

unironically rtwp will always be better than a 2 hour turn-based fight with mobs

Attached: 1649417204512.png (1117x1340, 1.45M)

This. Developers underestimate the power of enemy variety

Because Baldur's Gate II sucked the player character dry.

Attached: CLIPStudioPaint_2022-05-07_19-27-37.png (346x418, 19.49K)

Lol

>Jan tries fucking with Keldorn by talking about a defaced prayer book
>turns out Keldorn was the one who did it

Attached: EF317F43-84A2-4FD4-9F9A-4F3F5A64C577.png (800x600, 113.32K)

If it's so good how come it barely generates talk in threads, look at your threads, very few people played it.

It's a dead game, and a dead game is never the best game.
here i bumped your dying thread.

Because the actions are so bland and boring and not the epic animations like one would find in Elden Souls

About to play BG2 for the first time.
What should I know when it comes to builds? Don't want to fuck myself over too hard in character creation.

Yes

very good unique loots throughout the game.

Paladin and fighter are the easiest classes for a newbie. Inquisitor is the easiest of all classes for someone who has no idea what they're doing, but you'll be fine as long as you don't choose something like wizard slayer (which can't use magic items).

Wizards and casters in general are OP, charisma is a useless stat, don't play a rogue

LETS SEE WHAT YER GUTS BE LOOKIN LIKE

Attached: download.jpg (210x330, 22.43K)

You can subtract your rolled attributes and add them to others. That makes a huge difference.

If playing a Sorcerer, only select spells that scale well with level. Spells like Sleep has a hard cap to the HD it can affect, while Find Familiar is used only once before you never have to use it again.

18/00 Strength is shorthand for 18/100, the highest level of strength a warrior type can take up that isn't a Half-Orc. If you want that, prepare to reroll attributes a lot.

If playing a Rogue, Open Locks and Find Traps are paramount. Pick Pockets is a fun one to use on the guards around Athkatla (and yield some high level stuff and spell scrolls).

A cheap way to kill strong foes is to Set Snares as a rogue. No saving throws against those. The Bounty Hunter is great in Shadows of Amn, but with Throne of Bhaal it becomes obsolete.

Flails and Warhammers are excellent weapons. Greatswords have some good picks too but a lot of companions can use them well.

Save often. Archive Save before going anywhere big. The original game has some bugs in it that may or may not break a game's progress.

Clerics and Druids ought to learn Negative Plane Protection, a level 4 spell.

Undead being chosen as a Ranger's favored enemy will see a lot of returns.

Yeah, the Wizard Slayer needs a greater buff. Being outright immune to negative spells but not spell-like effects (like a Vampire's Dominate) might set the scales to being reasonable.

store.steampowered.com/bundle/380/Dungeons__Dragons_Enhanced_Classics_Ultimate_Bundle/
Should I buy this? Are these versions of the games bad?

just never forget to carry spells to handle negative levels, just about every undead in the game causes it

The Rogue is also most capable of going solo, especially if you're an Assassin with a high Set Snares ability, and if you like to go invisible and have a crazy backstab. The Staff of the Ram on an assassin is capable of doing obscene damage, and using Celestial Fury is bound to keep a foe or two stun-locked.

Although yes, the Kensai/Mage is also pretty good at that too, but they do need to be careful to traps all the same.

because It's half jrpg and half wrpg,
West games from 2000s to 2015 have made Jrpgs more interesting than Japanese games Biowareshit and witcherfags are proofs, sometimes retards saying Bethesda is the real wrpg, and just ignore it, They're just a bunch of incompetent shit into an open world meme

t. retarded gook from japan

Attached: retard43532414332.jpg (1536x1697, 253.88K)

new UI is up to taste but the enhanced editions changed some writing for the worse and included shitty new companions

>Korgan
I never could play an evil group. If Minsk and Jaheira are not in the group it's not Baldurs Gate for me. I would feel like I betrayed them after all we've been through in BG1

Thanks bros.
Gonna have some good times tonight.

Nobody play like that, that's the kind of thing you do on your 4th playthrough

i hope you didn't betray Khalid and romance Jahei, user

Attached: meeeeow.jpg (607x607, 126.97K)

>Nobody play like that
>Because you should only do that on your 4th playthough
>But nobody play like that!

lol

What other options do I have? Aerie?

