Outriders Failed To Turn A Profit

Press S to spit on Square Enix

Attached: another square enix flop.png (930x730, 864.84K)

S

I don't even know what that is

The Anthem of Square Enix

it was some battle royale game with a cash shop, just another fart in the bathroom

Except good and made by people who know what they're doing

Maybe they should stop making forced multiplayer co-op garbage that die the moment the paid streamer stops playing it after 3 days.

The funny thing is, if they'd just given People Can Fly the same budget and let them make any game they wanted, it would have turned quite a tidy profit. We'd have gotten a game as good as Painkiller or Bulletstorm. As it stands we got the most beautiful looking but one of the most boring looter-shooters ever made. Will the coke snorting yuppie suits learn from this? Fuck no, they'll just blame People Can Fly and probably shut them down.

Attached: 1548131345275.jpg (268x294, 10.43K)

It wasn't a battle royale, lmao. It was a live service loot shooter like Destiny except it was 3rd person.

>live service
No part of this is live service

How the fuck did squeenix become this cancerous modern rendition of itself? All it does is chase fads and live service garbage, and wants every fucking title to sell 10+ million, and won't even humor anything small budget with good profit.

The live service model is falling apart.

It's people copying WoW all over again.

Only the top 3 will survive, the rest will falter.

Attached: live service.png (1288x1308, 445.62K)

I had some fun with this game. Did some grinding too but it missed something to stick with it

So it was a shittier Warframe no one cared about?

i didnt even know crossfirex released

Exactly.
Well I never said it was successful

I would have unironically bought it to play in singleplayer too bad it wants me to be always online even when I play solo
so one disconnect from their shitty servers and all your progress goes down the toilet
and I had enough of this with Metal Gear Survive

Why is GTAV rated so bad? is it the tranny review bombing thing?
I can't imagine people got tired of buying the same game for the 6th time now of all things.

Just because the scores are bad doesn't mean it's not making a shitload of money.

more like riding on the bandwagon! Fucking retards, who would have thought that the shlooter genre isn't as profitable and popular! All those failed projects, it almost feels like someone's scamming SE internally.

Attached: 1651102832919.jpg (576x720, 176.36K)

Singleplayer was complete trash

people are tired of buying and playing the same game for 10 years. plus the planned story dlc was cancelled and shoved as a shitty side quest in the online mode.

Is it good? Thought about buying it during summer sale. Tina's Wonderland seems to take forever to release on steam.

Beat entire campaign solo with no connection errors or progress loss. Sounds like a you problem

Censored PS5 version

GTA Online Subscription Service

>buy it like 4 times
>but the 5th time is where they draw the line
It has to be the tranny thing.

only one game is making a shit ton of money on that list user. it's the exception rather than the rule.

Look who the CEO is and all the decisions he's made. The board should have booted his ass ages ago.

Nah it was more like a 3rd person Diablo but with the most boring level design you've ever seen in your life. It has the bones of a fantastic game that was strangled by all the live service bullshit, that's the most upsetting thing about it. The combat is great, the graphics are beautiful, and there's no woke shit. But apart from that, really all you do is run through tunnels separated by repetitive cutscenes for the whole game, that's it, there's nothing else.

Attached: 2178548616832874.jpg (585x563, 87.89K)

I have NEVER seen gameplay footage of this game. not once. I have no idea what this game looks like, or play like, or even if it's an RTS or FPS or something else.

square enix management is such dogshit
i'd say just focus on the japanese games they know how to make, but even that's laughable
truly a company operating out of inertia, have to wonder how they hold onto the talent they have.

If SE didn't decide to reboot FFXIV, the company most likely would be bankrupt or sold to another company by now.

Outriders was shit but people in this thread calling it live service are smoothbrain.

The explicitly stated that it was NOT live service, just a one off release. Also its no surprise it failed, at launch and at least for the first month it was unplayable online, there was zero build variety and the gear was dog shit boring.

All of the 'exotoc' weapons were just a skin for the corresponding normal weapon of the archetype. Exact same animations, exact same sounds, everything. The game was a fucking joke. Also half of their perks were broken and probably still are, they took forever to make any fixes, glad there won't be any future for this shit game

the talent they have left are old and will soon retire. you have to remember soken, nomura, and others are in their 50s.

>Generic co-op looter shooter
>On Goypass Day 1
>not a Microsoft product so no infinite bankroll
>WTF HOW DID THIS GAME NOT SELL MORE?

GEE I WONDER WHY SQEENIX

this game started out pretty gay, then got really kino when they drive you through the battleground with the dead people everywhere, then got really gay for the rest of it. didnt even finish it cause the last part was leading up to something that i already guessed and didnt want to play

When a game spends 95% of its budget on the campaign (which is shite anyway) and 5% on the endgame, but expects you to spend 95% of your time in the endgame, it deserves to fail hard.

When the fuck will these retards making looter shooters learn to stop wasting so much budget and dev time on these one off campaign playthroughs, surely its the execs who are forcing shit like this to be in the game? It just makes zero fuckin sense

blame focus testers. you know how people meme about valve playtesters? well AAA focus testers are that meme but 10x worse.

They need to make the entire game more of a type of sandbox like Xcom, with lots of interconnected narratives and objectives you can play in any order, instead of one linear path. There shouldn't be an "endgame", the entire game should be that and nothing else.

Attached: 1636011519223.png (200x200, 25.74K)

>Outriders
I remember playing something like that on gamepass, took me awhile to connect the name to the trash I played. The only words that come to my mind is forgettable and generic.

