Should I play every non-mmo Final Fantasy game in order?

Should I play every non-mmo Final Fantasy game in order?

Attached: final_fantasy_2_pixel_remaster_screen[1].jpg (1460x821, 316.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrheOFfbrJqPK6eg6jzGt_UojzwG0YI7b
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Never played an actual FF game before.

If you do, skip 2.

What's wrong with 2?

Yes, but don't play the shitty remasters. Always play the original versions

What makes the original versions better?

No
You should play the MMOs too

PSX or PSP for 1 and 2?

Steam? There's a discount atm.

>Steam?

Attached: laughing getters.jpg (1000x760, 377.1K)

The fuck should I buy then?

I'm not buying some nigger portable.

>buy

Honestly, 2 and 3 are easily skipped. There's nothing wrong "per se" but they're very...boring. The 3d remake of 3 is only mildly better than the original nameless one.
1: The OG and worth playing just to experience the roots
2: David Bowie dies, goes to hell, comes back and dies again
3 OG: 4 nameless faggots fight a giant sprite cloud of darkness
3 3D: 4 Orphans fight a sexy green cloud of darkness
4 OG: Shallow but solid entry, sets the bar for Dragoons in every game to follow (aka they all suck or betray you)
4 3D: Voice-acted and solid remake, worth a playthrough if you do the original
5: First and most class-focused game of the series; solid story
6: Best of the series - Sprites got enough detail to be unique characters, variety of skills (if you're not a min/max faggot who only spams Magic, or OP Gau rages, control yourself), largest cast and the only Villain who actually succeeds at his plans to destroy the world. Most memorable music in the series.
7: Solid entry, but overhyped by fanboys who started here.
8: Absolute shit, don't bother
9: Great entry, the first and only medieval-era entry in the 3d FFs
X: Solid entry, linear as fuck though
X-2: Barbie dressup simulator, worth a play if you liked X enough
XI: Don't do it. Just, don't.
XII: Great entry, worth the play.
FFT: XII-adjacent, and related to FFXIV as well. Considered the Father of the Tactics genre alongside Ogre Battle.
XIII: Don't. Lightning is some faggot's forced-insert waifu, and every other game XIII touched turn to shit. Same for the sequels.
XIV: Best FF story in decades, if you can get over it being an MMO.
XV: Once you get over the dudebro roadtrip part, it's not that bad of an entry, but the combat is awful.
Honorable Mention: Mystic Quest. Babby's first RPG, great OST.

The remasters have a way worse font, and nerf the game difficulty to nothing. Play through the original 3 final fantasies if you want some hair on your chest, don't play that baby mode shit. If you play the pixel remaster can you really say you beat the game?

If I want to enjoy XIV story why shouldn't I just watch the full story on yt? Why should I give SE my money every month for them to invest in NFT

Because it honestly hits different when you're immersed in it, and it's your character, your story. I can tell people all day that the Shadowbringers theme is fucking amazing and mind-blowing, but I'm aware enough to realize it only hits that hard because of my experience with the story, and how Shadowbringers ended. It would just be another song otherwise.

>6: Best of the series
Oh look, a retard.

How can I get my hands on the non-shit versions of 3 then?

>10+ games of menu combat
Maybe if you get a lobotomy first, it's an exercise in patience not fun. Play Might and Magic 6 through 8 or Baldur's Gate 1 through to Icewind Dale 2.

XV IS that bad. It's fucking terrible.

If I want good story then I'd go watch a movie, gameplay is all that matters

you can do that with any ff mate they're all baby's first jrpg

Skip all these and play Tactics Advance

Worst of the Tactics series, even A2 is better. Fuck Judges.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrheOFfbrJqPK6eg6jzGt_UojzwG0YI7b
Here, saved you the trouble of actually playing the game

>get over the dudebro roadtrip part
But that's the entire part that's worth playing XV for

A2 definitely doesn't get the love it deserves. Frimelda is one of the best characters in the franchise.