I've grown to appreciate Aerie more since she triggers all the woke leftists in Beamdog and other game companies

celibacy, you monster

First time playing 1, any tips? Never played DnD before

cast Sanctuary on a cleric and you can scout right up to enemy's faces and they can't touch you. fun lvl 1 spell

have we really forgot about this kickass game?

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 280.94K)

How so?

Best to ignore any new content such as companions. Rest is fine.
Thankfully, I don't have to deal with the new ones since they are not voiced in German.

I found that game really difficult, until I found out that I can add and subtract the rolled stats to others. Managed to play a Paladin with 12 Strength near to the end of the game somehow before I gave up (Partially because I only had access to a Mac at the time and the Baldur's Gate I port for it back then crashes a lot).

Protection from Petrification is a great spell in that game. If using Enhanced Edition or Tutu and you want to play as a Mage, learn Spook, Minor Image, and/or Find Familiar because their scrolls aren't really found much of elsewhere.

If at the edge of a map, gather your party, and see what new place you can go to, even if you don't want to go there. Just having it marked on the map will allow you to go there from anywhere now.

In Nashkel, Minsc is found and you have to look for his witch Dynaheir. She is found in the Gnoll Stronghold, but you have to go down into the pits there. It's a narrow fit but if you do that you will find her there.

Edwin is also looking for her, but he wants her dead. Both Edwin and Minsc are enjoyable characters (Although Minsc these days is part of the woke cult so that sentiment is a lot more negative on Yea Forums these days), and their bants are great; though they will come to blows.

The Manage Party screen is great for booting out party members you don't want anymore. When I find Xzar and Montaron, I get them in, take their stuff, and boot them out (Unless I'm playing evil).

Imoen is an excellent party member and you get her right away.

South of Beregost on the road you'll be waylaid by Flaming Fist mercs. Killing them doesn't penalize your reputation. They are good at fighting, but they do have Plate Armor.

Have multiple metal weapons on you in case one breaks.

The Nashkel Mines has some kobolds dropping a strange liquid. Give it to the Thunderhammer Smithy in Beregost and he can make some unbreakable iron weapons.

I have a lot more about that game.

I think it was someone on Beamdog who wrote about how much they hated Aerie being a "Damsel in Distress" rather than a stronk woman. I don't feel like digging up the article though.

Yeah, Minsc is dead to me since he's been in the grasps of the woke aids. Will do a Ranger and tell him to fuck off.

the game assumes you would play a tanky character like fighter/paladin if you dont do that get a party member that can fight vs other melee users while you sit in the back

I can handle Minsc in these games because this predates the woke AIDS. Beyond that, nobody else grasped his essence as well as the others who came afterwards. That's the best case scenario of course.

Why dont these remaster these old crpgs bruh. See the success of pathfinder and divinity, a proper bg2 remake would sell like hot cakes

Don't be afraid to reroll until you get god tier stats.

Yeah you're right retard, everybody who play the game for their first time will plan a build with a specific set of items they wouldn't even be aware to exist to min-max mechanics they know nothing about

You have the IQ of a warm oyster.

I haven't played BG2 but
>Icewind Dale
>Arcanum
>Fallout 1 & 2
>Age of Decadence
>Planescape Torment
>PF Wrath of the Righteous
>Disco Elysium
>Underrail
>BG 3 (whenever the fuck it is actually finished)
>VtMB
and also good but with dogshit stories: Solasta, Divinity Original Sin 2
I haven't played Tyranny, Pillars of Eternity, or Atom RPG

Are all fun. It's hard to imagine it's better than those but I'd love to be wrong if I ever play it

Attached: 1630185922214.jpg (640x640, 52.39K)

Easy mode is berserker

She’s emotionally 11

DEX and CON matter on every character, CON only up to 16 for non-fighters, DEX all the way.
Stats your character doesn't use can be pretty much dumped all the way down.There's very little downside to having 3 int compared to 10 int on a warrior.
Wouldn't recommend dual class as a newbie.

One year younger than the average woman then.

How do I recognize new content?

It's not even top 3 Bioware rpgs only

She’s demure and cutesy. Although she goes bitch mode in an argument with Jaheira. Was in the right too since J acts like a cunt to her. I still fucked aunty J though.

I can fix her

Attached: Viconia.png (420x660, 671.34K)

I was chaotic neutral nad had minsc, jaheira, viconia, and korg in the party

Infinity engine games' combat is cancer. Whoever thought real time with hidden dice rolls would work was a moron. It's the same exact problem Morrowind has. If these games were truly turn based they would be infinitely better.

Because a warm oyster is just the right bait to catch you!