Malenia objectively proven to be unfair

youtube.com/watch?v=R9Vbsr3Ko7M

She literally breaks the rules.
>Can cancel out of animations
>Can ignore the stance breaking
>Can animation cancel out of staggers
>Can chain hyper armor animations

She doesn't fight fair. The player isn't expected to beat her fairly either.
From INTENDED you to cheese this fight.

Fromdrones please try and defend this. We'll all be laughing at you.

>Skill issue
No. Design issue.
Videogames are a form of art. And like every form of art there are rules and techniques that define good art. Failure to apply these techniques and rules properly is grounds for critique. Any proper video game critic, be they amateur of professional, can see that Malenia is badly designed. She breaks established rules. From HAS dropped the ball. Malenia is OBJECTIVELY shit and Fromdrones who like her are SUBHUMAN who cannot engage with art on a mature human level.

Attached: Malenia.jpg (1920x1080, 171.75K)

I'm literally fighting her right now and I feel like the actual boss is that one attack. Everything else is pretty fair and straightforward but that fucking waterflow shit is absolute cancer.

Attached: 20220507062258_1.jpg (1920x1080, 293.37K)

People beat her months ago, have you not gone back to playing and talking about other games yet?

But muh waterflow meme attack can be dodged :^)
All you have to do is follow a 10 step manual
Literally no other boss requires this of you btw. Totally not out of place and breaking established conventions.

can't believe he's still seething

The difficulty with waterfowl is that you have to time the first dodge very well and the timing changes with distance to her. Other than that it's not too bad. Also if you are quick you can cancel her out of it with some throwables.

The only cancerous part of the fight is how much she spends time airborne and out of reach of most attacks in the second phase. This is ironic since Elden Ring generally does very well with bosses giving you a chance to hit them mid-combo if you know what you are doing.

You had a good argument until
>Videogames are a form of art

Waterfowl Dance is literally the only thing hard about her. I don't mind admitting I couldn't figure out how to dodge it correctly and only consistently survived if I was far away when she started the attack. Outside of this one attack, I think she is not very hard at all. Easier than Radhan and less scary than Royal Revenant. After dying to Waterfowl Dance for 1.5 hours I just said fuck it and summoned Tiche. Beat her in 2 tries with Tiche.

Overall I think she is a pretty shit boss.

> Oh no, the most dexterous enemy in the game can react to your attacks by deflecting and jumping back, and she also has a way to break the stunlock cycle some schmucks may try to cheese her with, oh wow how unfair

I'm astounded at the fact that people are still seething this much at this boss over two months after the game's release

Reminds me of WoW yogg saron fight that was said to be mathematically impossible, and some chinese guild killed it with warlocks dmging it while looking away from it thanks to soul drain.
Except that boss was actually hard and you had to defeat it with a group of people and cheesing wasn't really an option.

It was such an upgrade over modern "hard boss" discussion.

all false

They literally are though. By law.

>rules
She has a health bar and it goes down when you hit her. It's okay for you to admit that her fight is too hard for you. You don't have to make excuses.

There's a lot of cynical game design in Malenia. The most egregious shit is the constant chaining of her flurry, Waterfowl is pretty AIDS but by that point in the game if you don't have 60 VIG, you're not playing ER right. I still think she wasn't as bad as DoH or SSI from Sekiro, but that's my opinion.

Malenia was easily the boss best with the best aesthetic in the game. What now tranny redditor? Dilate me a river?

Attached: zix-sparrow-7.jpg (1920x1080, 332.39K)

>SSI
SSI is harder because the game itself doesn't have shit for you to cheese the game with
But he is in no way unfair

Attached: 1598573942523.jpg (1282x1080, 893.95K)

yeah, he's pretty fair, maybe the gat isn't but that's not so bad

Reminder to report literal reddit threads with YT advertising.
>Reminder to report literal reddit thread with YT advertising.

Weren't people crying about the Nameless King in the exact same manner they now do with Malenia?

Based Chinese soul drainers whilst looking away.

