Was this shit as bad as people said it was?

Was this shit as bad as people said it was?

Attached: GTX-970-memory-issue-e1469724337547.jpg (960x456, 39.03K)

Disregarding the meme it was a great budget card that still has life in the 1080p world to this day.

yes, it was horrible.
I had a 970 for a long fucking time too.

Yes. I can't believe people still buy Nvidia after this.

if amd had actual comparable performance for cheaper even in opengl people would actually buy amd cards

yeah but who cares about open source anything lmao

Too bad the competition is a joke.

R9290 was on par with the 970 and even beat it later on. Back then, amd cards aged like wine

>sabotage the competitors
>surprise why no one buy from the competitors

linux is not a real operating system and never will be
open source has only one real use and it's for video games

one of the best gifs of all time was the one with the black dudes on the couch clapping and then getting mad, and it freezes and chops when the meme reaches 3.5gb
hopefully someone has it

Attached: 3.5.gif (300x169, 1.03M)

it was kind of like this but at the end when it hits 3.5 the meme starts stuttering until it hits 4

>using windows in current year
how's that microcock feel inside your ass?

No. It didn't even mattered.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-05-07 024045.jpg (401x478, 73.16K)

I still use the card and It worked for me

you know your operating system is kinda pathetic when you rely on a fat old nerd who does nothing but play dota against bots to even have it any kind of support

I'm still using it, no problens at all in 1080p/60fps

Reminder that the ceo of AMD and Nvidia are cousins

It wouldn't have been a big deal if the card actually didn't allocate more than the 3.5GB, but since it physically had 4GB, of which 500MB was horribly slow it really fucked things when you got to that 500MB part.

580 is equivalent to 1060 & is about same price, some places it's cheaper, some it's more expensive
since then there's likely been other equivalent cards

Wow I wonder why AMD doesn't have the money to compete? You people are part of the fucking problem. I don't want AMD to be the only option but Nvidia needs to fucking go.

delivery

Attached: 3.5_meme_card.gif (300x169, 556.45K)

No.

970 was released in september 2014. People didn't find out about the vram issue until early january 2015. If it takes over 3 months for tens of thousands of users to find out about an issue, then it wasn't a big issue.

The card was cheap ($330 MSRP, can you imagine a X70 card at that price now?). Treat it as a 3.5 GB card, and it's no different from anything else. It will take a lot of it to start allocating past 3.5 GB, and when it does, it's no different from any other card that runs out of vram and starts allocating required assets elsewhere.

>bro why amd doenst have the money to compete
>literally defeated intel and is still fucking them in the ass
okay retard

I'm talking about their graphics division. Can you not understand context? This is a thread about graphics cards.

AMD is just as bad the moment it gets the upper hand. Their CPUs are barely better than Intel nowadays either, despite costing more.

It didn't matter at all. There was some amdfag schizo at the time spamming every thread even tangentially related to it to convince people to trade it for a 290 and I'm glad I never fell for it. The great irony of it is a 970 holds up better than a 290 these days if only just.

I remember buying it for $200 when it went on sale some time in 2015. It was we'll known to have 3.5gb at the time instead of 4gb but it was still a great deal. Then there was a class action lawsuit and settlement and I got another $50. I ended up selling it for $250 in 2015 and replaced it with an AMD Rx 480 which cost less. I literally got paid to use it. Same thing happened to that 480, but I got a 6600 and it had terrible thermals. I got two models of the 6600 and those bastards cheapened out on the amount of copper on the heatsink so it would get hot. What a garbage card.

Attached: 1554960224965.jpg (1280x1218, 373.61K)

the 970 was mediocre as fuck when it released
struggled hard with games like witcher 3

It was shit move by nvidia, but as expected of corporations. Still great card though, especially after price reduction.

nah it was a pretty good card

>>>literally defeated intel and is still fucking them in the ass
what lol

are you suggesting that people should donate money to amd so they can make products that make them billions of dollars

Then you might as well call every card from that time mediocre, unless a 15% performance increase from 980 would save you (at 40 fps that would be a 6 fps increase).