Attached: frimelda.png (1280x933, 961.83K)

I'd play ff 14 but the idea of paying every month is horrendous. Is there any way I can play all the contents without paying a single dime

>XV: Once you get over the dudebro roadtrip part
No, that was the best part.

is strangers of paradise worth playing? heard it was pretty short

>Maybe if you get a lobotomy first, it's an exercise in patience not fun. Play Might and Magic 6
The absolute fucking irony

Attached: b4f.jpg (859x348, 21.35K)

gay gay sissy gay leather wearing buttsex

Play the first third of the game for free and either wait for the rest to get added to the free trial or a private server

>Consider playing FF14
>Remember that the translation is bastardised to the point of changing cutscene direction and this was never fixed
>Don't play FF14

Yes, ignore any parroting faggots who tell you to skip 2. The good ones are 4,7,10,11,12 the bad ones are 3,8,13,14 the rest are passable to ok, 5 is overhyped as hell, but you should play them all and if you do any spin off games make them tactics at least and any others as wanted.

Attached: unknown-243.png (1001x2047, 1.83M)

Huh, was looking on the SE site and saw XI included in this Remaster mouse pad release. Interesting.

Attached: finalfantasyxigamingmousepad.png (1800x990, 1.34M)

Hanging out with your bros isn't gay. If you think it is you're probably gay.

That's the entire point of this site you retard. Everyone is anonymous. You should really go back.

No but these """""bros""""" are most definitely gay

>This person gets it

Only one I disagree with is 11 because I feel it could be elaborated more. I only played a little of it myself, but it's a very old school mmo and will probably filter most people hard. The game itself has its own dedicated fanbase and has been alive for a long time despite 14's success which is interesting at least to me.

You little nigger, 6 IS a great entry.

To actually answer your question OP, no unless you are playing a direct sequel to one of the entries. The games are mostly not connected other than references to older games and tropes within the games.
If I had to recommend which ones to play? 7, 6, 10, are all pretty solid and good entries.

Stop projecting.

no

5 is the best SNES final fantasy
2 is the best NES final fantasy
9 is the best playstation final fantasy

play the others in the order that you wish

Attached: 1648062800567.gif (300x300, 482.01K)

Is the PSP version fine for FF4? I had a translation of the SNES copy going but I was told by an user that the DS/PSP ones were pretty good. Went with the PSP version since it seemed closest to the OG

can someone do this but for dq games?

>FFT: XII-adjacent, and related to FFXIV as well.
Also related to Vagrant Story now too if you want to give that game a shot.

>buy
Just emulate the original versions retard

>9 is the best playstation final fantasy
Really feels like it. Playing 9 for the first time and I'm really enjoying the cast and story.

Vivi, Steiner and Zidaine are the fucking best bros. Just got to Cid so maybe things will change.

I don't play DQ, but it seems all around that people agree 11 isn't a bad place to start. Same as FF the older entries are something you go back to rather than start with. Other ones I've heard are good are 8 and 5.

What is wrong with having an opinion about vidya? That is what this board is made for you flaming faggot.
That image is aimed at retards who open threads with twitter screenshots for the purpose of shitposting, causing butthurt or because they can't form their own opinions

Attached: 1651253247702.jpg (600x600, 64.33K)

>Other ones I've heard are good are 8 and 5.
heard the same about 3.

Yes

Just mod them

Attached: 2235.png (1680x1015, 281.54K)

>another Frimelda enjoyer
You and me, brother. You and me.

Go ahead, they're all on PC now.
Don't be shy about the MMO ones either.

Attached: 1645208431854.png (1400x1792, 1.99M)

6 is fucking dogshit, imagine needing to lvl up 11 people to beat the game

Old good new bad

you dont have to play them in order.
but they are worth checking out.

well for one there are several spells that straight up dont work in the NES version of FF1.
the game wont tell you and it makes you commit to three spells of a level.
isnt that cool and hardc0re?

Attached: 1638299872154.png (1280x936, 1010.93K)

>Just mod them
Give me the breakdown, I was just trying to track down a translation patch for 4 and it was aids.

start with one of the best ones like 7 or 9, you will get burnt out on the earlier experimental releases

by FF4 the series was hardly experimental anymore desu.

I like how in the first one you can choose which class you want your party to be, are there more rpgs like that?