ITT: games that were better during alpha or beta phases

Attached: house.jpg (550x366, 65.42K)

Nice bait. Minecraft wasn’t good until beta 1.8.
Also Hello Neighbor I guess.

Beta 1.8 is the exact point it all went to shit though

Warframe

Minecraft is still great.

Attached: TR.jpg (500x474, 102.3K)

>anti hunger fag
Filtered

It's not about hunger, it's about worse terrain generation.

Don't remind me how fun Warframe was back in the day.

Attached: haha yeah.png (715x499, 234.18K)

Floating islands and buggy terrain still exists in biome settings

nono you dont get it it was different when i was 12 and my mom made me hotpockets bro

this was so much fun early on
fuck I miss those times

Underrail before they "rebalanced" psi-skills. Not really a beta, but holy fuck what an unnecessary design change.

Starbound
Darkest Dungeon

filtered by shit mechanic gotcha

Attached: c.jpg (1280x720, 178.03K)

Overwatch Beta was the best thing.

Nice to know people still appreciate the game despite mojang's slow decadence.

these zoomer nostalgia posts about "le golden age minecraft" are so fucking cringe. start game gear and some babbys first mudhut. kek, confirmed for not even playing the game. otherwise you would have loads of screenshots of your adventures, but what would zoomer know about any of that stuff.

i remember when minecraft first came out and i watched seananners play it on youtube
life was much better before the calamity

came here to post this

Genuine question, what was so fun and different about it? I played it a bit like last year but it got boring quick
Nice community though and the gameplay is incredible

Warframe's gameplay essentially hasn't changed ever. Except for melee which got an improvement.

Minecraft content was better back in Alpha/beta days. Minecraft itself wasn't good until the adventure update.

>Warframe's gameplay essentially hasn't changed ever.
oh no not at all
>be MR1
>aim for headshots
>be MR20+
>screen is constantly covered by particle effects
>only way to see enemies is by their red dots on the minimap
>but it doesn't matter since your guns are AoE anyways
>just shoot in the general direction of an enemy and watch the funny red numbers cover up the aforementioned particle effects
not one bit

old minecraft is one of the most soul things ever

the feeling of being just you, your pickaxe, and the few mobs that existed, with the true objective being your imagination (and patience, I guess) since there wasn't that much to find if you went to explore and stuff, is something no game will ever be able to capture again

>basic shit
>is something no game will ever be able to capture again
let me guess, you were about 8 when it came out

Starbound

It wasn't better, it's just that it was still at the stage where you could envisage a great game in the future. Now that future has come and it's mediocre.

Attached: file.png (350x493, 206.77K)

Archeage

I'm still mad.

I remember Minecraft when you had to open the browser page, pick a server and just start building whatever you wanted with the 7 blocks it gave you.

Bullshit. Warframe has so many garbage systems now. Operators and eidolon hunts are Trash endgame

lol you could press B or whatever to open a window letting you select way more than just 7 blocks
there was even custom server software with even more blocks than those (doors, teleports, etc) as well as more options for world generation and even multiple worlds per server

i too remember being 5 and how everything felt so magical

honestly a really fun game early on, really wish i played it more

>lol you could press B or whatever to open a window letting you select way more than just 7 blocks
That's missing the point

Stop using aoe weapons retard, normal bullethoses are perfectly viable for everything there is to do in the game

this unironically
i have extreme misophonia and the sound of another person loudly crunching, chewing or slurping on food makes me see red

you cannot imagine how fucking awful videogames became when every faggot "survival game" copycat started including these awful sounds into their food systems. subnautica 2 was by far the worst with a sassy black woman moaning and guzzling while she barfs down a raw fish

i fucking hate food noises user

Attached: 1635993068302.jpg (338x400, 31.99K)

>modded minecraft classic servers in browser
>tnt wars
>lava survival
>all in classic creative mode but operating off of server mods
so comfy, miss those times

>Hello Neighbor
Getting redpilled on the development history for that game was truly something

Attached: 1622856803003.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

tldr?

got a TL;DR summary?

That's unfortunate, man. I get rock hard listening to women eat.

Minecraft was shit during alpha and beta.
I've played it back then.
There was literally nothing to do.

If you ask DE they'll probably say it's still in beta

This 100%. I started playing back when Hanzo still had scattershot, torb had a turret he could upgrade. The game is so unfun now and the game kept getting worse with every new character added.

tldr please user.

For me it was Symmetra.

They had to rework her twice to make sure she wasn't fun to play as anymore.