Sekiro actually gives you the tools required to properly fight the aggressive bosses. There is barely any downtime fighting SSI. Meanwhile you're running around doing nothing for a large portion of the Malenia fight.
Elden beast is especially bad. You can spend full minutes not getting to land a single hit.

she's a sekiro boss
put on a buckler and parry and none of this shit matters aside from her shitty spam attack

Nameless has no unfair mechanics that break established rules.

ishin isn't unfair because there are no real builds to utilize outside of prosthetic tools so everyone has to use the same tactics they've been perfecting the use of since the start of the game
he's the perfect souls boss

Let's put it through the DSP Metric
>SSI: 2 deaths
>Malenia: 147 deaths

>pre-1.03 patch
YDNBTG

Isshin is fair as hell, the most egregious thing I can think of is that occasionally he can instantly combo off from the jumping slams while 99% of the time you're used to him having enough recovery for a punish. But you have a revive in that case

malenia was never touched in the patches

the camera in the 1st phase is really horrible. still not as bad as malenia though

It's not a fighting game you dumb faggots, it's not supposed to be fair.
From games are not character action games, they're arpgs.
RPGs meant to be broken and their systems exploited to the absolute maximum.
Stop being a fucking baby and play your rpg game using the tools it gives you.

Attached: 1633249722017.png (500x500, 371.01K)

I guess I should've clarified that I meant they were harder, not more unfair. DoH could be equally unfair though, since you needed a specific upgrade on a specific prosthetic. And he punishes you for playing the game like it's meant to be played.

Powerstance capped warhammers, dump everything into hp, stamina and strength, mimic tear and apply blood effect to your weapon. Jump and smash, go for the critical hits when she's stunned.
First tried this way.

It's more annoying.
The main thing I think throws people off in the nameless king fight is that you have no shadow and thus it's hard to gauge depth and get a feel for how far away you are from the boss.

TL;DR, she was easy, git gud

Attached: 1649392035318.png (752x877, 404.54K)

>She doesn't fight fair. The player isn't expected to beat her fairly either.
>From INTENDED you to cheese this fight.
Oh i see so this entire thing is about you trying to convince yourself that you beat her, or the game.
Truly petty.

Malenia is an absolutely fair boss. She doesn't break anything at all.

>Nameless has no unfair mechanics that break established rules.
Neither does Malenia.

DSP solo'd her so she's fair.

Attached: 1650384673604.png (500x704, 275.22K)

>She doesn't break anything at all.
Except all the established mechanical rules involving animation canceling and staggering.

> Use basically half of the OP items in the game at the same time, easy boss
Yeah, pass, I really don't like the retards that trivialize the game and turn it into what's basically a glorified checklist of bosses "beaten"
Engage with the fucking mechanics you clowns, what's the point of the game if instead of analyzing and practicing bosses' movesets you just stunlock your way through using a summon and some cheesy overtuned build?

>there are RULES inside my head
>*showcases regular enemies*
>wtf she doesn't follow rules for regular enemies
lol
Showcase every other boss in the game and we will talk

lmao this video again, eh?
at this point it might as well be advertising

I enjoyed the malenia fight, they should make more unfair bosses

This.
Should be reported at this point, but it's funny. It's a reddit meltdown basically.

Attached: 1651810215326.png (766x768, 757.96K)

Attached: 1651918627898.webm (1280x720, 2.53M)

>>SSI
Took me around 100 attempts the first time , but when I came back to him in NG + 2 I beat him on the first try , but that's because the combat in sekiro isn't shit and actually has nuance to it other than dodging at the right time , so you gradually get better at it the more you play

Attached: 1651342346418.png (1242x1000, 894.29K)

LMAO Based DSP defeated Malenia and she is his favorite Souls boss. People that are complaining literally need to git gud.

Attached: DSP pandalee.jpg (1280x720, 95.03K)

Nothing of sort is happening. You stagger her - she does a move, that move sometimes is the retaliation kick out of stagger, which looks like another kick move she has, but faster. Think of it like when you block with shield and do a counter/retaliation. She has the same thing, just out of stagger, not block.
Otherwise every time you stagger her she may queue in another move, which sometimes is the backdash, which has in-built blocking.

Everything is really simple. Some people just got filtered, some of the them even beat her and still got filtered. C'est la vie.

>coop
I remember Hoarah Loux the NIGGER teleported from 20 meters away to grab me one day. Please don't play coop in ER.

>No you don't get it. She has a block in her stagger. This is somehow the same as you being able to block with your shield and then retaliate
Nigger you cannot block during your own stagger animations.

But he is a professional videogame player.

I'd like to see OP's reaction to revenge values from KH2FM.

Yeah let's see a detailed breakdown on every boss. Boy, we are about to have a fucking revelation.

>Human boss that staggers easily so that it feels like you are fighting on even footing.
>She doesnt have a stamina system so she just keeps attacking with no real drawback.
Nioh did it better.

Are you of low intelligence? I'm explaining to you how the move works, it's a specific counter from stagger state by the most staggerable boss. It's very straight forward. What exactly you struggle to understand?