Attached: 1631810008945.png (400x1193, 126.02K)

>R9 290

a card so bad it runs hotter than a furnace and has the life expectancy of a alcoholic newborn?

its a rebranded radeon 6XXX overclocked to hell and back for fuck's sake.

The 970 is a much better card.

no, 970 was the best GPU I ever owned, lasted me 6 years

>struggled hard with games like witcher 3

lol
lmao even
i put a 970 with a 1155 xeon for my sister's computer , tw3 is maxed out at 60fps locked WITH the fancy hair thing

Still using mine
Still works fine

Why Nvidia faggots think nobody buys AMD gpus when almost every fucking pc with AMD has their iGpu inside?
Only other company that can actually compete with AMD is fucking Intel.

>scammers>>>Intel>>>>AMD>>>>chinks>>>>>>>>jews>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nvidia

Either way, hardware companies are the bottom of the barrel, ready to scalp on MSRP the moment new shit becomes convinient.
>mhu crypto
>mhu nft
I'm not buying any fucking new graphic card until I can find one UNDER MSRP, fuck them.

>every fucking pc with AMD
not that many then

Still using it now for Elden Ring and Halo Infinite. It's a good card.

Because people tend to talk about discrete GPUs rather than igpu shit. igpu is heavily dominated by intel (62% share overall) anyway.

Attached: 1642520135604.png (1550x548, 185.26K)

AMD is in every single console, so technically they sell way more than Nvidia.

Never bought nvidia and never will. All my amd cards served me well. Suck my dick.

>I'm not like those other "bad" shills, I'm a "good" guy shill

That's my point
Nvidia has ZERO margin on that market.
How can faggots still believe the "AMD has no money" meme?
If anything, it's the other way around, and this also justify why Nvidia cards are priced so fucking high compared to AMD; they need fucking money from their GPU division otherwise they have jack shit to recieve an income from.

I was using it up until just a few months ago. It ran most games at a stable framerate for many years. It seems that most AAA games have become more demanding though and it no longer meets the minimum requirements. Over the past 3-4 years though it was constantly either the Minimum or recommended card benchmark for most Steam games I was interested in. It did it's job well and it is even still worth using on an emulation machine now that I upgraded.

>brand loyalists
Is there anything more pathetic?
I dropped Intel the moment AMD made something better after using it for decades.
The moment AMD makes something better, I'll ditch Nvidia.

Switch uses Nvidia hardware.

They always will keep buying because nvidia will just shit out some new "groundbreaking" meme for every new series and then every game will be marketed with it like it's the new gift from god.

RTX GPUs for fantastic for rendering with raytracing.

I'm not shilling, you can buy whatever you want and I but whatever I want as well.

>Switch uses unused 2012 Nvidia hardware that should have been tossed in the african e-bin otherwise

Ray tracing is the future and will be standard in a decade or so. If you think for a moment AMD won't be preparing for it too, you're delusional.
Also DLSS is far from a meme.

No alternatives
Oh, you mean AMD? Ahahahah. Nope.

You mean amd shits out some new groundbreaking tech that they don't patent then nvidia steals it, patents it and bribes game studios to cripple amd performance with it.

This. Buy whatever you want. These companies have billions of dollars at their disposal, they don't give a fuck about you.
I bought Nvidia for stability and the NVENC encoder.
I bought Intel 9900k because at the time AMD was shit.

>bought Intel 9900k because at the time AMD was shit
>How to spot Intel paid shill

>raytracing
It's a fucking meme
I'm using Unreal Engine 5 for architechtural previews and in real time lightening with Lumen (software based raytracing) works just fine.
DLSS is the real banger here. AI image reconstruction is the fucking future, but even AMD is now developing a decent software alternative, so what's the fucking point of "fancy propetary hardware" when a good engeneired software cand do the same thing and be used by virtually any hardware beefy enough to run it?

>ray tracing is a meme
>I'm using ray tracing and it's just fine

Attached: 1633356677061.png (600x450, 222.38K)

nvidias stock price is twice as high as amd lol