NG+ really exposes how much empty space is in this game

NG+ really exposes how much empty space is in this game.
You first try every boss and 90% of the time you're just riding your horse to the next objective (grab 4 medallion parts etc).
I really hope they make the next game linear open world doesn't suit fromsoft games.

Attached: Elden Ring.jpg (1920x1080, 233.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kowakunotsubo.com/archives/why-arent-you-playing-a-jrpg-right-now/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

but why? is this your first day here? we've had this thread 1000times already

>dont talk about game on game board bro

they will keep this formula since it sold like hotcakes

If enough people complain then they wont

Nah you’re overreacting

>dungeons are copy pasted
>enemies you can just ride past
Whats the point of having it?

Doubt it. You’re still in the minority and you don’t make a material impact

I found NG+ more fun than NG, likely because I could now use variety of tools from the start

To explore how you want and fight what you choose. I don’t know, I’ve done three playthroughs and you get plenty soils and rewards by just walking and doing what you see. It’s fun

Then why are sekiro and BB considered better than this game?

You're delusional if you think that would work. People buy the game because of the open world. A dozen of fat smelly angry virgins from here complaining about something won't make a change.

Why do you play an open world game if you don't enjoy exploring and immersing yourself in the world? I never cared about objectives I just like riding around and seeing the landscapes and learning about the history and lore

Sekiro maybe, but anyone who considers Bloodborne better is probably a snoy.
The game utterly collapses quality-wise after Amelia.

>heard people complain about open world before release
>fromsoft put out a statement saying how its dense etc and defending the open world
>after release some people were saying on here that it would be a better game if the combat was like sekiro
>next day from release a statement saying that sekiro and this were co developed thats why they aree still using das 3's combat
Devs surf this place 100%. If enough people complain here they will listen.

And cdpr were DMCAing webms showing bugs on here too

>You first try every boss and 90% of the time
Just like in Previous souls games but okay
>you're just riding your horse to the next objective (grab 4 medallion parts etc).
Just like in previous souls games but okay, I sure love having to walk 30 minutes through 10 bosses, go to blighttown, kill gargoyles just to get to the Anor Londo again and fight the end game bosses, so much better than being able to skip Margit, Godrick, Rennala and picking whatever order of way of approach I want on a fast mount .

get new arguments

They’re great and different and I’ve got no problem having two great linear souls game and one great open world souls game. It doesn’t have to be a competition, these are all beautiful worlds full of interesting things, and it ranges from very good to great. I feel like you take these games for granted and not as the astounding fantasy worlds pulled straight from the ether as a serious labor. It’s pretty hard to look at Elden Ring and spit on it like it’s nothing

You are literally delusional if you think From Software browses, or cares about Yea Forums's opinion at all.

First off, they're Japanese, why would they ever browse an English imageboard?

Secondly, their sales don't lie. Elden Ring was a massive financial success and got amazing reviews everywhere.

And lastly, why the fuck would they care about what some loser neckbeard thinks of their games? Imagine if Miyazaki listened to al the retarded suggestions that are posted on this board, their games would suck ass.

>I need 50 simultaneous copy-pasta threads on the same topic, otherwise I cannot discuss the game. Also, the use of the catalog limits my freedom

the games already suck.

imageboard culture is huge in japan
see 2ch
here devs can get brutally honest opinions about their games because theres no upvote system pushing fake positive posts to the top

>Then why are sekiro and BB considered better than this game?
Hipsters

/contrarian/ is the last board you want to ask for suggestions from and even if they somehow did they'd still dislike it if it got popular

Yes, so why would they browse Yea Forums if they've got 2ch? These devs can barely even speak English.

>It was like this in previous titles therefore its good

Fromdrones are so fucking cringe

to see what western audience thinks

>It’s pretty hard to look at Elden Ring and spit on it like it’s nothing
It looks nice, but the world is basically empty with literallu nothing to do beyond killing mooks and story/lorewise the whole thing is utter garbage.

>literally nothing
You’re just full of shit dude lol

You vastly overestimate the importance of Yea Forums.

You know what they actually look at? Reddit, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and most all, SALES.

>why would they browse Yea Forums if they've got 2ch?
They have entire webistes dedicated to translating Yea Forums threads.
kowakunotsubo.com/archives/why-arent-you-playing-a-jrpg-right-now/

because his argument is that linear is better, how do you mentally deranged freaks only appear when someone says tranny in a thread? YWNBAW

>spend 100 hours on your first playthrough to do absolutely everything
>NOOOOOOOOO why doesnt NG+ have anything new other than slightly upped enemy stats
What do you exactly want from it? The game already offers plenty of content to justify its price.