The part where she breaks the rules by breaking out of her stagger to counter the stagger.

No one can break out of their stagger besides her. Doing this breaks established rules. I don't care how you justify it.

Imagine still caring about From Shitware garbage.

Attached: fromshill.png (1294x453, 875.08K)

It's not a rule break, you don't break the rule by doing a move that is specific and can be only accessed off block state, no do you? It's a mechanic that you have.
And she has a retaliation mechanic off stagger. That's how she's designed. And there is nothing wrong with it.
You are simply a bitch. Now i bid you farewell, my low intelligence fellow. I wish you to get over yourself.

> Boss has a new mechanic to help her get out of a stunlock induced by all the high poise damage skills present in the game
NOOOOO, MITSUBISHIII, HOW DARE YOU NOT LETTING ME CHEESE THIS SUPERBOSS HYPED TO BE ONE OF THE MIGHTIEST WARRIORS IN THE GAME, YOU'RE BREAKING THE RULES OF THE GAME, THAT'S SO UNFAIR, AAAAAAH

It's not even a new mechanic, other bosses that can be staggered also sometimes do a faster move off stagger. It's pretty universal.

You keep comparing it to a block state. But it's not. It's a stagger state. And no other enemy can move out of a stagger state to respond to an incoming attack.

The point flies over your head. From is inconsistent with their roles. A mark of bad design. If they wanted Malenia to be capable of countering stagger states than there should have been a more elegant way of doing that.

There is a difference to getting out a stagger quicker after having been attacked and literally moving out of a stagger state to respond to an attack.

That kick is such a stupid thing to complain about.
She even has stuff that she can extend her combo after a move, like she can do the direct charge stab attack and finish it with backdash, into then another attack. It's intended to be a fast paced fight like that. But people still bitch about it, it's so annoying.

Attached: 1651746295017.png (1192x2049, 1.2M)

A block state is not a stagger state. Wow look at this 200 IQ genius. You don't fucking say.
Wonderful, you think the boss has no right to have a mechanic she has.
You have a right to have a block specific move, she has no right to have stagger specific move. Because you just don't like it.
Keep thinking that. But you're a fucking retard for that. The complaint here is pure fucking bullshit.

But she does have a block move mister retard. And that is fine. I have a block move too.
My problem is that she can literally cancel out of her stagger animations (something the player can't) to perform that block move or dodge move.

Also, I've already accepted that the boss can do moves I can't. I'm not complaining that she has essentially infinite stamina while the player is limited to their stamina bar. My critique is that she breaks established conventions. No one. NO ONE can cancel out of their stagger animation to respond to an incoming attack but her. And her being able to cancel out of that is but one of the problems that make her fight objectively worse.

And you're the one calling me low IQ...

At one point she did her triple sweep attack four times in a row on me. I dodged them all, but it was pretty funny to see and remember how much trouble I had with that move before.

My take. After reading these threads and YT.

>she is an optional, secret, endgame super boss that is clearly designed to be The Hardest
You're not required to kill Malenia. You don't gain anything from killing her. It's a challenge you accept yourself. One specific fight, that expects you to do specific things. In a game where you can kill bosses literally in seconds.
>the so-called "rules" don't really exist. She is not the only one to break them. She doesn't have to follow the "rules" you imagine yourself.
Mechanics showcased in the video have only been tested on regular enemies (mobs), very convenient. Malenia is a super boss, like mentioned above. Why would she follow every single rule for regular mobs?
Do you have any confirmation that all other ER bosses follow them perfectly? We all know it's not true. You need to provide a detailed breakdown on other big bosses, before you can really talk about breaking the "rules".
Also, even regular mobs cancel out animations and read inputs and gain retarded hyperarmor on their moves. Proven many times before, even here with webms.
>if I do RL1, no weapon upgrades, hands tied behind my back IRL her fight is extreme
No shit. How do you design a humanoid boss to be The Hardest, that will be "fair" for both omega tryhard RL1 retards and casual, RoB with summons, gaming journo tier retards? Feel free to provide an extensive list of balance adjustments to make her more "fair". Without lowering her overall difficulty, that would go against her core design.
It's very hard to do, we're talking about Elden Ring here. Balance is fundamentally broken in this game.
You can't have a truly challenging boss without giving her tools, that seem "unfair" to an average player. Average player will have to waste time, die and adapt to it. No other way around.
Otherwise, she gets stunlocked to death. Because she should follow the "rules" and lack any "unfair" moves. This turns her into an easy, braindead boss.

Attached: input reading cancel.webm (1000x562, 2.85M)