Live services was a gold rush wild west like the early smartphone rush when the app stores were a new thing and people literally downloaded hundreds of games and apps just to try them out. Any joe schmoe could make a basketball game app and get rich on the ad revenue. Now people are mostly settled in their app selection and aren't as crazy with downloading random shit.

The same goes for live services. People are settled in and invested in their 1 or 2 live service games. Their account is filled with stuff for x amount of seasons and are already half into the current season. Then a new live service game enters the arena. They try it out for a week or two, realize it's too much work playing this new game plus the live service game they've already invested months or years into. So they quit the new game. That's why you see these "x game has lost 90% of their playerbase in 1 month!". People just return to their old game.

It's basically impossible to be a non no lifer and come home every day and do dailies, seasonal dailies, daily events and this and that in two live services at the time. I tried once and... never again. It's so mind boggingly boring.

>but expects you to spend 95% of your time in the endgame
They didn't expect anything. They had no real plans for endgame as the game was supposed to be pick up and play coop shooter. I honestly don't know how he had a high budget and why it didn't meet it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he might be the majority shareholder.

another thing with these live service games is that a lot of these don't understand that constant content updates is essential to keeping people engaged. throwing battle passes and cosmetics is not content. it works with fortnite because they actually add content besides skins and they do interesting collab stuff. compare it to say halo infinite where the only content they are getting is shit that is expected to be in at launch for any other halo game on og xbox or 360. nobody cares about armor or helmet skins if you're playing the same shitty map for 8 months.

in the last 10 years was there any game published by square that meet their expectations?

I get all those but why Dying Light 2? You can play it offline and there's no subscription shit. That one is fucking confusing. Might as well consider every game live service at this point then.

ffxiv exceeded their expectations but it took them nearly 10 years to reach that goal.

Hard disagree, they had created an endgame loop that was where gear was grinded, with higher difficulties and better times would lead to higher drop chance of the high tier gear.

This is all post campaign. The game is a looter shooter. There was no reason to replay the campaign to farm gear.

It would be beyond impossible for me to accept that they didn't expect players to spend the vast majority of their time running the endgame loop, as that's where it became possible to farm gear rolls, perks and armor that allowed you to customise and optimise your build.

In reality it was dog shit, but clearly their plan.

Why is this the live service discussion thread? Outriders wasn't a live service game in any way, you would be as well as picking an elden ring or super Mario 64 thread to talk about live service games

But aren't the characters saved on their server? Plus the inevitable marketing.

How would you turn Super Mario 64 into a live service?

Attached: m.png (216x201, 40.37K)

They need to invest all of their money into FFXIV
That is their best game BY FAR and I want more social features.
I want an emote that makes my cat girl hiss and "mrorr marrooww" like a real cat.
I also want an emote that makes her tail flick around behind her excitedly, and one that makes her mope and swing her ears.
They are seriously not taking advantage of the GOLD they have on their hands.
The social aspect is the strongest part but we get another 20 mindless dungeons where you press the same buttons in the same orders you've been pressing them since 2013

Attached: the bunny.png (528x881, 552.57K)

can't you play mario 64 through the nintendo switch online emulator? if you stop paying for the service you can't play your marios. that's live service.

just play PSO2 at that point. it has better gameplay, better customization, better graphics, etc.

Attached: central city.jpg (1920x1080, 173.79K)

What's the appeal of live service games? What goes through your mind when you play them? We're living at times where there is an almost unlimited access to video games old and new and yet you chose to play the same game over and over again, not only that but you chose to spend ridiculous amounts of money on cosmetic items that would have been unlockables just 10 years ago. What gives? What was your first ever video game you played? What is your history with video games? I find it literally impossible to get into live service shit coming from the PS1 and PS2 era, my brain simply cannot comprehend how people would get deliberately cucked like that for months and years and accept it.

Dilate

YWNBAW

>this will sale our game
should have had an none sjw character design and marketing
Can I get a "go woke, get broke!

Attached: outrdiers.png (229x398, 219.66K)

all live service games pale in comparison to Monster Hunter, the "Live service" game that isn't one at all, and has none of the predatory shit.

its pathetic they get beat in fun and popularity with a series that has been around since the PS2, but there it is.

monster hunter had several live service games/mmos. they shut down though.

Imagine an MMO with zero gear and stat variety, with no way to customise your class whatsoever, only a single playstyle and people still pay money for it and want dev time to be spent on cat noises instead of having any say in your abilities and playstyle

You people need help holy fuck

Why can't SE stop being woke and pandering to the west, and instead just keep making their JRPG like Trials of Mana?

RTS is a dying genre, what do you guys think can save RTS games?

How do you explain Final Fantasy XIV doing so well then since that is also a live service?

I did, I played A LOT of Pso2 before I ever tried FFXIV.
I agree, I enjoyed the combat way more than I do the limited tab targeting style of FFXIV, but PSO2 is all about whaling for cosmetics, while FFXIV gives me a horde of things to collect all for free, and FFXIV beats it in the social department by a lot.

I have a really nice group still waiting in the game actually, but it always felt like there was nothing to do. If the updates are significant I would come back. Last I checked it seemed like the game was on life support.

pic is my character

Attached: tall shooter lady.png (1079x1919, 3.56M)

wow dying, streamer spotlight, took 10 years to build up.

Trials of Mana and Dragon Quest XI.