This.
>Mcree actually did damage
>Animation canceling adding combos to some characters
>Nobody knew what the hell they were doing, so there were a ton of wacky team comps
Probably some of the most fun I had from a video game. It only got worse once the game came out though.

not that user but the first few alphas of the game were better than the final product, it got constantly worse with every version
>somehow they fuck up the lighting
>graphics look worse
>story makes zero sense and impact which attracts zero interest
>puzzles make NO sense and you're better off stacking props to bypass puzzles or watch a guide
>character's pov is annoying, props and movements are inconsistant as fuck and makes the game nearly unplayable
>Neighbor's AI sucked ass
>Bugs everywhere

Not to mention they begged MatPatt on twitter to make a theory video to try pull a FNAF for the story.

fuck I forgot the most important detail, the house turned from a normal looking house with interesting rooms to a huge fucking maze that makes zero sense construction wise, it's horrid to look at.

>Not to mention they begged MatPatt on twitter to make a theory video to try pull a FNAF for the story.

Attached: how will they recover.jpg (703x1111, 169.56K)

Starbound. How the FUCK Chucklefucks found a way to butcher what could have been a great game never fails to make me laugh.

what that other user said plus
>game became popular due to the interesting neighbor ai that learns and adapts to what you do
>over time they completely ditch the initial idea that made the game popular and became a cluster fuck of obscene puzzles and platforming
If they had just improved on the first version that became popular it would be better

Fallout 76. It didn’t need npcs, it needed ways for the player base to interact with each other.

they should have rebalanced these niggers instead
seriously, what's the counterplay? I thought them being mostly blind would mean they at least run into my traps but unless I'm cornered with only one trap standing between me and them they never run into it. every encounter with them felt like mostly lucking my way into getting them trapped in a corner at which point I just spray them and wipe them out in one turn

Attached: 1651932748661.gif (256x256, 40.97K)

Attached: ss_d4801c68763c669562cef2d505e79be506667ee0.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 440.57K)

I remember my first Minecraft world vividly. Very green grass, zombies dropped feathers, red flowers the size of yellow flowers, cacti on beaches. I built a house in the side of a hill near spawn and later moved to a bunker on a snowy mountaintop and lit the area with redstone torches. I'm pretty sure I remember the seed but attempts to recreate the world on what I thought was the version number returned visually similar but not identical worlds.
My second world was what could best be described as marshland, a bunch of trees growing on flat, dry land with pockets of water everywhere. No swamp biome proper. Ocean to the left, mountain to the right and straight ahead. The surface of the flat marsh and the massive mountain ahead had huge spheres dug out by cave generation that I pretended were craters.
My third world I don't remember too well, I know there was a sizeable island and I foolishly built a wall around the perimeter before building any houses inside. Beta 1.8 released halfway through that world and I abandoned it to give adventuring a try.
I have no screenshots of my old worlds. If my first Minecraft screenshot still exists on a hard drive somewhere I'm sure it contains coordinates of some generated structure post-beta 1.8 since I don't often take screenshots of games and I didn't even know Minecraft had a screenshot function until I was informed that debug could show you world coordinates.

Starbound

they listened to reddit way too much on this one and decided to ruin any character they complained about. dropped it right around orisa because there was no point in playing any character with a high skill ceiling because mercy, reinhardt and almost every DPS were easy as fuck and disproportionately powerful.

>i fucking hate food noises user
You could just remove them if you're this autistic about it.

Why does this always happen? Anytime devs do what the fanbase tells them to it always goes to shit

holy shit that's genuinely depressing

Attached: 1ae.png (809x808, 20.2K)

Such a shame the path it took, you really had to be there to believe it. Looking at the state of OW today it's difficult to tell how anyone but diehard Blizzard fans put up with it.

It really was blatant they were just following everything reddit told them blindly.
I still remember around launch everyone was bitching that D.Va was terrible because they couldn't play her like every other tank, meanwhile I had like a 70% winrate with her by completely shutting down any side paths and shitting on light characters. Blizzard had clearly designed her this way, but they still listened to reddit and buffs her defensive ability. Surprise surprise, people start playing her because she can now act as a normal tank, and then realize she's overpowered while flanking and diving! Who could have guessed! So blizzard nerfs her offensive abilities instead of just reversing their fucking changes.
Purely, mindlessly following what reddit told them with no thought or central design despite the launch game having a lot of really focused, strong gameplay designs.

He had pulled a FNAF for the story. It was a massive part of their financial success. They were begging him to do it again for their spinoffs.

you're the bait retard, Beta 1.7.3 was kino, 1.8 was shit just like your opinion