Ah yes, how could I forget
>copypasted ruins with an item you'll never use
>copypasted dungeons with an item you'll never use AND a reused boss
>a bunch of items you can gather for the absolutely worthless crafting system
>random NPC from a questline that basically has no reason to be there and you don't even know they're there

The open world is objectively great

same thing happens when you replay it
you just dont feel like "exploring" anything

No dude are you retarded.
CDPR looks at reddit see what it did to their game
If they looked at those sites they would fill their games with blacks and trannies

Try using stuff man. Crafting system is very useful and so is the huge variety in weapons and spells

But they aren’t by anyone who matters. I don’t care what discord trannies say

>Crafting system is very useful
Not at all, unless you feel like looking up which boss is weak against which ailment and then it's just cheap.
>huge variety in weapons and spells
Sure, magic spells are so varied in this game, int spells basically come in two flavours, faith is worthless and arcane is arcane.

Soulsdrones are like this, they think every game must be for them, a sludge designed entirely around spamming the roll button. That's why they got angry at Sekiro and at Elden Ring.

someone got filtered!

Attached: 1648198372144.jpg (852x852, 129.76K)

>spend 3 hours in ng+ getting to morgott
>first try every boss
>2.5 of those hours were spent pressing forward on the horse

Nah crafting system is very useful and you don’t have to look anything up, just use your brain or trial and error. You know what attacks are magic and which are fire, don’t be dumb. Faith is great too you have buffs debuffs all the dragon spells and frenzy and beast attacks and etc. you’re just dumb and wrote off all this shit

You forgot the part where this only takes 30 minutes, which is how much time it took me to get to hilltop of the Giants and consecrated snowfield from ng+ for ancient dragon and somber smithing stones

game is not for you then, tendie

Replace on horse with on foot and you've just accurately described the ng+ experiences of every other souls game.

open world doesn't suit ANY game. there isn't an open world "game" that wouldn't be a trillion times better with classic level design and linear progression instead of ubitroonshit.

but you always go through meaningful content in souls games. demon's souls and dark souls 3 in particular.

the shareholders are too busy counting their money to listen to you. you all voted with your wallet and now you're getting ubislop forever.

How fucked are you that you actually think open world is a transexual thing

yes I'm sure if enough retards complain on 4cheddit they will ignore the astronomical sales figures and change things up

Attached: 1651923512449.png (800x1000, 18.52K)

Meaningful content? They’re just levels. What’s meaningful in 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 when you’ve already got the items? I agree they’re fun to play, I’m not shitting in demons souls, but it’s fun to comb through Elden Ring too

I only played through once and loved it, but I agree OP. I hope the next game is a more focused experience

I was only missing the frenzied flame achievement and didnt feeling like using the cloud cheese so I started NG+ and decided I was only gonna do main bosses and run past every enemy and see how fast I could do it. I ended up beating NG+ in about 4-5 hours. I beat every boss first try with my bonk build and mimic. NG+ is seriously pretty pathetic in this game because of the open world. You have literally no reason to explore besides grabbing a second of every weapon. I'm gonna put the game down for quite a while now and make a new character down the road so I can actually explore again

>run around in a horse across empty terrain for 100 hours before finding a recycled cave or boss
This is engaging gameplay according to: zoomers, redditors and popular youtubers worshiped by said redditors and zoomers.

>and mimic
leave

>for 100 hours
Why do you have to lie to yourself to such a degree?

don't they have an official elden ring discord though? i'm pretty that would be one way of them checking those opinions out

>t. fellated bloodborne

Riding around was cool in the beginning but as the zones started being increasingly populated with enemies you first saw 40+ hours ago, it loses all of its value and just becomes a pointless non structured field of filler. If they wanted to reuse enemies they should have made combat more free flowing and complex, now im just jump attacking and r1ing everything over and over again like it's supposed to be providing me with something. You can't even enjoy the story because the npcs you find only have like 3 lines of dialogue and don't progress any sort of plotline. It's probably less fun than playing path of exile act 3 in 2011, at least that has snappy combat and no real need for orienting yourself on the map (wasting time)

>crafting system useless
>boluses heal every kind of status effect
>perfumes are free and insanely good buffs without any stat investment
>consumables for every kind of damage, knockoff lifegems on demand, arrows/projectiles for status buildup, etc.
only useless if you actively make a point to ignore it

You act like it’s all in an empty field but you have to follow paths and go through doorways and fight up staircases and navigate through shit. And you call using your map and having orientation a waste of time? I think you have a shitty sense of space my friend

These people ignore everything and only use one build that they make up in the first hour

>have to grind for all that crap
No thanks, I ignored it and I have no regrets. Game is already boring enough as it is.

>calls Yea Forums contrarian
>they love elden ring
Guess I just imagined all those bump limit threads and all the rya/ranni threads.

Puttin on stockings doesn' t turn you into a woman, tranny.

It's not an empty field, but it's not tightly designed like previous souls games. The combat system is not nearly enough on its own, it always had to be carried by the level design and the open world has very little of that careful level design. Orienting oneself was done in the previous games, but that was careful orientation determining threats and safe routes, in the overworld it's very often just trying to get from point a to b.